The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
Been doing Laps of the ring lately at sunrise in premium cars W/ cockpit view, absoleutly stunning in 3D 5:45 - 7:00 the way the way the lighting effects work. Favourite is the 302 boss in gotta have it green.

Brilliant PD
And in a month or two, it will be getting light later. I remember when the game came out that dawn on the 'Ring was just before 07:00 - I love that real-world connection feature.

The Nurburgring though is one of the most spectacular locations for sunrise driving. Do try Apricot Hill too though, it can be surprising.

And in a month or two, it will be getting light later. I remember when the game came out that dawn on the 'Ring was just before 07:00 - I love that real-world connection feature.

The Nurburgring though is one of the most spectacular locations for sunrise driving. Do try Apricot Hill too though, it can be surprising.

Will do. Its the back 3rd of the Nurb where it comes into it own. Light starts filtering in through the back window catching all your dials, dash, the lip of your bonnet. Its just brilliant. Might I add, I drive with the race info off also, so there is nothing on screen just like it would be if you were to cruise round the Nurb on an open track day. One day ill get there for real.

Since GT5, I've been driving cars exclusively in cockpit view. Yesterday, I tried roof cam and bumper cam and I find the driving experience much more enjoyable.

My vision isn't impaired by the dashboard and I can easily retrace the racing line from my previous lap thus leading to better lap times.

Since GT5, I've been driving cars exclusively in cockpit view. Yesterday, I tried roof cam and bumper cam and I find the driving experience much more enjoyable.

My vision isn't impaired by the dashboard and I can easily retrace the racing line from my previous lap thus leading to better lap times.

In GT5 Prologue I was using Drivers Eye View (aka cockpit view) 100% of the time. However, I got into Shuffle in a big way in GT5 & started using Normal View (aka bumper cam) because I didn't like switching between views for Premium & Standards. In GT6 I race stock cars online & usually use Normal View for consistency. However, I prefer Drivers Eye View & wish all cars were Premium.

Nevertheless, online racing is a huge amount of fun no matter what view I use! :D

👍

...Its the back 3rd of the Nurb where it comes into it own. Light starts filtering in through the back window catching all your dials, dash, the lip of your bonnet. Its just brilliant...
It is indeed - that's why I like Le Mans too, both early and late in the day. The low angled light makes for some impressive daynamics and heart warming effects across the interior as you drive. Of course, Autumn Ring is right up there with those two for me now.

Apricot Hill of course is a lot more exposed, but it does have a fine light quality, as does Motegi. I'm really looking forward to when Suzuka and oddly enough, Tsukuba gets the full treatment of day/night to go anlong with the weather.

Just wondering, is this confirmed? I was under the impression the sunrise/sunset times never changed and were roughly based on when the 24 hour races were held and arbitrarily set on the other day/night tracks.

Way back when I first got GT6 I thought the moon phases changed based on real life but I have no proof or evidence. Instead it seems to have remained constant since I got the game.

Last edited:
VBR
In GT5 Prologue I was using Drivers Eye View (aka cockpit view) 100% of the time. However, I got into Shuffle in a big way in GT5 & started using Normal View (aka bumper cam) because I didn't like switching between views for Premium & Standards. In GT6 I race stock cars online & usually use Normal View for consistency. However, I prefer Drivers Eye View & wish all cars were Premium.

Nevertheless, online racing is a huge amount of fun no matter what view I use! :D

👍

I to use Bumper cam when racing and hot lapping ect which would be 99% of the time, when i get bored. I go buy a premium car i wish i could afford and just run a lap or 2 round the ring without the HUD in cockpit view. I wish you could use bumper veiw with no HUD other then the Revs & Tacho thats all i find i look at. The rest of the screen i would like to be clear. It would be nice if your split time showed up when you go past the timing sectors when you have no HUD selected too.

Better stop where that was going starting to sound like the opposite thread. No really starting to enjoy GT6 again after a wee hiatus. Just need to find some clean online opposition and where set for some good times.

15-Minute Races: Race 3 at Nürburgring Nordschleife

Car: Ferrari 458
Tuning: Stock, sports soft tyres
Aids: None
View settings: Driver's Eye, Race Data off.
Opponents: Touring cars and GT cars, racing hard tyres

The first objective is to run 2 laps in less than 15 minutes so you get to start on the 3rd before time runs out. Simple enough in a time trial, but with traffic in front of you it's quite tricky and it requires split-second decision making. In my first race I missed the deadline by 11 seconds, so on my second attempt I went for a more agressive approach. Nothing foul though, mostly scratches...

After one and a half laps I had managed to pass most of the traffic, so I could go full speed for the rest of the lap and passed the finish line with lots of time to spare. I passed the Ford GT on 2nd place and at the end of the first sector on my third lap I caught up with the McLaren F1 in the lead. Unfortunately for me, by the time he spotted me in the mirrors his feet turned to lead and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get closer than 5-6 meters. With a better power-to-weight ratio he pulled away after every corner, giving me no chance to overtake.

I was able to follow him pretty well though, and when we got to that uphill straight section my car had the advantage of not being equipped with a massive, drag-inducing wing and I managed to slip past him and get the 1st position.

The end? Don't think so. The McLaren hung on to my mirror for the rest of the lap. At Döttinger Höhe his advantage in power-to-weight brought him up in the lead at the beginning of the straight, but only by half a car length. Once we got up in the regions above 320 km/h, my lack of wing payed off again and I overtook him right before the bridge over the blind crest. From then on it was just a matter of not screwing up, I made sure to cover the apex of the remaining corners to force him to go on the outside if he wanted to pass. We made the sharp right turn and I crossed the finish line 0.331 seconds ahead the McLaren.

Nürburgring Nordschleife__53.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__54.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__55.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__56.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__57.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__58.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__59.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__60.jpg Nürburgring Nordschleife__61.jpg

Just wondering, is this confirmed? I was under the impression the sunrise/sunset times never changed and were roughly based on when the 24 hour races were held and arbitrarily set on the other day/night tracks...
Not sure if anyone in the main forum has confirmed or not. As memory is a fickle thing, I ran a test today and first light was at 05:30 with sun-up around 05:45. I'll check back again in a month or so and see if it's any different. There isn't much point trying before then, not so close to the solstice, as it takes about a month either side to see much difference in sunrise/set times.

Great things about GT6

All the new tracks, especially Goodwood, Brands Hatch, Brands Hatch Indy and Matterhorn.
The amazing lighting, timing and weather on tracks.
Chromeline and Stealth cars available to all, plus classic Ferrari's, Lambo's and others.
Plenty of other good new cars, including the Rocket, Quattro, Firebird and Aston Martins
The GT Vision cars.
Full dealership is always open, with improved searching too.
A lot of rare cars are now cheaper.
Much improved online room setup and promises of further enhancements.
Senna!!
The Red Bull Challenges
Much improved menu's with scope for new updates and features.
Quick access to altering car settings and tuning.
The stats page (more please)
Improved physics and feel.
Ghost lines rather than ghost cars and seeing how your friends did.
Reusing paint chips (I can now have my team colours)
The moon.
The range of difficulty levels so that I can challenge myself with a licence or time trial or just blast the AI away for some instant gratification.
The continuous updates (so far all for free) as opposed to some software companies like EA which want to charge you full price for the same game with a new year on it.
And best of all the hope and expectation of more features to come!

GT6, was/is not what i tought about it.
My mistake was that i expected something like GT5.

BUT!! i really like the handling and physics.
I like the option, that every tuning you did to the car, can be removed to get the car back to stock ( except oilchange, but that's normal)

Thanks to GT6, i learned to handle the car(s) better on the tracks, even so much that i went back to GT5
and got better times, and win races that i didn't win before, Too bad, Gt5 online season events are closed now.

Also i got better because of the curbs reaction in GT6, sometimes, when i hit a curb, my car flipped on his side, never happened in GT5, so i got better to keep the car on the track instead of cutting the corners too much.
Why do i mention this? I hate Nurburgring (nordschleife), i really do, but with GT6 physics and handling ( and bugs?)
i achieve a win on nurbingring, were i first did not win.
So even if i hate nurburg, i still drive it ( except the last season event with the lexus in the dark, i did not drive that)

And all updates are free containing the Vision cars. Not bad, Not bad at all.
Yes there are things i don't like, but thats for other topics.

I'm going to try focusing on positives today.

It makes me really amazed to think that the FIA is partnering with GT, it's something that's never been done before and I'm happy to see how far it can go. *bites back anger and moves on*

I'm going to try focusing on positives today.

It makes me really amazed to think that the FIA is partnering with GT, it's something that's never been done before and I'm happy to see how far it can go. *bites back anger and moves on*
There is huge potential with this partnership and it can be a real coup for PD. The caveat is always the same though. Can they do something meaningful with it and will the rest of the game be of a high enough standard (AI, physics etc.) to do the association with the FIA justice? I hope so.

I'm just going to have to go on a weapons-grade rant about how well the Multi-Monitor works, and especially, how well it works with Replays, and extra especially, how well the Replay Camera view works across multiple screens.

Sometimes I think that the Replay Camera setup was designed first and foremost, to work on multiple screens. The cameras are often placed so that they exploit the extra breadth of the vision field.

For example, there is a distance shot from high up near the Start/Finish line at Laguna Seca. On one screen it looks cool, but on three it shows the full vista.

Another example is at Bathurst, where a high flying camera uses all three screens to show a long extent of track on the way up the mountain.

The results of these choices provide excellent contextualization of the target car.

And I love it that there are multiple Replay Cameras for each track segment.

Just like in Forza, ever so occasionally, one of the side screen consoles will lock up. Unlike Forza, GT doesn't require the race to be exited to reconnect the side screens. In single player mode, I can pause the race and go through a restart of the locked console, and resume the race.

And unlike Forza, GT provides a replay view across all the screens, not just a repetition of the same view on each screen.

I think I'm addicted!

After doing a lap around the ring in a VW Beetle, and then an Alpine A110 I got back into my Ferrari 458 and was completely blown away by the speed and power of that car! The car is great all in itself, but when you've got something to compare with, a reference point, it gets amazing!

Of course, it depends on which reference points you pick. If you first drive an X2014, then a Ferrari 458, is probably not going to feel that great...

So the secret behind having an awesome drive: Pick a good reference point to calibrate your senses :)

Lately i been watching some replays and making pictures in photo travel and i love how the shot are and how much you can edit for the perfect shot. :drool:.

Lately i been watching some replays...

That's one of my favourite things to do in Gran Turismo, & always has been. But now it's even better that we have online racing & can save replays of those races too.

I've been running a Tuning Prohibited room on Saturday nights, it's great fun to race against real people, & then to be able to save & watch the replays afterwards is awesome.

Watching replays of myself racing online is the best thing on TV!

:lol:

I'm surprised with the stuff GT's photomode can achieve, just a little touch in image editing software and...

View attachment 189262

The potential is there :D
I suspect Kaz, the photographer at heart, is going to have a few tricks up his sleeve in GT7 photomode. It's the one part of GT series that stands head and shoulders above any other game on PC or console, and with the increased flexibility and added firepower of the PS4 design, I can see it being even better in the next GT.

VBR
That's one of my favourite things to do in Gran Turismo...Watching replays of myself racing online is the best thing on TV! :lol:
I also like but rarely have time for this, is the slide-show option in your photo gallery - neat, simple and very soothing.

I also believe that I've nailed some evidence of the 'edge-effec't in a still. It always looks superb in replays, but actually getting a shot that captures that motion properly in a still...well, needless to say, it was by pure accident :D

Eiger Nordwand K Hyundai Accent 48.jpg

Just wondering, is this confirmed? I was under the impression the sunrise/sunset times never changed and were roughly based on when the 24 hour races were held and arbitrarily set on the other day/night tracks.

Way back when I first got GT6 I thought the moon phases changed based on real life but I have no proof or evidence. Instead it seems to have remained constant since I got the game.
I think you are right about this. I ran another early moring race today and sunrise was at the same time - so there you go then.

I did find a good trick for any photomode fans. With the sun-glare and such being quite high if you point the camera into the sun (as you'd expect) dropping the exposure level was the only way I could get decent sunset/sunrise pics. I found out today that if you select one of the filters once your shot is lined up, then switch it back to 'no filter' it'll take away the glare.

I think you are right about this. I ran another early moring race today and sunrise was at the same time - so there you go then.

I did find a good trick for any photomode fans. With the sun-glare and such being quite high if you point the camera into the sun (as you'd expect) dropping the exposure level was the only way I could get decent sunset/sunrise pics. I found out today that if you select one of the filters once your shot is lined up, then switch it back to 'no filter' it'll take away the glare.

No need to swap filters, there's a feature called "AE lock" (Auto Exposure lock), which I believe the L1 button switches on and off. It locks to the level of exposure that you're currently looking at. So if you're looking at a bright scene, activate the AE lock and then look at a dark area, that dark area will increase in brightness/exposure. Then vice vera, look at a dark area > AE lock > look at bright area > bright area is a lot darker.

Quick and easy way to get around the sun glare problem.

Just came here to say how amusing I found the info for the Lexus IS F CCS-R, specifically this part:

"CCS-R stands for Circuit (a safe and exciting place to drive), Club (to have fun with others), Sport (for sports car), and the R stands for Racing"

:lol: Ah PD, you win 👍

I love that they added Spa into the game. Now, if only they could get Abu Dhabi. Hopefully, we'll see some interesting tracks and FIA cars, now that PD and FIA have garnered a partnership together.

I also love the fact that the AI are a bunch of dicks in this game, vs a bunch of Mrs. Daisy's in the previous titles. As I drop the F bomb, they're trying to keep up with their competition when it comes to AI and other stuff...Forza Motorsports.

I was going by taxi recently and it was a Toyota Prius. I noticed something interesting about the car, at a certain speed the combustion engine kept going on and off, giving a very jerky ride. When I got home I had to get a Prius in GT6 and test if it did the same and amazingly enough it did!

I find that level of detail pretty cool :)

I found this attention to detail quite amazing so I leave here.
Track surfaces are not consistent, some parts are slicker than others and I'm pretty certain GT models this.

As a racer, we all learn the oddities in tracks, places you just trust for the grip to return on the outside, and places you don't despite camber, etc. having raced a few tracks in GT in real life I can say with confidence they nailed this slippery turn 11 at Laguna, regaining grip on turn 5's exit, and looseness of not having the perfect line in 9... Even willow's unholy grip in turn 2, yet no grip in turn 5... There are several odd realities like this that GT does capture and all you need to do is ask any driver of those tracks about them... It's the "personality" of each track.

Back