The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

One thing that I've brought up in the FIA Discussion thread for GT Sport - it annoys me that, at least since GT5, the game only considers a car to have completed a lap once it's halfway over the finish line, instead when the car first touches the finish line, as in real life - examples below. Would surely be an easy fix for GT7.

GT Sport:

upload_2021-5-10_22-39-24.png

GT5:

upload_2021-5-10_22-39-39.png

Also, on a completely different note - some of the smaller details at GT Sport's original tracks could do with some polishing for GT7. For instance, take Dragon Trail - at pretty much every corner, the barriers sit in the middle of the run-off area/gravel trap. Why not just push the barrier back to the edge of the run-off?

upload_2021-5-10_22-45-52.png

I mean, honestly, who designed this? :lol:

Also, on a completely different note - some of the smaller details at GT Sport's original tracks could do with some polishing for GT7. For instance, take Dragon Trail - at pretty much every corner, the barriers sit in the middle of the run-off area/gravel trap. Why not just push the barrier back to the edge of the run-off?

View attachment 1010135

The sand was already there and they couldn't reduce the size of the pit, so they just put a fence through it to define the track boundary.

The sand was already there and they couldn't reduce the size of the pit, so they just put a fence through it to define the track boundary.

At every corner, though? Maybe it's just a really sandy area... should've been set in the Sahara desert, stick some sand dunes around the place as well :lol:

At every corner, though? Maybe it's just a really sandy area... should've been set in the Sahara desert, stick some sand dunes around the place as well :lol:
But Rattlesnake Seaside doesn't quite have the same ring as Dragon Trail Seaside

Last edited:
But Rattlesnake Seaside doesn't quite have the same ring as Dragon Trail Seaside

Fair point... Sahara Seaside? And instead of Dragon Trail Gardens, Sahara Oasis?

Edit: Here, the new setting for the track:

upload_2021-5-13_22-47-1.png

Last edited:
One thing that I've brought up in the FIA Discussion thread for GT Sport - it annoys me that, at least since GT5, the game only considers a car to have completed a lap once it's halfway over the finish line, instead when the car first touches the finish line, as in real life - examples below. Would surely be an easy fix for GT7.

GT Sport:

GT5:

View attachment 1010135

Man, I miss that Corvette C6 Race Modified.

My dream would be a complete in VR playable Gran Turismo 7 without any compromises.

The news about the foveated rendering (only the area you are look at, is rendered in full quality) in the new PSVR2 System is very promising.

My personal Vision is, that you can buy your cars, instead of scrolling thru Menus, by visiting a recreated Car dealership and like in the real world you walk around and watch the cars and sit in and even take a Testdrive. That would be just amazing.

Last edited:
I recently saw a YouTube video of some PC racing game - maybe Assetto Corsa - with a mod that included the historic version of Fuji Speedway, with the Daiichi banked curve. Honestly, it looks like a blast, and the track overall looked so drastically different at the time that I think it'd be a really good addition to GT. I'm hoping the 1980s versions of Monza and Brands Hatch return from GT6, but I think historic layouts have potential in general, especially if there have been more pronounced changes over time, like with Interlagos and Spa-Francorchamps to name some more examples.

Last edited:
I recently saw a YouTube video of some PC racing game - maybe Assetto Corsa - with a mod that included the historic version of Fuji Speedway, with the Daiichi banked curve. Honestly, it looks like a blast, and the track overall looked so drastically different at the time that I think it'd be a really good addition to GT. I'm hoping the 1980s versions of Monza and Brands Hatch return from GT6, but I think historic layouts have potential in general, especially if there have been more pronounced changes over time, like with Interlagos and Spa-Francorchamps to name some more examples.
That's a good idea. Couple it with some historic race cars and it could be a real blast!

Monza with the banked high speed curves too

Last edited:

That's a good idea. Couple it with some historic race cars and it could be a real blast!

Monza with the banked high speed curves too
I'm not sure how old Fuji is but GT4 included three different eras of Fuji back to the 1980s and the pre-chicane Le Mans track. I don't remember if any other historic tracks were included but the concept isn't new to GT. PD just needs to be bold and include them. Learning about this historic layouts in GT4 was a huge part of the fun.

They need to do them properly though, not half ass it like they did with GT6 which had the old track layouts but unchanged, modern scenery.

Hopefully the US actually gets a legitimate collectors edition, I'd be willing to pay top dollar for it.

If old tracks are included, only period correct cars should be able to race on them. I'm not saying that all tracks need an historic variation but having a few would be fun to have.

Well, we had period correct cars in GT2. Need more of these, if PD are celebrating Japan's car culture, in GT7.

I'm not sure how old Fuji is but GT4 included three different eras of Fuji back to the 1980s and the pre-chicane Le Mans track. I don't remember if any other historic tracks were included but the concept isn't new to GT. PD just needs to be bold and include them. Learning about this historic layouts in GT4 was a huge part of the fun.
Worth noting the "80's" Fuji that was in GT4 is actually just a no-chicane variant of the 90's/2003 track, similar to no-chicane variation of La Sarthe.

Last edited:
It won't happen soon but an option to "race" in real events as they happen would be something I see as kind of inevitable in the future.

Like N24, qualify vs real times, then race in real time. Enhancing fan participation and unlimited marketing potential. Would work even better for an event like Pikes Peak.:D

This is to add about the sounds. In GTS, we can upgrade the power, suspension, tyres and transmission. Doesn't neccessarily turn road cars into race cars, but the sounds should reflect/replicate as such. Hopefully we see a change in GT7.

Using the E30. We can make it look and tune it tpo race car specs. We just need the sound(and a bit more suspension tuning).

Hmm, GTS's sound is much better in my opinion. ACUE's sound is clearly not recorded, just simulated, and although it simulates the vibrato of the car car's intake noise better than GT, GT is also a street car and not the race car so we should expect a smoother sound. Overall ACUE's sound sounds like a single noise which then is dragged up and down the scale which sounds a bit ridiculous in my opnion. That's not how sound works. Even though Gran Turismos of old all sounded like vacuum cleaners at least they didn't simply stretch a single noise up and down the scale. Because of that I'd say GTS's sound is much better and more realistic, even if it isn't the correct sound of the race car. ACUE sounds like a frog in comparison.

Last edited:
I just want the white room when you preview a livery in GTS to be a photo/scapes mode location... I love the lighting of it and how the car is your primary subject instead of the background scenery.

One feature I liked from Forza 7’s career mode was the option to have the races be longer, with the longer variation giving you a higher credit payout. I hope something like this will be put in GT7. After doing so many FIA races in Sport, those short 2-5 lap sprints don’t do it for me anymore and it certainly isn’t enough to get know the car I’m driving.

If not that, then at the very least, I hope the late game events in GT7 have 10-20 laps races, similar to GT3.

After one of my races today, a driver commented in post race chat that I was a clean driver. It felt good. I know that Siege has plans to include an "accolades" system, and Chivalry 2 allows you to commend a player after he or she kills you.

I would like to see this implemented in GT7. It could be integrated into your SR rating or maybe even be a separate thing that has no effect on your ratings but just be a cool thing on the side specifically for bragging rights.

@O604 I believe there was a golf game that did that thing you suggested. Maybe a Tiger Woods game. I don't remember.

Last edited:
To improve motor racing skills:
- "telemetry" allowing proper comparison of one's lap(s) with those of top ten players (eg. daily races and FIA races), namely: plots of speed, throttle input, brake input and steering angle, all as a function of distance traveled during lap, as well as race line comparison.

Track mini map while waiting for qualifying to finish:
On FIA races, often one has to wait a couple of minutes for qualifying to be completed by other players. It would be nice to see, at least, where those players are on the track, rather than just look at the clock ticking down...

Cheers.

And rear mirror on hood view, please. Thanks!! ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back