The GT6 Colour Matching Thread

• Thread starter Bo
  • 1,233 comments
hsv
The green from the Countach is perfect, it's the one I've used for months.

I disagree, it's a different hue of green and in GT6 it's notably less bright compared to Sassy Green. To match that green of the 458, I think Sassy Grass Green fits much better. Always depends what screens you look at it and what you're playing on of course, but it seems pretty clear to me, especially when switching directly between them on the colour selection.

I do wonder though, why would you want to copy Vadim Cogay? :lol:

I disagree, it's a different hue of green and in GT6 it's notably less bright compared to Sassy Green. To match that green of the 458, I think Sassy Grass Green fits much better. Always depends what screens you look at it and what you're playing on of course, but it seems pretty clear to me, especially when switching directly between them on the colour selection.

I do wonder though, why would you want to copy Vadim Cogay? :lol:
In our [RACE] Fun Runs (in signature below if curious), we're planning on doing a Vadim Kogay Challenge, where we need to have the most offs yet still beat a specified lap time. :lol:

In our [RACE] Fun Runs (in signature below if curious), we're planning on doing a Vadim Kogay Challenge, where we need to have the most offs yet still beat a specified lap time. :lol:
Oi, I'm the one holding the race and setting the rules. :P

sstp_0311_01_z%252B1999_nissan_skyline_gtr_r34%252Bcar.jpg

What Color is the closest to the rear and what color is the closest to the front? Thanks in advance

While I will admit that I'm not 100% sure if this is where I should be asking this question, it is TECHNICALLY asking for a matching color, so this is the best place I could think of to ask.
Anyway, I was wondering what the closest color match to the coat/body color of Princess Cadance, whom is currently my forum avatar, would be?
Thanks in advance.

Hey I asked for colors to match all of the Dragon Priest masks from Skyrim...and was answered within the week...I'm sure they'll be able to do it without much fuss.

While I will admit that I'm not 100% sure if this is where I should be asking this question, it is TECHNICALLY asking for a matching color, so this is the best place I could think of to ask.
Anyway, I was wondering what the closest color match to the coat/body color of Princess Cadance, whom is currently my forum avatar, would be?
Thanks in advance.
The obvious answer is Lexus LFA. That has a passionate pink colour option but it is pricey If you're just getting the car for the colour.

The obvious answer is Lexus LFA. That has a passionate pink colour option but it is pricey If you're just getting the car for the colour.
After comparing the pink in Cadance's coat color and the Passionate Pink of the Lexus LFA, the Passionate Pink seems to be a little too saturated in the car showroom, but I'll give it a try.
I tried Pale Rose Metallic Opal from the 1999 Toyota Vitz F, but as I suspected, that color is much too pale and not pink enough...
Please, PD at least give us a paint editor so that we can paint our cars any color we want, since it seems quite obvious that you either can't (or won't) give us a full-blown livery editor.

Edit: Included an image of said princess for a more accurate color comparison and hopefully a better color match.
princess_cadance_by_dragonzxva-d5we1e5.png

I'm sure there was a more pastel pink colour, one of the GT original ones. Can't remember the name and don't know if you can get it through Seasonals right now.

Errr... if you can accept one with a pearl-ish hue to it, Iris Red Pearl from the '03 Jazz.

I'm afraid the only real contenders for the mule are non-manufacturer colours.

Matte Pink = wait for seasonal rotation?
GT Japanese 003w = wait for seasonal rotation?
GT Pasteltone 008w/009w/010w = wait for seasonal rotation?

GT6 Polarized 001/002 = 15th Anniv.

I'll have a further look when get home. Not hopeful. 2400+ chips.

GT Japanese 003-w is available right now in this weeks intermediate seasonal.

The "mule" comment wasn't necessary. I simply made a color match request, which is what this thread is here for.

Come on mate, I was being playful. I took some time out to answer your query, was going to help on the manufacturer colours aswell.
My apologies for the misunderstanding then. :)
Although it can be difficult to tell if someone is joking over the internet.

👍
My apologies for the misunderstanding then. :)
Although it can be difficult to tell if someone is joking over the internet.

No worries, my bad really, English humour. I was just poking fun as you obviously have a soft spot for the wee filly.

So...as you know already Lexus LFA is closest manufacturer, but it's not for you. Also Plymouths Moulin Rouge has too much strawberry sauce in it but that is about it as far as purchaseable chips.

So my suggestion holds, and as the first closest GT colour (as kindly pointed out by @ONevermind) is available in the new seasonals, that's the place to start.👍

Check here to find the one you prefer: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-19-03-15-gt5-dlc-chips-now-complete.311983/

Last edited:
👍

No worries, my bad really, English humour. I was just poking fun as you obviously have a soft spot for the wee filly.

So...as you know already Lexus LFA is closest manufacturer, but it's not for you. Also Plymouths Moulin Rouge has too much strawberry sauce in it but that is about it as far as purchaseable chips.

So my suggestion holds, and as the first closest GT colour (as kindly pointed out by @ONevermind) is available in the new seasonals, that's the place to start.👍

Check here to find the one you prefer: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/exclusive-gt6-paint-chip-database-updated-19-03-15-gt5-dlc-chips-now-complete.311983/

Not a problem, and I will admit, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Princess Cadance.

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I now know exactly where to come when looking to match colors. :)

Not colour matching, per se, but more needing to know what car a colour called Blue Fire comes from.

Thanks in advance.

👍

Check here to find the one you prefer: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/exclusive-gt6-paint-chip-database-updated-19-03-15-gt5-dlc-chips-now-complete.311983/

After looking through the colors which I have, I realized that I do have the Matte Pink paint chip, and while it is slightly darker than Cadance's coat color, it seems to be the closest I can find.
Once again, thank you, everyone.

PS. I might be back at some point to ask for color matches for Princess Luna, Princess Celestia and each of the Mane 6.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the image-heavy post.

Also, before I get to my main request, I would like to know if there is a color matching the Jetblau Metallic of the Audi R8, since you don't get a paint chip when buying the car.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I'm back, and this time I am here to ask for color matches for the coats/bodies of Princess Luna, Princess Celestia and each of the Mane 6.

As with last time, I thank each and every one of you for any and all help which you can offer.

Princess Luna:
Princess_Luna_ID_S4E02.png

Princess Celestia:
Princess_Celestia_ID_S4E01.png

Rainbow Dash:
Rainbow_Dash_ID_S3E7.png

Applejack:
Applejack_S01E13_cropped.png

Fluttershy:
Fluttershy_ID_S1E17.png

Twilight Sparkle:
Twilight_Sparkle_ID_S4E15.png

Pinkie Pie:
Pinkie_Pie_ID_S4E11.png

Rarity:
Rarity_standing_S1E19_CROPPED.png

Any help?

Although very young, this livery is iconic (mostly because it was plastered on everything from Drift Mustangs to Porsche GT Cup) and thus has already been discussed.

So I did a bit of leg work for you, i.e. looked through some of the earlier pages.

A general consensus of what's close is, and I've given cheap and expensive options:

Green= Triumph Spitfires Java
Lexus LFAs Sky Blue

Blue= R33 LM Editions Cahmpion Blue
Suzuki Wagon R RRs Monaco Blue

Aiiiight!

Back