The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
I'm disappointed I missed it....
Got a new modem and the internet works now, but somehow, my internet locked the wifi and nobody in the family knows the password, I'm probably gonna miss this one

Got a new modem and the internet works now, but somehow, my internet locked the wifi and nobody in the family knows the password, I'm probably gonna miss this one

Look under the modem, the key and password are written on the bottom.

If you have an Ubee modem the user name and password are both "user".

I think you should save your money and don't host these practice sessions Jav. Driving lap after lap alone can be done with no cost for you..

Sorry for double post, but I wanted it be seen!

I think you should save your money and don't host these practice sessions Jav. Driving lap after lap alone can be done with no cost for you..

Well I sure screwed up at practice, I did two warm up laps and since it was only Jav and I on the race track. I missed pit road entrance and turned back and went into pit road. I got black flagged and booted. Then I could come back in but wasn't allowed to race. Well got 2 warm up laps. :)

Well my CSR showed up yesterday, the t500 i ordered ended up being out of stock from simulation1.ca, so i'm looking forward to getting some practice with the new wheel tonight, hopefully I'll be up to speed by tomorrow for the race

Also, does anybody here own the CSR? I did my research before I chose it, and it seems to check out. But i'm just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of.

my wheel history is :
DFGT
G25
PWTS CSPV1
and now the CSR with the CSP's

Last edited:
Javier. In the Championship rules it say:

-There will be official 4-6hr practice sessions hosted on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 20:00 GMT.

So far I seen practice on Tuesday and Thursday. Maybe clear that up mate? ;)

I seriously can't believe this, 26 signups for the championships and if I would have bothered to race 3 other guys and joined the server there would have been 6 people in Total in the room. About time to reconsider how things are done when obviously someone doesn't even know whats going on.
I'm out until people start to show up, have better things to do on a Saturday than drive around a track almost alone..

I'm not sure what you mean with roll, but day of the race (Saturday) is fine by me, thats why I signed up.. I read the OP before I signed up.. some seem to have missed that.

I'm not sure what you mean with roll, but day of the race (Saturday) is fine by me, thats why I signed up.. I read the OP before I signed up.. some seem to have missed that.

Roll call means everyone that is going to be attending the race on saturdays says whether or not there going to be able to do the race. So every week just post whether or not you will be racing that day so we know if its worth our time to even race or not.

I was looking forward to this race, but oh well.

Ah yeah I can do that, but using two forums could be a problem.. Should we move over the the iracing forum as not everyone on the drivers signed up list is even here.

There was said something about getting a mail before our races, I know when we race and to be honest I don't even care for getting a email saying its race time. But I didn't get a email and maybe someone actually are waiting for the email. Also I see people on the list of drivers in the thread that isn't on the league page on iRacing's league pages.

I honestly think starting off with less than half of the people is a waste of time and money for Javier who have to pay for those servers.. He have put down a lot of work and people say hurrah and sign up because they want to make a fool of Javier or is it Javier who should work more on information. I don't know as I got the information I needed. If Javier didn't tell me I figured it out as all the information needed is posted in the OP and I already know when the practice room for Silverstone will open up.. as I find that information on the league page.

So I think people should take some responsibility and actually show up to something they said they show up to or let Javier know they signed up for fun and withdraw so we could make room for more serious people actually racing.

And to those I just stepped on now.. you deserved it!

Wow, 4 DP's and no one else? I wasn't going to be able to make it this week but had I known there was only going to be that many people I would have tried to shift my schedule around so I could help get the numbers up.

Unfortunately this seems to happen quite often in leagues.

I just walked in the door after a long trip on the number 1 highway. I notified Jav 1 week ago and told him I couldn't make today's race, I won't miss another. Erik, when we held the Caddy series we had like 36 people sign up for the series and 10 -12 show up. All this big talkers about how much fun this will be and then they can't be bothered to show up.

I knew by the low sign up that this series was in trouble before it started. I give Jav full marks for setting this thing up, we need 20 more people before we move on. Perhaps we could do what the one gentleman did at Zolder last weekend, have a 2 1/2 hour race once a month?

Just for the record, as one of the first people to sign up for this event (and one of Erik's hated no-shows), I already PM'd Jav about not being able to make this series due to my rig not being ready.

I have participated in events organised by Jav in the past and I will continue to do so as and when I can. I appreciate the time, effort and money involved to set something like this up. Unfortunately, I undertook a lot of work in upgrading my setup and it's taken me longer to get it 'up-and-running' than I anticipated.

That said, if there is going to be a re-think on participation and scheduling, I may well soon be in a position to re-enter if permitted.

Ok I gave it 24 hours and 3 people explained why they didn't show. And to be honest I don't have energy to have list of hated no shows ;)

But 3 out of 20 people missing we still miss 17 and all I say is that yes there will be a few no show in a championship, but here it's the other way around.. its a few people that show and the majority is a no show. Superbike, Lefty and greazy. You where part of the Majority of people not showing and the minority got a easy walk over win... 2 car in each class.. guarantied podium.. how exiting that must be!!

Maybe next time Javier should say.. It cost 5 iRacing dollars to sign up. If people signup then I bet they wont be a no show. And I would gladly pay for it if we had a grid of 26+ cars.

I think some people didn't realize they needed all the cars to join the sessions.

Also, from my experience on running in private leagues, when the championship has a signing fee some people already leave halfway through it, so this one being free makes people even less committed to it.

livemusic
I think some people didn't realize they needed all the cars to join the sessions.

Also, from my experience on running in private leagues, when the championship has a signing fee some people already leave halfway through it, so this one being free makes people even less committed to it.

I didn't, just thought I needed updates like the inRacing Challenge.

Practice at silverstone tonight?

Sorry, Erik brought it up and I somehow forgot to fix it. Practice servers are set for Tuesdays/Thursdays. I'll see you tomorrow for some laps, Silverstone's Historic layout should provide some awesome racing!

This is my first race at silverstone with the DP, this track and track layout is going to make for some seriously fun racing, tested about 20 laps and i've managed to lay down a 136.7 - And with my new CSR it makes this a great time. Hopefully I catch some of you in practice later on tonight

Cheers!

Back