The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
Great spin Blaine. Driving close and pushing the limits yet getting good times.
Recommand others to team up. Really improves your driving! Makes your concentrate harder while been enjoyable rather than doing boring laps :)

Just about to head out a get some practice in. Been out of town all week.

What were the times like for the Ford around Silverstone?

I'm probably not going to make any of the races, I just havent had any time recently, good luck guys

late edit: still no wifi, none of us have had time to go and reset it, I'm plugged directly to the router now so no more library but still no racing

Last edited:
Well if we don't get some more bodies it won't matter, we won't be racing with all the drop outs.

I won't be making it, big typhoon hit (still here) might have to stay up late tonight cleaning up my place, and my neighbors cars both got flipped over, might be helping them out.

Low 1.44's without ballast? Any good? To string laps together in testing I'm running low 1.45's.

On the turn-out topic - after all the work Jav puts in, I'm signed up and ready to race.

Slowly. With spins. And occasional black flags for unsafe pit exit (why do I keep on doing that?).

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, 10 minutes late and I can't seem to join. Help!!!!!

You have to enter trough the Leagues section, just click on the "League Sessions" and you'll see it there!

Well I have a idea. Kill the championship. The points and everything and let's go with the DP. Open up the signup (if it ever was closed) and lets just race. Every Saturday and we can expand the races. I will gladly help pay for the servers and I think we could all share the expenses.

This way there wont be a championship the guys didn't show up to wont have a chance to win anyway so people can just join races and win one race. Next weekend its something in the way of racing. Like a big typhoon hit your town.. I hope your ok Superbike81. Or your car break down like CommodorePuddles explained. I mean these things can happen to every one of us. And it's quite sad to lose the championship over it. I know this isn't a reason to kill a championship alone. But with 4 people racing 2 weeks in a row, I think its time to do something.
With no championship it just to race next weekend, create friends and race in a friendly clean environment witch is why we race in the first place. And adding track people don't have can make it doable because people don't lost any points on a leader board.

Make it a racing club instead of a championship and we might see more people on the track. Just my suggestion!

I had a challenging race today, lack of practice and a setup that I knew would wear my front left tire all the way down after 55 minutes made me go a bit off pace to try save the tire. I let Paul gain on me so I could save my tire so I had a chance to defend when he got up on me. Was a challenge to drive like that. But I loved to be able to pull it off. Good race there Paul

Jav
Yeah, I like the Club idea. Let's see what everyone thinks about it.

Well only reason I can't join is I've been unfortunately busy every Saturday and only have the Cadillac anyway.. So I couldn't join..

Well only reason I can't join is I've been unfortunately busy every Saturday and only have the Cadillac anyway.. So I couldn't join..

Same, i was really looking forward to racing in this series. I think the last time i raced with Jav was on GT5 in the ALMS series. I was thinking this series would have 20+ every race, but hmm.

So buy more cars, it's not like its expensive. $12 is less than I use every day on...Something else... And since this is a hosted championship you would have to own all the cars in Multiclass racing. And even though someone didn't believe so from the start it was early made clear.

And if it's a club rather than a championship who said we couldn't do a week with Miatas or Cadillac? I wouldn't race the Cadillac as I think its like driving a heavy road car. No feel for acceleration in it and it makes me sleepy :P But you guys make the cars in the sim sound expensive and when the host here pays more so you guys should be able to race.. paying for servers 3 times pr week I think you should just buy the car(s) and be happy someone tries to give you the opportunity to race in friendly and clean races. :ouch:

You know you can use the other cars in other races as well mate? Now they talk about only the Riley and that's one less car compared to the multiclass that was planned :)

And if everyone is going to sit on the fence to see the participation level.. well then it's no wonder its low ;)

Good race there Paul

Yeah good race, great qualy time. When i would get close i noob it. Got to close once came inches from hitting you so ended up locking up and spun out:ill:

Sounds good to me

@ Jav

You know my situation with my rig; the good news is that I'm (pretty much) finished. If the general consensus is to re-start this series using only the Riley DP; you can count me back in mate 👍 I would also be happy to 'pay to race' if that's an option being considered.

Let's breathe some life back into this :)

Like the club idea and also like changing round the cars idea.

But lets go with the club idea and just DP's on Jav's original schedule to start with?

Jav - also agree with Erik that we should be sharing round the expenses somehow? Any ideas on how other leagues do that?

About sharing the expenses should in my opinion be a voluntary thing. I know it might not seem fair to the guys pay, but it's obvious that some have more resources than others and it's no need to make it a exclusive club. We don't have enough drivers to do that yet ;)

Also I would like to inform you guys that I have my own TeamSpeak server we can use. I know we can chat in the sim, but TeamSpeak can be used when ever we feel like it. And also we can have our own private rooms in there so if people want to do team racing, it can be done with your own "team radio"

If the TeamSpeak thing is something people want I can add some rooms to it and I can give people the IP and the PW in a PM. But I'm not going to do that before people want it ;)

The club idea is great in my opinion. The multi class championship is hard to do especially with the amount of people we have. So switching to just DP's sounds solid. But I also would like changing cars, I really like the vette, fgt, dallara and even the mx5 makes for some fun races. Aswell i'm all for chipping in money to pay for the servers.

Well I seen there was 3 people in the room before the race, quite frankly I was surprised to see 5. That was enough for me to say no thanks.

I like the idea of helping out financially, this is something I have done the past 2 series. Doesn't take much to shoot Jav some money for God sakes. I mean he does all the work, we should not expect him to pay for all the server time as well.

I do not understand people signing up then never showing up? Kill the series and lets see if we can get 20 cars in each field :)

Back