The GT6 Save Editor Thread

Interesting. If you can, try to get it to corrupt your save again by doing the same thing and then upload it here along with the backup. And Doomotron, I recall you also had an issue with the editor corrupting your saves. Can you also try to upload a save from before and after it was corrupted?

The editor seems to be very hit or miss on when it works and that's an issue I hope can be resolved.

Honestly, I don't know.

Max money is 20 million. If you add more money, the cap will return your money to 20 million when you sell a car.

Are you trying to get the DLC cars?
yes, the cars that aren’t displayed in dealership on ver 1.00 list in garage, but no graphics… and some of them cause the garage to close. I’m not desperate to have them… there are plenty of good cars to choose already… ;->

Could you tell me what cars you're trying to add exactly? I could be wrong, but I suspect you're trying to add cars that weren't available until later updates.

Could you tell me what cars you're trying to add exactly? I could be wrong, but I suspect you're trying to add cars that weren't available until later updates.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. I was trying to add cars not displayed in the dealership… like the Tomahawk and others. Like I said earlier, I’m ok with not having access to those cars for now. I’ve read the whole thread, including where you mention the the editor creators don’t want DLC to be that easy to get. Since I can’t update from ver 1.00, I have to be satisfied with the long list of cars currently available AND an endless source of game money thru the editor… LoL

I was trying to add cars not displayed in the dealership… like the Tomahawk and others.
Yea the Tomahawk wasn’t made available until the later updates, so it naturally won’t work on version 1.00.

That ain’t an issue with the editor though, if the game isn’t updated to where the cars are available that’s the issue.
I’ve read the whole thread, including where you mention the the editor creators don’t want DLC to be that easy to get.
I don’t remember saying that here, but I believe you’re confusing that with another editor because I know one for GT5 that fits this description. The creator wants to make DLC activation possible for the GT6 editor, but last I checked, he hasn’t figured out how yet.

Last edited:
Yea the Tomahawk wasn’t made available until the later updates, so it naturally won’t work on version 1.00.

That ain’t an issue with the editor though, if the game isn’t updated to where the cars are available that’s the issue.

I don’t remember saying that here, but I believe you’re confusing that with another editor because I know one for GT5 that fits this description. The creator wants to make DLC activation possible for the GT6 editor, but last I checked, he hasn’t figured out how yet.
Here’s the real question… does an update place the car data in the game?… or just unlock data that’s already there? hmmm… LoL

Yea what Pez said, the cars are added to the game through updates, though I think I recall the Hudson was added to the game one update before it was made available to the player.

The cars are in the update data specifically, they don't exist on your disk before that.

Then I was right in saying... "Since I can’t update from ver 1.00, I have to be satisfied with the long list of cars currently available AND an endless source of game money thru the editor… LoL" ...Because without the update car data, there are no other cars for me to choose... I 'm good with that... :-)

The servers for the updates are different than what was used for the game's online multiplayer and last I recall the PS3 update servers are still operational. Now the weird updates they had inside the game itself, I am not too sure about that.

Last edited:
The servers for the updates are different than what was used for the game's online multiplayer and last I recall the PS3 update servers are still operational. Now the weird updates they had inside the game itself, I am not too sure about that.
The update server will remain operational for the foreseeable future, even with the proposed PS Store shutdown the update server wasn't going to be. As for in-game updates, do you mean hotfixes or something else? If it's hotfixes they should be included with the main updates anyway.

As for in-game updates, do you mean hotfixes or something else? If it's hotfixes they should be included with the main updates anyway.
I am referring to whatever those updates are that the game prompts you with after you get past the normal update screen. I asked about it in a Discord server and apparently, they can still be installed. (I was under the impression they couldn't)

I am referring to whatever those updates are that the game prompts you with after you get past the normal update screen. I asked about it in a Discord server and apparently, they can still be installed. (I was under the impression they couldn't)
I've never noticed these. Are these separate to the second update installation you have to do in-game?

Forgot to respond to this.
Are these separate to the second update installation you have to do in-game?
The 2nd updates are exactly what I am talking about.

Not my photo, but this is what I am referring to.
152651F5-A047-43E7-91AB-E0A6ED2A2638.jpeg

Been told that they can still be installed, but they take a long time since we’ve had so many over the years.

Oh those, I don't think they're server-based so should still work (probably just mass copying or editing of files, or some other things which the PS3 update system can't do itself) although yes they do take a while - those hard drives in the PS3 were never fast, although luckily I haven't had the failed update problem.

If I read the change logs correctly, the bulk of the updates “improve” the online experience - which longer exists. Sure, you get some cars and a garage search feature, but I’m choosing not to gorge myself on the whole cake…. just enjoying a nice slice… LoL

I must admit, I’ve never installed all the updates at once, so I genuinely have no clue how long it’s going to take.
Hours. The time to download the updates, install them and install them again takes a very long time - best to leave the system on overnight and have it waiting for you in the morning.
If I read the change logs correctly, the bulk of the updates “improve” the online experience - which longer exists. Sure, you get some cars and a garage search feature, but I’m choosing not to gorge myself on the whole cake…. just enjoying a nice slice… LoL
It is worth updating. 1.0 is terrible, and later versions added large amounts of cars, tracks, and extra game modes.

Like it doesnt show up any errors but it doesnt save, or maybe it does but it doesnt load in my GT6
When it doesn't load what do you mean? Is the save file unchanged or corrupted?

You will need to run the programme as an administrator, from my experience this lowers the chances of many issues occurring.

Hours. The time to download the updates, install them and install them again takes a very long time - best to leave the system on overnight and have it waiting for you in the morning.

It is worth updating. 1.0 is terrible, and later versions added large amounts of cars, tracks, and extra game modes.
Well, I did finally run all the updates... you are right in that it's worth it... just for Vision GT and the customizable wing!!... and the extra races and a handful of cars... LoL

So while we have a thread for GT5 regarding discussion on garage editors, we do not have one for GT6. And yes, thanks to Razerman, there actually is a save editor for GT6, it’s actually been around for almost 2 years now, but I don’t know if it’s even been shared here yet, so I figured it’s about time we finally get a thread about it.

I am aware we have a modding discussion here for GT6, but that one is primarily about modding the game data, this is about the save data.

Anyways, here’s the aforementioned garage editor for GT6:

Now I must confess, I have not used it much since I don’t play GT6 a whole lot, but it’s worked fine for me the times I have used it. As always though, if you have any issues, be sure to share them here so hopefully, they can be fixed later! :)
Does anyone know how to modify a car in your garage, using the power, suspension, engine etc changers that actually then saves your modified car? Example; Stock car Fiat 500, changing engine and transmission to a McLaren F1. When I try, the Fiat for example stays the same spec and doesn't save - should I only be changing the engine, and not touch anything else? Is there a tick box for the Kiosk I should be checking? Thanks for your help. This is in relation the the GT6 save editor exe program, thank you.

Last edited:
In order to do something like that, you need to be on a certain update, but unfortunately, I don't know what update it was. All I know is hybriding was patched pretty early in GT6's lifespan.

Last edited:
Back