The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
What ya could try is go to the Garage Editor and select any car in your garage that ya don't mind changing or whatever. Then double click the paint code area on that car in GE and look up all the Jag greens available there. Maybe the correct green is in there. But, my guess is you already know that maybe. I'm not as savvy as some are with that kinda stuff, it's just a guess as there are many Jag greens, so it would be very tedious in comparing.

What ya could try is go to the Garage Editor and select any car in your garage that ya don't mind changing or whatever. Then double click the paint code area on that car in GE and look up all the Jag greens available there. Maybe the correct green is in there. But, my guess is you already know that maybe. I'm not as savvy as some are with that kinda stuff, it's just a guess as there are many Jag greens, so it would be very tedious in comparing.
I'm already aware of how to do that, but as far as I know, it doesn't have any nameless paints in there. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Sony-Don't know if it has any of the nameless paints, but Jake makes a great point in mentioning there seems to be a pattern which make sense.

Just noticed something now after looking at one of my Garage Editor hybrids...Check out the "white stripes" that appear on my "premium" Camaro '69 gasser. If you look at any of the many colors that are available in that car at the GT5 dealership you will notice that every one has "black stripes only". When I repainted mine with the "older standard" color Olympic Gold in Garage Editor the stripes came back "white". Thought y'all might wanna see this, and as many already know I always back up with a photo or two.

Example Of Premium Car Stock From Dealership...

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69.jpg

Same Example Premium Dealership Car Repainted In Garage Editor's standard paint section...

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 302 Stroker Drag Racing Gasser Super Hybrid-At Ahrweiler Gate.jpg

Last edited:
Another quick simple tip... just renaming a car in GE will Not create a hybrid country origin and it will remain in it’s normal country provided no other GE hybriding is done. When a garage gets so big you can get lost in it and this may help to sort it out sometimes.

Looks good to me, Razerman, is there paint code for the Amuse Carbon R or Buick Custom?

I'm away from home for a week so I myself can't check but I'll ask around if someone else can check it out for you. If not, I'll do it once I'm home. It's been years now but I recall that not all cars have paint codes though, some "chips" just give you a full on black car.

Where can I get this list of paints you have?

It's not just a paints list so to check if the car even has a chip, there is some data combining to do. But the data needed for it is acquired with the input of multiple people so I can't just share it without a permission from all.

I recall that not all cars have paint codes though, some "chips" just give you a full on black car.
Indeed, I recall the one of the Dodge Vipers being this way. It's like the "default color" people sometimes speak of.
It's not just a paints list so to check if the car even has a chip, there is some data combining to do. But the data needed for it is acquired with the input of multiple people so I can't just share it without a permission from all.
I understand.

Believe me, I know how hard it can be, I don't have any software. I made a list of the hex addies and wrote down all the colors they give. Then I extracted all the No-Name colors and eliminated all the Default Blacks and Race Mod whites. I copied the remaining colors onto 200 Honda Civic Type R's '08 and saved 5 copies. Then I eliminated all the colors except Red on one thumbdrive, Blues on another, etc. When I want to use a color from an unchipped car, I load it onto the respective thumbdrive and color match it to the closest 4 or 5 colors out of 30 or 40, and the correct color becomes easier to identify. I can be hardheaded, but I need to stop because I have bad eyes. I'm not after every single color, just the cool ones to finish my game save I never got to finish before I had to take 2 years away from playing GT. I can still play but all the reading is not so good for me. I have found most colors I wanted, those are just two that I wondered if anyone had, it's not something I want someone to do a lot of work for me.

Last edited:
Not to sound "pushy", but I am curious to know what the paint codes are for the Nissan R390 and Bugatti Veyron. I know the Veyron is a bit of stretch because it has a lot colors, but I can reasonably certain they work because people were passing them around when the servers were up, surely someone knows the paint codes for some of them. As for the Nissan, it only has one, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Looks good to me, Razerman, is there paint code for the Amuse Carbon R or Buick Custom?
This something I have also been curious about.

Not to sound "pushy", but I am curious to know what the paint codes are for the Nissan R390 and Bugatti Veyron. I know the Veyron is a bit of stretch because it has a lot colors, but I can reasonably certain they work because people were passing them around when the servers were up, surely someone knows the paint codes for some of them. As for the Nissan, it only has one, so it shouldn't be too hard.
-
I missed adding those, to the list, adding them now. Thanks for reminding me, I missed those. :)

The Jay Leno Tank Car is another interesting one i'd like to find out about as well. Man, so many unused paints for other cars to be discovered, it's insane!

There are many Default Blacks and VERY many Race Car Whites. Other than those I have about 100-150 No Name Colors still unaccounted for... and half of those are various shades of Silver from light to dark. I have a good idea where most of the Reds, Blues, Greens and Yellows go, it just takes time to check each against the cars one at a time. I see light at the end of my tunnel and am excited to be getting them all filled in. I may never get all the Blacks and Whites, but then I never thought I would get where I am either. The key for me was having separate thumb drives for each of the colors. That made referencing colors much quicker and easier. The hardest part was probably addressing all the colors to begin with, once I had that done, it just became a matter of breaking them down and organizing them into groups I could navigate. I was an inventory manager for a number of years, it's a similar kind of process.

Edit: I picked up a sheet of those colored stars from the back-to-school sale to color code my thumb drives. LOL

Last edited:
I can imagine finding these hidden paint chips is very time consuming. It'll probably a long time to figure out all 20 of the Bugatti colors. :lol: I would try to figure these out myself, but I don't know how to go about finding them and I obviously can't ask about it here, I have a jailbroken console though.
There are many Default Blacks and VERY many Race Car Whites.
Now I have seen the default black before, but not the default white. Can you post a picture of it on a car?
Code:
0x01572FFF (ID = 2745)
As always, thank you for sharing!

Actually, the Bugatti colors have very unique names, so they are easy to find on my master hex list, I just forgot to add them when I made this thread. I work in spurts, taking breaks to save my eyes. Sometimes I don't know what to do next and then someone asks about a color and so I try to find that one next. I would rather have someone ask me questions and be part of a conversation than to lurk out there in the weeds like the Lone Ranger. Something happens when people try to work together.

Now the next paint I wonder about is the one from the Lister Storm Race Car. Man, i'm trying to resist, but these race car paints just fascinate me!
Actually, the Bugatti colors have very unique names, so they are easy to find on my master hex list, I just forgot to add them when I made this thread.
I noticed earlier you added them. Thank you!
I work in spurts, taking breaks to save my eyes.
That's good. I tend to be an over achiever with a lot of things and I don't take breaks as much as I should.

I've come to the conclusion that many don't use the Garage Editor to it's fullest. Talking with a few other folks over this weekend I was surprised that they never looked at the multi's, many tune adjustments, and various paint changes that can made. Most weren't aware you simply have to double click those areas. Along with GE’s body codes on there car items, I don't see any point in having to swap engines and chassis, cause once properly done in "A" setting one can simply go to the car's "B" setting and save to "A & C" settings insuring a perfect match every time.

Last edited:
I've actually never used it. I'm still on 2.17. I've always been interested in it though, & especially when it came to the secret menu. I won't chance using it until I get my replays recorded & on YouTube. The most important thing by far to me personally in GT5 is my replays of online races. I've got most of them backed up now on USB drive, & am trying to get a decent PC built soon. Then you may see lots of videos uploaded in this forum.

Also, been thinking about getting a second pre-owned PS3 with an SSD just for GT5 & the Garage Editor, but don't know exactly what to do yet...

Just noticed something now after looking at one of my Garage Editor hybrids...Check out the "white stripes" that appear on my "premium" Camaro '69 gasser. If you look at any of the many colors that are available in that car at the GT5 dealership you will notice that every one has "black stripes only". When I repainted mine with the "older standard" color Olympic Gold in Garage Editor the stripes came back "white".
That happens with some cars, like the Roadster TC that I painted white for the photo contest now has black stripes. Looks like a Race Mod but its not, it's a NA MX-5 Touring Car :)

Tim is my main source for body and rim same color combinations on cars where that’s not normally possible ... :bowdown:
-
The people here have been good about helping me with things so I decided to pay it forward.
Anyone wanting a custom wheel color to go with their custom paint job, PM me and I'll help.
It's only math, but the wheels you want to paint should be paintable for the color code to work.
Not all dealership stock wheels are unpaintable so it's not always something that's impossible.
Just don't send a list of 80 cars needing custom wheel colors and I'll see what I can do to help.
-
NISSAN GT-R R35 TOURING CAR - 007DBE80 Maziora Pireades II with Miami Blue wheels.
-
_R35a.png

-
_R35b.png

Last edited:
Now I have seen the default black before, but not the default white. Can you post a picture of it on a car?
As always, thank you for sharing!
-
00035FFF sample_white
_White_1.png

00035FFF sample_white
-
0155BFFF WHITE (Polyphony) Not from any car but gifted or awarded someplace I can't recall.
_White_2.png

0155BFFF WHITE (Polyphony) Not from any car but gifted or awarded someplace I can't recall.
-
01A99FFF NN (black chip) FLAT WHITE from Race Mods and/or Rally Stripes, theres dozens of these.
_White_3.png

01A99FFF NN (black chip) FLAT WHITE from Race Mods and/or Rally Stripes, theres dozens of these.

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that many don't use the Garage Editor to it's fullest. Talking with a few other folks over this weekend I was surprised that they never looked at the multi's, many tune adjustments, and various paint changes that can made. Most weren't aware you simply have to double click those areas. Along with GE’s body codes on there car items, I don't see any point in having to swap engines and chassis, cause once properly done in "A" setting one can simply go to the car's "B" setting and save to "A & C" settings insuring a perfect match every time.

It all looks too complicated for me. There would have to be an idiots guide...

It all looks too complicated for me. There would have to be an idiots guide...
It only sounds complicated. The GE took something that was complicated back in the GT2 days and made it much easier. I used to have a notebook full of hex codes that I would enter one at a time using a GS, but all that stuff is pre-entered in the GE and organized where it's easy to locate. You just push a few buttons and you're done. You can perform dozens of operations in moments and get back to playing. You don't have to understand code or how it works. It's certainly simpler than the used car dealership and the normal way of acquiring paint chips. It takes the drudgery out of organizing your garage and saves time. Even if you never build one hybrid, the control over your resources is worth looking into. There's an app for that now. The GE is the idiots guide. :)

Last edited:
Back