The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #05 (Touring Car Revival) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 274 comments
The simplest way I found was to share the picture so you can go to the website to view it. On my phone I get the option to download it, upper right of screen when viewing your scape. Use that to upload to here, use @Nuschel01 ’s instructions at the beginning of each contest. Follow the link for gallery method.
Hopefully good now.. I apologize for my confusion 😔

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 base

Based on the 1995 JGTC Kyoto Kintetsu AIWA Racing Project S13 driven by Kunio Date and Akira Ishikawa. I chose this livery because I'm a huge fan of 80s/90s JGTC cars and especially the S chassis. Usually not a fan of too colourful liveries, but this one always caught my eye for the bold NASCAR look and popping colors.

some facebook post

Nismo twitter on the original car

Link to GT7 Livery (Fluorescent version here)

Last edited:
Final Entry

The 1990 Bathurst winning Commodore of Grice & Percy got my attention for this challenge. I’ve adapted it to fit on the much newer shell of the Corvette GR4, and updated the sponsors to their modern versions.

Like many 90’s liveries it’s not crazy complicated but I’ve always thought it’s a striking design. :)

Livery link

D274D994-06EF-4DEB-A360-FA7FBA56274D.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to have to bow out of this month’s theme. Just not feeling the inspiration and when I did it just wasn’t going to work the way I would want it to. Doesn’t help that I also poorly managed my time and am going to be away almost all next week.
Going to try to give the new theme a shot since I really do want to get back into making liveries but just unfortunately won’t be this time. :indiff::indiff:

FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Raytracing
A modern version of the iconic BMW Original/Genuine Parts/Tiele liveries.

This particular version takes the ETCC 635CSi livery as its base, but updates the concept (and obviously the parts) for the F82 M4, and more contemporary BMW markings.

I chose DTM Trophy since it's both GT4, and kinda Touring car-ish... and I put Seb Priaulx as the driver, just because... It would have been nice if he'd been a BMW Junior.

edit: The inspiration car at Goodwood this year...

I only post it because the later cars had shaded parts, and I didn't want anyone thinking I just couldn't be bothered to do that.

edit 2: Thanks Nuschel for sorting out that faux pas!

edit 3: Shared...

Last edited:
A modern version of the iconic BMW Original/Genuine Parts/Tiele liveries.

This particular version takes the ETCC 635CSi livery as its base, but updates the concept (and obviously the parts) for the F82 M4, and more contemporary BMW markings.

I chose DTM Trophy since it's both GT4, and kinda Touring car-ish... and I put Seb Priaulx as the driver, just because... It would have been nice if he'd been a BMW Junior.

edit: The inspiration car at Goodwood this year...

I only post it because the later cars had shaded parts, and I didn't want anyone thinking I just couldn't be bothered to do that.
I hate to think about the amount of work that must have gone into achieving that level of detail. I’ve gotta say, it’s come out fantastic and will definitely be getting a vote from me.

Credit where it’s due, amazing work :bowdown:

I hate to think about the amount of work that must have gone into achieving that level of detail. I’ve gotta say, it’s come out fantastic and will definitely be getting a vote from me.

Credit where it’s due, amazing work :bowdown:

Ta.

I think it was only something like 50 custom decals in the end, which is about half what I thought it would be. I did have to re-upload quite a few whilst experimenting with line thicknesses though.

FINAL ENTRY

Tictac Tauber-Team BMW M4
- PS4 base -

Being in the mood for something sweet for a while, I stumbled across an iconic DTM livery. In 1991, the DTM saw the (not so successful) Tictac Tauber-Team with a sort of sweet livery on a BMW M3. To give the BMW M4 Gr.4 a chance I adopted the design for DTM Trophy series just like "BMW Master" @MatskiMonk smartly did.

While in the 1990ies Tictacs were available as “whites only”, nowadays we also have “pellets of colour”: The Tictac Fruity Mix. I love the idea to have Allen Berg jr. as driver, the (presumable) son of Allen Berg from Canada who drove the original E30 then.
1200x776.jpg

That's sweet @Raphaele (excuse the pun)
Did you make the individual Tic Tacs?
I have an all white Tic Tac drift car, so maybe putting some colour in it would be a nice addition.

Nice one 👍

Reminds me a lot of one of my favourite GTS liveries:
@Nuschel01 asked me to do a Gr.4 version of my Rain-X Lamborghini from the LEC#03...

I've kept the main clues and the colours, but I've adjusted the design to the more angular shape of the Gr.4. It is not shared yet, so if you see some tweaks to do, let me know !
Please bring it back to GT7 for me, @Cytoria :embarrassed:

@Nuschel01 I reuploaded my entry photos to correct a mistake, and added bonus pics… in case you have already copied the entry.

---

I put together this Lamborghini Huracan based off the 1994 JGTC JLOC Countach. I've been wanting to do a Rain-x livery and also use the color changing paint, so this was the perfect excuse for both. I tried taking racing shots from a rainy race at Fuji (bonus pic) which were a mixed bag, but got a couple good ones.

Should have submitted earlier tho… gonna be tough following the Tic Tac car :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like my first initial submission will be my final entry. I've tried in vain to finish what i'm working on and would like to submit, but i'd need at least another 24 hours to complete it i feel. Although i'm really disappointed in myself for poor time management, i'm still glad i've actually got an entry in for this one, even if it's a bit crap compared to the rest.

Looks like my first initial submission will be my final entry. I've tried in vain to finish what i'm working on and would like to submit, but i'd need at least another 24 hours to complete it i feel. Although i'm really disappointed in myself for poor time management, i'm still glad i've actually got an entry in for this one, even if it's a bit crap compared to the rest.

Looks fine to me Nessy. You never know, what you're working on now could be great for the next comp!

Back