The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #05 (Touring Car Revival) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 274 comments
Is this not allowed? :confused:
I think a photo of the original should only be in the reply comments below (where you can explain motivation, design ideas, etc.) but I may have that wrong. I think in the description of bonus pics that's more if you can recreate the original livery in the game, then take a scapes pic with both the original and your creation... but again, I may have that wrong.

@Nuschel01 care to weigh in??

Bonus pics are for photos from the game only, everything else (read: i.e. reference photos of real life cars) belong in a new reply.
So I'd advise you to replace the second image with another one from the actual car, otherwise only one bonus pic will go in the poll :D

PS: That livery is now on my Atenza :dopey:

FINAL ENTRY

Jagermeister BMW M4 GT4 - Grunge Edition

PS4 Standard
Note: this may offend the purists!

I read this brief as an opportunity to take an old classic and recreate it with some creative freedom. I've always liked taking something iconic and giving it a tortured, weathered, and stressed out look (AKA "grunge" style). This brief gave me the chance to take the Jagermeister E30 M3 from 90s DTM days and turn the design on its head. Metallic orange base with semi-gloss decals, masses of black "torched" areas with scratches, scrapes, splotches and streaks all over.

It's not going to please everyone, but I had a ton of fun making it and it sure as hell stands out on the circuit and in the pits!

Link.

Last edited:
80s/90s and (early/mid) 00s are fine. It's hard to pin down an exact year but imho there is some kind of change noticeable in how liveries look in the mid 00s and that's where I'd draw the line. The STai Altezza clearly is a proper (now-classic) touring car.
Would a 2007 Super Taikyu livery, be pushing it? (question to both you @Nuschel01 & @Racerx_34)

I'm also working on a 2002 Super Taikyu livery so hope that's within the rules.
I imagine it should be fine, as my initial final entry (hopefully place holder), is also a Super Taikyu livery from 2002, and it was accepted to be within the rules. 👍

That's one of my choices taken :lol:👍.

Joking aside, awesome job. I have a version of this made for the Gr.4 Atenza as well. A brilliantly loud livery, so indicative of the era. Shame that 323F didn't become the 1995 BTCC entry it was planned to be, but funding dried up.

Couldn't decide whether to enter that livery or one of the other 90s era designs I have for it. Now my decision has been made easier :cheers:. Think I'll try and get my entry sorted tomorrow, great theme this month.

First come first serve :lol:
Thought nothing stops you from entering the same livery inspiration again, just with your twist added ;)
Oh absolutely, it's my fault for dawdling about with my liveries, all spoilt for choice :lol: .

Besides, now that I've thought about it, I'm going with my other choice now anyway. @RealJaySee has done an awesome job with that one, plus the extra brownie points for the obscurity of livery :D.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, it's my fault for dawdling about with my liveries, all spoilt for choice :lol: .

Besides, now that I've thought about it, I'm going with my other choice now anyway. @RealJaySee has done an awesome job with that one, plus the extra brownie points for the obscurity of livery :D.
Daaamn sorry bro :D I couldnt find more than 3 pictures of this car on google, so I thought I'd be safe here.... :D I wouldn't mind if you entered with your version though!

Daaamn sorry bro :D I couldnt find more than 3 pictures of this car on google, so I thought I'd be safe here.... :D I wouldn't mind if you entered with your version though!
No worries! Great livery to pick, so fair play.

Yea that's the issue with older more obscure liveries, it's finding half decent photos. Even more so when that 323f was only used for one race in that guise :lol: .

Yea that's the issue with older more obscure liveries, it's finding half decent photos. Even more so when that 323f was only used for one race in that guise :lol: .
I had a similar problem with my livery, I designed mine from pics of a slot car version and only found one pic of the actual car after I’d finished making it

I had a similar problem with my livery
Indeed quite a tricky one to find pictures of, but I've found a few with the correct search terms :lol:
There's a 1/18 scale model as well :D I hope we get the Calibra back at some point :dopey:

Back