The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
I am currently very confused by these discussions on Hybrids, i guess i'm just gonna have to try this for myself.
Believe it or not. Hybriding has been a staple since GT2 (partially GT1 too). Best way to get extra life to a dead game.

So here is an example of what I was saying earlier about why I hate those swap job tutorials.

As an example, I switched some of the parts from a GT-R SpecV '09 (my donor car) to what the car and wheel color samples use.
IMG_2808[1].JPG
IMG_2807[1].JPG

As you can see, once I press square and change the view, the white text box still displays the donor cars name. This is why I hate those stupid swap job tutorials and this is what I meant by you not getting the "real deal".

And no GE will NOT fix this! I am aware it has a name changer, but it won't change what's in the white text box. Some may tell you it will, in fact the creator even told me that once, but it's NOT true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Last edited:
@Sonygamer455 Do you already know the ID car for the Car Color Sample and the Wheel Color Sample?
The ticket ID's? Yes. The ticket ID for the Car Color Sample is "car_color_sample" and the Wheel Color Sample is "wheel_color_sample".

To better my method. Add the tickets for the Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 and the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 with GE, decrypt your save with Bruteforce and then open up the GT5.2 file in HxD. While in HxD, just search "_155_v6ti_dtm_93" and replace that text with "car_color_sample" and then search "challenger_srt8_08" and replace the text for it with "wheel_color_sample". Of course save and encrypt your save game and copy it back to the PS3. (I assume you already know how to do this?)

Once you go to your car delivery in the game, you should receive these cars. No need to swap parts from another car, you just have to change the ticket ID for two cars and you will get them in their proper form!

Last edited:
The ticket ID's? Yes. The ticket ID for the Car Color Sample is "car_color_sample" and the Wheel Color Sample is "wheel_color_sample".

To better my method. Add the tickets for the Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 and the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 with GE, decrypt your save with Bruteforce and then open up the GT5.2 file in HxD. While in HxD, just search "_155_v6ti_dtm_93" and replace that text with "car_color_sample" and then search "challenger_srt8_08" and replace the text for it with "wheel_color_sample". Of course save and encrypt your save game and copy it back to the PS3. (I assume you already know how to do this?)

Once you go to your car delivery in the game, you should receive these cars. No need to swap parts from another car, you just have to change the ticket ID for two cars and you will get them in their proper form!

I was talking about the car ID number, not the car internal name.

The reason why i asked is because i remember months ago doing this to get the ticket of the car that you can't get with GE (like both color sample).
But looks like, you managed to do this by yourself. Congrats!

By the way, you can do this to get the Stealth cars and Chrome Line cars, but you know what happens if you restart the game.

I was talking about the car ID number, not the car internal name.
Oh okay I was under the impression you were confusing it with something else.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the car ID numbers are for those two cars, so I can't help you with that. However I am working on my tutorial as we speak, maybe once it's up you can follow it and find out what it is then. :)
The reason why i asked is because i remember months ago doing this to get the ticket of the car that you can't get with GE (like both color sample).
I understand. I can see you like to get things done the proper way. 👍 Adding the tickets for the color sample cars really is a better way to get them than just swapping parts around from another car.
But looks like, you managed to do this by yourself. Congrats!
Thank you! I actually figured it out years ago, but never posted about it until now. It took me a while back then, but I got it.
By the way, you can do this to get the Stealth cars and Chrome Line cars, but you know what happens if you restart the game.
Indeed I do. If you don't have the DLC installed, it obviously won't work.

Unfortunately if you're on OFW and you don't have the DLC, that means those part swaps are about the only way to get them. (though that part swapping method as I mentioned earlier is rather improper)

Last edited:
Car ID Numbers are basically attached to a certain cars (they are unique, just like Paint IDs). Most racing games have them.
I figured that's what it was, but what I was saying was I had no idea what the car ID numbers are for those two cars. I also have no idea how I would find out either.

I figured that's what it was, but what I was saying was I had no idea what the car ID numbers are for those two cars. I also have no idea how I would find out either.

Here their ID Number:
06C8 - Car Color Sample
06C9 - Wheel Color Sample

By the way, did you know how to add standard cars in Secret Menu? Because i do.

Sorry, if it's off-topic

No! :eek: I didn't even know it was possible! You have my attention.

Technically, i didn't add cars to the Secret Menu, i replaced one of the selected cars with a standard one.

i.e. I selected in the menu the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and i replaced with the Nissan R89C Race Car '89

Technically, i didn't add cars to the Secret Menu, i replaced one of the selected cars with a standard one.

i.e. I selected in the menu the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and i replaced with the Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Hhmm does it involve switching the strings out? Or just the IDs

Indeed I do. If you don't have the DLC installed, it obviously won't work.
Unfortunately if you're on OFW and you don't have the DLC, that means those part swaps are about the only way to get them. (though that part swapping method as I mentioned earlier is rather improper)

Seriously? It might be really surprising for you guys if I drop the bomb now, but the Garage Editor was NOT DESIGNED TO MAKE PIRACY EASY. Slim355 (wanna come out and have some own words about it? I'm not the PR guy here) and I had an agreement back in the days, that we won't cross the red line of allowing piracy with the use of the editor. So a LOT of stuff has been cut that would allow for piracy.
I'm glad that we were somehow wise enough to do so back then, and I still laugh hard about that even trying to bypass it won't allow you to pirate DLC content. I didn't knew back in the day, as I had bought all the fancy DLC stuff.

As a last line, I'm not trying to perform "moderator" actions with this - but instead I ask you if you really think that moderators and/or the site owner would be happy about such discussions - before you continue with that, which of course is completely up to you..

Seriously? It might be really surprising for you guys if I drop the bomb now, but the Garage Editor was NOT DESIGNED TO MAKE PIRACY EASY. Slim355 (wanna come out and have some own words about it? I'm not the PR guy here) and I had an agreement back in the days, that we won't cross the red line of allowing piracy with the use of the editor. So a LOT of stuff has been cut that would allow for piracy.
I'm glad that we were somehow wise enough to do so back then, and I still laugh hard about that even trying to bypass it won't allow you to pirate DLC content. I didn't knew back in the day, as I had bought all the fancy DLC stuff.
Whoa dude, chill out! :scared: I'm well aware of why ya'll didn't add any paid DLC (which I honestly don't blame ya'll), in fact you told me why on NGU years ago via PM and I have not forgotten it either.
As a last line, I'm not trying to perform "moderator" actions with this - but instead I ask you if you really think that moderators and/or the site owner would be happy about such discussions - before you continue with that, which of course is completely up to you..
It's not like we revealed the key information to it such as the part codes or ticket ID's needed to get the DLC cars. (which we didn't)

I am not sure why you're getting so worked up over this. I really think you're overreacting.

Last edited:
Hhmm does it involve switching the strings out? Or just the IDs

I will try to explain:

First, choose any car you want from the Secret Menu (i choose the NSX Type R '02 as a example). Save the game and quit it.
Second, decrypt your save with Bruteforce and then open up your save and after you are in HxD use the search option to found 01 8C 0F.
After you found it we will try to replace with a standard car (I choose the Viper SRT10 '03) which the value is 02 3A 0F.
After this encrypt your save and you are done it! :)

It's been a while since i do this, so the tuto posted above could not work.

Whoa dude, chill out! :scared: I'm well aware of why ya'll didn't add them (which I honestly don't blame ya'll), in fact you told me why on NGU years ago via PM and I have not forgotten it either.
It's not like we revealed the key information to it such as the part codes or ticket ID's needed to get the DLC cars. (which we didn't)

I am not sure why you're getting so worked up over this. I really think you're overreacting.

Sorry my fault, i was the one to bring the topic about DLC.

Is it possible to add cars to it without replacing though?
I will try to explain:

First, choose any car you want from the Secret Menu (i choose the NSX Type R '02 as a example). Save the game and quit it.
Second, decrypt your save with Bruteforce and then open up your save and after you are in HxD use the search option to found 01 8C 0F.
After you found it we will try to replace with a standard car (I choose the Viper SRT10 '03) which the value is 02 3A 0F.
After this encrypt your save and you are done it! :)

It's been a while since i do this, so the tuto posted above could not work.
Oh so you hack the save game to do it! That's interesting, I was expecting it to be jailbreak related.
Sorry my fault, i was the one to bring the topic about DLC.
Don't let it bother you.

Actually there does exist folks who fully paid and earned all there respective DLC, but over time it got lost for one reason or another, such as PS3 crashes, corruption of their game file data, deleted or lost game saves in error, change of equipment, hard drive dump, going off line and not returning for awhile, update issues, etc etc etc and I could go on with other various reasons. Anyway, here's a reality check, the playing majority of GT5 are NOT PIRATES of any sort and certainly they are not the creators of any particular edit or hack type programs that are available on the net. That majority also did not take the game offline leaving some stranded without the ability to recover their DLC and thus creating the inability to get their DLC back or complete. Many weren't even aware that the game was going offline at the time. Not everyone frequented the game car websites who paid respectfully for their game and disks thereof. They own their disks paid for in full and that's a fact. If they wanna trash them, scale them like a frisbee, or eat them for dinner, that's their business. One more news flash... The game is NO longer online, so please just have fun. I don't think the loyalists of GT5 are making any money off this deal-do you? :cool:

Last edited:
As a last line, I'm not trying to perform "moderator" actions with this - but instead I ask you if you really think that moderators and/or the site owner would be happy about such discussions...

As I already stated in the OP of this thread; I asked the site owner @Jordan if it was OK to discuss the Garage Editor openly on the forum, & here was his reply.

Yep, I don't have any problem with these discussions now that the game can no longer be played online.

👍

Leaving out key information here doesn't make open talk about piracy any better (you've admitted the in game resetting, meaning you were trying to gain access to non payed stuff). It is NOTHING I had in mind with the editor. So you might understand that I really dislike that.

Actually there does exist folks who fully paid and earned all there respective DLC, but over time it got lost for one reason or another, such as PS3 crashes, corruption of their game file data, deleted or lost game saves in error, change of equipment, hard drive dump, going off line and not returning for awhile, update issues, etc etc etc and I could go on with other various reasons.

Actually, theres is NO proper way to check for if you have bought the DLC or not outside of the PS3. So it makes all of your points just irrelavant. They are none of my business. And besides, they really don't interest me. Even if your dog ate your Disc or whatever..
The premise back then was and today still is, no DLC and that's it. If you don't think that this is ok even if the servers are offline or you dislike the weather or whatever else, feel free to code your own editor..

VBR
As I already stated in the OP of this thread; I asked the site owner @Jordan if it was OK to discuss the Garage Editor openly on the forum, & here was his reply.

I've read the OP. And I think that its really great that Jordan allows the discussion by now 👍 I was just not OK with abusing the editor to try and pirate DLC content. Even if it is not sold anymore. Even if it can't be downloaded anymore. That's not my fault, its either Sony or PD to blame..
Clearly, I seem to be in the minority with that mindset and thus I think the best thing I can do is just leave the thread..

To all the non pirating guys, have fun. I'm out..

Just remember that we the majority of GT5 honorable players, and although many enjoy and appreciate that GE program very much, we are not the developers and obviously are not responsible for any openings that are derived in someone else’s program faults not addressed previously by the originators. I hear his concern, especially as he is connected with the Garage Editor program, but to blame others or point fingers with indirect piracy accusations is way overboard imho. Oh, I don’t have a dog. And that’s my final word on that particular subject.

Last edited:
Leaving out key information here doesn't make open talk about piracy any better
I admit, what me and EncounterGTR said probably wasn't right, but at the end of the day, I still think you're overreacting over what me and him said. If it's a problem, we have mods and admins that can handle it.
(you've admitted the in game resetting, meaning you were trying to gain access to non payed stuff)
....or perhaps maybe someone posted about it on the internet and that's how I know about the reset.

Maybe I know about the reset because I got a Gamestop Nascar Camry from the 2010 ticket, which I am pretty sure can be obtained through normal means. And yes it can potentially give you that car regardless if you own it or not and it has other cars you can get from it as well. (I think the Gamestop Camry is the only DLC car in it)

Or

Perhaps I had an issue with my console and somehow lost the DLC I bought and had to reinstall it.

Ever considered that maybe I unintentionally found out about it before hacking was a thing in GT5 because of the things I listed above? How do you know it wasn't any of those? Think about that...
It is NOTHING I had in mind with the editor. So you might understand that I really dislike that.
Believe me, I totally understand why you would have a problem with this and how it could potentially get you in trouble, I really do, but I really think you're making a FAR bigger deal out of this than what it really is.
Slim355 (wanna come out and have some own words about it? I'm not the PR guy here) and I had an agreement back in the days, that we won't cross the red line of allowing piracy with the use of the editor. So a LOT of stuff has been cut that would allow for piracy.
The premise back then was and today still is, no DLC and that's it.
And I believe you, I really do, however I should point out the tool does have the option to enable the secret menu and the secret menu does allow you to use the DLC cars regardless if you have them or not. Sure it may not be adding them to your garage, sure it may be restricted to the arcade mode, but having the option to enable the secret menu in the editor gives you access to the DLC whether you own it or not, which kind of goes against what you're saying. And heaven knows I could say a lot more....

Last edited:
Ok now... let’s get back to GE fun, some cool stuff, and build some of those new unseen before awesome hybrids so that our rising star ShphrdOfFire can post ‘em in up in his new mag.

Anyway, one thing I like about GE it allows a car to be slammed to your liking. In case you haven’t noticed it is very popular with certain vehicles now and even reverse slams are cool with 4 wheeling fun on the dirt. My grandson likes his GT5 standard truck real high and I like them... well let’s just say, exotic rides sparking those bumps and grinds.

Last edited:
Ok now... let’s get back to GE fun, some cool stuff, and build some of those new unseen before awesome hybrids so that our rising star ShphrdOfFire can post ‘em in up in his new mag.

Anyway, one thing I like about GE it allows a car to be slammed to your liking. In case you haven’t noticed it is very popular with certain vehicles now and even reverse slams are cool and in for 4 wheeling fun on the dirt. My grandson likes his GT5 standard truck real high and I like them... well let’s just say, exotic rides sparking those bumps and grinds.
I have absolutely 0 problems with that. Yall can post them here. Pictures and specs like HP and weight and an small totally optional description. (btw this is my 100th comment :))

Just a guess Sony that it "might be" the same as one of the standard Jaguar XKE's greens that are available. Not sure though and my guess is Tim will attempt to figure it out and chime in.

Last edited:
Back