The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments
There are no "odds". The game has already determined what you're going to win before the roulette even starts. They throw in absurd cars to provide incentive. @Famine, and other users including myself, have already experimented in a previous thread on the GTS forums regarding this very issue.

Like you said, a one car reveal would be a lot more ethical and aesthetically pleasing than the current slap to the face.

Then how's it possible for some people to never have won a 10 15 or 20kk car and others have won several?

Iven if it's predetermined, there are different results for different players and the odds I got a really bad chain of prizes is real. In my view, my odds are atrocious.

And if PD chose to give me a determined chain of prize cars that after hundreds of logins, daily rewards, events, etc I never won an exotic car, they decided I should never be able to get them. Because the credits I've made were only enough to buy the 15mil Cobra and then all the race cars I needed and wanted. It's not possible to buy exotics with micro transactions.

Then how's it possible for some people to never have won a 10 15 or 20kk car and others have won several?

Iven if it's predetermined, there are different results for different players and the odds I got a really bad chain of prizes is real. In my view, my odds are atrocious.

And if PD chose to give me a determined chain of prize cars that after hundreds of logins, daily rewards, events, etc I never won an exotic car, they decided I should never be able to get them. Because the credits I've made were only enough to buy the 15mil Cobra and then all the race cars I needed and wanted. It's not possible to buy exotics with micro transactions.

What I'm saying is that the odds of a typical roulette game do not apply to the "roulette" of prize cars you see. Because it's not a roulette. It's a predetermined result from all the possible cars the game has in its inventory.

I've closed my game before receiving my gift car and saw first-hand the three other cars change from the night before. I repeated this four times. Same results.

If you see a Rally Car and the rest are N class, you're getting the rally car. If you see a Gr.3 or Gr.4, you're getting those instead of whatever luxury or exotic vehicle they flash in front of you.

These are my observations, not odds, having accumulated numerous duplicates of Gr3, Gr4, GrB and low-to-mid N class cars.

Whatever car you see doesn't affect the outcome. As to your observation of your friends and countless other users having won multiple exclusive tag cars from the roulette, I can assure you that those wins were from a much earlier build from the game. Nowadays it is extremely difficult to even SEE exotic cars as an "option".

The highest value prize I've ever won was the 12.5mil Ferrari 250 non racing version, about two updates into the game after launch. After that win and several updates later I've won a Veyron, and a Huayra. That's where my list ends. The rest are duplicates I've mentioned before.

The next highest value car I won was the Alfa Romeo TZ2 as a birthday gift from the game, which doesn't count.

The "roulette" system in its entirety must not be transferred to GT7 (which we agree on).

It is a slap to the face and a psychological tactic used in real life gambling schemes. The only reason PD gets away with it is because you don't pay anything so you're not actively gambling.

Here’s a question I pitch to the GTPlanet community, what would your ideal campaign look like? How would you establish progression and reward?

I have a great idea, I hope PD sees it. Since every GT in the past on the online consoles have platinum trophy, I suggest them to give extras to the earners like a nice starting money, a gift car or unique liveries to those who own platinums from any of the previous GTs. For example I have the GT Sport platinum and I would be really happy if they thank to earn it in some way. Even a little message at the start in the next game as part of the welcome message in the main menu.
Or more money prize during the career.

Last edited:

I can't say for sure, but it looks like the DWG is simply a long (probably 2.147 billion items long, like the GT5 UCD) list of numbers, not cars.

Each car in GT Sport has a "CarID" number - as a quick example, the Veyron Gr.4 is CarID 3246, and the Corvette Gr.4 is CarID 3247. It won't shock you to know that the next Gr.4 (Citroen GT) is 3248 and the one after (Dodge Viper) is 3249.

To create the results we see in the DWG, the process would be very simple. PD creates this large list of numbers and randomises your start point on it (GT5 did this by some number generated from your GT user ID and your console ID; this is why the UCD was different for the exact same number of days on different IDs on one console, or one ID on different consoles. There is evidence GTS's DWG is identical). Then you simply progress from one number to the next. If the number does not correspond to a car, it rolls over to the next available number that does correspond to a car - that would also allow for PD to introduce new cars without any adjustment necessary, as the new car gets an unallocated CarID.

Gran Turismo 7 should get rid of:

• The Daily Car Roulette
  • The Tuning Slider
  • Slow Opponents in the Career Mode
  • The ugly and unrealistic VGT cars
  • An Arcade/Custom Race Mode, that offers options to choose your opponents like a game from the early nineties... (i mean, does PD even care to look at other games like Assetto Corsa, where you can choose each opponent individually or Forza 7, where you can specify the grid with dozens of options???). It is oh so lame, really...

Well, that depends. If it’s a Super GT race for example, it should have rolling starts, to mimic real life, but other than that I agree. Rolling starts are waaaaaay over used!

Oh, and qualifying 100% yes, please.

Yes. Obviously with races or series that use rolling starts, they should keep it. But fixed, please. I want to have rolling starts side by side and closer to the cars in front, not 0.5 to 1seg gaps. That's so annoying.

Rallying is another thing I wouldn’t mind if they ditched. It has always sucked and been nothing but weird in my opinion.

Oh, and Scapes. Yes, I’ve used it on a few occasions, but I wouldn’t mind if it never returned.

Rallying is another thing I wouldn’t mind if they ditched. It has always sucked and been nothing but weird in my opinion.

Oh, and Scapes. Yes, I’ve used it on a few occasions, but I wouldn’t mind if it never returned.
Agreed on the rallying bit. Only keep it if they introduced autocross and narrower real-life Rally tracks. I'm tired if the dirt highways.

I can't say for sure, but it looks like the DWG is simply a long (probably 2.147 billion items long, like the GT5 UCD) list of numbers, not cars.

Each car in GT Sport has a "CarID" number - as a quick example, the Veyron Gr.4 is CarID 3246, and the Corvette Gr.4 is CarID 3247. It won't shock you to know that the next Gr.4 (Citroen GT) is 3248 and the one after (Dodge Viper) is 3249.

To create the results we see in the DWG, the process would be very simple. PD creates this large list of numbers and randomises your start point on it (GT5 did this by some number generated from your GT user ID and your console ID; this is why the UCD was different for the exact same number of days on different IDs on one console, or one ID on different consoles. There is evidence GTS's DWG is identical). Then you simply progress from one number to the next. If the number does not correspond to a car, it rolls over to the next available number that does correspond to a car - that would also allow for PD to introduce new cars without any adjustment necessary, as the new car gets an unallocated CarID.
That. That is it!... I don't want that.

I love the car manufacturer museum feature but the random facts about The Spice Girls, Royal Family or USA for Africa... It's so out of place!
As car enthusiasts, it's interesting to note the events that were/are happening at certain milestones in the car industry.

I mean, people listened to Spice Girls in their car. It's relatable. Like remembering what specific song you heard for the first time, in one of the cars you owned.

The Goonies came out in 1985(I was 14, a memorable Summer for me). That's the last year for the carburettor Mustang GT. It got fuel injection for '86 and a redesign from '87. I remember that. ;)

Vision GT - needs to go. Not enough real cars in the game as is, let alone when you have 20% of the car list being a dumping ground for concept cars.

Car Roulette - if you want a prize car, just have a notification saying prize car awarded, and then you're not wasting 30 seconds looking at a menu every day.

Rally - GT has never done rally well. Even PD don't use the 'rally' content they have.

Scapes - If PD want more places to take photos of cars - design more tracks. 1000+ scapes for a game that doesn't get the fundamentals of a racing game right is just ridiculous.

1km Spread Rolling Starts - It's 2020, starting 1km behind the leader without qualifying was arcade even in the late 90's, it's a complete joke for a game that considers itself a serious racer.

Credit cap - Just a terrible idea. The fact that it was lifted from 20 to 100 through paid DLC just cemented this.

Has been said before, but Rubberbanding needs to go. The entire "boost" feature, I don't want it.

Unfortunately, while custom races are better, the AI braking at weird spots (even on "hard") also should vanish. If you want to make the AI slower, do it more naturally instead of letting them go at reasonable speeds on the straights and then going through some (not all) turns at walking speed. It leads to me crashing into them (because their braking points are way off sometimes) when I want to overtake cleanly.
I did the new Gr. 3 endurance race today and the AI hits the brakes multiple times in the Stefan-Bellof-S. Come on...

If PDI were really brave enough they’d ditch credits altogether .....The only point in credits really is to restrict entry into the higher classes, a game design approach they’ve had since GT1. Gain credits, buy the faster more expensive cars, then compete in progressively more difficult races. PDI have made a fantastic and class leading sim in GT Sport, but let’s be honest as a ‘game’ it’s pretty terrible.

Here’s a question I pitch to the GTPlanet community, what would your ideal campaign look like? How would you establish progression and reward?

Why not have both. When playing online lets have all cars accessible from the start, but in Gran Turismo mode lets keep things to their 90's roots :)

Vision GT - needs to go.
Agree.

Rally - GT has never done rally well. Even PD don't use the 'rally' content they have.
Yes, tracks are not anywhere close to real rally stages. Unless they change the tracks to be believable, lets remove it.

1km Spread Rolling Starts - It's 2020, starting 1km behind the leader without qualifying was arcade even in the late 90's, it's a complete joke for a game that considers itself a serious racer.
This feature is bad, but even badder (sic) is that in the lead is a rabbit car, which is way quicker than other AIs and thus you must have even more powerful car. This in turn means, that other cars became just a moving chicane and you get no fun or no racing at all. VERY BAD.
Solution is easy - let me qualify like in GT1. Also not be lazy and set the grid to have more or less the same level of ''speed''.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why people hate VGT that much. It's a cool concept that allows GT to have it's "unique" aspect. As a series, GT tries to represent the past, present, and future of cars, albeit it didn't do that as well in Sport as it did in GT6 in terms of car count.
But the point remains. They showed us what was possible in the past, the wild concepts of the past too, thinking about what could be possible in its future (or our present), along with the current present day cars.
That is what some of the VGTs embody. Cars like the Subaru, the Mercedes, the Hyundai, the BMW... they have a place in GT because they try to represent the future per se. Just like we had the Nike One 2022, the Dome Zero, the Corvette C7 Test Car, or the Toyota (FT86? Not the FT-1) in GT6.

I'll never understand why people hate VGT that much. It's a cool concept that allows GT to have it's "unique" aspect. As a series, GT tries to represent the past, present, and future of cars, albeit it didn't do that as well in Sport as it did in GT6 in terms of car count.
But the point remains. They showed us what was possible in the past, the wild concepts of the past too, thinking about what could be possible in its future (or our present), along with the current present day cars.
That is what some of the VGTs embody. Cars like the Subaru, the Mercedes, the Hyundai, the BMW... they have a place in GT because they try to represent the future per se. Just like we had the Nike One 2022, the Dome Zero, the Corvette C7 Test Car, or the Toyota (FT86? Not the FT-1) in GT6.
I think in general it's not that bad, but the concepts should be at least somewhat realistic.
No laser-powered cars (chapparal), no movable wings that move so fast at ridiculous speeds that no material could possibly handle that force (tomahawk x).
I do like the concept racecars like the Mazda or the Hyundai. Those look like they could actually be on a racetrack in a few years.

GT6 was my last game in the franchise. GT7 will have to show innovation and fresh ideas to get me back. To start...
  • Stop the license tests (see my above comment about innovation)

See I like the license tests in the older versions, GTS has nothing and I wish it did. Maybe even make then harder to weed out the ones not really interested in racing but more interested in carnage.

I do not want.

I am not saying there shouldent be top tier events for the aliens. But there should also be something for the lesser skilled players who like to take part in events, but simply dont have the skill / time commitment to play 24/7.

I like this idea, hold races that block out the higher skill levels so us lower skilled players have reasonable competition. The A+ player that immediately jumps out to a 10 second lead and laps you 3 laps into a 15 lap race is not competition (my thoughts).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in general it's not that bad, but the concepts should be at least somewhat realistic.
No laser-powered cars (chapparal), no movable wings that move so fast at ridiculous speeds that no material could possibly handle that force (tomahawk x).
I do like the concept racecars like the Mazda or the Hyundai. Those look like they could actually be on a racetrack in a few years.
Yeah I agree on that point, the Hyundai genuinely feels like an LMP car a couple of years down the road, same with the Tomahawk Gr.1 and the McLaren. Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda, BMW, Mini, and even Mercedes look like they belong on the road/racetrack and not on a notebook.
IMO they're fun cars to have, just for the novelty of them. The Chaparral is one of those, while cars like the Tomahawk (only the X variant, the S and GTSR are feasible) and the Red Bull X2010 are just mad contraptions that are around a decade ahead of us, as if they're showing what is (barely) physically possible which keeps with the essence of the Nike One

I'll never understand why people hate VGT that much.
There would probably be less hate if they weren't in Gr. 1. People who are not interested in them (like me) could just choose to ignore them then. But as it is right now, I can't even easily exclude them from a Gr. 1 lobby race. It would be nice if we could just pick allowed cars manually, that would enable multiclass racing and it would enable people to create "real life GT3 cars only" lobbies as well (just an example).

Championships/Events in GT Mode that are only 3. I’ve loved how GT Sport has set a precedent for larger events this gen. Let’s not go back to the bad old days!

Or go one better and give us a true event creator with juicier credit rewards (rather than the piecemeal amount of credits given in Arcade mode).

See I like the license tests in the older versions, GTS has nothing and I wish it did. Maybe even make then harder to weed out the ones not really interested in racing but more interested in carnage.

Isn't Driving School one?

There is nothing forcing you to complete driving school. Maybe if certain levels were required before competing in certain events it would be better.
I just feel that, probably some people are infuriated instead that you are forced to complete those tests to advance, so they make Driving School like that. I don't understand the License hate tbh. It's like hating RPG games for including boss fights.

Concept cars never were what drew me to GT. I like cars that are real, or based on real cars, not ones that don't even exist as prototypes.

Even actual concept cars that were actual prototypes are so far down the order for me. Give me an RX-2, RX-3, RX-4 or FB RX-7 any day of the week instead of an RX500.

If I want something 'futuristic' and a work of fiction that goes 2000kmph I'll play F-Zero.

Last edited:
Credit cap - Just a terrible idea. The fact that it was lifted from 20 to 100 through paid DLC just cemented this.

I hate from the deepest (GT5-GT6-GTSport) the Credit Cap but I HATE also the adding of the possibilities of removing the cap by or thru any form of DLC contest (i.e. L.Hamilton challenge) ..
This is a real form of mortification for the "non" higly skilled-faster players ... (always.. IMHO)

IR

I don't want the N class system to return. It's horribly flawed and makes for unfair racing.

I think, the N class, if appropriately and correctly implemented would be perfectly fine... would you prefer that Kaz/PD go back to the PP system ? or maybe combine the two ?

Gran Turismo 7 should get rid of:

• The Daily Car Roulette
  • The Tuning Slider
  • Slow Opponents in the Career Mode
  • The ugly and unrealistic VGT cars
  • An Arcade/Custom Race Mode, that offers options to choose your opponents like a game from the early nineties... (i mean, does PD even care to look at other games like Assetto Corsa, where you can choose each opponent individually or Forza 7, where you can specify the grid with dozens of options???). It is oh so lame, really...

I personally think the Roulette is fine, as long as we are given the options to either sell or discard what is given to us for free, i enjoy the fact that i dont have to buy many cars as long as i do the daily workout.

I have come to like the Tuning Slider now with GTS... but i do also miss the various parts and components that would change the car's charateristics... so to have the best of both worlds, i suggest the Tuning Slider be only the final ultimate option upgrade to a car so that we can tweak the car minutely.

As much as i dont like Slow AI opponents, (which by the way has always existed in all GT), but it is necessary for people who are not as good as we are... the games also need to consider new players and give the the confidence to play more and better..., therefore as much as we hate slow AI opponents, there is no getting away from this. Unless of course if Kaz/PD gives us to choose different level of AI skills... like F1.

Some of the VGT are ugly, some of the VGT are unrealistics, and others are both, but i totally applaud Kaz/PD for involving the auto industry in bringing their idea of a GT car of the near future... I love VGT... the thing Kaz and PD need to do is to allow us to decide when and where we can use them to race... not limit us in their use. If Kaz and PD do not want us to mix with real racing cars, then at least allow us to race the VGT among themselves... make a VGT racing league of some sort... (maybe it's there already, but i haven't played extensively to know, otherwise my bad).

YOur last bullet is not really something you want to get rid of, but rather have more options and more control over what we can do in Arcade mode... to which i agree with you.

Vision GT - needs to go. Not enough real cars in the game as is, let alone when you have 20% of the car list being a dumping ground for concept cars.

[...]

Scapes - If PD want more places to take photos of cars - design more tracks. 1000+ scapes for a game that doesn't get the fundamentals of a racing game right is just ridiculous.

[...]

i have always love the photography aspect from GT games from the starts and with each iteration, PD and Kaz have been able to outdo themselves including with the Scapes in GTS, which is totally revolutionary in this field.

GT games have always so much more than just getting in and drive/race... it's about collecting cars, looking at them, admiring them... taking photos...

TBH and IMHO, i do a lot more of stating playing with GT games than i do racing... sometimes, to de-stress after a long day, i can just fire up my playstation and just look at all the cars i have, taking photos of them and it relaxes me much more than just doing laps...

Kaz and PD need to have 5000 scapes in GT7 ! Not less.

Some things that come to mind:

- the rolling start. Some kind of qualifying session would be much better
- the ugly and unreal Vision cars
- the online save

see my comment above about VGTs.

In regards to Online Save, please for the love of God: GT7 needs to have OFFLINE Save by Default and OPtional Online Save.

Let us control our save data...

Concept cars never were what drew me to GT. I like cars that are real, or based on real cars, not ones that don't even exist as prototypes.

Even actual concept cars that were actual prototypes are so far down the order for me. Give me an RX-2, RX-3, RX-4 or FB RX-7 any day of the week instead of an RX500.

If I want something 'futuristic' and a work of fiction that goes 2000kmph I'll play F-Zero.

VGT cars are concept cars we can drive... we all had thoughts and desire of driving concepts cars.. Kaz and PD have given us that opportunity that no other games have.

We should be grateful for their effort... they need to do more and allow us to race them against each other, although they dont really compare to each other...
This is a fictional game, with fictional cars, we should be able to play with these.

Now thinking about it, the reason for this limitation may be due to the auto manufacturers not wanting their concept cars to race each other... ... this may be something to do with IP and rights...

No matter what, the more we have, the better.... so i dont mind having more VGT.

Last edited:
I hate from the deepest (GT5-GT6-GTSport) the Credit Cap but I HATE also the adding of the possibilities of removing the cap by or thru any form of DLC contest (i.e. L.Hamilton challenge) ..
This is a real form of mortification for the "non" higly skilled-faster players ... (always.. IMHO)

IR

I'm gonna be honest, I bought the DLC because of this. And after I saw that you even need to finish the TT on all-gold in case you want the 100 million cap... bruh.
I fought so hard to reach it with my DS4 and finally reached it last year I guess. But it was terrible, I mean reaching all golds is suffering even to me who got the platinum for GTS with a controller.
I hope we get this 100 mill cap in the next game as the base cap...

Back