The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #08 (Dead Brand Rising) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 135 comments
Livery Link

When I originally made this, I styled it in a near identical way to the Efini livery Mazda ran the 787B in for a select number of races in 1991. So predominantly white but with Eunos Blue accents instead, trying to make it somewhat realistic to what I thought a Eunos liveried 787B could look like. But I didn't think it stood out enough, so I revisited and switched the colours to utilise the Blue and Gold of the Eunos badge more. All the while trying to maintain a similar style to what Mazda might have ran with for a fictive 1991 All-Japan Sports Prototype Championship entry.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Had a couple months off the game but came back and rushed an entry for this.
Maplin technically do exist again now after going bust in 2018. For anyone outside of the UK they are a computer / tech store.
I chose them purely for the colours they use. looking back matte black doesnt look good in the standard garage images so probably a bad choice. Ferguson is a company owned by their new directorship so makes sense.
Hope you like it time to go and work on my safety car entry.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Ray Tracing

Link to the livery
My first idea was to go with Fina as the gas station brand (from Belgium, which I learned to this occasion) doesn't exist like it use to be at the time.

But then I saw the link on the first page and when I saw Alitalia was considered dead (it became Ita Airways or something like that) it was clear to me I had to do something with it!

So I looked for a car, I wanted an Italian one and thought about my 4C Gr.3 for which I already did a kind of Stratos replica in GT Sport.

Then the Pantera appeared to me and it became obvious to me!
I took the "old" Alitalia logo and came up with this livery I didn't want to be too close to the Stratos' one but of course it had to be green, white and red!

So here it is, I'm pretty happy how it turned, and I would just want to take your attention to the front lights, it took me way too long to get this small "A" on the moving part! 😅 But I'm happy I could make it visible and deleting a part of the stripes (the A is hidden under the stripes and I had to play with angles and depth to make it appear like that).

Anyway, I hope you like it, good luck everyone for the poll! 🍻

Edit : sorry if my post isn't very clear, I'm French and I was doing something else at the same time! 🤓

And so I almost forgot to say it had a brand new engine!

Last edited:
My livery is 99% finished, but it won't load anymore. Can't save the style, can't open it in the livery editor, it keeps loading forever. I can take pictures but I won't be able to share the livery. Am I allowed to join with this livery ?

My livery is 99% finished, but it won't load anymore. Can't save the style, can't open it in the livery editor, it keeps loading forever. I can take pictures but I won't be able to share the livery. Am I allowed to join with this livery ?
I hope you will 🤞

So here it is, I'm pretty happy how it turned, and I would just want to take your attention to the front lights, it took me way too long to get this small "A" on the moving part! 😅 But I'm happy I could make it visible and deleting a part of the stripes (the A is hidden under the stripes and I had to play with angles and depth to make it appear like that)

Sick! That's just ridiculous, I never would have thought about doing it like that. Mind blown.

If you can take pictures does that mean the car is wearing the livery right now? If so you can create new livery based off of current one which can bypass the frozen load. Then save a new version.

@RealJaySee
I had the same problem, turns out there were some symbols in the names of decals i created, i removed the decals from gt7 and the livery showed up again.
What @996rick sometimes works, but not all the time.

If you can take pictures does that mean the car is wearing the livery right now? If so you can create new livery based off of current one which can bypass the frozen load. Then save a new version.
The car is wearing the livery indeed, but I cant open it in the livery editor. Tried every single way (create from existing, edit, load saved livery/style) but as soon as I select it keeps loading forever. It acted weird when I last saved it. It kept loading and after an hour i turned off my ps4. I guess that's when it got broken.
p78
@RealJaySee
I had the same problem, turns out there were some symbols in the names of decals i created, i removed the decals from gt7 and the livery showed up again.
What @996rick sometimes works, but not all the time.
I'll try to find some symbols in the decals I used later today, thanks for the tip!

I was 100% sure that they went bankrupt.
"It has been a subsidiary of the multinational petroleum company Eni since 2003, when Eni acquired Agip Petroli S.p.A., creating the Refining and Marketing Division"

Attachments

• Agip-logo.png
    Agip-logo.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Agip_logo.svg.png
    Agip_logo.svg.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
"It has been a subsidiary of the multinational petroleum company Eni since 2003, when Eni acquired Agip Petroli S.p.A., creating the Refining and Marketing Division"
That's also (and because Agip was Italian too) why I choose them for my Alitalia livery.

I don't know if it's because we're very close to Italy here (and so they would have changed it later here) but I'm pretty sure there still was the Agip brand at the gas station next to my house a couple of years ago.

Now there's... no name at all! 😅
And Agip is still the name on Google.

After finding an article online that made me laugh, where the almighty McLaren F1 was entirely reliant on one specific obsolete Compaq computer model from the late 80s for serving (up to 2016 anyway!), I decided to go for Compaq as the title sponsor of this 2016 McLaren 650S GT3 as a tongue-in-cheek entry poking fun at the absurdity of such a desirable, exotic, and expensive machine being fully reliant on an old, outdated, and completely defunct computer.

I know Compaq is still in existence in some form in South America but I believe it is now a new company in a completely different guise to the old, and the old hardware giant is officially dead. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Back