The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I would love to be able to buy other players' old, crappy cars (with scratches, dents, bad brakes etc...) from the used car dealership and restore them (thanks to the GT Auto and the tuning parts shop) and make them look like as if they were brand new

Last edited:
I have fallen in love with custom races and wish for more options. Specifically the ability to select which cars are included in the field of ai opponents and to create a pool of liveries for the game to pull from for them to use. I pretty much want to create my own tailor-made championship grids.

Racing from standing starts against expert ai in Super GT machines is so much fun, but I don't want to see the old cars and new cars mixed, and I want there to be more than just the single matching livery on every duplicate car.

I was playing GT SPORT (DAILY RACES) and I realized how much I miss the horn from GT6, GT5 etc... It's a way of swearing at idiots without actually doing it and getting yourself banned
That could and definitely would be abused by certain people to annoy other drivers, trying to destroy their focus. I can only imagine really poor scenarios with that. Flashing lights is superior for said issue.

Wish we had that feature in Forza Horizon Australia, where we beep the horn and a train of cars follow. Would love to have that feature with these three and switch to each car at will.
8070460439287301124_0.jpg

PD let us take pictures of cars' interiors! PLEASE! I mean they are so detailed in GT SPORT but there is no way to take a picture of a car's interior. (yes I know you can in replays but I want to take photos of the interiors from different angles and without the driver being inside the car). Whyyyy? I can only do that in GT5 by glitching inside the car while in photo mode

New here and there's lots of cool suggestions in this thread; hope I'm not repeating someone.

One thing on the replay front I'd like to see in GT7 is perhaps having markers in the replay bar.

I've kinda wanted the ability to more easily find my fastest lap in the replay and if it's a longer race I have to track through the race to try and find it. Perhaps if the replay bar had some lap and/or sector markers with purple/green/yellow indicators for our sector times; purely self-indulgent but I do enjoy reviewing how I got my purple sectors.

Also, maybe some more audio track options for the replays? Switching off the music or picking tracks for the replay.

And(!) on the note of soundtracks I would love the ability to have a "race playlist" or something. GT has some great music, menu music is second to none, but there are certain songs that are beyond distracting and not having an ability to shut them off or skip them can be brutally frustrating.

Custom Race: Make it truly "Customizable", let me choose the grid I have to face through any Option! It is absurd that such a trivial Option must be available through the Secret Menu (Gran Turismo 4 or Gran Turismo 5 for example...), why can't you let me choose which car to tackle? Imagine how many scenarios you could ever create with truly Customizable Options, change the Driver's name, choose his tire compound, car livery and starting order, you would immortalize your game with such simple decisions, don't make it like the GT Sport that every time you have to chase the two BMW M6s, please!

Championship: Please make a Championship what it is and not like what we have today in the GT League, what "Championship" is it if we don't have the points classification and the events are detached from each other?

Last edited:
Has anybody mentioned multi-class racing yet? I think it would be a real challenge both in story mode and online to have real multi-class races, maybe split the grid in half, I'm not sure. Presumably this will be a PS5-only game and will allow even larger grids so halving it for two different classes would be nice.

That, and a multi-class BOP which is automatic would be lovely. That way instead of having to choose your class and then BOPing the cars within it, you could choose whatever classes you want in your private lobby for example, and then apply a universal BOP. That way it would be easier to race an Enzo against a Viper against an NSX...not realistic at all, of course, but fun. It's difficult to do currently because you have to manually modify the cars to be equal rather than the game automatically applying BOP.

Being able to change wheel width and offset is the simplest of features that is long overdue. It's not even worth modifying street cars if they can't look decent when you're done with them.

Has anybody mentioned multi-class racing yet? I think it would be a real challenge both in story mode and online to have real multi-class races, maybe split the grid in half, I'm not sure. Presumably this will be a PS5-only game and will allow even larger grids so halving it for two different classes would be nice.

That, and a multi-class BOP which is automatic would be lovely. That way instead of having to choose your class and then BOPing the cars within it, you could choose whatever classes you want in your private lobby for example, and then apply a universal BOP. That way it would be easier to race an Enzo against a Viper against an NSX...not realistic at all, of course, but fun. It's difficult to do currently because you have to manually modify the cars to be equal rather than the game automatically applying BOP.

Being able to change wheel width and offset is the simplest of features that is long overdue. It's not even worth modifying street cars if they can't look decent when you're done with them.
MUlti-class is mentioned many times.

An example how there is slight multi-class in GT Sport SPort Mode: Gr.1.

During Gr.1 races, we have the new LMPs and Group C. Wouldn't take much to program a groiup of cars to start in their similar groups. Say, 2016 LMPs start ahead of Group C, no matter how many cars are in a room.
The GT League races with Super GT have this programmed in. The well known Mission Challenge 6/8 have Gr.3 starting ahead of Gr.4.

With how fast PS5 processes, PD could limit the cars as well. Similar to how even today's Daily Race A have only european fwd hatchbacks. PD could limit the choices to 2016 LMPs and 2016 GT3 cars for multi-class: Players choosing Garage cars and/or "borrowed" choices.

I still just want a proper bonnet camera. Feels like 90% of the cars I've driven in GT Sport have a roof camera, and some of them are just not immersive at all, you feel like Mr Bean sat on the roof. Funnily enough, the Mini is one with that problem.
Yeah this. Some of the fastest players use this roof cam but I don't get it. It feels remote and disconnected to me. I have to use the bumper cam to be my quickest.

@05XR8 You reminded me of the daily races and at this point this has probably also been mentioned: Why the hell are there only three daily races? The fact that they last a week is great because it gives working people a chance to get in on the fun, but there should be at least one race for each class, and one or two goofy ones thrown in the mix as well.

I personally have never had an issue with failed matching at most times of the day, even at 4am eastern when most of North America has already gone to bed. I think there's plenty of availability for 6-10 daily races each week, or at least for expansion as GT7 is more widely adopted. While I do love GT, I've relied on daily races in GT7 for amusement and there are some weeks when I simply don't play it because the races aren't appetizing. The presentation and progression of GTS's "career mode" doesn't inspire me at all.

After two or three months i played GT Sport daily races and i 'won' the daily car... i saw again the "faults" of GT Sport like cars you can't earn nothing from 'selling' them; daily roulette that always gives to you the most "useless" cars; and finaly the "Scrooginess" system of PD that is too hard to earn money. In GT7 i wish to improve in these points to become a much better Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
ZEE
I mean calling it tuning shop is really bad at the mo, and the name under-steer engineering screams unfinished game alert, lol.
It should be pointed out that "Understeer Engineering" is part of the series lore now ever since GTS. It makes sense to establish on that for lore-sake. I mean they could just call it GT Auto, but that feels generic nowadays.

Has anyone mentioned a proper spectator mode? I'd love to watch FIA races, for example, however and whenever I want. Idk if this is already a thing in Sport.

Has anyone mentioned a proper spectator mode? I'd love to watch FIA races, for example, however and whenever I want. Idk if this is already a thing in Sport.
I know I've asked for this a looooong time ago.

I don't know how it works(in regards to hosting a Lobby), but even if players wanted to enter an FIA race and watch without racing, it can't be done. May be region specific, if it could be done. As in, players in Australia can link up with only Australian rooms, New Zealand links with New Zealanders, Japan links with Japanese players only, etc. I don't know.

I still just want a proper bonnet camera. Feels like 90% of the cars I've driven in GT Sport have a roof camera, and some of them are just not immersive at all, you feel like Mr Bean sat on the roof. Funnily enough, the Mini is one with that problem.

Yeah this. Some of the fastest players use this roof cam but I don't get it. It feels remote and disconnected to me. I have to use the bumper cam to be my quickest.

Got Dirt Rally 2.0 at the weekend, it's crazy how much better the proper bonnet camera is on all cars, but the Mini really does highlight the issue.

wfLdOZB.jpg

tXxqwl5.jpg

It's not just the height on the GT camera, it's also too far back towards the centre of the car, makes you feel like the car is pivoting beneath you whereas the Dirt position feels like a clean view out of the cockpit. If anything it could also be a teeny bit lower and wider FOV, but it's pretty good. Way more immersive.

Yeah, I really wanted to use roof cam (bonnet cam for you tea sippers) and I just can't do it. There is too much of a disconnect.

What are the chances of players being able to transfer their liveries over from GT Sport? This is actually of the utmost importance to me.

Yeah, I really wanted to use roof cam (bonnet cam for you tea sippers) and I just can't do it. There is too much of a disconnect.

What are the chances of players being able to transfer their liveries over from GT Sport? This is actually of the utmost importance to me.
Based on the fact that Sport mode is included in GT7 I would imagine both games will run on the same servers. The sensible choice would be for all of Sport's server content, from the racing to the liveries, will stay the same for GT7, and both games will be compatible in Sport Mode. For performance reasons, if GT7 expands the selection of daily races and/or increases car numbers then I imagine the PS4 version will only be able to access the three traditional races we've always gotten while GT7 players will have access to the extended list.

@Jordan, in reference to your experience with GTS on PS5, and regarding the post above, do the liveries look hi-res when you take a pic in Sport Mode?

If the GTS liveries are transferrable to GT7, do PD have to work magic to make the liveries look better with Ray tracing?

Based on the fact that Sport mode is included in GT7

Whilst it is incredibly unlikely they would get rid of it, do bear in mind that initial trailer was shown in June 2019. At minimum that is going to be 18 months before release, but more than likely 2.5 years before GT7 is actually released.

I don't think we can take anything seen in that trailer as being guaranteed in the final game now we know how far away from the final game it was, just like when they showed off very early versions of past games.

Got Dirt Rally 2.0 at the weekend, it's crazy how much better the proper bonnet camera is on all cars, but the Mini really does highlight the issue.

wfLdOZB.jpg

tXxqwl5.jpg

It's not just the height on the GT camera, it's also too far back towards the centre of the car, makes you feel like the car is pivoting beneath you whereas the Dirt position feels like a clean view out of the cockpit. If anything it could also be a teeny bit lower and wider FOV, but it's pretty good. Way more immersive.
Personally i prefer the bonnet camera on GT,it gives you a higher range of view, also i like that is placed way back in the center of th car (in fact not all the cars have this camera placement, it differs from car to car)

Last edited:
Bonnet cam should be adjustable. When I use the Huracan and Atenza, the views are too high and only a snippet of the bonnet shows. Meanwhile, a car like the Mustangs(N400/Gr.3 road car/Gr.4/Gr.3), the whole bonnet is visible. Then again, The in-car views for the Mustang are perfect. Excellent vision ahead.

Bonnet cam should be adjustable. When I use the Huracan and Atenza, the views are too high and only a snippet of the bonnet shows. Meanwhile, a car like the Mustangs(N400/Gr.3 road car/Gr.4/Gr.3), the whole bonnet is visible. Then again, The in-car views for the Mustang are perfect. Excellent vision ahead.
Yeah that is the best way,just put the option to freely place the camera around the car and a fov slider (this should be done for all the views not only the bonnet one) and everyone will be happy

Last edited:
With AMD's announcement of FidelityFX (their answer to Nvidia's DLSS), I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to hope GT7 will be capable of 4k/120hz with ray traced reflections.

The new AMD cards don't have any dedicated hardware for machine learning like Nvidia's tensor cores, so they're still way behind and DLSS 2.0 is still going to be a generation ahead of anything FidelityFX provides. 4k 120fps with RT reflections is unreasonable even on a 2080ti with DLSS 2.0. :crazy:

Back