The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
I'm afraid I can't see your moderators tag. Why are you telling me what's what?
You don't need to be a moderator to make a sensible post.

Would it make any difference if I say it?

This is off topic. The whining thread is here

Would everyone please keep this thread on topic. If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

Thanks

Well...

Seeing as GTP is such a good source of GT information and I have some good friends here, I will of course toe your line

I must say though, just for the record that I find both his and your attitude appalling

He was just trying to keep the thread on topic. Feel free to take it to an admin if you don't like what happened here.

He was just trying to keep the thread on topic. Feel free to take it to an admin if you don't like what happened here
That won't be necessary. I've moderated before and it's not easy

I quit because I didn't like being the kind of person who...

No, that's enough :)

I've been meaning to share a couple of sunset/evening pictures taken in arcade mode ever since the discussion of lackluster scenery graphics was mentioned. I thought maybe the graphics were toned down, but they still look better than GT5. These aren't the best pictures, but with a somewhat cloudy sky, the sunset still doesn't look too bad. The second picture came out too dark though.

Attachments

• Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
    Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife_1.jpg
    Nürburgring Nordschleife_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
VBR
I had a mate round last night, he's been playing 'the other game' since version 2. I made a new profile on my PS3, & asked him to play GT6 & see how far he got. It was very interesting to see someone play GT6 who has no preconceptions, no wish lists, & no grievances. He really enjoyed it, thought that the music was awesome, & overall that the game was very slick.

As someone who has been playing since GT3, & has built up a lot of negatives against the series, it was enlightening to see the game through a fresh pair of eyes.
Hi VBR, I read this and I don't want you to take this the wrong way way but do you really play the game with music? I only ask because the first thing I do is turn it off.

Hi VBR, I read this and I don't want you to take this the wrong way way but do you really play the game with music? I only ask because the first thing I do is turn it off.

Me too, all music is turned off, I even turn off the menu sounds. My GT is always totally silent except for the car sounds. Like I'd said, I set up a new profile on my PS3 for my mate to show him what it's like to play GT6 from the start, the music is on by default & he chose to leave it on. That did help me to see the game from a newbies point of view, I must say that it was a different experience, & an enjoyable one at that. I forgot just how good PD are at choosing great sound tracks.

Wow I can't believe 10 days have passed since anybody had anything to praise GT 6 for. Well I have played it almost every day since its release almost three months ago and there aren't many games that I have done that with. I even have games in my collection that have been played for less than an hour. How many games have you bought that you completed in a day ? Probably even some that have no replay value whatsoever. Don't get me wrong I accept GT 6 has some huge faults but as far as value for money goes I have had a lot of enjoyment from the game. Right I am putting my flak jacket and crash helmet on in expectation of a barrage of abuse but can you really say you haven't had your money's worth?

Right I am putting my flak jacket and crash helmet on in expectation of a barrage of abuse but can you really say you haven't had your money's worth?

Hopefully that won't happen because of what Scaff posted earlier on in this thread;

One warning given and numerous posts deleted.

Let me be clear members who believe it is acceptable to post flame-bait are mistaken, anyone continuing to do so may well find out that membership of GT Planet is not a right.

I drove a Camaro SS '10 Touring Edition in the S-License Silverstone 10-lap Challenge. I learned a valuable lesson about tire choice and pitting. Also, I learned: to complete that challenge, I must conserve my tires until around lap 8/10. I pitted on lap 5 due to overcooking the front-left and both rear tires in a couple corners. I finished 11/16 due to my rear tires depleting to 0 on the last lap. I re-entered the race with harder tires, drove more conservatively, and completed the challenge in first place after one pit[lap six]. I'm telling you this because this game has that special quality which very few games seem to possess: the ability to keep you coming back for more, replayability as some would call it.

I can tell you one thing. I will cry some pretty darn epic tears of joy once they give us more garage space. XD

Just about everything else in this game has proven to be quite the enjoyable experience, overall. Can't wait for all the updates to come.

I praise for the smooth realtime time change in the game.. it's just like an alien technology, it makes the game really alive.

Couple of things that are dramatically improved from GT5 to GT6

No ABS braking is now easily possible. In GT5 it was way too sensitive, requiring really low brake balances, which didn't leave a lot of adjustability. GT6 allows for much higher brake balances without ABS when using standard brakes or you can keep the balances fairly low and lock up only in certain situations.

If you don't use a surround system with the game you are really missing out on a subtle but important and very immersive feature and that's sound feedback from the tires, especially with ABS off but also with it on. You can hear individual tires locking up and spinning and not only does it make you feel more connected with the car, it helps with your driving.

I don't have a surround sound system, but a DIY 3-front-channel stereo. I can hear and locate tire's churring at each corner. Left/right is clear, no doubt. Front/rear sounds differently, too. ;)

Driving pleasure with the much improved physics, and several wonderful new tracks have been mentioned. I like those very much, too.

In addition to the improvement on brake, I feel the tuning effect is better than ever. Cars react to various tunings sensitively and effectively. Though it's still not perfect, I enjoy in fiddling with them very much nevertheless.

I tried the Photomode just recently and found it's breathtakingly amazing. When driving, we enjoy the game instantly, in a fast interaction. That's already splendid. By taking photos, we can get into deeper layers in frozen time.

The amount of details they put into this game is just unreal & unbelievable. Just take a look at those details in the Photomode forum, it's impossible not to appreciate the graphics.

Last night I tried to take photos from a replay of Rain Master event, I saw the raindrops, countless of them, were frozen in the air, and moved individually as I moved the camera! I'm totally moved.

Frame rate drop? Never mind.

The amount of details they put into this game is just unreal & unbelievable. Just take a look at those details in the Photomode forum, it's impossible not to appreciate the graphics.

Last night I tried to take photos from a replay of Rain Master event, I saw the raindrops, countless of them, were frozen in the air, and moved individually as I moved the camera! I'm totally moved.
I noticed this last night with snow whilst trying to take a shot of my Pikes Peak Quattro. The attention to detail with the graphics are, for the most part, amazing. It's always been one of the best things about the series and PD have yet again raised the bar with GT6.

It's difficult to praise this game without repeating what others have said before me. Let's face it that there is more to complain about than there is to compliment. It's easier too. Things like graphics are expected to be good with GT so praising them is a little like praising the chef who managed to cook your food correctly or the doctor who made you feel better; you're thankful, but it's what they do. They are unquestionably good though with the lighting in particular being a stand-out point for me as well as the day-to-night transition.

The physics, again for the most part, are great. The improvement of weight transfer whilst braking and cornering was the first thing to grab my attention when i first started playing. Braking itself is now way better than in previous iterations and can be done without the need of ABS- previously i'd lock the brakes all the time at the slightest input on my pad with ABS off.

But the best thing, the absolute best thing, about GT6 (for me at least) is it doesn't take 10 minutes to load a race or back out of a menu. The menus and loading times are greatly improved.

Edit: I forgot to mention the inclusion of Goodward's hill climb. :bowdown:

Last edited:
I really like the way the new physics has affected FF/4WD cars, they no longer feel like they're completely welded to the track and the understeer can be actually cured rather than just alleviated. In GT5 the only truly competitive cars were FR or MR, now it feels like with the right tune any layout could be in with a chance

I really like the way the new physics has affected FF/4WD cars, they no longer feel like they're completely welded to the track and the understeer can be actually cured rather than just alleviated. In GT5 the only truly competitive cars were FR or MR, now it feels like with the right tune any layout could be in with a chance
I agree. There is in GT6 a noticeable difference in feel between cars with different drivetrains. An FF car in 5 feels the same as an FR to me.

I agree. There is in GT6 a noticeable difference in feel between cars with different drivetrains. An FF car in 5 feels the same as an FR to me.
Really? How so? In my experience, in gt5 FR cars were a lot easier to drive, FF's were just boring and understeered constantly no matter what you did to them. Now FF feel a lot looser and more capable, I've even seen some folks drifting them!

Really? How so? In my experience, in gt5 FR cars were a lot easier to drive, FF's were just boring and understeered constantly no matter what you did to them. Now FF feel a lot looser and more capable, I've even seen some folks drifting them!
I just mean they felt the same. Not exactly the same, no, but similar enough to not really notice much of a difference. I've always used DS3 rather than a wheel which may explain it. The example i'm thinking of is the EK Civic Touring Car and the Toyota GT86. Perhaps it was the tune i used on the Civic that caused this.

I just mean they felt the same. Not exactly the same, no, but similar enough to not really notice much of a difference. I've always used DS3 rather than a wheel which may explain it. The example i'm thinking of is the EK Civic Touring Car and the Toyota GT86. Perhaps it was the tune i used on the Civic that caused this.
Perhaps. The EK Civic TC was one of the best FF cars. I'm a DS3 user as well and even then you could just feel the horrible understeer every time you went near the throttle. The gt86 was an ok handling car but it didn't really have the power to use the RWD characteristics unless it was on very low grip tyres

Perhaps. The EK Civic TC was one of the best FF cars. I'm a DS3 user as well and even then you could just feel the horrible understeer every time you went near the throttle. The gt86 was an ok handling car but it didn't really have the power to use the RWD characteristics unless it was on very low grip tyres
Either way the difference between them has increased in 6 which i think we can agree is a good thing. I think i may have brought to mind a bad example when thinking back.

Either way the difference between them has increased in 6 which i think we can agree is a good thing. I think i may have brought to mind a bad example when thinking back.
Yeah fair enough, I appreciate the point you are trying to make and am grateful that the different layouts now feel different. I also enjoy the new weight transfer physics, its a little hard to get used to at first but it makes tuning a lot more interesting.

My father owned a red 1966 Beetle in real life. He drove the damn thing clear across the US in 1968 when we packed up and moved our entire family from California to Pennsylvania. We spent hours tuning and racing it online together in GT5 right up to when he passed away 3 months ago at age 80. He was stunned how the cockpit view literally brought back all the memories of that damn Beetle. Gran Turismo made it all possible and literally improved the quality of his life right up to the end. No words can describe the good this game brought my father and his son.

My father had one as well, a 1973, 1500cc.

I did learn how to drive, at 13 years old, in that car. He passed away 11 years ago. So, I know how it goes and how you're feeling. I'm sorry.

I'm more a racing car guy, but there are some street cars that really moves me in the game. Beetle '66, Sambabus (our beloved Kombi, here, in Brazil) and the Alpine A110 and Chevy Nova (which are very simillar to our Chevrolet Opala, a true classic) makes me want to play GT6. Even now, just when I'm selling the damn thing.

Back