The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #04 (Celebrating the 50th Running of Nürburgring 24h) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 235 comments
This is great. I wanted to make the more popular #76 car but the wireframe was making me go insane and I was running out of skill, time, and patience.
Thank you! I started looking at it and decided it would cause me too many headaches before the deadline, so I opted for this version. Arguably, I think it's the better looking livery - much more colourful and interesting - but I'm weird like that!

well hello all, my first entry in this competition and first-ever gt planet post even though I made this account several years ago

This is a recreation of the Kuepper racing Audi A8 4.2 FSI that competed in the 2010 24h race. this car wasn't a GT3 car but rather a very mildly modified Audi r8 road car. It competed in sp8 class and finished 92nd overall. I initially had one IRL picture of the car but luckily i found a gallery of the Minichamps 1/48 scale model they made of it

I tried to use as many correct decals as possible but ended up using 4 or 5 in-game replacements as i couldn't find the right svg images for some sponsor logos. likewise, the wheels and spoiler are as close as I could get to the irl bodykit. nevertheless, I'm happy with the result and hope you people are too.

Last edited:
well hello all, my first entry in this competition and first-ever gt planet post even though I made this account several years ago

This is a recreation of the Kuepper racing Audi A8 4.2 FSI that competed in the 2010 24h race. this car wasn't a GT3 car but rather a very mildly modified Audi r8 road car. It competed in sp8 class and finished 92nd overall. I initially had one IRL picture of the car but luckily i found a gallery of the Minichamps 1/48 scale model they made of it

I tried to use as many correct decals as possible but ended up using 4 or 5 in-game replacements as i couldn't find the right svg images for some sponsor logos. likewise, the wheels and spoiler are as close as I could get to the irl bodykit. nevertheless, I'm happy with the result and hope you people are too.

I find scale models to be some of the best reference material, including aftermarket decal sheets. Nice job.

well hello all
Hello :cheers:

Welcome to GTP and the LEC :gtpflag:

If you got any issues with finding correct decals or missing them in GT7 just reach out in these two threads, people will happily aid you with everything :)

:cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

Schumann Motorsport Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Nürburgring 24h 2013
Class: SP8
Result: DNF

PS5 Raytracing

View attachment 1167490
View attachment 1167491

Hey guys, this is my Entry for this competition.
Eventhough I won't stand a chance, as I choose an pretty unknown and unpopular Car, I just had to do it.
I just love the Genesis Coupe and I also have love for the Underdogs.
So for me it's an absolute no-brainer, to do this car 😁

I just love the design and the uniqueness. I absolutely fell in love with the sound / car when I saw it in 2012 and 2013.
Now I even own a Genesis Coupe in reallife. And it's a limited (50 cars) special Nürburgring / Schumann Motorsport Edition.

I love it how much inpact Motorsport and Cars have in your life.

Have fun guys and stay healthy

Last edited:

This is a great entry, but please check again how to correctly attach images to your post so they won't show up in the poll like in the quote above :)
The pics are also way too big.

Last edited:
@Nuschel01 updated my final entry post, thank you for all your efforts :cheers:

Also a link to the livery:
997 Kurt Ecke 2015

found this too from 2017:
Hmm, where will I find that logo…

Ran a race at the weekend
Results of the GTPLANET LEC4 10 minutes of Nurburgring:

(plus 5 minutes waiting for each livery to apply :rolleyes:, is this faster on a PS5? (asked my inner shopping therapist))

I ran out of/didn’t have cars for some of the LEC liveries, 997s under-represented in particular; I’ve got 2 but I want to keep the other narrow (and wide is expensive!) I did apply some non-LEC liveries on cars I did have, which is how Nuscel01 entered 4 times and Krisduv made the roster too.

…and before I forget again, the real Kurt Ecke car:

Right, engines to harvest, laters

Last edited:
Ran a race at the weekend
I have a suggestion to @syntex123 @Nuschel01 @MatskiMonk. This photo ^ gave me an idea

After every round you (or anyone willing) can take a scapes photo of all entrants' liveries in 1 big group photo after deadline. And all these photos would be put in a thread as a sort of yearbook-style album for everyone to see and enjoy :D

The only caveat is that everyone needs to publish their liveries :confused:
If this is not possible then just take photos of the ones who published theirs

Just thought it would be a cool idea, especially when people start looking back on previous competitions ;)

It's gonna be a DNF from me. Despite putting in a lot of effort the past few days making all of logo's required for my entry, (which all uploaded fine to the GT7 website), when i went to open and use them in game, crucial bits of about 30% of all my logos. were missing. It really sucks, but having taken a look at @SouperK 's pictures above, my idea looks like it's already been done by someone called Tetutotte (albeit a different variation).

This is a great entry, but please check again how to correctly attach images to your post so they won't show up in the poll like in the quote above :)
The pics are also way too big.

Thank you very much!
Still new to it and that I online have a mobile device right now doesn't help either.

Is it better now?

I just stumbled into this thread and realise I have the 1970 winner livery in another model of the same brand. Would it be acceptable to post tomorrow? I can't get to my PS4 now
Also, do I have to have the modern numberplate?

Last edited:
This photo ^ gave me an idea
Feel free to do that :D There are a few scapes that have space for around 20 cars, but GT's limit to only allow 3 per pic obviously doesn't help with making it easy. Taking this photo took me around 1.5h:
N24 2000.png

I just stumbled into this thread and realise I have the 1970 winner livery in another model of the same brand. Would it be acceptable to post tomorrow? I can't get to my PS4 now
Also, do I have to have the modern numberplate?
The deadline is tonight unfortunately, the poll is basically ready to be published in around two hours. Sorry :(

Feel free to do that :D There are a few scapes that have space for around 20 cars, but GT's limit to only allow 3 per pic obviously doesn't help with making it easy. Taking this photo took me around 1.5h:

The deadline is tonight unfortunately, the poll is basically ready to be published in around two hours. Sorry :(
Absolutely no problem. I am to blaim, not you.

I'll keep a better eye out

And that's a wrap on LEC 04.

Thank you to everyone who came out and participated and good luck for the poll! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back