The GTA Online Roadtrip Club

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 2,106 comments
  • 87,768 views
When is the event in the first place?
 
Few pics from last night.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Photo ALL the people!
0_0.jpg

Photo ALL the cars!
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
 
When is the event in the first place?

What's the BST on this event please?

I gave a time of when I think it should be, but I don't know what the official time will be from @Katiegan

I'm thinking the Motorcycle Event should start at 10pm BST(+1)(5pm New York/East Coast and 2pm California/West Coast) Friday, 1st August. But i'm not a mod, so it's not official.

And I don't really know how it'd work out for people.
 
Last edited:
10 PM Friday night sounds good to me. I don't work Saturdays anymore, but because I've had two days off this week I might have to, not sure. If I don't, it'll be Friday. If I do, it'll be Saturday.
 
@nascarfan1400, are you going to take this into account?
Just a few observations from the F.N.G. This concept is a good one. There are a great deal of GTA5 players that spend an obscene amount of time fussing over their car collection. I am one of those that are obsessed with my garages. With this group originating within GTPlanet makes it even more relevant.

A club such as this should not be dependent on one or two moderators. It is slowing down because everyone is waiting for an "official" to set up a session. The scene should be made up of trusted members that can host an event when the notion arises. This should be an un-moderated group where anyone can set up a meet. Everyone has their own unique approach to what a road trip is.

Here are some of the ideas that I would be interested in:

Cops: I really dig the cops gig you all put together but it really needs to be in a more confined area to be entertaining.

Show and Shine: Themed gatherings with a nice cruise planned. Voting enabled for best in show. Current moderators for judging.

One Make shows: Everyone bring the same vehicle and show individual creativity. Same voting criteria as above.

Garage Tours: Gank one of the city buss's (16 passenger) and tour every ones "show" garage and discuss here.

Convoy: Everyone nick themselves an 18 wheeler and hit the road. This could be pretty cool and easy turn into a "Smokey and the Bandit" get together with great potential for photos. A black and gold Phoenix, an 18 wheeler and ton of cops....

Point to Point Cruise: The recent idea of cruising to the marina and sailing off to other locations is pretty cool. Setting up cruises that involve several different modes of transportation could really turn out to be pretty fun.

Off Roading: Everyone loves a nice offroad excursion and I would be willing to be that all of you have a favorite trail. How fun would it be to share your best with everyone.

How does everyone feel about mics? The interaction between players seems to be much more fluid. I was on with you all not too long ago playing the cops gig. I liked it but it was too distracting trying to keep track of the text chat.

I have lurked a few of these groups and keep seeing the same names pop up. The desire is there. Just needs a little tuning up to become something we are all looking for. I am sure everyone has an idea that would interest all of us. I don't know about all of you but there are times that I just want to get into something and drive...
What does everyone think?

EDIT: It is hard to find players that enjoy realistic driving.
 
@nascarfan1400, are you going to take this into account?


I still stand by what I said but in retrospect, I have to add that the success of a group like this depends on structure. With out rules and members to enforce those rules, chaos will take over and will be the death of this endeavor.

More approved moderators for sure but maybe create a method in which members can submit an idea and once approved by the official moderators, the active group can vote on the idea and then set a date upon which the successful road trip will be executed. Some kind of standard procedure. (structure)

Give everyone a chance to participate and enter their own ideas recognized while being enacted in a somewhat controlled environment.... A group like this with strong leaders and a set of by laws could really be around for awhile...
 
Thanks mang :3 Tried to get her perfect for this event. I like it way better now then version 1 so thanks gtp road trip club for forcing me to rethink my ride :p
 
Wow... I guess I have a case of the can't shut ups... I was also thinking it would be cool to put together aerial photo teams. 2 members, 1 helo. A pilot and a door photographer. Capturing a cruise from above could make for some epic photos...
 
Wow... I guess I have a case of the can't shut ups... I was also thinking it would be cool to put together aerial photo teams. 2 members, 1 helo. A pilot and a door photographer. Capturing a cruise from above could make for some epic photos...

I would gladly be the pilot if there's a meet where I don't have one of the required vehicles. Also, I don't want to be forced to fly into tight locations. I'm a pretty good pilot as some members have seen, but hovering for long periods of time in a tight area is a challenge for me, especially because of the turbulence.
 
@CallmeDan : I am down with that as well... The challenge is to pick just the right location. Not too hard for a planned route. Pilot skill and camera person skills would really come into play. Just think how cool it would be to have a couple of teams. only one per event, (or switch teams on different legs of the journey) compete for best pics... Could open up a great side story for this gang!
 
I'm a pretty good pilot as some members have seen, but hovering for long periods of time in a tight area is a challenge for me, especially because of the turbulence.
I'll vouch for that, he was doing fine during the Air Show.

I'm usually on late in the Eastern US time zone.
GTP Name: fatman_5050
PSN Name: slugman684
Are you in the GTP Crew?: Yes
 
Anyone up for a cruise on a bus, to the airport, where we will fly somewhere, and then cruise in our cars individually? :)
 
Anyone up for a cruise on a bus, to the airport, where we will fly somewhere, and then cruise in our cars individually? :)

I'm down. I'm just not a very good pilot.
 
So there's four. I'd like at least one more.

Also, you no longer need to sign up, I think by now everyone's pretty much signed in and ready anyhow. :)

Bans and probations wiped clean.

Fresh start :)
 
When is this happening? Tonight?
 
Back