The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
I love the online racing and the fabulous classic road and race cars - a couple of shots from races I enjoyed today!

FFW Poster stage 1.jpg

hsv
The Art Morrison 'Vette.
Simply because the Art Morrison 'Vette is an modified version of Corvette C1 1960. Actually, this Art Morrison 'Vette was made in 2006 to compete the SEMA. And it was the winner of 2006 SEMA. But actually, this Corvette is in the race because a original Corvette C1 1960 isn't in GT6 and the Art Morrison Corvette is used to replicate the 1960's Corvette C1's in Le Mans.

Simply because the Art Morrison 'Vette is an modified version of Corvette C1 1960. Actually, this Art Morrison 'Vette was made in 2006 to compete the SEMA. And it was the winner of 2006 SEMA. But actually, this Corvette is in the race because a original Corvette C1 1960 isn't in GT6 and the Art Morrison Corvette is used to replicate the 1960's Corvette C1's in Le Mans.

Yes - the Corvette is supposed to be a replica of the (number 3) 1960 Le Mans class winner (8th overall), but unfortunately the driver forgot to paint his car white! Sadly PD won't let us fit a race number to this car and have also removed the option that was in GT5 to fit it with a high profile tyre and steel style wheel.

cabca2048ef18f0ebfc6c5894843457d2fca3442.jpg

Learning this track will be a labor of love!

On the first tme rally, after many errors, the scoreboard told me I got zero bonus for coming in ahead of time. Luck!

The Ford GT40 is epic! Changes direction very easily, but it's sensitive for bumps, crests and curbs.
Here's a run around the Nürburgring in one of the latest seasonal events. Sports soft tyres, 550 pp and no driving aids.

(The video was recorded on an iPad and the sound level turned out to be really low, so I had to raise the volume and then put it through an equalizer to get rid of the static noise.)

Well, 1.14 is pure joy. Community features are amazing and new engine/sound mix sounds promising.

Well done , except now I have to take all 500+ cars back on a track to check that "new" sound. Dang you PD)))

On a side , new Subaru VGT + Suzuka '14 = love.

Thank you for great updates and good feeling , that this game is not "released&forgotten" , but keeps evolving as time pass on.

Love the Bentley Speed 8 and Sauber C9 Mercedes as premiums especially the Sauber.
The time transition on the Le Mans 24 Minutes race was pretty good. A good practice before doing the real thing.
BMW Z4 GT3 is now in game. YESSSSS! :bowdown:
Base models were a good addition because this solved the online leagues' problem in terms of car option.
Semi premiums are good too like the R390 GT1, :drool::drool:

The 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1 has three headlamps. The center one comes on first as the light fades, and when it's dark enough, the outer lamps come on and the center switches off.

For some reason, this appeals to me! Try it on the Nightmasters career race at Bathurst.

Here is this extraordinary car in daylight. Choosing the "right" paint job is interesting.

image.jpg

..............Love the Rocket. Was difficult tuning it just right for my liking, but it is really enjoyable to throw around. Incidentally, this car doesn't need tyre change/refueling in GT6's truncated enduro races. Was pleasnatly surprised to find that. And I'm in love with Matterhorn and Brands Hatch. Oh Ferrari Daytona! My fav Ferrari is finally in GT game. And Shelby GT500. And Abarth 500. And Lambo Diablo - altho' it's not the pop-up headlight model...

The 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1 has three headlamps. The center one comes on first as the light fades, and when it's dark enough, the outer lamps come on and the center switches off.

For some reason, this appeals to me! Try it on the Nightmasters career race at Bathurst.

Here is this extraordinary car in daylight. Choosing the "right" paint job is interesting.

View attachment 271394

And that thing handles like a dream too, one of my favorite cars!

I drove the Veyron in one of the Super License Mission Races. I used to be in the crowd that disliked this car for it's unruly handling characteristics. But now I rather enjoy driving it.

Next week I will be reunited with the ps3 family. Naturally that means I'll be back on GT6.
I am happy to say so. I want to test out the new additions.

I did the recent overtake with the SLS GT3 on the Nurb. It was one of my favorites moment in GT6, the combo was absolutely perfect. Now I can't stop using the SLS :D

That is so true man. I loved that one aswell and the SLS is a great base car to get used tot he GT3. :D

..................Up until today I couldn't "get" the drifting aspect of GT6. No matter what car I tried, on any track, I'd spin out completely outta control. But today, I sat down to try out, for the first time, the drifting seasonals.
.......After spinning out endlessly, something just clicked - I golded both drift seasonals. I don't think I'd ever fist-pumped the air more times than today in recent memory. Man that felt good, even though I'm told I rank 10,000- something, I really don't care.

Last edited:
I was driving on The Ring 24 Hours (as per usual) & noticed for the first time that the castle was lit up. I thought that was a nice little touch!

:D

Last edited:
Geez, all the nice pictures of those classic beauties have me really wishing I had abused the old V1.01 credit glitch a few more times... :mischievous:

Haven't raced online in months, but did so last night. I was well rusty & ended up spinning out more than usual, but it was a lot of fun to race with clean gentlemen drivers again. It's so easy to forget how this game can put such a huge smile on your face.

:D

I wish to make a comment and complement on GT6's graphics…I've been racing more on DriveClub recently…And yes, the graphics are incredible; in particular the oft mentioned rain effects. No question graphically it's top notch…Though I do find the overall brightness, even at midday settings, a bit dull. Anyway, tonight decided to go back to GT6 for a bit of daily bonus boosting back to 200%, in case 1.16 drops soon, and was relieved (nay down right joyful) as to how good GT6 still looks…On its own and in comparison. I'm a PS4 owner since launch day and have become very used to PS4 graphics, so was slightly worried that returning to PS3 would be a major shock…Not at all. Did the London and Autumn Ring seasonals from a couple of weeks ago and the environmental lighting is vibrant and sharp and demonstrates again what a graphical tour-de-force GT6 is, on an old system. We all know 6's weaknesses but graphically is not far short of miraculous. We're really in for a treat if GT7 gets anywhere near close to exploiting the graphics potential of PS4. This time they'll have DriveClub and Project Cars as benchmarks, so there'll be no excuse for falling short. Here's hoping. I have certainly had my motivation renewed to keep driving and tuning on GT6 until GT7 finally appears.

.........I dunno when it happened, but last night I dusted off Lambo Reventon from the Stockyard. This was a car that I gave up on, what with its horrendous power-on oversteer that wouldn't go away. Got a shock of me life, when it just cornered as if it's on rails. I didn't touch its set-up at all, yet it felt so different, so....good. So I drove other bad handling Lambos, and they were...cured. THANK YOU PDI for finally fixing 'em!!!!

.........I dunno when it happened, but last night I dusted off Lambo Reventon from the Stockyard. This was a car that I gave up on, what with its horrendous power-on oversteer that wouldn't go away. Got a shock of me life, when it just cornered as if it's on rails. I didn't touch its set-up at all, yet it felt so different, so....good. So I drove other bad handling Lambos, and they were...cured. THANK YOU PDI for finally fixing 'em!!!!
Undocumented Changes thread?

Back