The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

A proper career mode, like GT4's, with championships, prize cars, longer endurance races, and more variety of events in general. :D

This is really all I was coming in here to say.
What I would give to have a total repeat of GT4's career with all the races, licenses, missions, endurance races (even the 24hr ones), but of course updated to include the modern cars we are blessed with.

Adding to that though, decent AI is a must. All those races would be unutterably mundane if the AI remain brainless.

I know it will never happen but one can dream:

- Better aerodynamics,suspension and tire model,so basically a more reaistic physics engine

- Dynamic time of day and weather also dynamic road surface with the racing line that becomes grippier lap by lap

- Better mechanical and visual damage model

- Better track textures and better vegetation like 3d trees and more grass around the trackside

- Field of view settings and the possibility to place the camera in every point of the cockpit like in Assetto Corsa

- The possibility to have more players in sport mode and in a private lobby (something like 40 or 60 players)

- 900° wheel animation

- Enhanced Sport Mode with more choices for the daily races (minimum 10 daily races a week) and every weekend there should be an endurance race with the possibility to swap the drivers like on Iracing

- A better career mode with the "rpg" side of the old GT's where you have to start with a everyday car and from there slowly earn money and build up your car roster (cars have to be harder to obtain). In career mode we have to buy everything,even the tires (The latter would be nice if their degree of wear was maintained even after finishing a race)

- Better AI

- The return of used cars and upgrade parts like on the past games

Last edited:
Most of what I want has been said already, so I'll add a few:

1. Support for all major 3rd party wheel/pedal manufacturers since day one (Fanatec, TM and Logitech).

2. Adding material effects to decals / car panels / body parts (carbon, brushed aluminum, wood, fiber glass, etc). Also darken headlights and taillights.

3. Flexible body car modification. Within the garage or tunning section, have a tool that allows to push/pull (move inwards or outwards) some body kit parts. For instance, make the rear wheel arches wider or thinner, make the side skirts lower to the ground or higher. Probably never gonna happen but wishes are wishes.

4. Download any livery from any car/helmet/suit we race against on or offline (online, provided they're shared with the community of course) from the lobby screen.

5. Test drive a car or rent it for a limited time. This would be great if, for instance, I need a very expensive car for a league race but I can't afford it in the moment. Maybe after renting it, we could have a discount on the total price.

6. Give higher credit prizes to higher DR+SR ranked drivers. Not hugely higher, but higher enough to be an incentive to improve speed and sportsmanship.

7. Option to share a livery with a specific group of players or a single friend. Especially useful for designers who make liveries for teams.

8. I asked for this one before GTS came out but gonna ask again. A car studio for photo sessions. Lights, ceiling reflectors, mobile reflectors, etc.

9. Frame by frame control (not only forward but backwards too) during replay for precision composition and action capture.

10. A perfectly leveled long drag strip of 10 to 20kms in order to test top speed in a way that's repeatable. The huge 30km oval has a hill right at the start that makes it less precise.

Think 10 are enough for now.

Last edited:
- offline Practice function: able to assign specific AI cars to participate while the user drives around

- ability to assign specific AI cars in Custom Race.

- AI BOP activation in Custom Race

- ability to default custom car setups(gear settings, suspension settings, power/weight, tyres, downforce) in Custom Race and online Lobby,

- allow Host to share garage cars for online Lobby

- raised letter/painted/sticker tyre branding for all cars

- bring back the 3-mode light function(Parker, low beam, high beam/fog light) and add rear fog light activation in fine weather

- activate rear wiper when windscreen wipers are activated

- bring back open/close roof options for convertibles

- bring back factory wheel purchase option from GT4

- Improve Engine Sounds: Polyphony improved massively on the engine sounds in GT Sport compared to GT5 & GT6, and my only gripe with some of the engine sounds in GT Sport is that some of them sound a bit too synthetic. Also some engine sounds are a bit too tame.

- Better visual damage.

- Add FOV options for cockpit cam.

- Dynamic time and weather.

- Virtual Mirror: One thing the next GT game desperately needs is a virtual mirror for most camera views, especially for cockpit cam. Players should be allowed to scale the size of the mirror.

- Dedicated servers for custom online lobbies: PD needs to move away from p2p custom online lobbies and they need to bring in dedicated servers or at least allow players to rent dedicated servers. This is needed so people can increase lobby size because only having 16 players is a bit bleh and it would also mean that people can set up proper endurance events with a bigger field or just a standard race with a larger field. Maybe even PD could set up official special endurance events as well?

- Driver swap ability for custom online races: This is another thing that needs added to the game so that people can set up endurance events that are a few hours long.

- Better customisation for road cars: This was a nice feature in GT5 and GT6 and it was a shame that this wasn't present in GT Sport.

- Improved car classes.

- Built in Spotter: It would be nice if the next GT game has a spotter like iRacing. Its a bit difficult to try and go around a corner and look at the radar at the same time, so it would be cool to have a built in spotter shouting out "car left" "car right" "all clear"

- Better UI: One of my biggest gripes with GT Sport is the UI during a race. I want to be able to remove specific things from the UI because there is some useless stuff that i don't want. I also want to have a permanent radar because its annoying during a race when i want to change my break bias and that means i have to switch away from from the radar to change the BB. The radar shouldn't be part of the the little toggle thing that has the BB and fuel map etc. I also want the ability to scale the in race UI.

- Better AI: The AI in GT Sport isn't great and they are still to easy to beat, so a harder AI would be a welcomed feature in the next GT game.

- Better single player custom race options: It would be nice if we could have more options for custom races in the next GT game. For example, its pretty annoying that in the single player mission races, you take part in multi class races and yet when you set up a custom race, you don't have the ability to choose multiple car classes for the race.

- Improved penalty system in Sport mode: Pretty obvious why i've added this to the list.

- Bring back the paint colour system from GT5 & GT6: One thing i would like to see return is the feature where you buy a car from the dealership and the paint colour you chose for that car gets added to the paint shop, so you can paint other cars in that colour.

- Less reverb on the replays: The replays in GT Sport have a bit too much reverb on the car engine audio as the car drives of into the distance.

These are the main things that i can think of just now. I will add more to the list when more ideas come to me.

Last edited:
I want to see a port to the PC. I don't even care if I have to use some proprietary Sony-branded launcher. I have no plans to buy the next PS so the only way I'm going to be able to experience GT7 is if it ends up on the PC at some point in time.

And it's entirely possible too since Sony will release MLB The Show on PC at some point in the future.

I want "GT7" to be our main racing platform constantly evolving during the whole PS5 era with several free major game-changing updates (like spec II, spec III) and fair priced DLCs over years (if it can help PD to get funds to produce ultimate quality and quantity content). If PD is focused on supporting and constantly improving GT7 it will be a serious motivation for players to get more involved and dedicated. [iRacing and Assetto Corsa 1 could represent two inspiring examples for different reasons]

It first has to feature top of the line physics, aero, tires and dynamic track surface modelisation combined with industry leading graphics and audio
of course for it to be my second home! Then I trust PD to treat me well in its virtual lounge. After racing I want to chill out listening to great HiDefinition audio BGM while looking at cars in great sceneries or reading docs in the museum. I also want to learn about mechanics, setups, driving line, pit strategy, etc. Both basic and in depth infos must be presented attractively and accurately. I want GT7 to feel like a Bible or an Encyclopedia ; links to useful educational Youtube videos or GT-TV could also be gathered somewhere. I really love what have been done for GT Sport regarding all that is not directly gameplay related ; I want the next step... maybe with more garage managing to know more about the actual running cost of a hypercar collection with racing involvement (buying new tires and brakes, applying PPF, washing car, fixing what has broke after trackdays, upgrading parts, dealing with sponsors and insurance or hiring a team to do all that for me)?

I dream of a partnership with Michelin that will produce a reference platform for car manufacturers and F1 teams (a bit like rFactor Pro), hoping for more reliable tires data and model behaviour. I also would like to have a tool and advices to help maximizing grip utilization. Having the audio giving clues when drivers aren't on the grip part of the track with sounds of small rocks and marbles being thrown away and resonating within the racing car. It would be great if we would have some infos post-session regarding mechanics degradation (tires, brakes, gearbox, transmission, engine, etc) to help us understand the impact our driving-style have on the wear of the car.

It would be great to have some options to configure triple and wide screens (even with multiple consoles) and motion systems. Extensive optimization for Direct Drive and advanced pedals (at least the official Fanatec one) is a must by the way.

Physics Based Rendering, photogrametry, HDR, ray tracing, tesselation, higly detailed dynamic foliage, particles interacting with tracks and cars, etc, it is all that that excite me and make me look forward to Gran Turismo and PS5(Pro?) above all, while I am pretty satisfied with all the great driving games/sims we currently have. I would very much like extreme visual realism with very few obvious geometry collisions or shadow bugs that are immersion breaker and I am pretty confident that PD will deliver! Personnally, I like how weather is managed in GT Sport if it can bring the best pre-rendered/baked visuals. If dynamic 24 hours cycle, rain, mud or snow is too heavy, maybe we could get several tracks featuring it as specific race scenario with some eye-candy turned down or off.

Targa Florio, Isle of Man, Tokyo highway, Paris... I want very beautiful roads, and would like them to be real and very long if possible. I would love old track variants also (old Fuji, old Nurburgring). More laserscanned tracks. More road cars! More racecars! Thank you Polyphony for GT Vision car, it is cool to have these concepts also.

Real mirrors. I want to see my own car reflected in my mirrors. I would like cars kind of reflected on each other and not having only scenery reflected.

I am curious about the sound implemantation with HRTF, 3D audio and Tempest engine. I just hope they will do their best without impacting visuals and physics ressources. My hopes aren't very high though since there is not a single current game/sim that manage to totally blow me away audio-wise. Even actual Youtube binaural recordings cannot reach the pure sounds I witnessed in real life (maybe because I do not listen at 110db?).

Two graphical gameplay settings (at least) for TV screens :
- 4K&45fps maxxed out ; focusing on eye candy and real-time raytraced effects
- 1440p+&120fps representing a sweet compromise ; focusing on latency and driving accuracy. Here I would be very satisfied with similar GT Sport PS4 graphics with new physics based visual effects (like glowing exhausts, wind on grass, dirt and rubber on track, tire and wheel damage, you name it ; graphical engine should not be based on previous PS4 hardware though).

Jaw-dropping 30 fps replays where I can zoom and slow action down, combining 4K+ (or close to 8K with less expensive widescreen aspect ratio?) resolution with avanced raytracing lighting, reflections, shadows and audio reverberation is what I am wishing for.

More or less the same for VR, I want two kinds of experience :
- Precalculated raytraced generated playable scenaris, slow motion pregenerated scenes, and replays : to be the most immersive experiences related to cars on planet Earth.
- Wide FOV, low latency, very high refresh rate, clear picture with lesser picture quality : to focus on performance while real-time racing.

I need my AI races to be exciting enough for career mode, training and when Internet is slow. AI needs to be perfectly realistic in its visual representation on track (roll, pitch, suspensions work, jumps, tires deformation, etc).

Last but not least, I do want a Sport mode focused on esport with "official" disciplines : Group A, Group B, Group C, IMSA, SCCA, FIA GT1, BPR, WEC (with multiclass), Indy, Formula Renault, actual manufacturers Cups (like Porsche, Mazda), DRM, DTM, JGTC&SuperGT (GT500+GT300), Super Formula, WTCC, Hill Climb, Pikes Peak Unlimited. Because of licencing fees, and for it to be properly made, some series could be added through paid DLC.

Last edited:
I want "GT7" to be our main racing platform constantly evolving during the whole PS5 era with several free major game-changing updates (like spec II, spec III) and fair priced DLCs over years (if it can help PD to get funds to produce ultimate quality and quantity content). If PD is focused on supporting and constantly improving GT7 it will be a serious motivation for players to get more involved and dedicated. [iRacing and Assetto Corsa 1 could represent two inspiring examples for different reasons]

For GT7 to be like my second home it first has to feature top of the line physics, aero and tires modelisation combined with industry leading graphics and audio of course! Then I trust PD to treat me well in its virtual lounge. After racing I want to chill out listening to great HiDefinition audio BGM while looking at cars in great sceneries or reading docs in the museum. I also want to learn about mechanics, setups, driving line, pit strategy, etc. Both with basic and in depth infos must be presented attractively but it must be accurate. I want GT7 to feel like a Bible or an Encyclopedia ; links to useful educational Youtube videos or GT-TV could also be gathered somewhere. I really love what have been done for GT Sport regarding all that is not directly gameplay related ; I want the next step... maybe with more garage managing to actually know more about the running cost of a hypercar collection (buying new tires, applying PPF, washing car, fixing what has broke after trackdays, upgrading parts, dealing with sponsors and insurance or hiring a team to do all that for me)?

I dream of a partnership with Michelin that will produce a reference platform for car manufacturers and F1 teams (a bit like rFactor Pro), hoping for more reliable data . It would be great to have some options to configure triple-screen (even with multiple consoles) and motion systems. Extensive optimization for Direct Drive (at least the official Fanatec one) is a must by the way.

I am pretty satisfied with all the great driving games/sims we currently have but... Physics Based Rendering, photogrametry, HDR, ray tracing, tesselation, higly detailed dynamic foliage, particles interacting with tracks and cars, etc, it is all that that excite me and make me look forward Gran Turismo and PS5(Pro?) above all. I want extreme visual realism with very very few obvious geometry collisions or shadow bugs that are immersion breaker but I am pretty confident with PD on this! Personnally, I like how weather is managed in GT Sport if it can bring the best pre-rendered/baked visuals. If dynamic 24 hours cycle, rain, mud or snow is too heavy, maybe we could get several tracks featuring it as specific race scenario with some eye-candy turned down or off.

I want very beautiful roads, and would like them to be real and very long if possible. Targa Florio, Isle of Man, Tokyo highway, etc. I would love old track variants also (old Fuji, old Nurburgring). More laserscanned tracks. More road cars! More racecars! Thank you Polyphony for GT Vision car, it is cool to have these concepts also.

I want to see my own car reflected in my mirrors. I would like cars kind of reflected on each other and not having only scenery reflected.

I am curious about the sound implemantation with HRTF, 3D audio and Tempest engine. I just hope they will do their best without impacting visuals and physics ressources. My hopes aren't very high though since there is not a single current game/sim that manage to totally blow me away audio-wise. Even actual Youtube binaural recordings cannot reach the pure sounds I witnessed in real life (maybe because I do not listen at 110db?).

For gameplay on TV, I would like option of at least two graphical settings :
- one maxxed out at 4K&45fps focusing on eye candy real-time and raytraced effects
- the other one being a sweet compromise at 1440p&120fps focusing on latency and driving accuracy. Here I would be very satisfied with similar GT Sport PS4 graphics with new physics based visual effects (like glowing exhausts, wind on grass, dirt and rubber on track, tire and wheel damage, you name it ; graphical engine should not be based on odl PS4 hardware though).

I want jaw-dropping 30 fps replays where I can zoom and slow action down, combining 4K+ (or even 8K?) resolution with avanced raytracing lighting, reflections, shadows and audio reverberation.

More or less the same for VR, I want two kinds of experience :
- Precalculated raytraced generated playable scenaris, slow motion pregenerated scenes, and replays : to be the most immersive experiences related to cars on planet Earth.
- Wide FOV, low latency, very high refresh rate, clear picture with lesser picture quality : to focus on performance while real-time racing.

I need my AI races to be exciting enough for career, training and when Internet is slow. AI needs to be perfectly realistic in its visual representation on track (roll, pitch, suspensions work, jumps, tires deformation, etc).

Last but not least, I do want a Sport mode focused on esport with "official" disciplines (Group A, Group B, Group C, IMSA, SCCA, FIA GT1, BPR, WEC, Indy, Formula Renault, actual manufacturers Cups (like Porsche, Mazda), DRM, DTM, SuperGT, Super Formula, WTCC, Hill Climb, Pikes Peak Unlimited. Because of licencing fees, and for it to be properly made, some series could be added through paid DLC.
I saw how excited you were when commenting. Pure gold.

I want to see a port to the PC..

No port on PC please, porting it on PS5 Pro isn't enough? If it is on too much platforms you can say "adios" to maximum optimization for maximum experience. It also consumes time and ressources instead of focusing on polishing.

More RECENT cars, please. And more of a variety from each manufacturer. For example, Porsche and Mercedes have much, much more to offer than GT3s.

When cars are added, add them in as a meaningful package. For example, a car package starring 4-door sport sedans (ie. Mercedes C63, BMW M3, Cadillac ATS-V, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, etc.). And with this package there can be events associated with said release like "Battle of the sedans" or something.

Better wheel customization. Putting custom wheels on a car is one thing, but can they be modeled to not just be a larger diameter, but also fill the wheel wells too?

BRING BACK DYNAMIC DAY AND NIGHT/WEATHER PLEASE.

Custom hoods/bonnets.

Please return B-Spec Bob.

Wheel support that INCLUDES legacy wheels G27/29s, Fanatec CSRs, etc.

I want "GT7" to be our main racing platform constantly evolving during the whole PS5 era with several free major game-changing updates (like spec II, spec III) and fair priced DLCs over years (if it can help PD to get funds to produce ultimate quality and quantity content). If PD is focused on supporting and constantly improving GT7 it will be a serious motivation for players to get more involved and dedicated. [iRacing and Assetto Corsa 1 could represent two inspiring examples for different reasons

I like the idea of GT7 being the only GT on PS5. Release it Q4 2021 and add to it throughout the PS5 lifespan.

Of course PD will need to generate income over the lifespan of the PS5 to continue updating GT7. So my idea is to make all car DLC free, but charge a flat rate of $9.99 for all new track DLC. I think its a fair trade off. All cars are free, but new tracks are paid for. Over time most people will have spent the $60 extra they would have had on a new game.

I'd like to see the return of Unicorn Cars. Like, cars that can only be won by certain means like winning certain races. I mean, GT6 allowing you to buy any car you'd like was nice and all but I prefer cars that make you feel like a god for winning them.
I think a good compromise would to have prize cars that are also really expensive. Like you could win one of those Ferrari models that cost over 10 million credits for clearing a future version of La Festa Cavallino.

I like the idea of GT7 being the only GT on PS5. Release it Q4 2021 and add to it throughout the PS5 lifespan.

Of course PD will need to generate income over the lifespan of the PS5 to continue updating GT7. So my idea is to make all car DLC free, but charge a flat rate of $9.99 for all new track DLC. I think its a fair trade off. All cars are free, but new tracks are paid for. Over time most people will have spent the $60 extra they would have had on a new game.
If the game launches with 500/600 cars, i wouldn't mind to pay also the dlc cars honestly. More income for PD better the quality of content will be since they could afford the most expensive licenses

-Get rid of the daily workout prize
-Give out prize cars when you complete a career mode event
-Abandon the N class system
-Add other categories such as GT1, LMP900 and Group C
-Bring back the tuning shop
-Scrap the mileage exchange
-Bring back GT Auto
-Bring back the used car dealer
-Implement an improved tyre model with adjustable pressures
-Implement ground effect in some capacity
-Allow for realistic assists
-Bring back special conditions
-Add in some street circuits instead of expressways

Ok I'll play...

- more advanced physics .. a true sim
- Michelin tire model
- a mix of real tracks for racing and open roads maps for fun
- 30-50 multiplayer
- ai that can race
- a good damage model
- the details that you could see in the GTS e3 trailer which make everything come to life around the track
- dynamic day night and weather

I want to see a port to the PC. I don't even care if I have to use some proprietary Sony-branded launcher. I have no plans to buy the next PS so the only way I'm going to be able to experience GT7 is if it ends up on the PC at some point in time.

And it's entirely possible too since Sony will release MLB The Show on PC at some point in the future.
Gran Turismo sells PlayStations. They would get no extra money from people buying PCs, and be left with a load of PlayStations unsold. So I doubt that would ever happen. ;) Now if Sony decide they are not doing any more PlayStations at some point, then maybe. ;) :lol:

It is usual that console makers do not do much margin on newly launched consoles. Accessories, games and services seem to be where the margin is made. It is said that Sony will lose money on each PS5 sold. Right now, it seems that they do not know how to make the production more cost effective.

Massively improved AI. It’s 2020. Chase the rabbit shouldn’t be a thing anymore

No more chasing the rabbit type of offline races. My suggestion:

>> Offer a quick qualifying session (can be mandatory or optional) to determine your starting position. AI difficulty can be adjusted according to Beginner/Amateur/Professional leagues.

Also would be nice to have an indicator to say how many races you have attempted or won in each sub-series race -- e.g. attempted 5 races, won 3 in the Clubman Cup.

Real region lock and high ping(set able) autokick as server option.
More control of PoV & FoV
More control of FFB & Input devices.
More realistic engine & car sounds.
Much more advanced physics.
More cars & tracks instead of photolocations.

With Kaz's "combination of past, present, and future" (or however it was phrased) tease a while back, PD seems to have a clear idea about what this GT is going to be. I don't think threads like this are going to make any difference at all honestly. Those words of his are the best I'm going to hope for considering PD's track record of doing their own thing.

B-Spec and A-Spec combined like GT4 for true Endurance. I have a dream of running the 24 hours of Le Mans and Nurburgring with my Female BOB Team, like GT5. (Scarlett Johansson was part of my Team...) :sly:

Last edited:
Man y'all hitting on these suggestions! Think y'all covered everything I wanted to say. Didn't get to read all of them, so forgive me if it was already said, but I would LOVE for PD to give us the ability to add subtle body kits to our cars. I'm not asking for Rocket Bunny or Pandem WideBody kits or nothing. But I would love to turn my humble street car into a track day killer. Body kits, roll cages, racing seats, and any other modifications. Most games utilize AT LEAST the basics of body customization which is all some of us are truly asking for. We got a killer livery editor this past title, adding body customization will make it THAT much sweeter.
In addition to customization, I hope to see engine swaps appear in this game as well.

I would LOVE to see Dynamic weather and time return.

In addition, I would also love to see the track editor return as well. (Wishful thinking)

I hope you all bring back proper tournaments like in the older games. It's not fun really going through the campaign mode in GTSport and doing 8 individual races.

Everyone has said it, and I'm right on board with it, PLEASE bring back Used Car dealerships. Those things always possesed some gems/steals. I also have an idea for it as well. IF POSSIBLE, the UCD could be compiled of not just used cars that the game generates, BUT cars that ACTUAL players sell. There could be some type of database that saves the information of the car mileage, livery, etc. Etc. Then, the car will appear in everyone's used car dealership for a limited time. (Maybe 2 days or so. Just so there's no overload of cars getting added to the dealership.)

Lastly, I would love to see some kind of system where we can pay for decals/liveries. Some may disagree with this, but I feel the time and effort that people put into making these decals and ridiculously nice liveries, we can at least offer some in game compensation for their efforts. Just my opinion.

If I think of any more I'll post em.

Y'all are coming up with some great ideas though!

Subtle body kits, racing body kits, roll cages, racing seats and more in combination with a clear race class system. Would be really great. Imagine getting further into the game, not just by buying more expensive and faster cars. But also by adapting a street car to a real racing car within the rules of a racing car class. This way you can progress far into the game with the same humble used car that you bought at the beginning.

Other things I would like to see:

A home menu in the style of the "my page" menu of gt5 prologue.
I always enjoyed seeing my car parked in real locations. The UI was also much clearer in that game.

A race menu inspired by the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue pit lane garage / arcade race mode menu.
To feel more like you are a racing team. With the option to customize the colors.

From point a to point b rally stages for rally cars.
No gt5 track editor rally stage. (Although it was not a bad concept, even if the implementation was not so refined.)
I mean something that really looks like a rally stage. I'd be happy with one or two. Just something.

• Online championships per racing class
With regulations in which your car must comply in order to participate. Racing body kit type, power etc...

Back