The GTP Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge | Season 3! | Race Friday!Open 

GS did turn out to be abit of an anti climax, all the 4 cars were within a second or so of each other and was looking like a good battle but then turned out to just be 2 of us and we both went off which caused a gap between us so we couldnt really get close to battle.

Well damn, I ran out of allowance. Seems my limit is £20 before my network tell me "NO MORE DATA FOR YOU!"

I'll be back next week though guys, My allowance comes back this tuesday. It's probably a good thing that I didn't race, as I had not practiced at all for RB Ring. If quali was anything to go by, I'd have cracked a high 35 with a clean lap, probably something even quicker. I ran a mid 1:32 offline, and usually my times are about 2 seconds slower online.

I'm using the library right now at I've got something I need to print out today, but the next time you'll see me is Tuesday.

Same for me really AMD with Akmuq and Matheus fighting each other straight away it gave me a break. Then Akmuq spun in the last bend on lap 1 which slowed Matheus too I think. (I tried to look back to see)

From there I just ran fast consistent laps and pulled away. All were 40.4 to 40.0s to the end bar one lap of 40.5 :P.

Also never drove RBR full until my test and barely touched my setup from Silverstone. Seemed to really suit the way I setup my Civic.

Some pictures
RedBullRing_zps43266dd9.jpg

RedBullRing_1_zpsbe699cf9.jpg

RedBullRing_2_zpsda4a9a52.jpg

RedBullRing_3_zps742b162f.jpg

RedBullRing_4_zps324a06ae.jpg

RedBullRing_5_zps74742715.jpg

RedBullRing_6_zpsb18b4f5d.jpg

Watching at the Last Corner
Both chevy and the aston look neutral handling
RedBullRing_7_zpsbdcdf2e3.jpg

RedBullRing_8_zps039ca808.jpg

Honda's not so well ive seen less understeer on boats :lol:
RedBullRing_9_zpse2c74d4a.jpg

RedBullRing_10_zps151a1065.jpg

RedBullRing_11_zps76a1bba0.jpg

RedBullRing_12_zps44f8705c.jpg

RedBullRing_13_zps21950b0a.jpg

Tech Report, Aston used the most fuel, surpriseingly Matheus and akmuq used the same amount of fuel but paulmac in the same car used more fuel.
Aston was running alot of camber
RedBullRing_14_zps7378a108.jpg

RedBullRing_15_zpsbdfa1d0e.jpg

Chevy didn't appear to be running camber but was slammed
RedBullRing_16_zps81030678.jpg

Horrible chrome wheels though
RedBullRing_17_zps2cea2cd1.jpg

Both paul and math running lowered and no camber
RedBullRing_19_zpsf82a1c65.jpg

RedBullRing_22_zpsbcc42979.jpg

RedBullRing_20_zpsd7907510.jpg

Akmuq brought the off road version
RedBullRing_21_zpsea4b633b.jpg

Mazda appeared to be running front camber
RedBullRing_23_zpsfcd1f55e.jpg

Akmuq spinning on the warm up

GS first laps

ST first laps

Maniac as in too fast for you :P.

Also I would think burning more fuel off in a sprint race would be a good thing.

Considering I ran your pb pretty much all race I'm not too surprised. :sly:

Also gears mean little since we have different ratios on our cars most likely. 2nd on my car was on the limiter at 58 ish. Which was around the entry speed to T3..

Last edited:
Knock knock!!! I'm back online!

I've always found that short-shifting maintains speed but also saves a bit of fuel. Oddly enough, I used to see Paul do it a lot in GT5 with his Chevy. I remember in Tokyo and SSR5 he was about 2000 rpm away from the limiter.

@MatheusBond You do realise that running lower revs, regardless of gear, improves fuel economy right? Plus, an added effect is that you're going to carry more speed (due to less engine braking effects) but you'll understeer because of the higher gearing relative to your speed.

Last edited:
Being consistent tomorrow will be tough. The GP track is very committed and demanding. I atleast started to get a bit more comfortable with it, I think my pace is good enough though.

Great, when I can race (today) is on the track I hate the most... '-'​

You can be the safety car ;)
Or the unsafe-ty car, depending on how you look at it. :)

Edit:~ Question, look at my avatar.... what does it remind you of? This pic is a totally random picture that was pre-installed on my laptop, just thought it looked like something familiar.

Or the unsafe-ty car, depending on how you look at it. :)

Edit:~ Question, look at my avatar.... what does it remind you of? This pic is a totally random picture that was pre-installed on my laptop, just thought it looked like something familiar.

Monaco's tunnel...

I'm going to open the room again guys if @cnd01 is still having internet issues.

When I first saw that, it remind me of the tunnel section of SSR7.

Back