The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
VBR
Well, I just had a series of very good races online, & I think I might've just found a substitute for Shuffle racing in the process too!

I was in a room called "350-500PP! Clean! Untuned!" & it had pretty much the same vibe as Shuffle racing, except that we were choosing our own cars of course. I think I'll be running some online lobbies of that sort fairly soon. It's taken me 6 months, but I think I'm now slowly starting to get into GT6, despite it's obvious flaws.

I've now set up my own club based on that experience, & am having the most fun racing online since GT5. Check it out if you want to, the link is in my sig.

👍

VBR
Well, I just had a series of very good races online, & I think I might've just found a substitute for Shuffle racing in the process too!

I was in a room called "350-500PP! Clean! Untuned!" & it had pretty much the same vibe as Shuffle racing, except that we were choosing our own cars of course. I think I'll be running some online lobbies of that sort fairly soon. It's taken me 6 months, but I think I'm now slowly starting to get into GT6, despite it's obvious flaws.

:D
This sounds like a great idea for a Shuffle replacement. I didn't really do much shuffle racing in GT5 but when I did, it was always great fun. It's not really an important feature for me but I do hope they will bring it back.

:lol:
I don't know why but I'm most looking forward to the Lexus. But who knows how long we'll have to wait for that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the Lexus as well (More than the Nissan), but so far all we know we're getting is the Nissan.

I had never tought i would be posting something here, but here i am..

For me the Gran Turismo 6 is more enjoyable after the 1.09 update, the cars is much more fun to drive now, the handling has changed dramatically, it's so much better now. The driver list has change, the list is now showing which car the AI is driving, instead of fictionale names of the AI, much better. The AI has improved, they do mistakes and they are overtaking each other more frequently, so there is finally som human drama in Gran Turismo 6 as promised.
And we have now A-Spec Seasonal Events and additional content is released in a astonishing pace, i'm very happy to be a owner of a Gran Turismo 6 game, thank you Polyphony Digital.

Last edited:
Only downside is that the servers have apparently gotten more terrible, or it's just me.

Gran Turismo 6 for me, is the complete driving package. I have a high end PC and both new consoles and I have dabbled in the PC driving sims also including AC which I struggle to see what all the hype is about. Yes, it may be technically closer to driving a real car than GT, it may have more technical options but graphically, even on ultra doesn't touch GT6 apart from the obvious resolution. Graphics for me play a huge part in immersion and no other driving sim does it as well as GT6. FM5 is excellent. I have spent LOTS of time on that and the new Nurburgring track is phenomenal. It is the real time lighting that sets GT6 apart from the others though. Once I experienced the real time lighting in GT6, every other sim feels very static and lifeless. Using a wheel with GT6 for me is magnificent and the physics, road undulations, ripple strips, Force feedback in my opinion feels incredibly immersive. I love driving the Nissan GTR'S and I have pumped what seems like hundreds of hours around Bathurst (a track I grew up watching the Hardie Ferodo 1000, now Bathurst 1000) on as a kid. Nearly every track is excellent in GT6 and all offer different approaches and driving techniques. I love endurance events and do wish PD will include some SP events in upcoming patches. I respect and enjoy all games on all systems and I can enjoy other driving games/sims for what they are. GT6 for me offers the best overall 'experience', immersion, courses, lighting and weather and that's why its the best in the business for me. I can only imagine what GT on my PS4 will be like. Love this thread and thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's positive input. Happy GT driving all.

Love the new Red Bull Tracks. Especially the long one. My mate and I spent our entire 2½ hour driving session on these tracks. Nice elevation changes, nice scenery, great ribbon.

We thrashed our new Vee Dubs for a while and moved on to other cars as well. Probably drove 200+ miles of delight!

Red Bull Ring Short Track.jpg
Red Bull Ring_14.jpg
Red Bull Ring_11.jpg
Red Bull Ring_7.jpg

Though I've used the recently added search function a few times since the patch, it really came into its own for me yesterday. A few clicks and it pulled up every pre '89 car for the drift seasonal - simple as that.

Once again, it's the little details and surprises I find in the game that make me smile.

Goodwood has been updated with the new sculpture.

AND, replays from prior to this update show the original sculpture as it was back then!

GT6 Screen Shot 6:27:14, 12.29 PM.png
GT6 Screen Shot 6:27:14, 12.33 PM.png

This has more than likely been noted elsewhere on this rambling forum, but when going into arcade mode, the racing suit gets changed to something that appears random. What with my like of taking up-close snaps of the new driver model, I should have noticed that the racing suit and helmet isn't actually random, but mostly reflects the vehicle you are driving.

Autumn Ring Abarth biposto 1500 10.jpg

Agreed, and the leaves on the ground don't get whisked up as much when it's wet or raining...

It's already a photomode joy - so my mind is just boggled by what we might get with GT7 after the Reddit AMA answers, plus all that extra processing power on the PS4.

Ah man, this thread is such a breath of fresh air.

I'm stuck with a terrible CRT SDTV so GT6 still kinda looks like GT4 graphically, but thankfully Kaz and the PD team were thoughtful enough to add in a menu zoom feature, so I can actually read what everything says.

Ah man, this thread is such a breath of fresh air.

I'm stuck with a terrible CRT SDTV so GT6 still kinda looks like GT4 graphically, but thankfully Kaz and the PD team were thoughtful enough to add in a menu zoom feature, so I can actually read what everything says.
Same shipwreck here bro.

In order to make some $$$, I've been repeating the recent Apricot Hill A-Spec Seasonal with a wide range of cars, gradually reducing the PP to make it harder and harder.

This has been most enjoyable.

The highlight has been that the AI drivers behave in a way I can relate to.

At the end of the long downhill straight, there's a right hander with lots of kitty litter to slow the adventurous. My technique with the AI is to draft them down this straight, brake late and sucker them into entering the right hander too fast and on a poor line. Sometimes I can persuade up to three cars to share the kitty litter.

This is the sort of damn fool thing I do, so maybe it's not "AI", its "AS". Artificial Stupidity. Whatever it is it's great!

In order to make some $$$, I've been repeating the recent Apricot Hill A-Spec Seasonal with a wide range of cars, gradually reducing the PP to make it harder and harder.

This has been most enjoyable.

The highlight has been that the AI drivers behave in a way I can relate to.

At the end of the long downhill straight, there's a right hander with lots of kitty litter to slow the adventurous. My technique with the AI is to draft them down this straight, brake late and sucker them into entering the right hander too fast and on a poor line. Sometimes I can persuade up to three cars to share the kitty litter.

This is the sort of damn fool thing I do, so maybe it's not "AI", its "AS". Artificial Stupidity. Whatever it is it's great!
It's also known as "arcade racing". Quite enjoyable in the right circumstances.

It's also known as "arcade racing". Quite enjoyable in the right circumstances.

Is this a negative put-down? Maybe not. I wonder what the "right circumstances" might mean?

Edit:- I should add that I'm finding the AI in this event to be quite respectful and aware of cars around them. Unlike the next A-Spec race, these guys don't use ramming tactics.

Last edited:
Back