The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
That reminds me, I forgot to respond to your post!
The latest update is 2.17 and you can use it on the latest update, but the issue is somethings won't work right in game. Like you can still edit your cash, add paints and tickets as well as change the color of your car and a few other things. However, if you're looking to do things like engine or chassis swaps, or anything to take your car beyond what it can originally do, that's where it would reset. This only happens on update 2.12 and up though, it don't happen on 2.11.

I recommend staying on 2.11 if you still want to use hybrids. You aren't really missing anything on the later updates because after 2.12 they don't really add anything new to the game, they mostly take away and that's where you will lose your hybrids too.
GE hasn't had an update in years and sadly it may not happen anytime soon. Honestly I am not sure if it's straight up impossible to hybrid on 2.17 or if people just simply gave up by then and haven't even tried to find a workaround. Either way, best thing you can do is just stay on 2.11.

What exactly are you looking to do anyways?
Actually, I still have 2.11 for GT5 since it's the best version to have a mod for my collection. I would be happy if I learn that a GE for the latest 2.17 version already exists, which could be problem-free since I don't have to worry about turning on/off my connection whenever I play the game as the update pop-up is very irritating and I might accidentally end up updating my game above 2.11 which would, of course, reset all my cars to default like what happened once and I definitely don't want that to happen again at all. I've been doing this for 5 years already and still play the game for that very reason, even more so than GT6.

GTV... you do not have to have that pop up trying to upgrade you from 2.11. On your ps3 simply turn off in settings on the ps3 your internet connection... you will not get the upgrade question anymore... you can also in PS3 settings turn off the automatic upgrade as well. No way with both off that GT5 could ever get upgraded and you won’t get that annoying pop up either...

Last edited:
GTV... you do not have to have that pop up trying to upgrade you from 2.11. On your ps3 simply turn off in settings on the ps3 your internet connection... you will not get the upgrade question anymore...
What do you mean? I have tried doing this already. My settings for that one is already turned off but if it senses there's an available internet connection out there and it's connected, it still pops up. And even if I said no, it will still pop up again after some seconds, which eventually gets tiresome. So I would best end up to make sure I turn off my connection before I play the game just to avoid it again.

No it will not if you on your ps3 simply change your connection requirement in ps3 settings where one sets up the internet connect... also turn off the auto update in PS3 settings somewhere there I forget exactly which area of settings I think the game one...

No it will not if you on your ps3 simply change your connection requirement in ps3 settings where one sets up the internet connect... also turn off the auto update in setting somewhere there I forget exactly which area of settings
Oh I forgot. You're referring to the internet connection that I should turn off which is what I'm already doing. That's the best way. The auto-update is already turned off too but if I'm online and I play the game, it will still pop up. It's very annoying that one time when my nephew played it without my permission, he accidentally updated the game since it was connected on the internet and because of that, I lost some of my mods in my collection.

Can’t use GT5 online anyway so why have a connection... unless it’s because of other games you have... my PS3 is game dedicated to GT5 only so I have no need...

Can’t use GT5 online anyway so why have a connection... unless it’s because of other games you have... my PS3 is game dedicated to GT5 only so I have no need...
Of course I use the PS3 for other games too, lol. Not just GT5. It's my only console system at home. Obviously I need internet to use their online features and that's why I have to play with the connection settings if I'm going to play GT5.

Actually, I still have 2.11 for GT5 since it's the best version to have a mod for my collection.
It certainly is.
the update pop-up is very irritating and I might accidentally end up updating my game above 2.11
Indeed it is.
which would, of course, reset all my cars to default like what happened once
Actually, after updating it don't reset them until you view them in game.

I updated past 2.11 almost 5 years ago and after doing so, I only looked at a few of my hybrids after updating and I had many others I didn't even touch at the time. Earlier this year, I went back to 2.11 and I noticed that my hybrids I didn't even look at after updating were still the same while the only ones weren't were the ones I had viewed after updating.

Point is, as long as you don't view or use them after updating, they won't change.
I've been doing this for 5 years already and still play the game for that very reason, even more so than GT6.
Same. Knowing I have nearly every car in the game in GT5 with dirt and snow tires and can race them at any time, that's what keeps me coming back to it. Whereas GT6, I don't have as much and while I think it has more options for hybriding, it's pretty much for CFW users only and can't be done the easy way like GT5. Plus, in GT6 I think they patched hybrids early on and if you were to stay on an update that allowed them, well you'd be missing out on new content. :indiff: Unlike GT5 where they really didn't add much at all after 2.11, so you really aren't missing much at all.

Last edited:
It certainly is.
Indeed it is.
Actually, after updating it don't reset them until you view them in game.

I updated past 2.11 almost 5 years ago and after doing so, I only looked at a few of my hybrids after updating and I had many others I didn't even touch at the time. Earlier this year, I went back to 2.11 and I noticed that my hybrids I didn't even look at after updating were still the same while the only ones weren't were the ones I had viewed after updating.

Point is, as long as you don't view or use them after updating, they won't change.
Same. Knowing I have nearly every car in the game in GT5 with dirt and snow tires and can race them at any time, that's what keeps me coming back to it. Whereas GT6, I don't have as much and while I think it has more options for hybriding, it's pretty much for CFW users only and can't be done the easy way like GT5. Plus, in GT6 I think they patched hybrids early on and if you were to stay on an update that allowed them, well you'd be missing out on new content. :indiff: Unlike GT5 where they really didn't add much at all after 2.11, so you really aren't missing much.
I see. Not viewing them in the settings will not reset them at once but what if you need to alter something there? Like if you badly need to tamper with the car's tranny, suspension, parts, etc. it would be inevitable to view your car's settings so there's still possibility that it might reset.

And with regards to content, yes. There's really not much added anymore after 2.11 since that year (around 5 years ago), GT6 was already on its way towards its release. I got the GT5 Spec 2.0 2013 Edition before and I was very happy that time. Then I learned about modding/hybridding and it became my personal thing. The GE also allowed free access from the content included in that 2013 Edition which included cars, tracks, etc. but I guess I shouldn't blurt it out here.

Tell me how many it would be then. I already have a lot of paints and don't want to max it out knowing more may be uncovered later, so that's why i'd like to know. Speaking of which, what is the max you can have anyways? Seems like I faintly recall it being 2000, though I could be wrong.

There's 681 colors in the hidden (99) category. As far as I recall, I can't name them for you in-game. The chips are added purely based on the ID and the game internally checks the name based on that ID. So if the chip doesn't have a name, I can't name it. 681 is the number of hidden chips in the latest version of the game.

2000 is the garage limit I guess :confused: It seems 7000 is the limit of items but it's counted against multiple things like Racing suits, Horns, Paints, etc. Tuning items have their own 7000 items limit.

91d11e7aca1106bea86c089f76347d11.png

It's been so long time that I can't really remember all the things that were possible :/

2000 is the garage limit I guess :confused:
It is. Come to think of it, seems like the paint limit was higher than the garage limit.
It seems 7000 is the limit of items but it's counted against multiple things like Racing suits, Horns, Paints, etc. Tuning items have their own 7000 items limit.
Could be, I wish we knew for sure.

Forgive my indecisiveness, but i'll check my GT5 sometime later today and see how many items I have. If what you said is true and my items are as low as I think it is, I may just ask for all of them.

Come to think of it, seems like the paint limit was higher than the garage limit.
Could be, I wish we knew for sure.

Was just testing things out and added all the paints twice (3408 * 2), all the helmets, all the suits and all the horns. There was nearly 9k items and the game booted up just fine :) So it at least works with more than 7k items. It's quite the pain to scroll through all the paints when there's that many though.

Also due to copy paste in my code and I forgot to change the "sets" category code, they went into suits category which made me remember that we can actually split up the sets into helmets and suits and make combos we shoudn't be able to (there is a black screen reset when you switch to them but after that they are set and seems to work) :D

gtofficial_helmet_sebastienloeb_suit.jpg

2000 is the garage limit I guess :confused: It seems 7000 is the limit of items but it's counted against multiple things like Racing suits, Horns, Paints, etc. Tuning items have their own 7000 items limit.

It's been so long time that I can't really remember all the things that were possible :/

2000 is the in game garage limit. You could add more cars to it offline, I once tested it (extending the save files to .3 or even .4) - though I can't recall the game version. But when I did, I instantly knew why the limit was there at all. It took like AGES for your profile to boot.
I could imagine it is the same for items. Exaggerate it and wait for the game to boot.

Seeing other people chiming into this thread hoping for further GE updates make me sad. It won't happen..

Seeing other people chiming into this thread hoping for further GE updates make me sad. It won't happen..
For a game that's already more than half a decade old and especially without any active servers now to support it, I think everyone knows that it's already obvious. You needn't mention that it won't happen.

For a game that's already more than half a decade old and especially without any active servers now to support it

The game's age doesn't matter or influence the fact that I won't participate or help in an updated GE anymore. If I like to reverse engineer games, I'll do so. If there will be a public editor for all the stuff I discover while doing so, is another story.
From what I've read in this very thread, I'd say no - get lost. Instead, go and write your own tool (to all the wiseguys in here). There's a lot of stuff to be discovered and it can be fun. Some other stuff won't be fun to reverse, but it was interesting to see how PD roll internals.

I think everyone knows that it's already obvious. You needn't mention that it won't happen.

No. It wasn't obvious. There was a slight chance left of another updated version - but some factors completely out of reach didn't fall into place.
And now, while 2018 is about to end, I really give up on all that. May someone else step ahead and continue that path. But I'm yet to see someone else with that deep insight of how the game rolls, that is willing to write you guys anohter public editor.
I know guys that could do so. But I doubt they will :D

Cheers! :cheers:

The game's age doesn't matter or influence the fact that I won't participate or help in an updated GE anymore. If I like to reverse engineer games, I'll do so. If there will be a public editor for all the stuff I discover while doing so, is another story.
From what I've read in this very thread, I'd say no - get lost. Instead, go and write your own tool (to all the wiseguys in here). There's a lot of stuff to be discovered and it can be fun. Some other stuff won't be fun to reverse, but it was interesting to see how PD roll internals.

No. It wasn't obvious. There was a slight chance left of another updated version - but some factors completely out of reach didn't fall into place.
And now, while 2018 is about to end, I really give up on all that. May someone else step ahead and continue that path. But I'm yet to see someone else with that deep insight of how the game rolls, that is willing to write you guys anohter public editor.
I know guys that could do so. But I doubt they will :D

Cheers! :cheers:
How many of us wish it would happen.

The only thing I'm looking for in another GE update is they make it able to bypass the security feature that eliminated hybrid mods after the 2.11 update of the game. In versions 2.12-2.14, they were able to make GE 1.5 that time which enabled them to bypass the security feature PD made for GT5 at the expense of some awesome features from the old GE.

But after 2.14, it seems that wall is already impenetrable right now. Those hybrids made won't be existent there anymore for good. So I wonder if they can still bypass that with another new GE. I'd be happy if did.

I think it would be cool if others would post their Garage Editor New Custom Hybrids with GE build and spec instructions... Kinda like this one I just did of my new hybrid creation below. Not overdone like crazy, but just a really cool fun ride.

Get In GE "Standard" Car - Body Code 02D5 Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
Do Car Wash, Oil Change, And Buy Ray's Rim Upgrades # 10
Buy Every Upgrade Mod And All Possible Special Parts In A Setting First Then Save To B And C Settings
Car Will Take These Special Parts In From GE...
Weight Reduction 5, Cat Racing, 4 Piston Brakes, Race Flywheel , Triple Clutch, And Super Soft Race Tires
When Above Is Complete Reset Transmission In Settings To A-174, B-193, C-211
In GE...
Paint Body Midnight Purple(P) And Rims Silver Chrome Code # 0062688E (All Settings)
In All Settings Change Hood To Code # 00360002
In All Settings Change Ride Height To A Slammed 30/35 EDITED
In All Settings Change Grip Multi To 105
In All Settings Change Weight Multi To 85
Change Down Force In Settings As A-60/85, B-85/110, C-110/135
Change BHP Multi In Setting As A-8, B-10, C-12
Then Set Three Stages In Setting-A With The Low Turbo, B With The Mid Turbo, And C With The High Turbo
Rename - SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62 (MP(P( Slammed) - Super Hybrid

Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62 (MP(P) Slammed) Standard Super Hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
How many of us wish it would happen.

The only thing I'm looking for in another GE update is they make it able to bypass the security feature that eliminated hybrid mods after the 2.11 update of the game. In versions 2.12-2.14, they were able to make GE 1.5 that time which enabled them to bypass the security feature PD made for GT5 at the expense of some awesome features from the old GE.

But after 2.14, it seems that wall is already impenetrable right now. Those hybrids made won't be existent there anymore for good. So I wonder if they can still bypass that with another new GE. I'd be happy if did.

1.3.1 is the latest public version released. There is NO 1.5 version of GE. Wherever you found it, it IS fake. Or you mean another editor that was published on NGU. But that tool didn't run by the name of Garage Editor.
So there's no GE bypassing any 2.12 and later game update restrictions. That's why I encourage people to stay on 2.11, as there's no benefit on later updates. Except for loosing editing capabilites and/or content.

Once again, why would you want to update to any patch later than 2.11? There's no real reason to do so...

1.3.1 is the latest public version released. There is NO 1.5 version of GE. Wherever you found it, it IS fake. Or you mean another editor that was published on NGU. But that tool didn't run by the name of Garage Editor.
So there's no GE bypassing any 2.12 and later game update restrictions. That's why I encourage people to stay on 2.11, as there's no benefit on later updates. Except for loosing editing capabilites and/or content.

Once again, why would you want to update to any patch later than 2.11? There's no real reason to do so...
So this one's not an official garage editor after all? Oh my..

And with regards to patching above 2.11, lol I'm very sorry since I was just new to the game that time (5 years ago). During that year, I haven't got enough knowledge about this thing yet. I downgraded to 2.11 though when my system's hard drive needed formatting. After that, I haven't updated the game ever since.

And for the record, I don't recall anything here saying I recommend to others updating above 2.11 or something like that, if that's what you're assuming lol. I wonder where you even got that from.

People these days..

So this one's not an official garage editor after all? Oh my..

I was talking about the name. "Garage Editor" (the name was meant as an hommage to MK's GT3gEdit) in relation to especially GT5.. There was only ONE tool that called itself "GT5 Garage Editor", later on abbreviated to "GE". "official" there means, I was involved in its creation, so I guess I should know about what's "official" and not - in terms of THAT editor we're talking about here, in this thread (called "The GT5 Garage Editor Thread").

Without checking out that YT clip.. I recognize in the preview picture that this tool is calling itself "GT5 Hybrid Builder". So, it is LucaTurilli's tool called "GT5 Editor & hybrid creator" (*waving hands to Luca* - knowing he is/was active here on GTP, too). Does that sound like "Garage Editor"? Not for me.. I'm sorry if you fell for clickbait on the Youtube title:

And with regards to patching above 2.11, lol I'm very sorry since I was just new to the game that time (5 years ago). During that year, I haven't got enough knowledge about this thing yet. I downgraded to 2.11 though when my system's hard drive needed formatting. After that, I haven't updated the game ever since.
And for the record, I don't recall anything here saying I recommend to others updating above 2.11 or something like that, if that's what you're assuming lol. I wonder where you even got that from.

Re-thinking the situation, you're right. I never recommended updating past 2.11 here on GTP, as I previously never had the chance to talk open about GE here on GTP. But I did so back then on NGU.

People these days..

People these days.. still don't realize or can't understand how deep I was into PD's code and data and whatnot. Remember the UCD? I could still explain how it rolls in detail and when to expect what car with what mileage/color/price. I even coded a tool to spit out lists for A/B (even/odd) in game days. Guess what? No one was interested in these lists..
That's not bragging. I never was into that..

But right now, that's it for me. I'm done with this thread and won't read it again. This time for sure.
It could have all been different - even GE2 was possible (with tons of improvement), but some people are not interested in that I guess.

So long, q-k

I was talking about the name. "Garage Editor" (the name was meant as an hommage to MK's GT3gEdit) in relation to especially GT5.. There was only ONE tool that called itself "GT5 Garage Editor", later on abbreviated to "GE". "official" there means, I was involved in its creation, so I guess I should know about what's "official" and not - in terms of THAT editor we're talking about here, in this thread (called "The GT5 Garage Editor Thread").

Without checking out that YT clip.. I recognize in the preview picture that this tool is calling itself "GT5 Hybrid Builder". So, it is LucaTurilli's tool called "GT5 Editor & hybrid creator" (*waving hands to Luca* - knowing he is/was active here on GTP, too). Does that sound like "Garage Editor"? Not for me.. I'm sorry if you fell for clickbait on the Youtube title:

Re-thinking the situation, you're right. I never recommended updating past 2.11 here on GTP, as I previously never had the chance to talk open about GE here on GTP. But I did so back then on NGU.

People these days.. still don't realize or can't understand how deep I was into PD's code and data and whatnot. Remember the UCD? I could still explain how it rolls in detail and when to expect what car with what mileage/color/price. I even coded a tool to spit out lists for A/B (even/odd) in game days. Guess what? No one was interested in these lists..
That's not bragging. I never was into that..

But right now, that's it for me. I'm done with this thread and won't read it again. This time for sure.
It could have all been different - even GE2 was possible (with tons of improvement), but some people are not interested in that I guess.

So long, q-k

Lol I could laugh hardly on this one.. Don't be ridiculous. Do you even know how to read? If so, could you do it again?

When I said that, I was referring to myself which I mentioned I didn't recommend updating past 2.11. I wonder where you even got that from that said I was referring to you when I actually didn't and who gives a damn if you do, anyway.

You're right about that editor though. It may not be the official garage editor or whatever and fyi, I haven't fell for it but those programs, whatever they are called, are made to do the same purpose; to make hybrids in-game for those who wish to. I just mentioned that 1.5 because when my game was still in patch 2.14, I was able to use it and it still allowed me to retain my modded cars in that update. That was my point there. Am very sorry if I'm not aware if that program wasn't an official garage editor but a diff. program with the same purpose. It seemed a big thing to you that you still had to point it out again and again lol it's getting tiresome to me.

Also the reason why I wanted the game to be at latest update was because I didn't want to be bothered by the stupid dialogue box telling me to update it whenever I'm connected to the internet since I may accidentally press yes to do it which may remove my hybrids suddenly when I play the game so that's why I'm hoping for another GE that may bypass the security feature but I guess there's no point in hoping for that anymore.

If you're done in this thread, well, I hope you're sticking to it. Nobody also gives a care about it. You have some points in your posts but don't think everyone will agree on every word you're saying.

I like the fact that this garage editor can allow you to modify the paint job of certain cars which you cannot do in gt auto. However, if you observe the car while racing it (as others see you from a distance) or watching it in replay, it would appear in default color when it's far away from your view, which is disappointing.

Hmmmm ... just so ya know... that does not happen in my replays at all or in any other format with XL 2.11... so... maybe you would like to enlighten us further with a video posted of what you are seeing...

Hmmmm ... just so ya know... that does not happen in my replays at all or in any other format with XL 2.11... so... maybe you would like to enlighten us further with a video posted of what you are seeing...
It only happens on a certain distance, which is far away and not near from where the camera is focusing.

For example, if you're following the car on a long straight, it would appear in default color (which cannot be changed under normal circumstances) if you can see it about above 3000 meters more or less but when it's below that, you would see it having the paint it was given using the garage editor.

So I'm VERY confused on how you determined all this, when in fact you just posted recently on this thread above that you were using some form of GE fake type knockoff called 1.5 and not the "real official" 1.3.1, along with just coming recently to your conclusion that this 1.5 you have is not the Garage Editor we refer to in this thread. . Add to this that... and I quote you here...
It may not be the official garage editor or whatever and fyi,
and that you were previously running 2.14, which as most know is not the best combination to use with the OFFICIAL GARAGE EDITOR 1.3.1. So, I'll just assume what you are referring to is that version which you thought was Garage Editor it seems. You also mention "it may not" be the official garage editor. Let me correct that by saying... it is not "may" but in fact it is NOT period. Again, I'm sure we'd all love to see a actual video of this so called color displacement you speak of, cause as I've always said around these parts... show me a photo or video (not shopped) or it didn't happen.

So I'm VERY confused on how you determined all this, when in fact you just posted recently on this thread above that you were using some form of GE fake type knockoff called 1.5 and not the "real official" 1.3.1, along with just coming recently to your conclusion that this 1.5 you have is not the Garage Editor we refer to in this thread. . Add to this that... and I quote you here... and that you were previously running 2.14, which as most know is not the best combination to use with the OFFICIAL GARAGE EDITOR 1.3.1. So, I'll just assume what you are referring to is that version which you thought was Garage Editor it seems. You also mention "it may not" be the official garage editor. Let me correct that by saying... it is not "may" but in fact it is NOT period. Again, I'm sure we'd all love to see a actual video of this so called color displacement you speak of, cause as I've always said around these parts... show me a photo or video (not shopped) or it didn't happen.
Okay... Let me get this thing straight once and for all.

I didn't know that much first about the 1.5 hybrid creator not being actually an official garage editor at all.. It's actually a different program that also allows you to do the same thing. I'll admit it's my fault for not paying attention to its crucial details. But I'll say this once. I've only used that 1.5 when my game was still in 2.14, as it allowed me to retain my hybridded cars from 2.11. When I got my game back on 2.11, I didn't use that program anymore to make hybrids, well, aside from some horn mods as the latter allowed it. Since I already knew that the garage editor 1.3.1 is already the best for 2.11, I used it most of the time to make hybrids.

My mistake here is that I missed pointing it out in my previous replies, as well as that I actually used the program (hybrid creator 1.5) to make hybrids in 2.14. I also thought it was a newer garage editor since the title of the program has 1.5 on it and only when my game was above 2.12 (before I got it back on 2.11), I learned about hybridding cars and didn't also knew that in that update & above, hybridding cars there became useless. Like I said, I was just new and haven't got that much knowledge then about this stuff yet.

Now one time in 2.11, I used the GE 1.3.1 by slim355 & qk to make some paint mods for some cars that were not allowed to have their original paints changed in GT Auto. I had the HKS CT230r as a sample in which you couldn't change the paint under normal circumstances. So I used GE 1.3.1. to change its original paint to Matte Green and I was able to do it. However, upon watching the replay I raced it with AIs, I observed that it still appears with the original paint on in a certain distance (the cam's focus shows it for me) but the paint you chose there to have it to will still appear when the car is close to your point of view, whether while racing or watching the replay of the race.

I don't have any sort of program that would allow me to shoot the gameplay from the console right now but I'll try to shoot and make a short video of it using my phone.

I also don't know if you guys were aware of the hybrid creator that time and was actually able to use the program when the game was on update 2.12 above but believe me. It did allow me to retain my hybridded cars when I used it for 2.14, although it's not a garage editor itself.

Last edited:
Great... looking forward to that video... I film all my GT5 YouTube vids with my older iPhone, so it should not be a problem. In the mean time, I think I’ll take my HKS out if the garage and paint it white, then take it to the X test track and see if I can drive it back to red.

I wish I have that program in which others could film their own gameplay of their games from their own consoles, since it would have great quality if you watch it on YT. Too bad though I don't have it.

GTVO819... No Worries ... I always admit to being wrong... You are absolutely "correct" in that the HKS will revert back to it's original color of red and bleed through somewhat. I painted the unpaintable HKS with Mitsu pure white in GE and tested it at the X. To save you the troubles, I have completed a short video which I'll leave up for today or so and will post it here very shortly by editing this post.
:bowdown:

As promised here is the race reply video proof. Watch carefully during the camera transition when the car is far away as GTV0819 mentioned and the bleed is very clear when going under the tunnel...

Here are some photo stills which I will leave up after deleting my video after today...

HKS-X1 TEMP.JPG
HKS-X2 TEMP.JPG

I really like hearing of new glitches that I’ve never heard of before... so... thank you GTV0819 for bringing this to the forum... I do wonder if it is just the HKS race car or any other unpaintable GE hybrid including road cars.. ?

Last edited:
Back