The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
I mis-read the part about "use the Garage Editor to it's fullest." Not had my coffee this morning. I think it depends on ones level of interest. Some players only play once a week, others once a day and some for several hours a day. But they all do different things so they take only what they need and it makes them happy. I like these people more than some of the aforementioned 12 year olds with 5,000 horsepower RedBulls who exploited online play and caused much drama for GT5 that was unfortunate. I don't believe there is any pressure to use everything in the GE, but it's awesome that there are people here to answer questions about all the different things and make playing older GT titles more fun.

Last edited:
is there a way to swap a body off of another vehicle and onto another while keeping the donor chassis car's wheels and suspension to be displayed on the other car's body?

As far as I know it’s a No on the wheels as they go along with the body. If rims can be changed on the new body that is the only thing you can do I believe...

On suspension you can keep that by simply knowing the old code and plugging it in...

If I’m wrong feel free to chime in as this is my recall...

i was hoping to get the kubelwagen wheels and suspension on the '49 beetle for a cool historic car known as the volkswagen kommandeurwagen and will try some more things but as for now, it seems to be a basic body/suspension swap
You can only do that with GT4 hybriding I believe, but that's another matter. You can switch the suspensions from another car to another.

My HD took a crap on my old PC I lost my GE. Any suggestions on how to obtain It again, and is it compatible with windows 10?
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Luckily I had the GE backed up on my thumb drive and so I run the app from the thumb drive where ever I go. Yes, it works with Windows 10. I find that most things work fine with Windows 10, which is great. If you Google it, there are a few places it can still be downloaded.

Last edited:
I have a small Excel file I use to give all my game saves a basic load of the 200 most used paint chips. I have no clue how to share a file in this forum so others can download it but I think many would find it fairly useful. Whats the best way?

I have a small Excel file I use to give all my game saves a basic load of the 200 most used paint chips. I have no clue how to share a file in this forum so others can download it but I think many would find it fairly useful. Whats the best way?
Right click the file, click "Send to" and then "Compressed (zipped) Folder", use the "Upload a File" button here on GTP and find the zip folder and then it should upload it. 👍

anyone have a save full of hybrids they would like to share? im in process of making hybrids but only have a couple would like t have a savedata full off them to play with

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Luckily I had the GE backed up on my thumb drive and so I run the app from the thumb drive where ever I go. Yes, it works with Windows 10. I find that most things work fine with Windows 10, which is great. If you Google it, there are a few places it can still be downloaded.
Thanx Tim, I also lost thumb drive. Found where to download got new thumb drive.:gtpflag:

While testing various functions of the Garage Editor one of the major faults I found was that when electing level 40 in both a-spec and b-spec modes and increasing credits above the 20 million the following will happen in "career mode" (not arcade) when racing etc... Your level will be reduced back to level 34 or about and credits will also get re fixed back to the max of 20 million. I seem to remember someone coming up with a fix for the "level problem" years back, but I don't recall how it was done. Maybe someone can chime in with the answer or fix for this ?

How can you use the garage editor on the latest version of GT5, which is either 2.16 or 2.18? I'm not sure which of the two is it since I'm stuck on 2.11, as I don't wanna risk losing all of my hybridded cars and reinstalling the files again. I'd be happy though if I learn that the game allows to run this again on the latest one without any complications but I doubt that's true so I would best stay on 2.11 and enjoy the game.

If we user for example special event to be golded, does it also set the time and increase XP(for the given event), or just sets gold and that's it. Does it make this 100% legit, like you really played all events and finished within the time required for gold?

If we user for example special event to be golded, does it also set the time and increase XP(for the given event), or just sets gold and that's it. Does it make this 100% legit, like you really played all events and finished within the time required for gold?
You 100 percent the game with no hassles, but there will be no top time because you input a trophy code. It works the same as GT2’s FDFF for licenses.

And there is no XP/CR increases. It’s not online anymore because no daily bonus.

One thing I have wondered about is how to edit the save to have the endurance races already done. I have considered starting over on GT5 someday, but the thoughts of having to do those 24 hour endurance races again just puts me off from ever wanting to do it because I honestly don't care if I never do them again.

Is there a way to add the hidden paint colors as paint chips in garage editor? I wouldn't mind stocking up on some RedBlack and 5727cc chips. 👍

Also, which patch broke the XXXXXXX and X2010 JP Flag Color cars? I know after one of the updates they soft-lock your game when you try to use them in an event.

Jeep-In the garage editor there are actually two JP Flag Color cars, and yes one of them is the 7X. One has a PP rating of 971 and the other has a PP rating of 974. I have posted photos of both and have yet to find any difference between the two other than the PP rating. I use version 2.11 XL and haven't experienced any soft lock issues, so I can't be sure when the soft lock you speak of, which is news to me, was patched. However, I've never tried using them in any particular event so I can't be sure.

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color Pirelli Livery PP971.jpg
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color Pirelli Livery PP974.jpg

I could select them in the garage menu perfectly fine, but upon entering anything that requires driving, the game would stay on an infinite loading screen. I might be thinking of 2.14. I'll add the car to my garage later and see if it works. 👍

Is there a way to add the hidden paint colors as paint chips in garage editor? I wouldn't mind stocking up on some RedBlack and 5727cc chips. 👍
Their is, but I have no idea how it would be done with paints not included in the editor already. Unfortunately I fear it may be jailbreak related and we can't discuss it. If only Ramanujan was still active, he would probably know.
Also, which patch broke the XXXXXXX and X2010 JP Flag Color cars? I know after one of the updates they soft-lock your game when you try to use them in an event.
It was the dreaded 2.12 update that did this. Like I said, stay on 2.11 and don't update any further. The later ones are pretty redundant in my opinion and I still am pretty displeased with them to this day.

Their is, but I have no idea how it would be done with paints not included in the editor already. Unfortunately I fear it may be jailbreak related and we can't discuss it. If only Ramanujan was still active, he would probably know.
It was the dreaded 2.12 update that did this. Like I said, stay on 2.11 and don't update any further. The later ones are pretty redundant in my opinion and I still am pretty displeased with them to this day.
Still no latest GE that would be able to run on the latest GT5 updates (2.17/2.18)? Sad life.

That reminds me, I forgot to respond to your post!
How can you use the garage editor on the latest version of GT5, which is either 2.16 or 2.18?
The latest update is 2.17 and you can use it on the latest update, but the issue is somethings won't work right in game. Like you can still edit your cash, add paints and tickets as well as change the color of your car and a few other things. However, if you're looking to do things like engine or chassis swaps, or anything to take your car beyond what it can originally do, that's where it would reset. This only happens on update 2.12 and up though, it don't happen on 2.11.
I'm not sure which of the two is it since I'm stuck on 2.11, as I don't wanna risk losing all of my hybridded cars and reinstalling the files again.
so I would best stay on 2.11 and enjoy the game.
I recommend staying on 2.11 if you still want to use hybrids. You aren't really missing anything on the later updates because after 2.12 they don't really add anything new to the game, they mostly take away and that's where you will lose your hybrids too.
Still no latest GE that would be able to run on the latest GT5 updates (2.17/2.18)? Sad life.
GE hasn't had an update in years and sadly it may not happen anytime soon. Honestly I am not sure if it's straight up impossible to hybrid on 2.17 or if people just simply gave up by then and haven't even tried to find a workaround. Either way, best thing you can do is just stay on 2.11.

What exactly are you looking to do anyways?

Last edited:
Is there a way to add the hidden paint colors as paint chips in garage editor? I wouldn't mind stocking up on some RedBlack and 5727cc chips.
I've heard hackers discussing making hidden colors into actual paint chips, but I don't use paint chips anymore, I paint cars with the editor. Just type over the paint code (03FFFFFF) with one from my list, fast & easy. No need to load the chips, go to the paint shop, find the right chip, spend the credits, wait for the painters, etc.

017A7FFF = Redblack
01AA1D50 = 5727cc

Edit: Probably the wrong RedBlack, I haven't played in 2 months, need to refresh my memory.

Last edited:
One thing I thought of earlier is we could do something similar to what I did to get the color sample cars. Add a paint to the save with GE and then rewrite the paints ID to whatever paint you want that GE doesn't have and then it should add it to your inventory. The only thing is, we need to figure out what their ID's are and find a paint with the same amount of characters in GE in order to be able to rewrite it.

I haven't tried it, but it could work.

One thing I thought of earlier is we could do something similar to what I did to get the color sample cars. Add a paint to the save with GE and then rewrite the paints ID to whatever paint you want that GE doesn't have and then it should add it to your inventory. The only thing is, we need to figure out what their ID's are and find a paint with the same amount of characters in GE in order to be able to rewrite it.

I haven't tried it, but it could work.

Copy paste from one of my really old NGU post where I explained how to add that 5727cc paint back in the day:
4265e26edaad513108718b66d30f82fd.png

So first add Silver Chrome paint with the editor.

Then search for the 6E6F6E65 088E05 in hex.

Paint Code
Category Code

SOLID = 00
METALLIC = 01
PEARL = 02
COLOUR SHIFT = 03
MATTE = 04
CHROME = 05

So change it to 6E6F6E65 0D50 05 or which ever category you want it in.

But I can inject all the colors for you if you give me your save.

Copy paste from one of my really old NGU post where I explained how to add that 5727cc paint back in the day:
Neat! I was tempted to tag you. What file is it under in the GT5 save? GT5.2?
But I can inject all the colors for you if you give me your save.
That's tempting. Do you mean all hidden colors or all the paints in general?

Last edited:
Neat! I was tempted to tag you. What file is it under in the GT5 save? GT5.2?

GT5.0, GT5.1, GT5.2 are basically just one file which is splitted to multiple parts as it grows. Maximum size for one part is 0x200000. So the answer to your question is, "can be in any of them".

That's tempting. Do you mean all hidden colors or all the paints in general?

With a little tweaking, it should be possible to add just the hidden ones if you want but it's currently set to inject 3617 colors. No idea why there's that many since the game only has around 3400 colors :D It's been over 4 years since I made that ... hmm ... idk if I should re-do it.

With a little tweaking, it should be possible to add just the hidden ones if you want
Tell me how many it would be then. I already have a lot of paints and don't want to max it out knowing more may be uncovered later, so that's why i'd like to know. Speaking of which, what is the max you can have anyways? Seems like I faintly recall it being 2000, though I could be wrong.
but it's currently set to inject 3617 colors. No idea why there's that many since the game only has around 3400 colors :D
Wow that's a lot of paints!
It's been over 4 years since I made that ... hmm ... idk if I should re-do it.
Yea I am curious to see what it is now since you've uncovered a lot more.

Back