The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #04 (Celebrating the 50th Running of Nürburgring 24h) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 235 comments
I need to have a think about an entry for this. My last train of thought got derailed, so I'm back to the drawing board - don't want to fall off the leaderboard!

Edit: found something. Research and decal hunting in progress.

Last edited:
No Manta so far is frankly, mind boggling.
Maybe because there's no cars that closely match or directly relate to the old Manta? I personally can't think of a car that makes a logical choice to represent Opel nor has a body shape that matches without being a brand oddity.

Someone had to do this iconic livery.
The Mann Filter Mamba.
Mercedes-AMG Team Mann Filter
#48 Mercedes-AMG GT3
2018 Nürburgring 24h
Finished Overall 17.
Drivers: Christian Hohenadel · Indy Dontje · Maximilian Götz · Renger van der Zande
I gave up yesterday on the 2022 mamba..

343A189C-ACC6-435E-A067-3E0D73E96D6A.jpeg

There's always help available in that regard ;)
Cheers man, i indeed may need the help. I'm just useless at making SVG's. I've done a few so far and they look okay from a distance, but when zoomed in, they don't look so good.

After much deliberation of what car to put it on, I decided to go with the E30 M3. :lol:
Twin headlights: check.
Box arches: check. (funnily enough, was watching a YT vid of an interview with the guy who owns the car. I don't know 100% whether the subtitle translation was correct, but it appears he was saying that the front arches are molded from E30 M3 ones, because the original arches were like parachutes).
And that's about all it has in common.

I did play around with the Skyline KPGC10, as well as the S13 Silvia. And also considered the AE86 Levin, but went BMW in the end.
Now i'm thinking whether it would look better on the 73 CSL.

Cheers man, i indeed may need the help. I'm just useless at making SVG's. I've done a few so far and they look okay from a distance, but when zoomed in, they don't look so good.
Whatever decals you need help with or just need in better quality don't hesitate to reach out here or in the SVG request thread, I'm sure someone can lead you to good quality decals either way.

But now we gotta see how to get more people to enter this one, 2/3 are over and we're at a measly 20 entries so far. Where are all the classic ring liveries? The Manta, Live-Strip BMWs (:lol:), the Vipers, Grello, bazillions of M3 E30s or whatever else tried to do survive the race twice around the clock? :D

This, for some reason, has been a very tough prompt for me. I'm trying to find the Venn diagram of something I like + something impressive enough + something I can have atleast a little artistic liberty with + reference photos.

I have a couple leads though. Expect something in the 11th hour :D

I was able to add some sticker and saving after every one.
However i haven't been able to to finish it, since my game keeps freezing, both wired and wifi connected.
Only the left side remains to be finished.

Hopefully things go smoother after todays update.

I have some driver name decals to make today, and possibly a decal or two to identify/source - then I'm done. Entry to be posted in due course, should get in there just before the deadline!

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 - Base
Kurt Ecke runs a track day experience company which I believe is based at the Nurburgring, and the motorsport team have run in the N24 on a number of occasion, this one from 2015. I love vintage liveries, but wanted to do something more modern this time, in the end it was kind of a throwback to the Porsche hippy liveries.

I’m hoping to update a small detail before I share the livery, but I need a little help please?
You can see both in the bonus shot, I made an attempt at the Maier based on their website but any good images would be much appreciated.
For the Scrutineer card (?), it’s sketched in but I need decal space so I’m going to knock up a decal, here are the best images I could find, again a better image would be great:

My guess is the castle logo top left, 3 rows of text beside it (what could they be?) maybe Nurburgring Nordschliefe in red and the year in black, then the text on the circles which I’m curious about but not planning on doing, my OCD isn’t THAT bad :) If it is the castle and you have an .svg I would be very grateful. I’m pretty sure the logo is vectorised somewhere but I can’t find it

The thought occurred that it might be a vote magnet fun to update the signatures on the back, so if you’d like your signature in place of Scarlet Johanson or a golden boot winner, and have the inclination and know-how… I doubt anyone can be arsed tbh, it’s just for my own amusement.

you can just about see them in my bonus shot, here’s the real thing

Of course a real vote magnet would be a boobs beemer, I’ve started some decals so watch this space! I also really like the Motörhead one, and this guy has some great high def shots of German motorsport events, if you like trains too it’s even better
Photo stream here:Flickr, albums of various events from 2013 onwards, no boobs though :(

I like the colours on the Getspeed from 2015

Link to the livery

Last edited:
Of course a real vote magnet would be a boobs beemer, I’ve started some decals so watch this space! I also really like the Motörhead one, and this guy has some great high def shots of German motorsport events, if you like trains too it’s even better
I was going to attempt that for the Z4, but couldn't fathom how to make the decal (or even if the pros on here could do it!) so abandoned that idea... but if you do make the one from the 130i GTR I'd be keen to grab that off you for a Z4-based "replica".

I was going to attempt that for the Z4, but couldn't fathom how to make the decal (or even if the pros on here could do it!) so abandoned that idea... but if you do make the one from the 130i GTR I'd be keen to grab that off you for a Z4-based "replica".
Happy to share :)

*but it turns out this scanning malarkey is more difficult than my post may have implied

Back