The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

In addition to the hypothetical "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" which respectively would be for vintage prototype and vintage grand tourers, I had an idea for another vintage racecar group, as there are four cars that will likely be in a future GT game that all competed in the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans: the Jaguar D-Type, the Cunningham C4-R, the Aston Martin DB3S, and the Maserati A6GCS. Despite the engine sizes of these cars being quite different, I could see PD putting them all into a single group, which I personally think could be fun.

Last edited:
I hope track environment graphic will be better as there is very big room for improvement here. No more reason to have ps2/ps3 2d trees/bushes and very low level quality textures on ps5 hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_5176.JPG
    IMG_5176.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5177.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
12hrs and above you would need to have the ability to use multiple drivers. A solo 12hr run is a huge toll physically and mentally, even if you're not experiencing all the g-forces of a real car.
Agreed - expecting anything above the length of GT3's endurance races feels absurd, and ironically unrealistic. I think even 4hrs would be pushing it.

Last edited:
12hrs and above you would need to have the ability to use multiple drivers. A solo 12hr run is a huge toll physically and mentally, even if you're not experiencing all the g-forces of a real car.
But GT5 has middle race save for that. But B-Spec should be expanded for team or such in the games.

But GT5 has middle race save for that. But B-Spec should be expanded for team or such in the games.
I still think it's dumb, even with B-Spec or the ability to save mid-race. I also don't think B-Spec should return - the better solution would to keep the endurances at 4hrs or less, as endurance drivers IRL seem to drive for about that long anyway for longer events. Besides, I'd rather be actually driving/tuning/etc. than managing some sort of Tamagotchi within Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
I still think it's dumb, even with B-Spec or the ability to save mid-race. I also don't think B-Spec should return - the better solution would to keep the endurances at 4hrs or less, as endurance drivers IRL seem to drive for about that long anyway for longer events. Besides, I'd rather be actually driving/tuning/etc. than managing some sort of Tamagotchi within Gran Turismo.
People are in craze of something more regarding racing games that GT is mocked for not having that, like team management, but you don't want B-Spec to return? B-Spec contains a tiny bit of team management like the pace selection or training drivers (GT5). I hate something like in GT5 too where B-Spec is mandatory, it must be interchangable like GT4, and as a way to "switch drivers", not solo, but B-Spec can be evolved into GT's team management aspect.

People are in craze of something more regarding racing games that GT is mocked for not having that, like team management, but you don't want B-Spec to return? B-Spec contains a tiny bit of team management like the pace selection or training drivers (GT5). I hate something like in GT5 too where B-Spec is mandatory, it must be interchangable like GT4, and as a way to "switch drivers", not solo, but B-Spec can be evolved into GT's team management aspect.
I’m just not a fan of events that are so long insofar you’d need to watch an AI driver do some of it for you.

Went back to play some GT6 recently...
The return of B-Spec, but with some extra steps:
  • The ability to create two drivers, with their own helmet/racing suit design.
  • Allow control over up to two vehicles at once
  • Set up each driver's initial fuel load & tire selection
  • Control each driver's MFD settings including Brake Bias and Fuel Mapping on the fly
  • All AI match your driving assists and have a chance of lockups on ABS Weak / ABS None depending on difficulty (setting)
I really just want the single player and non-sport-mode gameplay to be built up a little more. The custom races and mission challenges are excellent bases to start with, but I feel like they have the potential for more.

For Custom Race:
  • Set mandatory tires and tire restrictions for both the player and AI.
  • Random initial fuel load for AI in races with fuel consumption (setting)
  • AI allowed to select tires different tires (RH, RM and RS) in races with tire wear
  • Multiclass racing, or split grid of two or more different cars
  • Manually adjust power/weight of AI drivers (+Power/-Weight)
  • AI can choose from player created or PD created liveries
Online & Other stuff:
  • Northern Isle Festival layouts, or circuit layouts using them for time trial and other racing
  • Time Rally Mode for all tracks using cars in a similar PP range
  • Lap time targets for Free Run based on previous optimal times. Hitting the target provides XP or credits, since you can't get either in this mode.
  • Coffee break events that can be done in any car and any track (hit the cones, don't hit the barriers, etc.). Gran Turismo Arena makes a return with some randomly generated coffee break events
  • Shuffle racing
  • Track path editor. I miss it so much.
  • BB Raceway Daily becomes a thing

Shuffle racing and B-Spec were among my favs from GT5. Only thing I would add onto B-Spec is the return of 'Remote Races', where you can race your B-Spec drivers against your friends roster.

I'd like more synergy between the campaign and online play. Like, more Sport Mode events could use rulesets taken from the campaign, and there could be new events in the campaign for certain sub-groups of cars within a class, such as a campaign event reserved for Group C racers within Gr.1.

Between the campaign and online play, I'm hoping that GT7 will incentivize players to use almost every car in the game at least once.

Last edited:
I'd like more synergy between the campaign and online play. Like, more Sport Mode events could use rulesets taken from the campaign, and there could be new events in the campaign for certain sub-groups of cars within a class, such as a campaign event reserved for Group C racers within Gr.1.

Between the campaign and online play, I'm hoping that GT7 will incentivize players to use almost every car in the game at least once.
Well by that GT7's events should bring up GT2's multiple level race (but with GT3's amount of any classes like at least 3 races for 400 hp, or in this case, certain PP). Like in MR event, there's a low-level race such as cars like MR-S, there's middle level race such as cars like NSX, and there's high-level race such as cars like Enzo. But not only stock cars, let the opponent use something like tuned up cars too for the higher level (like in GT1), though dunno if letting racing cars (either pre-race or RM) enter those will make them too wacky.

There's one single thing that for me is make or brake GT7. It will decide if I am going to buy the game, and even the console.
The Penalty System.
If it's a simplistic and crude as it is in GTS it's a no buy for me.

My biggest wishes overall are the following:
1. A campaign and online play that incentivizes using almost every car in the game.
2. More character for cars - such as an option (either for you or the event itself, like how you can set the drafting strength) to have the transmission type, driving aids, etc. reflect the actual car. So for examples, with this option enabled, the McLaren F1 wouldn't have TCS, and the Ferrari 458 Italia would drive with an automatic transmission. If I were working on this game, I'd want players to still be interested in the cars on a gameplay-mechanical level, even if they were hypothetically not even licensed. I think a good example of this is how some cars can use ERS/DRS, and are placed in Gr.X accordingly, like the McLaren P1 GTR, or how others have their hybrid system represented in-game, even if it may not be deployed manually like in real life.
3. Tuning that incentivizes genuine experimentation, rather than either trial-and-error or copying someone else's tune.

Last edited:
There's one single thing that for me is make or brake GT7. It will decide if I am going to buy the game, and even the console.
The Penalty System.
If it's a simplistic and crude as it is in GTS it's a no buy for me.
I feel there is an often overlooked aspect of GTS that many do not participate in, where the current pen system works quite well
Yes, we're talking about organized League Racing, using the lobbies

Takes away most of the drama, and adds a BIG fun factor to the game that should not be discounted
ARL.jpg

I feel there is an often overlooked aspect of GTS that many do not participate in, where the current pen system works quite well
Yes, we're talking about organized League Racing, using the lobbies

Takes away most of the drama, and adds a BIG fun factor to the game that should not be discounted
View attachment 1002511
I am surely participating in those too. But that's maybe 2 times a week..for the rest I use sport mode.
I can't jump in an organised lobby anytime I like

I don't have a Xbox neither a gaming PC. I just watched a video of all the cars that are in Forza Horizon 4. This game pretty much has all of the cars I wish GT SPORT had. After watching that video, I kinda regret buying a PS5 instead of a Xbox Series X or a gaming PC. I hope GT7 has better, newer cars and also more luxury cars and street cars. About 97% of the cars in GT SPORT are no longer in production in real life...
Edit : I may buy a Series X just because of Forza Horizon 4 and the Microsoft Flight Simulator

Last edited:
Go for it. I have an old one to play FH4 and F7. I wish PD had all the Australian Cars as Forza, but glad I do have an XBox to have access to those cars.

It is a bit odd that GT Sport even has Bathurst without V8 Supercars.

Almost as weird as GT5 having Indianapolis, with no Indycar.

I don't have a Xbox neither a gaming PC. I just watched a video of all the cars that are in Forza Horizon 4. This game pretty much has all of the cars I wish GT SPORT had. After watching that video, I kinda regret buying a PS5 instead of a Xbox Series X or a gaming PC. I hope GT7 has better, newer cars and also more luxury cars and street cars. About 97% of the cars in GT SPORT are no longer in production in real life...
Edit : I may buy a Series X just because of Forza Horizon 4 and the Microsoft Flight Simulator

May just be personal preference, but Forza Horizon 4 driving physics give me no joy after playing GT Sport. It feels like such a waste to have such a large, and diverse car list... with a physics model that feels so incredibly numb. Every car feels the same to me.

Last edited:
Better AIs than those in GTS is essential if PD wants to retrieve the classic singleplayer gameplays in previous titles;
I really can't favor the chasing rabbits format and AI divebombers in races.

I'm expecting how PD will utilize the adaptive triggers and detailed vibrations of Dualsense, only pedal pressure simulation for the triggers and grip&road suface both go to vibrations OR more like the Forza way, pressure&grip go to the triggers and road surface goes to vibrations? TBH I'd favor the latter one, but no clue so far apart from Kaz's mentioning about the ABS thing.

I'm currently playing projectCARS 3 and I have to say that Gran Turismo could learn a thing or two from that game career mode.
I find it very enjoyable!

I really like the idea of race objectives and how you require to earn them to unlock the next event. This way it's not all about finish the first on the podium (which is, to be honest, could be a bit boring once repeated 100 times) but rather trying to find the best car/setup for each race to meet the objectives.

The game is not throwing cars at you, so you have to build your current car. It feels like you are really progressing as a racing driver. And I like that you earn money for levelling up and not from the races. This makes you actually try to accomplish objectives instead of just racing to be first. And money is now worth something because now you actually need to plan what car to buy to maximize its racing life and be illegible for certain events.

But if you want to race in arcade mode, all cars and tracks available, without any restrictions. I really like this approach.

It might be the strongest campaign in the racing genre for a while.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo could learn a thing or two from that game career mode.

The same is true of many games, not just racing games. Lots of innovation and interesting new ideas to make linear campaigns more fun and engaging.

Sadly last we heard PD/Kaz don't look at other games, they just run with their own ideas. Well, except for when Kaz got obsessed with Bad Piggies and we ended up with the three stars system in GT6.

This has probably been suggested allready but I feel like i cant stress this enough. Get rid of chase the rabbit with this simple trick: Qualifier!

Adding a qualify session (which you can skip while also starting further back in the grid) would be a game changer from where we are now (chase the rabbit in gtsport makes the grind utterly (...).

May just be personal preference, but Forza Horizon 4 driving physics give me no joy after playing GT Sport. It feels like such a waste to have such a large, and diverse car list... with a physics model that feels so incredibly numb. Every car feels the same to me.
Likely Forza Horizon 4's approachable gameplay to casuals is enough to make the large car list a huge success to others, unlike Forza Motorsport or GT,

I'm currently playing projectCARS 3 and I have to say that Gran Turismo could learn a thing or two from that game career mode.

I really like the idea of race objectives and how you require to earn them to unlock the next event. This way it's not all about finish the first on the podium (which is, to be honest, could be a bit boring once repeated 100 times) but rather trying to find the best car/setup for each race to meet the objectives.

The game is not throwing cars at you, so you have to build your current car. It feels like you are really progressing as a racing driver. And I like that you earn money for levelling up and not from the races. This makes you actually try to accomplish objectives instead of just racing to be first. And money is now worth something because now you actually need to plan what car to buy to maximize its racing life and be illegible for certain events.

But if you want to race in arcade mode, all cars and tracks available, without any restrictions. I really like this approach.

Didn't expect for this view, appreciation to PC3's one despite being dumbed down from PC2. But GT's thing is more like, they organize each races into certain categories, at least in older games, like the general car events are in Beginner/Intermediate/etc., while there's also races with one manufacturer in the event section of the manufacturers, and races with unusual conditions are in Driving Missions or Special Events. GT is more like sandbox-type of career to throw cars at you, trying wide range of cars, and being free to enter any event as long as you complete any license (and you can proceed all the way until S before entering any events), along with the different type of restrictions.

The same is true of many games, not just racing games. Lots of innovation and interesting new ideas to make linear campaigns more fun and engaging.

Sadly last we heard PD/Kaz don't look at other games, they just run with their own ideas. Well, except for when Kaz got obsessed with Bad Piggies and we ended up with the three stars system in GT6.
If they do, then instead they'll get backlash of being uncreative and uninspired, GT just being a clone of the other games...

This has probably been suggested allready but I feel like i cant stress this enough. Get rid of chase the rabbit with this simple trick: Qualifier!

Adding a qualify session (which you can skip while also starting further back in the grid) would be a game changer from where we are now (chase the rabbit in gtsport makes the grind utterly (...).
Considering the very first GT game has qualifying...

There are some good things about PC3's career mode but the race objectives isn't one of them. I don't think having to hit the perfect apex 3 times in a race is something GT7 needs. I think they can take the emphasis away from havnig to finish 1st all the time in other ways. Make the races harder but make it a good achievement in the game to finish on the podium.

One way they could do that is by revising the Championship prize formula so you get prize money for finishing the championship in the top 3, not just 1st. I also considered a revision to the prize car formula, give each championship 3 possible prize cars. If you finish first you get to pick which one you want from the 3. If you finish second, a random one is removed form the selection and you pick from the other two, and if you finish 3rd you are given a random car from the 3. So you still have a sense of achievement even if you don't outright win the championship.

That's just one thought on improving the rewards system but there's a lot of things you can do the make it more immerive and fun at the same time. Making 3rd feel like an accomplishment and receiving meaningful rewards for that means you can make the races harder and more fun at the same time. As long as they remove the chase the rabbit.

Last edited:
There are some good things about PC3's career mode but the race objectives isn't one of them. I don't think having to hit the perfect apex 3 times in a race is something GT7 needs. I think they can take the emphasis away from havnig to finish 1st all the time in other ways. Make the races harder but make it a good achievement in the game to finish on the podium.

One way they could do that is by revising the Championship prize formula so you get prize money for finishing the championship in the top 3, not just 1st. I also considered a revision to the prize car formula, give each championship 3 possible prize cars. If you finish first you get to pick which one you want from the 3. If you finish second, a random one is removed form the selection and you pick from the other two, and if you finish 3rd you are given a random car from the 3. So you still have a sense of achievement even if you don't outright win the championship.

That's just one thought on improving the rewards system but there's a lot of things you can do the make it more immerive and fun at the same time. Making 3rd feel like an accomplishment and receiving meaningful rewards for that means you can make the races harder and more fun at the same time. As long as they remove the chase the rabbit.
I don't agree. PC3 objectives makes you a better driver and shifts focus from "win the podium" to be a "better driver", but at the same time keeping the racing fun and engaging.

Just to give you an example: Objective: Clean (no contact) overtake 10 opponents in the first 1:15 sec of the race.
Now you need to tune your car for better acceleration, but as result, you will lose top speed and the car will become harder to control. And now throw the rain into the mix. Stuff like this makes every race a small challenge to play with. It pushes you out of your comfort zone. More accomplished objectives - more XP you are getting. XP levelling is what earns you money. Money buys cars.

Don't get me wrong... Nothing wrong with prize cars. But when you have 20 cars! in your garage just after 2 hours of repeated racing, it doesn't make you feel like it's worth accomplishing your career. FH4 suffering from the same problem.

Looking back at the GT sport, I have all the mission challenges and track experience events completed, but in GT league mode... I didn't even progress more than 10%. It's just not fun.

GT career needs focus. Right now it's more like a sandbox. But why do I need to play career if I can play arcade mode instead and set my own rules?
The game desperately needs a fresh, well-thought-out career mode.

Back