The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I don't think Sony turns a profit on the PlayStation, actually I'm not sure any of the console makers do, at least not for a long time. They do make money on games though and being able to offer a game to a larger player base means more sales, thus more profit.

Also, Microsoft still sold plenty of Xbox's despite most of its exclusives also being available on Xbox for Windows.
But they need some exclusives to sell the consoles, and GT is a big one. ;)

Also, considering how long PD take to make games, do you want to add in the complexity of porting to PC to slow them down even more. ;) :lol:

Harder Licence Tests. ;)👍
Yeah, gold just if you a real alien. Not this kiddo casual snowflake crap, where you can finish everything gold & platin with blindfolded eyes. People should know that they are slow and have not enough skill. Then they may act like normal people when driving online, maybe even show some respect.
If everything is easy people think they heros....but the truth..... ;)

Yeah, gold just if you a real alien. Not this kiddo casual snowflake crap, where you can finish everything gold & platin with blindfolded eyes. People should know that they are slow and have not enough skill. Then they may act like normal people when driving online, maybe even show some respect.
If everything is easy people think they heros....but the truth..... ;)

This is actually a really good idea - have a final tier of 'Alien' award, where the time is set perhaps by a real world pro (@TRL LIGHTNING or similar?) - would give you a nice estimation of how good the truly talented guys are...

I would really like all the city circuits to have night racing under the “city lights” like GT4 had with Hong Kong and Paris for example. Also while your at it bring back the two pool girls of GT4 and hide them somewhere in the game... :D
Hong Kong was such an amazing track. It also would be the perfect location to showcase raytracing with all the lights and reflections on the road surface and buildings

@Shingo_civic ... Yep... I loved Hong Kong... Years after GT4 was a thing of the past I was the person who discovered the “moving escalator and people of Hong Kong” inside the building at the tunnel curve and my grandson then brought it to the attention of the GTP forums initially. It was my greatest claim to the GT hall of fame...

07E13D45-3293-4F35-B245-53328560DCA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hardware
- triple screen / multi monitor support
- I know VR is a big focus right now but I still think that triple screens is the best compromise between "feeling of speed", "immersion" AND "confort for long sessions".
- It was so much fun fun playing GT6 on my setup :embarrassed:
- motion rig support, specially now they're becoming affordable
- a simple interface through USB that sends the forces : Surge/Sway/Heave and Roll/Yaw/Pitch
- those data are already in the game, sending them via USB will cost nothing (they've done it in the past with GT6)​

Physics
- Better aerodynamics,suspension and tire model,so basically a more reaistic physics engine
- Better netcode / servers so the movements of the other cars seem more realistic

Sport Mode
- "Career Sport Mode"
- You only have access to small categories at the beginning
- Full season with one category (
- Persistent mecanical damage with limited budget per season (you can't change engine at the end of each race)​
- "Coop-mode Sport Mode "
- when you go to the pit you can switch drivers​

Various
- 900° wheel animation
- possibility to remove the wheel / hands

Replay
- "TV mode" without the crazy moving / zooming shots but only the realistic shots
- "GoPro Mode" where we can put an set our cameras inside/outside the car and access them during replay
- Slow motion feature

Last edited:
This is something I was thinking about, a few days back. I run a lot of one make lobby races. It would be great to have a base livery for people to edit.

None of this "place this decal here" nonsense.

I was thinking of team liveries specifically. Instead of making a livery for every team member you can just make one or two templates, share it with the group, and they can add their own name plates and numbers and nationalities.

Especially when it comes to Formula Drift liveries. I had a friend make a livery for me because I didn't have the time to do so and they didn't include my FD nameplate. Saves you the hassle of bothering the creator to update your livery as well.

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but what about customizable liveries? Like, you can download other's liveries and edit them to your liking. For example, you really like the overall pattern, but you want to change the colours and / or the decals.

The museum feature in Gran Turismo should be integrated better into career mode. Imagine a career storyline where you progress through the history of racing, participating in some of the legendary races of the past.

The museum has introduced many to the interesting developments of automotive history, so intertwining it with the story mode (perhaps even being able to 'unlock' new information in the museum) can serve one of GT's goals of introducing the average person to automotive racing and creating new racing fans.

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but what about customizable liveries? Like, you can download other's liveries and edit them to your liking. For example, you really like the overall pattern, but you want to change the colours and / or the decals.

I used the word template to give some semblance of "copyright" to creators.

When a creator is done making a livery there should be an extra option when you hit Save As. You should be able to choose Livery or Template.

Livery option would be the normal save feature we're used to. No editing features.

Template option would have another subheading that allows the creator to choose which group they share to. Public, Private, Followers, Friends, or combinations of two options. Allows users to change whatever they want on said template.

This would stop people from claiming liveries or piggy backing off someone's idea. They already do this in lobbies that allow you to show off your cars. People will download them and claim them as their own.

Last edited:
I know that I just posted, but:

Given that GT Sport was really successful at bringing GT into the e-sports realm, and because GT7 will likely continue to have a large e-sports presence, there should be an in-game system for organizing racing teams.

Such a 'racing teams' feature could address a number of the other suggestions here (such as sharing liveries). Right now, racing teams have people edit their PSN account to show who they race for, but if the feature was built into the game, it might be easier for real life sponsors to engage with the players (each team could have an in-game information page, for example, accessible when examining a player in that team's profile). Also, it would be pretty fun to create your own racing team with your friends.

PD could find lots of ideas for how to do this by looking to 'clan'-type features in other game genres, and I'm sure that lots of you here would also have some good ideas of how this could look.

First, this is all under the assumption we get GT7 and not GT Sport 2 (which I really hope is the case). For it's time (how good the game was compared to the genre at that time), GT4 was the best GT, IMO. It felt like a game... not a cold, clinical driving simulator.

Dynamic Elements
  • Obviously full ToD/dynamic weather etc etc
  • Specifically on dynamic weather... actual weather systems not just "rain on the whole track". Nurb for example sometimes has rain/clouds on one part of the track, while another part is dry and sunny. IMO, pCARS 2 and rFactor 2 have good weather system. IMO, this brings enough "gameplay value" that it's worth the effort.
  • More dynamic track conditions that factor in weather as well. Rain washing away marbles/rubber.
  • Randomly generated crowd assets and density (fewer people in the stand during a rainy race day, XYZ variables change). Changing photographer locations. Make races feel less static/canned and more lifelike.
  • More detailed dirt/debris on cars. Dirt on headlights affects headlight light casting. Rain will wash off dirt on car.
  • Heat wash from cars in front.
Wear/Damage
  • Burnout/Wreckfest levels of damage isn't happening but maybe...
  • "Dynamic car health". Brake wear, transmission health, engine temperature affecting power output, etc. IDK about anyone else,
  • I really enjoyed doing oil changes and car washes in GT4. The whole idea of "car ownership" made the game feel more personal. I'd like to see this make a return, in some way.
  • Some visible damage on track from crashes (scuffs).
  • Maybe debris from crashes on track
Track Generator/Creator
  • I understand if PD doesn't want to do something like GT5/GT6 again since it didn't meet the quality of the standard tracks. With that said, I think something like being able to create your own autoX course (asphalt/dirt/snow/etc) would be a nice feature, assuming a full track creator isn't in the works. Something in a relatively small, confined environment should be pretty straight forward.
  • If a full track editor is on the table, IMO, it should go beyond GT5/GT6. More control over each corner, road surface, etc etc. Too much to go into on this feature. Better or not at all.
  • The above ideas should also include a way to share your custom courses, obviously.
Race Creator
  • Pretty "simple"... full control of every variable for online AND offline (AI) races. Save presets. Ability to share with other players.
Customization
  • Obviously the return of the livery editor. Maybe more features, color options, special effect paints, etc.
  • Ability to customize a garage. Again, going back to GT4, this idea of "car ownership". Posters on wall (photos from photo mode), room where you can select cars on display, lift for servicing, car part section, trophy wall, clothing locker, etc etc. Maybe even a dyno.
  • Helmet livery editor.
  • Different clothing for race cars and road cars.
  • Little details like being awarded a watch for winning a race and then being able to wear said watch (great for IRL watch sponsors)
  • Ability to change predetermined interior color/trim for road cars (colors/finishes/etc)
  • The return of car modifications (for road cars). Aero/brakes/engine/forced induction/transmission/exhaust/etc/etc. Part brands as well. Again, going back to GT4.
Physics
  • IMO, better FFB support and tuning is at the top of the list. Everything else is mute until that is better dialed in. This is often what separates PC sims from console sims. More in game telemetry in regards to wheels. FFB clipping etc. OOB FFB is never going to be perfect... more tuning variables helps solve this.
  • Chassis/aero flex, more realistic aero wash, less "twitchy" stock tunes on certain race cars (less like ACC, more like rF2/iRacing).
  • Temperature being a greater factor on every level. Air, brakes, engine, track surface, tires, etc etc.
  • Car modifications impacting physics, obviously.
  • Specific tuning options for each race car class (rally cars have different variables than Le Mans cars).
Player View
  • For the love of God, player POV customization. Head/body position, FOV, remove hands, remove steering wheel, etc etc. Everyone has different screens and viewing circumstances. To not factor that in is silly. Even if it results in minor clipping... that's a price many will be willing to pay. This is long overdue. Same for out of car camera, give us some sliders.
Replays
  • GT replays are the best. I would just add to the types of camera styles/movements. More options for internal/on car cameras.
Economy
  • Grinding is not fun. Never was. Never will be. The only reason it exists is the feeling "accomplishment" and encourage more play time... which is meaningless if the journey isn't enjoyable. To solve this, there needs to be more and more varied ways to make money.
  • First, EVERY car should be purchasable from day 1. Maybe prices change, expensive/rare cars are won from difficult races, but chance should never be a factor.
  • Revenue sources. $ based on placement, driver rating multiplier, race difficulty/time, money from online races should factor in improvement over personal averages/bests, ability to sell liveries/car tunes, ability to host a race and require a buy in amount (stakes) for a pot, weekly money from keeping a certain driver rating, ability to sell cars on the open market (used car dealer), ability to sell photos for other players to use as posters in their own garage. There should be a part of the garage where you can see a breakdown of all the ways you are earning money, how much you are earning, etc. Bottom line... more ways to feel "accomplished", earn money, that doesn't involve grinding.
  • Driver rating affects actual DLC prices (0-10% discount).
  • No more grinding.
  • No more grinding.
Modes
  • A-Spec (career)
  • GT Sport (online, FIA GT stuff, etc)
  • Event (PD created races/scenarios, dynamic, changing, etc)
  • Training (license tests, previously mention autox generator, etc)
  • Track Creator (if in the cards)
  • Garage (see above ideas)
  • Marketplace (dealers, livery market, tune market, used cars, DLC purchase, etc)
  • Community (News, FIA GT replays, PD featured photos/liveries, surveys, etc)
  • Photo mode
  • Replays (replay saves, telemetry, etc)
That's all for now. Will do a 2nd post later.

Mould all of the things we have had since it all started (with a hell of a lot more detail obviously lol) ! From tracks we have not seen since gt1,2,3 etc to the used car dealerships, to the GT Auto , to the tuning (instead of using those sliders to make more bhp and weight reduction, very lazy in my opinion). Real GT OG's will understand where I am coming from. Customizing your own car would be on the top of my list. We have never had the chance to have licenced aftermarket parts in any GT. It would be absolutely amazing.

I know that I just posted, but:

Given that GT Sport was really successful at bringing GT into the e-sports realm, and because GT7 will likely continue to have a large e-sports presence, there should be an in-game system for organizing racing teams.

Such a 'racing teams' feature could address a number of the other suggestions here (such as sharing liveries). Right now, racing teams have people edit their PSN account to show who they race for, but if the feature was built into the game, it might be easier for real life sponsors to engage with the players (each team could have an in-game information page, for example, accessible when examining a player in that team's profile). Also, it would be pretty fun to create your own racing team with your friends.

PD could find lots of ideas for how to do this by looking to 'clan'-type features in other game genres, and I'm sure that lots of you here would also have some good ideas of how this could look.

Probably one of my favorite suggestions.

I can already imagine the interface. Shame I left my PC and drawing stuff in Portugal otherwise I'd make some concepts.

The Team tab/menu could have:

- up to 32 members (I think that's more than enough for most teams and there's some margin for special ocasional invitations)

- a tag that would show everywhere online (max of 5 characters). Example: "APG" for Apogee Racing Team would appear next to my name on leader boards (which would have a team column), during race and replays.

- a wall to post internal and external announcements, such as race calendar, events being organized or where team members participate, open or closed to recruiting new members, looking for a livery designer, tuner, etc.

- gallery where team members could upload some (there would be a maximum) photos or short replays of race action.

- a place to share/download liveries, decals, paints, setups, telemetry between members. Maybe cars too.

- overall stats for the team and individual members: total races started, total races finished, average position in Qualifying, average position at checkered flag, number of podiums and number of wins. Total kms and time driven. Most used cars and tracks. World records or top 10s 100s in leader boards.

- I'm sure I can think of more with a bit more time. I really love the idea.

Edit: - a space for a small resume of each member (optional)

Last edited:
The hardest part of these kinds of threads is coming up with a better way of doing it than the actual developers. Sure, I can suggest they fix things all day long but I don't really have any grandiose schemes for how certain aspects could be better. I do have a list of miscellaneous things that I would like improved for the next game, though.

GAMEPLAY
- I for one don't really care about the game becoming more realistic or whatnot, because there are other games for that. GT needs to continue being accessable to the masses like it always has been.
- Better AI difficulty. Every Gran Turismo game's hardest AI has been too easy for veteran racers.
- Maximum grid capacity increased to 26+ for the next game. (I think this will be a given with the PS5's firepower.)
- Should come with the territory of more powerful hardware, but a full day/night cycle and rain while hopefully retaining Sport's beautiful graphics.

- A rebalanced economy. Reduce the prices of classic cars and create series around them.
- I'd like the return of modifiable aero parts. Not the huge grotesque LB stuff, but some functional rear wings and canards for every car that actually improve downforce. Maybe have those parts be removable for races that require specific tuning requirements.

SPLIT THE CLASSES (hopefully this will come with more cars being featured in these new sub-classes)
  • Remove the Group C cars from Group 1.
  • Remove GT1 cars from Group 3
  • Re-balance or split the Group 2 class.
  • Remove the FWD cars from Group 4 and create a separate TCR class.
- Returning cars need to be categorized properly. For example, if the DTM cars from the early 2000s come back, they need their own class.

MODES
- I'd like to see a more expansive list of options for Arcade Mode. Penalties, multi-class, championships, race weekends, the works.
- Online shuffle mode with the option of either GT4 cars, TCR cars or N300-tier cars.
- If we're going to be keeping rallycross, please for the love of Kaz, let there be more than two cars on the track at a time.
- Oh yeah, just for the hell of it, bring back the GT5 B-Spec with the hireable drivers. Sometimes you'd just rather watch the race than drive in it yourself.
- I'd like the return of special manufacturer races and challenges that you can only access through the dealerships/brand centrals.

LIVERIES

- The livery editor is cool and all, but some people are just garbage at it, some editable templates would be nice for beginners.
- The ability to change the location and size of mandatory number plates on cars.
- The ability for AI cars to use custom liveries either from your own library or the internet. Forza has this capability already.
- A better filter/report function on the community. I still see a lot of NSFW stuff slipping through. Same goes for the reporting on people being idiots online in lobbies and Sport Mode. (I'm still seeing quite a bit of Pronhub in Sport Mode)
- For sure, editable window banners.
- This would be fun, but a "PlayStation Icons" stickerset that features tonnes of logos and characters from past and present PlayStation exclusives. So like the teams from Wipeout, or some LBP-style decals, and some logos and patterns from other series like Uncharted, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, etc. Also some logos and patterns inspired by all the different PlayStation Consoles as well.

NEW STUFF
- Just came up with this, but PD should have a couple presets for a "Duel Mode" in online lobbies. For example, the computer picks the duel (Evo vs WRX, 908 vs R10 TDI, 458 vs MP4-12C, Clio vs 208 GTI etc.) and half the lobby gets either car assigned to them at random.
- Clantags straight from Call of Duty, along with the return of communities from GT6 for organizing teams and events within the game itself.
- I'd like to see more varied locations for original tracks. Not every original track needs to be in Europe or Japan. Maybe an original track in South America, or a track somewhere in Africa even.

That's about everything I can think of for now. I really hope PD can strike a good balance between the old and new styles of Gran Turismo for this game. They have quite the challenge on their hands if they want to make both a good single-player racing game and a viable platform for continuing the E-Sport trend.

Last edited:
MY wish(ful thinking) list for GT7:

a Day 1 launch alongside the PS5 console. (likely won't happen, so how about a GT7p [prologue]? i.e & sooner than 2 and a half years after PS5 launch?

that's it, I'll leave the rest up to PD. it's not like anyone has any say in how Sony signs off on it anyhow.

I´d like to see something like "motec" in GT6 and - main point - one should be able to build a car (or many) setups and then create a lobby where only those cars beeing driven

Back