The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
OK, I take back what said about the night driving and how apparently a recent rendered update made the graphics and detail somewhat lackluster.

Just did a couple runs on Matterhorn and Spa (again) during sunrise, and well, 'tis still pretty amazing stuff. Too bad I have to keep my eyes on the road.
VBR
Not tried time settings on The Matterhorn, will have to do that soon.

Did some driving on The Matterhorn testing out the time & weather settings, & I must say you're right, they do look pretty darn good! :D I never drove on this track with a sunset/sunrise so can't compare it to what it looked like in 1.03, it just looks great.

👍

I love the way the suspension feel is in GT6. Has made a huge difference in the ability to tune cars. The new physics model even allows for differences in driving style to be as fast as they should be. Just need to get the camber adjustment mechanic fixed and the game is beautiful. I spent the better part of the day yesterday looking up coilover shocks and the spring rate they are sold with and matching that to my car so I can mess with the shock settings and seeing how they feel on the car. I know they aren't an exact representation of that brand of shock absorber, but should be close enough. This will save me a lot of time and money when I buy my next set of shocks and springs.

This.

I also have to add that the Goodwood festival of speed was a great addition, and the fact that you actually recieved an in-game letter everytime you were welcome to test new cars at Goodwood.

One more thing, the photomode is very well made. You can take great photos as long it's a premium car you're photographing. Those are very detailed.

-Sonny
You must be pissed they didn't include the Testarossa in game.

Does anyone else miss the the animations for oil change, washing, painting? :(

yeap
855cc__UNTITLED_-13A.jpg

643412_0.jpg

Epic praising: Goodwood in the morning and in the evening. Looks fantastic!

I find it amusing that there are 34 comments in the "praise" department and 3827 saying that the game is garbage.

Who are these 3827 saying that the game is garbage? If you're referring to the epic whining thread you'll find that it's full of discussions, not simply a bunch of "this is garbage"-posts.

VBR
Credit where credit's due, as the saying goes, & to their credit PD have done some truly amazing things with GT6 (despite it's obvious flaws as discussed elsewhere on this forum). Yes we all know that GT is as incredible as it is irritating, as awesome as it is awful, & as brilliant as it is bad etc. However, for this thread let's just focus on the incredible, awesome, & brilliant, OK!

PS: You might want to read Scaff's warning before posting in this thread:

The modelling of the premium cars is still very good, many look beautiful and that certainly sets this franchise apart from the others.

The photo mode is a wonderful addition, it allows an unbridled creativity for those who enjoy photography.

The track selection is pleasing. It is not where I want it to be but having Circuit le Sarthe, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Bathurst, Monza, and Spa make it worthwhile.

I like the new dealership model, when I want a certain model I want to pick it up instead of waiting for the "lottery" to provide it.

I am very enthusiastic about the Vision GT models. I am hopeful they will all be completed as by now we should have seen a few more but I can wait to see if they will accomplish what they set out to do.

I enjoy the aspect of the seasonal events, regular updates of new content is a great idea.

Does anyone else miss the the animations for oil change, washing, painting? :(

This is off topic. The whining thread is here.

Would everyone please keep this thread on topic. If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Thanks.

I find it amusing that there are 34 comments in the "praise" department and 3827 saying that the game is garbage.
The only thing that's garbage around here is your post. Get lost, and stay in that "other" thread since you have nothing to praise about the game. No need for clowns.

*Back on topic*

Just got back to playing GT6 again (even without the Course Maker), and I must say the game is really enjoyable thanks to the new physics. When the Course Maker does come, you'll see me fly into this thread at high speed. :)

I love that the mudflaps on a bunch of rally cars actually move in the wind now! I was going to post this in the little things about GT6 thread, but I forgot the whole title and can't find it now.

I personally enjoy tuning in GT6. A tune which is incompatible with the driver (or simply poor) can be felt more than previous games and therefore it is now possible to improve and personalize my cars.

Oh yeah, another I wanted to say for awhile. The wheels in GT6 that resembles the Ford Focus RS '09, was finally available! *Dances in happiness* So I gotten the chance to finally complete my replica of that car using the Ford Focus ST '06. I may very well create the Ford Focus RS500 replica at some point. :D

Bought an Alfa Romeo MiTo, customized it to my liking and then went to Nordschleife for a free run. I set the track time to 20.00 and did a lap in cockpit view without aids and without HUD.

That was awesome! Great car, great track and fantastic visuals (the sun reflecting in the mirrors :bowdown:)!

Edit: A nice detail - One of the OZ wheels looks like Alfa Romeo wheels, but the inner surfaces are black. Add one inch to the rim diameter and you've got a sporty MiTo!

mito4-jpg.114453

Last edited:
The only thing that's garbage around here is your post. Get lost, and stay in that "other" thread since you have nothing to praise about the game. No need for clowns.

*Back on topic*

Just got back to playing GT6 again (even without the Course Maker), and I must say the game is really enjoyable thanks to the new physics. When the Course Maker does come, you'll see me fly into this thread at high speed. :)

Yeah, telling people where they can and cannot post isn't going to fly. That goes for everyone, not just you.

Let's not do that again. You might want to drop the thinly-veiled personal attacks while you're at it.

Yeah, telling people where they can and cannot post isn't going to fly. That goes for everyone, not just you.

Let's not do that again. You might want to drop the thinly-veiled personal attacks while you're at it.
Heh, sorry. Should've been more careful what I said. :P

I took the VW Beetle (1966) to Chamonix. I was purely interested in taking pictures of it. Just two laps would do...

So, I spent 2h30 driving this car on snow. I can't even describe the joy and fun that I experienced.

My father owned a red 1966 Beetle in real life. He drove the damn thing clear across the US in 1968 when we packed up and moved our entire family from California to Pennsylvania. We spent hours tuning and racing it online together in GT5 right up to when he passed away 3 months ago at age 80. He was stunned how the cockpit view literally brought back all the memories of that damn Beetle. Gran Turismo made it all possible and literally improved the quality of his life right up to the end. No words can describe the good this game brought my father and his son.

It was a particularly aggressive post. There are a number of do-gooders here that like to police posts, more attention paid to those members would make these forums more enjoyable.

Bought an Alfa Romeo MiTo, customized it to my liking and then went to Nordschleife for a free run. I set the track time to 20.00 and did a lap in cockpit view without aids and without HUD.

That was awesome! Great car, great track and fantastic visuals (the sun reflecting in the mirrors :bowdown:)!

Edit: A nice detail - One of the OZ wheels looks like Alfa Romeo wheels, but the inner surfaces are black. Add one inch to the rim diameter and you've got a sporty MiTo!

mito4-jpg.114453
This post supports my comments on the car modelling and how nice they look. The car is stunning and the lighting effects are superb. It's wonderful art that is a pleasure to view.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a particularly aggressive post. There are a number of do-gooders here that like to police posts, more attention paid to those members would make these forums more enjoyable.
Not really actually, I mean you have to think about it. Does it really annoy others who praise the game for something, to shot them down and call them "fanboys" for doing so? Does it really bother you and others that much? I say no one is a "police", but all are at war with each other. It's even worse when you compare this thread with the other, just because number of posts? So? That shouldn't be made, because it's difficult to praise something when it's not perfect or not up to your liking.

And don't you think it's just the GT franchise, it's all franchises, even consoles.

Not really actually, I mean you have to think about it. Does it really annoy others who praise the game for something, to shot them down and call them "fanboys" for doing so? Does it really bother you and others that much? I say no one is a "police", but all are at war with each other. It's even worse when you compare this thread with the other, just because number of posts? So? That shouldn't be made, because it's difficult to praise something when it's not perfect or not up to your liking.

And don't you think it's just the GT franchise, it's all franchises, even consoles.

You are off topic, this post is about positive aspects of the game. I simply responded to the moderator asking for assistance to make the forum more positive. See, all positive.

You are off topic, this post is about positive aspects of the game. I simply responded to the moderator asking for assistance to make the forum more positive. See, all positive.
I know that. I was just explaining. And please, no need to write "all positive".

I wanna see all of them team up and see if they can make a game better than GT6 =P

But in all seriousness I simply adore GT6. It feels better to me, the new physics engine is phenomenal and driving on it with a wheel feels so real, I could barely believe it! The night driving is awesome too and seeing the stars makes it much more fun. Not to mention the touched up standards look awesome =P

I feel like GT6 has captured the essence of what Gran Turismo is. I think when 4 came out is when GT started to go sour, in 4 the cars felt lifeless and the speed of cars was B.S., and 5 didn't really help much. I think 6 went the extra mile because it's made the proper transition from "Racing game" to "driving simulator", in which we get a taste of what these cars are like to drive, and it can even push us to buy them!

the first 3 GT games feel like they came from the bottom of someone's heart, 4 and 5 feel like that effort was distorted by popular things racing games have, but 6 feels passionate again. Once those bugs and new content gets taken care of, this game is gonna go into the all time greatest hits in my book 👍

I think the game play itself and the driving experience is good. My complaint is a lack of content, which in turn comes back to the fact that gt6 was rushed for the sake of putting a quick buck in the pockets of kaz and his cronies at PD

I had a mate round last night, he's been playing 'the other game' since version 2. I made a new profile on my PS3, & asked him to play GT6 & see how far he got. It was very interesting to see someone play GT6 who has no preconceptions, no wish lists, & no grievances. He really enjoyed it, thought that the music was awesome, & overall that the game was very slick.

As someone who has been playing since GT3, & has built up a lot of negatives against the series, it was enlightening to see the game through a fresh pair of eyes.

VBR
This is off topic. The whining thread is here

Would everyone please keep this thread on topic. If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

Thanks
I'm afraid I can't see your moderators tag. Why are you telling me what's what?

Back