The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #04 (Celebrating the 50th Running of Nürburgring 24h) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 235 comments
Excuse the off-topic for a moment...

So, mostly out of curiosity, I decided to generate a points table for the GT7 LEC's so far (based on the current F1 points system 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1).

1654791804934.png

Obviously after just 3 competitions there's a lot of tied places in the standings (and also in the points for each round), so it hasn't really spread out yet... (and it is just coincidence that I'm top :D, since I didn't enter the first LEC I didn't think I'd be that high). I'll update this after LEC 4 to see where people are.

Just thought it might incentivise people to enter a little more regularly.

I actually thought about putting together a few statistics about the competitions as well, like @Cytoria did back in GTS.
Maybe we could team up on something? :dopey:

So, mostly out of curiosity, I decided to generate a points table for the GT7 LEC's so far (based on the current F1 points system 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1).

View attachment 1159252

Obviously after just 3 competitions there's a lot of tied places in the standings (and also in the points for each round), so it hasn't really spread out yet... (and it is just coincidence that I'm top :D, since I didn't enter the first LEC I didn't think I'd be that high). I'll update this after LEC 4 to see where people are.

I actually thought about putting together a few statistics about the competitions as well, like @Cytoria did back in GTS.
Maybe this could be added to the LEC Hall Of Fame - a points table which also tallies up number of votes, amount of entries, wins, seconds, thirds, etc. It took me all the way until the final LEC on GT Sport to record a win, so who knows, one day I might turn up on that table!

Where do I find obscure N24 Porsches? N24 fans, any guidance will be appreciated.

I was once a season winner! Actually, I think I was the last one.

I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, but if there's interest and it's not something anyone is doing already, yeah, why not.

Maybe this could be added to the LEC Hall Of Fame - a points table which also tallies up number of votes, amount of entries, wins, seconds, thirds, etc. It took me all the way until the final LEC on GT Sport to record a win, so who knows, one day I might turn up on that table!
The only real time consuming bit at the moment, is linking entries to members. Pasting the Poll results into a spreadsheet can generate most of the stats really easily, but for every entry you want a stat for, you have to go back and see who posted it. Not impossible, maybe worthwhile if it keeps the entries up.

View attachment 1159252

It's definitly working for me. I got a livery ready for this LEC, but it probably won't get a lot of votes. Now I'm considering to do something else :D

One thing, the winner isnt allowed to join the next LEC. So winning a contest isn't always a good thing. Maybe we can concider this as a handicap to keep the standings tighter, or maybe we can give the winners an extra amount of points based on their seasons average. Or we could just be happy that we got someone who wants to update the standings and not bother about these kind of details.... :D

I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, but if there's interest and it's not something anyone is doing already, yeah, why not.
I haven't done anything yet, apart from brainstorming a few things I'd like to gather statistics of :D Maybe we could create a google table and mess around in that a little. It could then also be (partially) linked here for people to see :D

The only real time consuming bit at the moment, is linking entries to members. Pasting the Poll results into a spreadsheet can generate most of the stats really easily, but for every entry you want a stat for, you have to go back and see who posted it. Not impossible, maybe worthwhile if it keeps the entries up.
Yeah that's a bit annoying, but I collect all entries for the poll by "+Quoting" them, pasting it all in the text editor and removing all unnecessary stuff. Keeping the entrant's name in it for the time being isn't too much of an issue.

Where do I find obscure N24 Porsches? N24 fans, any guidance will be appreciated.
For older ones:
There is a facebook group that's quite useful
I stumbled over this one from 2004 a while ago, might be something cool to do:
1654795830264.png

For everything else, the entrant's list I linked on the first page + Flickr/Twitter/Google Images/Facebook are a good starting point.

Last edited:

View attachment 1159252

Ah, this is awesome!

So winning a contest isn't always a good thing. Maybe we can concider this as a handicap to keep the standings tighter, or maybe we can give the winners an extra amount of points based on their seasons average. Or we could just be happy that we got someone who wants to update the standings and not bother about these kind of details....
The handicap of auto-DSQ after a win does indeed make the win worth, at best, 12.5 pts, two P2's in the same time would net you 36 pts... however, in reality, gaming the system to keep yourself in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place is going to be virtually impossible. Plus there's the fame and glory from winning! Which is virtually priceless.

Maybe we could create a google table and mess around in that a little. It could then also be (partially) linked here for people to see
I'll have my people call your people, and we'll do lunch.

My second entry in these competitions and my very first time doing a replica of an existing car.
When searching for an interesting entry I stumbled accross the Mclaren MP4-12C, ran by Gemballa Racing which entered in the 2012 edition of the 24H.
It crashed out of the race unfortunately in a very hard accident, which can be seen on YouTube.

The MP4-12C isn't in the game so I had to create the livery on the 650S GT3, so it's not 100% accurate but I did my best.
Also the Gemballa symbol on the hood is created with a bit of imagination because it was not converted into an SVG when requested, which I understand because that signature is very hard to do.

Thanks anyway to the SVG creators, without their help I would not have been able to make it as you see here.

Last edited:
If possible, could you change your mandatory photos to clean car ones, @dizco?
Of course i could, but i don't want to. I chose this car, because of mercedes first win at N24. The livery is not stunning and pretty simple. But the car was preserved exyctly like this, just because it's history. If you want to take a look, the car stands in the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart - just as it drove over the finish line. It has it's scars and all the track-dirt still on it.

Last edited:
Of course i could, but i don't want to. I chose this car, because of mercedes first win at N24. The livery is not stunning and pretty simple. But the car was preserved exyctly like this, just because it's history. If you want to take a look, the car stands in the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart - just as it drove over the finish line. It has it's scars and all the track-dirt still on it.
I think he meant the photo effects you add in scapes that are not part of the livery per se

But they're not part of your livery work if they're just the added scapes scratches and dirt. And if they are, the rules state:
ENTRY PRESENTATION

• [...]
  • No post-game editing, nor any effects added to the main pictures from the in-game camera.
  • [...]

You could always use them as bonus shots tho.

Last edited:
But they're not part of your livery work if they're just the added scapes scratches and dirt. And if they are, the rules state:

You could always use them as bonus shots tho.
Ok, i get it. I'll replace the pictres and add one of them as a bonus pic.

View attachment 1159252

Yikes. I know I missed a round but didn’t realise I was having a HAAS season

The Sport Auto NSX from 2004, an actual ex-JGTC NSX that was run on the 'Ring. This one turned out to be more challenging than expected due to the lack of high-resolution photos. Ended up using screenshots of a replica someone made in GT Sport that was linked to me in one of the threads here, doing my best to try to make it more accurate, swapping some decals around due to the livery's asymmetrical nature and adding some that were missing. Also did my best to try to make the now painted on headlights on this generation of JGTC NSX look like glass/acrylic using multiple translucent layers and a (not even visible in the photo) false shadow under where the number plate goes over the light.

Download here.

The Sport Auto NSX from 2004, an actual ex-JGTC NSX that was run on the 'Ring. This one turned out to be more challenging than expected due to the lack of high-resolution photos. Ended up using screenshots of a replica someone made in GT Sport that was linked to me in one of the threads here, doing my best to try to make it more accurate, swapping some decals around due to the livery's asymmetrical nature and adding some that were missing. Also did my best to try to make the now painted on headlights on this generation of JGTC NSX look like glass/acrylic using multiple translucent layers and a (not even visible in the photo) false shadow under where the number plate goes over the light.

Download here.
2004 N24 coverage has some shots of it in action. DTM Opels and Audis ran too.
What a year

Honda NSX Rear.jpg
Honda NSX Wet.jpg
Honda NSX N24.jpg

Last edited:

Download here.
I didn't think we were allowed to use anything above Gr.3 for this competition?

Tbf there is a case that can be made about 2008 gr.2 cars, they are not as fast as the other ones and their models have been used in the actual N24 like the NSX above (although in 2004 rather than 2008), I think, but overall yeah, it was said at most gr.3 cars.

Yeah, I'll allow it. @pinakaguwaping

The purpose of setting max to be Gr.3 was because it translates directly to SP9 which is the top class at the N24 these days... however, it is in the spirit of the theme, as I did say it should be a type you would/would have seen racing on the Nordschleife - and very clearly, you would have seen this racing on the Nordschleife.
Ah okay, that opens up my options a little more. Good to know! I didn't want @pinakaguwaping entry to be D/Q'd but wanted clarity on the rule. :cheers:

Yeah, I'll allow it. @pinakaguwaping

The purpose of setting max to be Gr.3 was because it translates directly to SP9 which is the top class at the N24 these days... however, it is in the spirit of the theme, as I did say it should be a type you would/would have seen racing on the Nordschleife - and very clearly, you would have seen this racing on the Nordschleife.
Awesome.

Back