The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And that's why I deactivated my twitter.
Sure, there are lots of unhinged far-right pols active on the platform. This one's running for the United States House to represent Virginia. But there exist more level-headed individuals who bring attention to and counter this sort of rhetoric. Some of these individuals are actually Republicans.

Denver Riggleman was very recently a member of the US House representing Virginia. He was (and still is) critical of Trump and Trumpism. He was ultimately primaried out on his re-election.

Last edited:
How unsettling is it that there are thousands of Americans who would happily have federally elected Democrats executed tonight?

Last edited:
How unsettling is it that there are thousands of Americans who would happily have federally elected Democrats executed tonight?
thisunsettling.jpg

Far-right media personalities frequently say it's antifa or some other left-wing false flag.
-
Insurrectionists:
"The people I obediantly followed who told me to do this have abandoned me."
"They're labelling me the very worst and antithetical thing possible.
"
-
never_thought_leopards.txt
-
Just how many suckers are there out there?

Welcome back, my friends, to the thread that never ends...

This one is a bit old but it sheds some light on how the Texas GOP saw the former guy's polarizing staff as a liability.

Last edited:

How bad is it? It's so bad that the right wingers just pretend that reality is what it isn't, fabricate evidence, and then believe it because they've been taught to keep their blinders on. There is so little critical thinking, or fact checking, or source verification going on within this crowd that Trump and company can say whatever they want. Up is down, left is right, doesn't matter.

Last edited:

How bad is it? It's so bad that the right wingers just pretend that reality is what it isn't, fabricate evidence, and then believe it because they've been taught to keep their blinders on. There is so little critical thinking, or fact checking, or source verification going on within this crowd that Trump and company can say whatever they want. Up is down, left is right, doesn't matter.
I'm surprised none of them have decided the upcoming Matrix is a true story and Trump is Neo trying to save us from a distorted "reality".

A former Olympic swimmer who wore his “USA” jacket to the U.S. Capitol riots Jan. 6 has pleaded guilty to one count of a seven-count indictment as part of an agreement with federal prosecutors.

Klete Keller, who won two gold medals for the U.S., was among the first individuals to be charged in the Capitol assault. On Wednesday, the 6’6” athlete was in federal court in Washington, D.C., to enter a guilty plea to one felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding over his actions Jan. 6.

Keller, represented by attorney Ed MacMahon, is facing a maximum sentence of 20 years over the felony charge, although the guidelines have him facing a potential sentence of 21 to 27 months, according to Wednesday’s court proceedings.

Keller’s plea hearing before U.S. District Senior Judge Richard Leon in the D.C. federal courthouse—down the street from the Capitol building—appears to be the first among the Jan. 6 prosecutions where an outside phone line was not available for members of the public and media to call in. About 15 people sat in the gallery of the courtroom, wearing masks as required by the court. Leon, who did not wear a mask, said he allows vaccinated people to take off their masks while speaking in his courtroom.

As part of the plea deal with prosecutors, Keller has agreed to cooperate with federal investigators. Assistant U.S. attorney Troy Edwards, under questioning from Leon, did not discount the possibility of Keller providing testimony during upcoming trials. Federal prosecutors may also request he receive a sentence below the guidelines, depending on the scope of his cooperation.

Leon appeared ready to set a sentencing date at the end of the hearing, but Edwards asked for a deferral due to Keller’s anticipated efforts assisting the federal government. The senior judge at first seemed put off by the request, noting that Keller has already spoken with federal officials.

Edwards said a deferral would be appropriate at this stage, and that the government would try to give “more clarity” at a future hearing. Leon set a status hearing for Nov. 16 but warned prosecutors against delaying Keller’s sentencing for too long.

“This has been hanging over his head now for, not quite a year, but quite a period of time,” Leon said. The judge said that he’s watched cooperators in the D.C. trial court, largely in narcotics cases, see long periods of time between them entering a plea and being sentenced. He added that a number of the Jan. 6 cases have also resulted in pleas rather than trials. “I think the likelihood he’s going to be called upon to testify in trial is very slim,” Leon said, adding that he’s “sensitive to the fact these defendants have to move on with their lives.”

Edwards acknowledged Leon’s points but noted that a number of trials have been scheduled for Jan. 6 defendants in the coming months. He added that more cooperation could be in Keller’s benefit, as it could influence prosecutors’ stance on his sentencing.

MacMahon echoed that point, saying that Keller is “embarrassed” and “trying to make amends” for his behavior on Jan. 6, to both the court and the country.

The count Keller pleaded guilty to, obstruction of an official proceeding, is the subject of several motions to dismiss in multiple Jan. 6 prosecutions, with federal judges poised to weigh in on the constitutionality of the charge.

As part of the hearing, Edwards read aloud what the government would have sought to prove at trial. The prosecutor said that Keller flew from Colorado to D.C. on Jan. 5, before attending a rally the morning of Jan. 6.

Keller was then part of the crowd that unlawfully entered the Capitol building, where he spent about an hour, according to Edwards. The gold medalist—wearing his Olympic “USA” jacket—took photos and videos throughout his time in the building and chanted “**** Nancy Pelosi” and “**** Chuck Schumer,” which others repeated, the prosecutor said. He also “jerked his elbow … shaking law enforcement officers off of him” at one point, Edwards said, and at another time prevented officers from advancing.

After Jan. 6, Edwards said, Keller destroyed his phone and memory card and threw away the USA jacket. He later surrendered after being identified in the crowd partly due to his height and the jacket.

His lawyer is a dead game show host?

I'm not surprised he's in, er, deep water.

Last edited:
I'm surprised none of them have decided the upcoming Matrix is a true story and Trump is Neo trying to save us from a distorted "reality".
ohDKCIO.jpg

Is Donald Trump the real-life Neo? Yes, according to whoever made the video above (and this one, and this one), but especially to Infowars’ Alex Jones, who says reality “is already an A.I. system that made the decision to have a post-human world, and Trump has jumped in with some others and they’re saying, ‘No, we’re not doing it,’ at the elite level.”

*Videos not posted because, well I'm not going to watch them and I'm not sure if they're appropriate or not. Just assume they are NSFW.

Rudy if finally starting to come clean?

"But people were saying 'not my president' when Hillary lost."

Unfortunately I don't have time to read it due to various other problems ongoing. What does it mean? Who do I blame?

TB

Rudy if finally starting to come clean?
Given the colour he sweats, I doubt it's clean.

Wait, what?

"But people were saying 'not my president' when Hillary lost."
I never considered Trump as 'my president', not even for a second. Nevertheless, I never considered, even for a second, that he wouldn't be a legitimately elected president despite not having the popular vote or not being fit for the office whatsoever. Of course, I can't speak for anyone else but that's how it worked for me.

Unfortunately I don't have time to read it due to various other problems ongoing. What does it mean? Who do I blame?
Michigan election challengers were sent cease and desist orders and instruction to preserve any record of communication with Trump and company and prominent contesters (Giuliani, Wood, Powell, etc.) by Dominion Voting Systems and are suing as a result, arguing that they never explicitly named Dominion in unsubstantiated allegations of impropriety (though Dominion is implicated), that state actors can't be defamed in their capacity as state actors (technically accurate, though Dominion hasn't actually filed a defamation suit against any of the more than 200 recipients of orders) and that Dominion violated their First Amendment rights in sending cease and desist orders because their contracting with the government makes them de facto state actors (though the court has consistently held that government contractors are not state actors merely because they contract with the government and private entities providing services to the government cannot inherently be implicated in constitutional complaints). One of the plaintiffs even claims that receiving the order made her fear for her life and for the life of her unborn child. Included in the filing is a RICO complaint, which would suggest alleged criminal conspiracy under ordinary circumstances.

Last edited:
Thank you. It seems a bit over my head but thus far Dominion seems to have been on-point with their legal actions so I'm inclined to believe they've carefully researched their case. And besides, aren't instructions to preserve documents just a basic part of a subpoena? I don't see how that would be unusual. Also, it seems like a bad move for election challengers to argue that they're state actors - wouldn't they want to establish the opposite, so they can argue that free speech clears them of any wrongdoing? The more you argue you're a state actor the more your actions against state processes seem a little, eh, unfaithful to say the least.

All of these election challengers seem to be arguing their "cases" from any direction they can come up with, and most are contradictory. I know court processes take a long time but this is getting ridiculous when their cases are so obtuse they can barely be read in plain English.

Back