The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #08 (Dead Brand Rising) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 135 comments
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 PRO

I had a few brands i was thinking about doing, but I was having trouble getting anything going. I finally landed on Billy Beer, not even from my list. I was searching dead brands from my early years and I came across this. I found humor in Billy’s grift, the label calls him an “all-time great beer drinker”. I thought, “perfect, and I’ll throw it on a dead brand car for the multiplier.” I tried to closely model a typical nascar livery from the era, but felt it needed more hood design than was usual. @Puca-4LD made me a very nice logo, so I wanted to use it more prominently than the one I made for the bottle. Very fun theme!

Last edited:
I had a really hard time choosing a "Dead Brand" for this, which is a bit ironic, seeing as I thought of the theme :lol:
I originally went for a Scion GR Yaris drift car (Sponsored by Vine) but I ended up deciding to go a bit more retro.

Very few brands died in more spectacular fashion than Enron, so here we are!

My inspiration for this design was a late 90's sponsorship of a Le Mans racer.
I played with the idea on a few cars, but the colours and logo really flowed well with the 911.
One of the hardest parts was holding myself back. I tend to overdo liveries, and keep adding more detail, but I wanted to keep this simple and 90's, to really match the brand.

This ended up being a pretty quick livery to put together, but I am super happy with how it's turned out! :D
Ha! My Enron liveried Tesla is now also dead
Going to see if I can think of something else

Ha! My Enron liveried Tesla is now also dead
Going to see if I can think of something else
There’s no rule to say you can’t repeat a sponsor! If it’s on a Tesla, I’m sure it’s a totally different style livery to my late Nineties LM Porsche.

So, Dead brands rising.

I found the ideal company.:lol: Super Club, a Belgian based company of home videos rental services.

Embezzlement, Fraud, Forgery... this company did it all. Which resulted in two firms going bust.
Since this all happened end of the 80's, and the criminal prosecution started early 90's i decided to go with a RX7 FC.

Last edited:
Fry's Electronics was one of the last big box electric stores, with 30 locations until it's closure in the fall of 2021. One of my most memorable purchases was my Thrustmaster T300 which I still use today.

Last edited:
If a company changes it's name,is it allowed to use the original name?
Like Belgacom has changed it's name into proximus?

Last edited:
FINAL ENTERY

PS5 Raytracing

Long time no see!

Nacional, as most of you know, was a traditional Senna sponsor. Nacional, which actually was far from being a nationwide finantial institution, was a Brazilian bank that went bankrupt in the late 1990s.

The car is a creation imagining Nacional sponsoring an all Brazilian crew for the 1995 Le Mans: there are some other Brazilian companies displayed in the car, one of them also dead.

The design tries to emulate what was common back in the day, the only thing I did avoid doing was using the original color of each sponsor, since the thing would look way uglier than already is. Not my best effort, but it was what was possible with the little time I have available for GT these days.

Last edited:
Pointless little piece of trivia: Fry's Electronics was soo big that they managed to afford a Boeing 747SP.
adda5a6e50b49eb570b0fc95329992a9.jpg

This image is pretty much ingrained into my brain.

Last edited:
I chose the long dead Pan American World Airways… Pan Am. Their glory days aligned pretty well with the 1968 Alpine A220, so this is a throwback endurance racer design. The A220 is a weird car to work on with strange proportions. I haven't done any old cars, so this was a fun challenge.

Crap... I was going to do a Pan Am car, but couldn't decide what car to use. We don't have to keep it period correct to the brand, do we?

edit: Nevermind. I took another look at the prompt.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
24h Lehmans Ford GT

24h Lehmans Ford GT ’06

For 158 years Lehman Brothers used to be a strong brand in financial investment. Before bankruptcy in 2008 many people thought their capital was in good company. Those decades might have been the Golden Age of this company, so I chose a golden paint for an American sports car of 2006 sponsored by Lehman Brothers. Of course my idea has a sarcastic note, but hey, it’s just for fun and entertainment. Hope you like it.

I've also gone for an airline company that went out of business in 2001: Trans World Airlines which existed from 1930 to 2001.
The number of the car is a reference to its final bankruptcy in '01 and then it was acquired by American Airlines.

I've tried to make something that could easily enter the DTM championship back in the days working with primarily red and then black for all the other sponsors that are not TWA itself. And back in the days it were the simple livery designs that are now iconic so I think this might have worked if it would have existed.

Back