The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #04 (Celebrating the 50th Running of Nürburgring 24h) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 235 comments
Kurt Ecke runs a track day experience company which I believe is based at the Nurburgring, and the motorsport team have run in the N24 on a number of occasion, this one from 2015. I love vintage liveries, but wanted to do something more modern this time, in the end it was kind of a throwback to the Porsche hippy liveries.

I’m hoping to update a small detail before I share the livery, but I need a little help please?
You can see both in the bonus shot, I made an attempt at the Maier based on their website but any good images would be much appreciated.
For the Scrutineer card (?), it’s sketched in but I need decal space so I’m going to knock up a decal, here are the best images I could find, again a better image would be great:

My guess is the castle logo top left, 3 rows of text beside it (what could they be?) maybe Nurburgring Nordschliefe in red and the year in black, then the text on the circles which I’m curious about but not planning on doing, my OCD isn’t THAT bad :) If it is the castle and you have an .svg I would be very grateful. I’m pretty sure the logo is vectorised somewhere but I can’t find it

The thought occurred that it might be a vote magnet fun to update the signatures on the back, so if you’d like your signature in place of Scarlet Johanson or a golden boot winner, and have the inclination and know-how… I doubt anyone can be arsed tbh, it’s just for my own amusement.

you can just about see them in my bonus shot, here’s the real thing

Of course a real vote magnet would be a boobs beemer, I’ve started some decals so watch this space! I also really like the Motörhead one, and this guy has some great high def shots of German motorsport events, if you like trains too it’s even better
Photo stream here:Flickr, albums of various events from 2013 onwards, no boobs though :(

I like the colours on the Getspeed from 2015

Will you make the getspeed?

Will you make the getspeed?
Not if you do :) I’d like to, it looks within my capabilities, but tbh I have a backlog of liveries I should finish, I realise I probably won’t get around to it so it was a partial nudge for someone else

@SouperK @MatskiMonk I found a decent picture of it:
20181014_130146.1920x1080-aspect.jpg

The text says "Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring" with its logo, which is actually something for the VLN/NLS races I think :confused:

N24 entries usually just get that red circle sticker on the windshield banner to indicate that they passed scrutineering.

Last edited:
@SouperK @MatskiMonk I found a decent picture of it:
20181014_130146.1920x1080-aspect.jpg

The text says "Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring" with its logo, which is actually something for the VLN/NLS races I think :confused:

N24 entries usually just get that red circle sticker on the windshield banner to indicate that they passed scrutineering.
Wunderbar! I could speculate about a series of races around the N24 weekend, but this car appears to have been checked 7 out of 9 times, which seems more like a season? I am woefully ignorant of many race series, I watch the things that appear on UK TV, I wish the N24 got the same coverage as LeMans

Thanks guys for helping :gtpflag::cheers:

Last edited:
which seems more like a season
Yep, the 2018 VLN/NLS season consisted of 9 races, probably you got one sticker before training/quali and another before the race.
  1. 24.03.2018: 64. ADAC Westfalenfahrt - 4h
  2. 07.04.2018: 43. DMV 4-Stunden-Rennen - 4h
  3. 23.06.2018: 60. ADAC ACAS H&R-Cup - 4h
  4. 07.07.2018: 49. Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy - 4h
  5. 18.08.2018: ROWE 6 Stunden ADAC Ruhr-Pokal-Rennen - 6h
  6. 01.09.2018: 41. RCM DMV Grenzlandrennen - 4h
  7. 22.09.2018: 58. ADAC Reinoldus-Langstreckenrennen - 4h
  8. 06.10.2018: 50. ADAC Barbarossapreis - 4h
  9. 20.10.2018: 43. DMV Münsterlandpokal - 4h
Crucially, the N24 is not part of the championship.

Last edited:
Not if you do :) I’d like to, it looks within my capabilities, but tbh I have a backlog of liveries I should finish, I realise I probably won’t get around to it so it was a partial nudge for someone else
I know the feeling I have a lot of unfinished work too.. I'll leave you this one then ;)

FINAL ENTRY
Toyota Gazoo Racing Lexus RC 2017
SP3T Class / Result: 2nd (25th overall)

PS4 Base

FINAL ENTRY
Toyota Gazoo Racing Lexus RC 2017
SP3T Class / Result: 2nd (25th overall)
I happen to have lots of great candidate liveries for this category and this one ended up being my pick after an exstensive round of eliminating :dunce:. Livery made on the Lexus RC F Gr.4 and added artificial scoops, vents, and use-marks to emulate to be as realistic as possible.

Livery Download (without the use marks/scratches)
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Lexus RC '17 Livery

I can release this exact one with scratches if there is support for it. Enjoy and good luck to all participants :cheers:

EDIT:
nurburgring_teams-lexus_rc.jpg
nurburgring_teams-lexus_rc_170525.jpg

Last edited:
I know the feeling I have a lot of unfinished work too.. I'll leave you this one then ;)
Don’t worry about me, I’d be happy to see anyone make the livery; I should think more before I post, I meant it would be great to see what you made of it, but it came out as ‘if you made the livery it would be superfluous for me to’, which was meant as a compliment but could be read otherwise :)

Don’t worry about me, I’d be happy to see anyone make the livery; I should think more before I post, I meant it would be great to see what you made of it, but it came out as ‘if you made the livery it would be superfluous for me to’, which was meant as a compliment but could be read otherwise :)
We're on the same page :)

It's almost only 997s coming in now :lol:
Gotta give the people what they want :)

Now I just need to engineer events so that I stay alone in 42nd place indefinitely on the leaderboard, HHGTTG fan that I am.

Here’s a link to the livery, if anyone is interested:

Last edited:
I've reworked all sponsor decals on my entry to incorporate wear and tear directly in the SVGs, thus saving layers to squeeze in more details. How do I go about updating my entry? It states in OP that you are only allowed once to change your entry and I have already edited my entry post with updated pictures before. So is it even ok to do a final update and do I just delete the post's whole content, then create a separate, new entry post?

Just edit it, you're not really changing your entry (imho) and that rule mainly exists to prevent people from swapping entries every day because they can't decide.

What I just like to see from everyone who edits their post, be it other photos or a totally new livery, to please say it so I'm made aware of it. But I think that's in the rules anyway :scared:
I've started gathering entries in real time, so if something is updated a week after without putting a notice in here it won't be in the poll.

Last edited:
Just edit it, you're not really changing your entry (imho) and that rule mainly exists to prevent people from swapping entries every day because they can't decide.

What I just like to see from everyone who edits their post, be it other photos or a totally new livery, to please say it so I'm made aware of it. But I think that's in the rules anyway :scared:
I've started gathering entries in real time, so if something is updated a week after without putting a notice in here it won't be in the poll.
For what it’s worth then, my entry is the 2010 Haribo Manthey, which is the No 88 with the Red Mirrors and the Haribo Bears face on the rear

Last edited:
[…] if something is updated a week after without putting a notice in here it won't be in the poll.
FINAL ENTRY

2010 Mamerow Racing #36
Class: SP9 GT3 / Result: DNF

PS5 Raytracing
FYI, I have edited my entry to clarify platform/render mode.

Thanks to @Nuschel01 @Raphaele i was able to finally finish my livery. Will post the pics tomorrow.

For my entry i chose the special 24H Nurburgring BMW celebrating it's first overall victory. This livery was originally on a BMW M2 CS Racing Media Car.
The blue and white livery pays homage to the first winning car in 1970 and is complemented by present-day BMW M Motorsport design elements on the bonnet.

Last edited:

updated :)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

2011 Need For Speed Team Schubert BMW Z4 #77

PS4 Standard
For my entry I decided to go for the ill-fated #77 car of Need For Speed Team Schubert, piloted by Anders Buchardt, John Mayes, Peter Posavac, and Stian Sorlie. After putting themselves 35th on the grid with an 8:45.270 qualifying time, they were sadly taken out of contention by a SEAT Leon from a lower class (as I discovered while watching this clip about Kaz taking on the N24 in the GTR for the first time).

I chose to go for the lowest-ranked of the three Need For Speed Team Schubert cars as I always like to support the underdogs and give recognition to the less-recognised. Besides, this is also more colourful than the more iconic Need For Speed Z4 #76, so I felt like it would make a nice change from the monochrome style. FYI, completely asymmetric livery designs like this are very time-consuming and mind-numbing. It took me ages to get the base colour layout correct! (But now I have it laid out correctly I can make the entire team by switching some colours and paint base layers around!)

Thanks to the forum members who helped me with the decals on this one (you know who you are). Couldn't have made it without you guys!

Style shared here. :cheers:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

2011 Need For Speed Team Schubert BMW Z4 #77

PS4 Standard

Edited to replace second bonus pic.
This is great. I wanted to make the more popular #76 car but the wireframe was making me go insane and I was running out of skill, time, and patience.

Back