The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I don't agree. PC3 objectives makes you a better driver and shifts focus from "win the podium" to be a "better driver", but at the same time keeping the racing fun and engaging.

Just to give you an example: Objective: Clean (no contact) overtake 10 opponents in the first 1:15 sec of the race.
Now you need to tune your car for better acceleration, but as result, you will lose top speed and the car will become harder to control. And now throw the rain into the mix. Stuff like this makes every race a small challenge to play with. It pushes you out of your comfort zone. More accomplished objectives - more XP you are getting. XP levelling is what earns you money. Money buys cars.
Which doesn't interest or appeal to me at all. I don't want my success in a race to be dertmined by if I overtook 10 cars in the first 2 minutes of a race or hit 3 apexes in a single lap. That's fine for a traiing scenario but not as an objective in an actual race. I don't think Lewis Hamilton gets less respect if he wins a race but doesn't hit every apex or overtake a certain number of cars within a limited time frame. It doesn't help me or appeal to me at all to be focusing more on those objectives than winning the race. Ultimately the primary objective should be finishing in as good a final position as you can, anything that detracts or complicates that isn't needed IMO. What I would do though is make finishing on the podium feel like an accomplishment rather than the feeling of having to win every race or it's failure.

Don't get me wrong... Nothing wrong with prize cars. But when you have 20 cars! in your garage just after 2 hours of repeated racing, it doesn't make you feel like it's worth accomplishing your career. FH4 suffering from the same problem.

Looking back at the GT sport, I have all the mission challenges and track experience events completed, but in GT league mode... I didn't even progress more than 10%. It's just not fun.
The prize car idea was just one idea which would deflect from having to finish first all the time. I don't mind winning prize cars. Removing prize cars for completing a single race would help alleviate the feeling of having cars thrown at you. There are GT games where I felt like cars were thrown at me too fast and GT games where I didn't, but all featured prize cars. FH4 did throw cars at you at what felt like every few minutes, especially early on. I do agree with the thought that getting too many too fast is a bad thing, but I don't think that means getting rid of prize cars altogether.

GT career needs focus. Right now it's more like a sandbox. But why do I need to play career if I can play arcade mode instead and set my own rules?
The game desperately needs a fresh, well-thought-out career mode.
It needs to evolve and not revolutionise itself IMO. Keep what makes it GT, get rid of the chase the rabit races and make the races against the AI more engaging.

Last edited:
Which doesn't interest or appeal to me at all. I don't want my success in a race to be dertmined by if I overtook 10 cars in the first 2 minutes of a race or hit 3 apexes in a single lap. That's fine for a traiing scenario but not as an objective in an actual race. I don't think Lewis Hamilton gets less respect if he wins a race but doesn't hit every apex or overtake a certain number of cars within a limited time frame. It doesn't help me or appeal to me at all to be focusing more on those objectives than winning the race. Ultimately the primary objective should be finishing in as good a final position as you can, anything that detracts or complicates that isn't needed IMO. What I would do though is make finishing on the podium feel like an accomplishment rather than the feeling of having to win every race or it's failure.
Well no, but F1 drivers who won a race or get a podium from a position far behind like below 10th, which would include many overtaking (of course no time limit) does get more respect and acclaim based on that moment :P

Well no, but F1 drivers who won a race or get a podium from a position far behind like below 10th, which would include many overtaking (of course no time limit) does get more respect and acclaim based on that moment :P
That's true, but their objective is never to hit 3 Apexes or overtake 10 cars in the first 2 minutes of the race. It's to finish as high a position as they can, and they use race strategy to try to accomplish that. There are many ways to make races in GT7 more engaging but I don't think these types of race objectives are the way to do it. They've been in racing games for quite a while but would be a regressive step for GT to put them in GT7 IMO.

I'm sure they could replace the licenses with a reputation system that takes how well you drive into consideration, but that should be an aside to races and not a case of "in this race we want you to do a lap in less than 1:05 and in the next race we want you to draft someone for 10 seconds before you overtake them". Stuff like that is fine in a challege or mission type event, but not in the races.

Last edited:
If they do, then instead they'll get backlash of being uncreative and uninspired, GT just being a clone of the other games...

If they straight up copy and paste someone else's idea, sure. Nobody is advocating for that, but looking to others for inspiration in advancing your own ideas is extremely common in creative industries. Unless you're some sort of creative genius with unlimited ideas flowing out of your mind, you need some inspiration and other ideas every now and then.

Not even bothering to look at what other people are doing is very short sighted IMO. Even if you look at another game and decide you like your ideas better that is fine. But you've got to at least look.

Not doing so is what has surely led to GT being mostly the same game from GT1-6.

Last edited:
Something I would like to see is some of the GT Sport original tracks being improved upon. I'm not making a critique in any way but things can always be better.

Another thing I'd like to see is an original track created in collaboration with a motorsport celebrity, like a famous driver.

Definitely not a fan of the PC3 objectives. Not something I want to see in GT.

Turns racing into a series of arbitrary checkboxes where your actual result doesn't really even matter.
It's probably not really racing related, but I'd really like if those objectives are presented as sponsor objectives instead (so there's an option to choose sponsors depending on the objective), but PC3 really removed the motorsport aspects, like pit stop and qualifying (this one's similar to GT in 2 and from 5 onwards).

Optional objectives in race events can be fun and add to the gameplay if done right IMO. We've got to always remember we're playing a game for fun, we're not real racing drivers.

I've not played PC3 so I can't comment on those but as long as the tasks are something that can come naturally and with skill rather than something you go out of your way to do, I'd be on board. Off the top of my head, you could do something like

- Don't lose any positions within the first three corners
- Post three laps within 1 second of each other
- Finish the race with at least 25% tyre life
- Don't damage your car
- Don't go off track

It would just give you something else to aim for during the event. They should always be bonuses on top of the primary goal of finishing position though, not the sole goal in completing an event. Again not played PC3 so don't know if they do that, but it sounds like they do reading above. Anything like that should be reserved for special events IMO, not regular career events. You don't want to have people constantly restarting events because they're all required and they miss one, or if you make the rewards too high.

You don't want to have people constantly restarting events because they're all required and they miss one, or if you make the rewards too high.
In PC3 you can always replay the event if you missed one of the objectives. No need to beat them all in one run. It saves a lot of frustration.

- offline Practice function: able to assign specific AI cars to participate while the user drives around

- ability to assign specific AI cars in Custom Race

- AI BOP activation in Custom Race

- ability to default custom car setups(gear settings, suspension settings, power/weight, tyres, downforce) in Custom Race and online Lobby,

- allow Host to share garage cars for online Lobby

- raised letter/painted/sticker tyre branding for all cars

- bring back the 3-mode light function(Parker, low beam, high beam/fog light) and add rear fog light activation in fine weather

- activate rear wiper when windscreen wipers are activated

- bring back open/close roof options for convertibles

- bring back factory wheel purchase option from GT4
I had to quote myself again. I play AC and ACC. In ACC, the groups are specific. The real GT4 cars. It's the main reason why I bought the game. I'd like to mkae a similar grid in Gran Turismo and save that line up for future races. In AC, the option is there to assign AI cars. I can make a grid out of any type of car. One Make to each car from a different discipline. An F1 car on the grid, down to an AE86 in the same grid. Not just a multi-class feature, but an any class feature.

I'm really getting itchy because, not only is the GT4 European season starting, GT Sport FIA is starting as well. In one of the FIA events, PD have pre-selected only the Gr.3 German brand cars, to participate in the N24 race. It's been something the community been wanting to do. It's a complaint, a whine/whinge, but it's also a game neccessity in this franchise. Those of us that play offline, need this one specific feature/option. It's a must to maximise the immersion and infinite replayability, of the game, moving forward.

It's not about me closing the Gran Turismo application to switch and play AC. I want to keep playing GT, but with this feature. Gran Turismo only allowing my car to be the only car outside a given group, is just teasing us players that use Custom Race.

Just allows players to play the game how they want.

I think I want more paid DLC in the vein of the Lewis Hamilton Challenge DLC from GT Sport, except I also hope that it's not as brutally hard. I do have all golds on the LH Challenge plus a few diamonds, but I don't think getting all diamonds is realistic for me.

We should consider that every GT title since GT5 has had paid DLC in some form, whether it includes cars/tracks like with GT5, buying credits like in GT6, or buying cars directly with real-world money that you can alternatively buy with in-game credits like in GT Sport. (I think GT5 had the worst DLC while GT Sport had the most ideal take.)

I really do think that DLC in a similar format to the the Lewis Hamilton Challenge has potential. Like, what if they brought back certain Special Events from prior games, revived as DLC? This said, there'd still be plenty of special events you could enter without spending anything beyond GT7's price in itself.

In this vein, I could see something like the Goodwood Festival of Speed Hillclimb being DLC in GT7 - not so much the track itself, but a new series of time trials with all sorts of cars that either were not featured in GT6's version of the event, or weren't in GT6 at all. I recall reading that one stage of the GT6 event had you pilot the 2011 iteration of the Audi R18, so maybe a revived version of this event could task you with driving the newer, 2016 R18 - or even a different Gr.1 car entirely, like the Mazda 787B. Speaking of which, maybe it could feature GT icons, like those featured in that new series of videos I've been seeing on the Gran Turismo channel on YouTube.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with whatever kind of paid DLC so long as no car/content are locked entirely behind unrealistically hard time trials.

I really do think that DLC in a similar format to the the Lewis Hamilton Challenge has potential. Like, what if they brought back certain Special Events from prior games, revived as DLC?

Without actually containing new cars or tracks, just the events themselves? Why would you be OK with paying for that?

Without actually containing new cars or tracks, just the events themselves? Why would you be OK with paying for that?

Large amounts of Credits and XP I guess. I don't get it either. At that point, I would prefer them just bring back Seasonal Events, and have random real life drivers, Gran Turismo World Cup winners,and maybe Youtubers set lap times to be beat every other week or so.

Last edited:
To be clear I'm totally fine with genuine premium quality DLC, but I don't understand why people are happy to pay for something that adds so little to the game, like the Hamilton DLC. If you can already drive X car around Y track without the DLC I'm not going to pay for you to set up that exact event just so it pays out "premium" credits. That's scummy.

If Goodwood was included in GT7 at launch, am I going to pay for new events there that give out credits for driving certain cars up it? Hell no.

It's not single use paint chips bad DLC, but it's not much better.

Last edited:
To be clear I'm totally fine with genuine premium quality DLC, but I don't understand why people are happy to pay for something that adds so little to the game, like the Hamilton DLC. If you can already drive X car around Y track without the DLC I'm not going to pay for you to set up that exact event just so it pays out "premium" credits. That's scummy.

If Goodwood was included in GT7 at launch, am I going to pay for new events there that give out credits for driving certain cars up it? Hell no.

I agree with your sentiment, but if the tradeoff is that we get loads of free cars and tracks but have to pay a smaller amount for some extra (easilly avoidable) events just like GT Sport then great, but that's not the way round that makes the most practical sense for the developer. I would like to see them give us everything for free, but I don't expect that, nor do I think it's fair to expect that to be provided despite what we got with GT Sport.

Maybe as and when they release new cars and tracks though they could include new events as part of that purchase that makes use of the associated cars and tracks. That'd make sense to me and as long as the content is good I wouldn't mind paying for it as part of a car/track pack.

I never did purchase the Lewis Hamilton DLC, I know it paid out a lot of Cr and maybe I'd whinge less about not earning enough Cr for the more expensive cars with it, but at the end of the day you're paying for a time trial and I'm not going to spend my money on that any more than I'd ever spend money on buying a virtual car in game that is obtainable for free in the game or purchainsg in game currency.

Also I can measure myself against those same times by researching what times you have to beat in the DLC and just hotlapping those tracks in the respective cars. So I really don't see the point. But I'd be happy to get free cars and then nominal paid DLC that can be easilly ignored in GT7, it just doesn't make sense for PD to do it that way to me.

Last edited:
I agree with your sentiment, but if the tradeoff is that we get loads of free cars and tracks but have to pay a smaller amount for some extra (easilly avoidable) events just like GT Sport then great, but that's not the way round that makes the most practical sense for the developer. I would like to see them give us everything for free, but I don't expect that, nor do I think it's fair to expect that to be provided despite what we got with GT Sport.

Maybe as and when they release new cars and tracks though they could include new events as part of that purchase that makes use of the associated cars and tracks. That'd make sense to me and as long as the content is good I wouldn't mind paying for it as part of a car/track pack.

I never did purchase the Lewis Hamilton DLC, I know it paid out a lot of Cr and maybe I'd whinge less about not earning enough Cr for the more expensive cars with it, but at the end of the day you're paying for a time trial and I'm not going to spend my money on that any more than I'd ever spend money on buying a virtual car in game that is obtainable for free in the game or purchainsg in game currency.

Also I can measure myself against those same times by researching what times you have to beat in the DLC and just hotlapping those tracks in the respective cars. So I really don't see the point. But I'd be happy to get free cars and then nominal paid DLC that can be easilly ignored in GT7, it just doesn't make sense for PD to do it that way to me.

They were certainly generous with making all of the cars and tracks free but I'd definitely be more willing to part with money for those than events. I don't think anyone can really complain if totally new content after launch is at a premium cost. I get why they want to make the tracks free, to avoid splitting of the player base, but I think if you've got a big enough list to start with that becomes less and less of an issue. It was an issue with GTS though for sure, which may explain their choice, especially given the online nature.

If GT7 launches with a solid roster of cars and tracks off the bat then I see no reason they can't start charging for some or all of the post release cars and tracks, alongside some free sprinklings, which is what other games seem to go for.

But paying solely for entry into events? Definitely no more of that please.

Last edited:
I would like some Initial D content (cars and mountain roads from the sereies).This manga/anime it is so famous around the world and especially in Japan that i don't understand how PD never thought to make a collab with this big name

I would like some Initial D content (cars and mountain roads from the sereies).This manga/anime it is so famous around the world and especially in Japan that i don't understand how PD never thought to make a collab with this big name
They did, IIRC there was an Initial D AE86 in GT6 or GT5

So what's your idea of premium quality DLC, then? I don't think you could add new cars/tracks, as that would lock players out of content.

So what's your idea of premium quality DLC, then? I don't think you could add new cars/tracks, as that would lock players out of content.

Sure you could. As long as the game launches with a large enough amount of content then people missing out on a few DLC cars isn't going to cause massive fracture. Plenty of other games do it, in all genres. If we are paying only for features they would have to be completely new, not something you can already do in the game.

Sure you could. As long as the game launches with a large enough amount of content then people missing out on a few DLC cars isn't going to cause massive fracture. Plenty of other games do it, in all genres. If we are paying only for features they would have to be completely new, not something you can already do in the game.
I suppose so, but what about Sport Mode? Do you just never have that content in rotation?

I suppose so, but what about Sport Mode? Do you just never have that content in rotation?

Cars would be fine, so long as they don't add any totally new groups in DLC. Or if they do, they can add one free car. Tracks either they don't include them or allow people to use them only in Sport Mode if they haven't bought them. I feel like GT5 or GT6 did that at one point, or some other game?

Semi-related to that, actual "broadcast quality" replays/spectator view. They claim GTS already has it but I really can't watch any eSports broadcasts because the cameras are really poor. They still have the issue that the "camera" has to be always focused on one car, which real broadcasts do not. Plus the lack of static camera angles and weird zoom in to the car when they pass the camera.

Maybe something fundamentally different from the base game rather than just more of the same content. For example, bikes.

Imagine essentially a modern Tourist Trophy as premium paid DLC.

Last edited:
This is to add about the sounds. In GTS, we can upgrade the power, suspension, tyres and transmission. Doesn't neccessarily turn road cars into race cars, but the sounds should reflect/replicate as such. Hopefully we see a change in GT7.

Using the E30. We can make it look and tune it tpo race car specs. We just need the sound(and a bit more suspension tuning).

Back