The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 01 - CLOSED

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
20171106175530.jpg
sans spaces: [COLOR = red]FINAL ENTRY[/ COLOR ]

You can read, right? Then please don't ask stupid questions.

I think you should be able to enter, but not participate in the judgement. But someone else already said that's fine, so it's fine.

Dude, you really need to work on your attitude! Or eat a snickers, have sex, drink a cold one or something that helps keeping your head cool.

Im just amazed how big the difference in the quality of the pictures is here vs. Forza 7 photomode competition. Is this due to the quality of The photomodes or the long heritage of GT photomode competitions? Is GT still the weapon of choice for virtual photographers?

I do. There's not much fun in choosing a subject and not being able to submit one yourself. If it's about not wanting the same winner every times, just change it so that the winner of previous week can't win, but still participate.

Dude, you really need to work on your attitude! Or eat a snickers, have sex, drink a cold one or something that helps keeping your head cool.

Come on guys. No one has forbidden the judge from posting his own picture to the thread. There has been quite few time i think the last weeks winner has followed the explanation of the theme with his own shot at it.

Its like lawyers here. One is allowed to post/submit, but tecnically not "participate".

Then again if you have a great shot you want to show off, maybe save it for later when elligible theme comes up. ;):cheers:

Last edited:
^ Nice one zzz_pt! Clean and simple, love it! :bowdown:

Also, the number plate is a nice touch. Made one for my 911 too. :)

It seems people don't read through the rules though. A lot of entries won't make it into the poll because they're to big. :/

FINAL ENTRY

Note: Ps4 screenshot because i dont have internet and it'll be too long if i used my hotspot to update the game.

Attachments

• 23215524_1943325399251039_2664105933936742300_o.jpg
    23215524_1943325399251039_2664105933936742300_o.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 54
Is this due to the quality of The photomodes or the long heritage of GT photomode competitions? Is GT still the weapon of choice for virtual photographers?
I think it's a bit of both. Even with so many games these days shipping with integrated photo modes, I don't think any have even come close to the functionality introduced in GT4. And the GT series has only improved upon it since then. It helps that PD seems to actually understand how light works as it pertains to photography.

I'm actually kind of surprised no one's been able to match GT's implementation yet.

There are a whole bunch of images that don't follow the rules in the OP, and thus won't be included in the poll on Friday...

Im just amazed how big the difference in the quality of the pictures is here vs. Forza 7 photomode competition. Is this due to the quality of The photomodes or the long heritage of GT photomode competitions? Is GT still the weapon of choice for virtual photographers?

I think it's a bit of both. Even with so many games these days shipping with integrated photo modes, I don't think any have even come close to the functionality introduced in GT4. And the GT series has only improved upon it since then. It helps that PD seems to actually understand how light works as it pertains to photography.

I'm actually kind of surprised no one's been able to match GT's implementation yet.

To add to this: the majority of the shots here are with Scapes, meaning the only thing we're seeing rendered are the cars. I'd certainly hope an image that's largely a real-world photograph would look better than an image composed entirely from in-game modelled assets. ;)

But yes, the Photo Mode in GT itself is also much, much deeper in scope than any other game's. I'm not too surprised that no other team has matched it, though: nobody else puts as much of a focus on visuals. As an avid photo moder, that makes me a little sad, but hey, that's why it's so good to be able to play multiple games instead of just one franchise. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back