The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #04 (Celebrating the 50th Running of Nürburgring 24h) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 235 comments

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
To Celebrate the 50th Running of the Nürburgring 24 Hours

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Nürburgring. The Green Hell. last months winner @MatskiMonk has set the ultimate task, with focus on the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. Many iconic cars have raced, many cool liveries have been made fan favorites. Which one is yours? I guess we'll find out.. I don't have to say more, let's hear it from the man himself:

"To pay tribute to the legendary circuit, and truly epic annual 24 hour race, for this competition the limitations are as follows; Recreate a livery from any 24 Hour race on the Nordschleife since 1970. It does not have to be on the correct car, but the car should be of a type you would/would have seen racing on the Nordschleife. (The prototypes that ran the 1000km/6 hours don't count!)"

Please read the rules below to make sure you don't miss anything when you post your entry, as ignoring them can get you disqualified.

CARS :
  • GT's (Gr.3, Gr.4), Touring Cars, Cup cars, Tuned road cars, nothing higher than Gr.3 or open wheel.

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY :
  • No limit.

LIVERIES :
  • Replicas, but creative freedom on how they're applied to different cars if required.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
  • None.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
  • Race photos or scapes from the Nürburgring.

USER MADE DECALS :
  • Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following months theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION

• All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • Important! Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES

You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
Mandatory scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5).
Settings:
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure: EV +0.5 to +1.0, if you feel it's a little washed out, adjust accordingly.
Shutter Speed: 1/1 sec.
NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

As written by @Nuschel01 here:

Considering how many users are struggling with this I made some instructions on how to attach images to your posts in the best ways possible.
Ideally these can be applied to all postings, no matter if in the LEC or various photo and livery forums.

Gallery Method 1

Gallery Method 2

Flickr

External Hosting

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

SECOND NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified.

DEADLINE :

June 30th, 2022 (23:59, UTC)

Last edited:
Can I enter 16 cars? :lol:

EDIT: If anyone needs the 2000/2001 number board hit me up :D

EDIT2: Here's a list of all races from 1970-2022 with results and all entrants listed, there are some really obscure cars to be found, especially in the mid 90s to mid 00s. It's in German but you can just drag it through a translator or click the "Rennbericht" (and then scroll down to a link to the "Gesamtergebnis") or the "Mehr..." button to see a full results table.

EDIT3: We only had 2 offenders in LEC03, but I'll still repost it:

Instructions how to post correct entry images:

EDIT4: If you get a like from me, your entry is fine, if you get a hmm from me, it isn't ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I forgot to change end date. :D

I was going to suggest Art Cars again, but I figured it was too early in GT7's life to shoot the LEC dead again :D :D
It sucks I never got to finish my Romero Britto car on time, still haven't finished it :lol:

Last edited:
A replica only LEC...? Right so Krisduv, Nuschel, and Barber win this one, they can figure out the podium positions amongst themselves, next theme please.
And there's me thinking I'm making it easier for lots of people to enter by removing the need for creativity. Everyone's got the same starting point for this... sure some people already have liveries they can submit, but that doesn't guarantee a win! Look at the entry lists for the N24, there's thousands and thousands of liveries on offer, and the LEC rules permit applying them to different cars!

Last time I asked for originality and creativity it hobbled the LEC down to 14 entries, people like doing replica's!

I've edited my 2nd post with a link to all results and entrants from 1970-2022 and added the image attaching instructions again.

Then it's luck for us that you're excluded from this one :lol:
I damn near had a mental breakdown making the OP image! The bonnet stripes are wrong and the Jeepers champagne logos are missing from the side skirts... but I was running our of time...

Would the 50years of nurburgring 24 hours bmw tribute car be ok?

If not i have some other ideas.

p78
Would the 50years of nurburgring 24 hours bmw tribute car be ok?
Do you mean the Big Sniffer?
BMW-M4-GT3-50-Jahre-BMW-M-Schubert-Motorsport-01.jpg
If yes then sure, considering it entered the 2022 N24.

p78
No, this is the car i had in mind
It entered the race as well, so yes :D

EDIT: Hmm I can't find it with that number in the entry list? Was that just a marketing car of some sort?

EDIT2: I checked the wrong year :lol:
Yeah it did the race in 2020, so it's all good :cheers:

Last edited:
I’ve finally decided on which car I’m going to try (with a little twist ;))
Hopefully I can pull it off if not I’ll just have to go back to the drawing board

Cool theme but i suck in creating replicas.
For the moment i can't do anything,but will give it a try when i'm able to do.

One thing i know is that @krisduv excels in it,will be hard to even match him.

PS:is there a general spot on the world wide web where you can find them all or at least the most iconic ones?
wich search input do you give for google images?

Last edited:
PS:is there a general spot on the world wide web where you can find them all or at least the most iconic ones?
wich search input do you give for google images?

Here's a list of all races from 1970-2022 with results and all entrants listed, there are some really obscure cars to be found, especially in the mid 90s to mid 00s. It's in German but you can just drag it through a translator or click the "Rennbericht" (and then scroll down to a link to the "Gesamtergebnis") or the "Mehr..." button to see a full results table.

And then just search for the team name or driver and year (+"24h" or "24h Nürburgring").

Well, looks like I'm the first, so I'll introduce this livery a little: originally I intended to recreate the livery of the N24 Scirocco from GT6, but because of the lack of some decals I had to resort to switch to the 2009 livery. In particular, this one is the car #116 driven by Altfrid Heger, Carlo van Dam, Cheng Congfu and Franck Mailleux, which placed 20th overall and third in its class.

Edit: added download link for the livery.

Last edited:
Back