The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
Left, You quoted the Ford GT part not the DP part
Here's the DP part (the Riley is unaltered, and in it's own class)
Jav
Constructor
Riley Technologies, LLC

Chassis
Steel Tubeframe

Horsepower

Engine
Pontiac V8

Transmission
5-Speed Xtrac transmission

Bodywork
Composite

Wheelbase
2794 mm

Weight
2,275 lbs

Suspension
Twin wishbones and pushrods

Uh I think you are right Aaron :ouch: I shouldn't post from my iPad, I never can see the page very good, apologies to Jav.

Is there anyway we can test the ballast? like in hotlapping or is it tied into the administrator of the league? I do recall seeing a vote on it in a thread Jav set up at iRacing in regards to testing without the need to use a payed server. Would be nice if all members of the service could test ballast out in hotlap/practice/race

Last edited:
Sign me up. :)

1) GTP: MilleRSVR
iRacing: Blair Hall
Car: Riley DP
Number: 98
Team Name: TBD

Looks like a great series. 👍

I just took the Riley for a spin around Daytona for a few laps. It had been a long time since I drove this car. Seems they improved the handling and driveability of the car. :)

The mixed class should be interesting. I really like the 2.4 hour Enduro at Daytona.

A couple of questions for Jav.

Are you planning to use the new league function in iRacing? Will the safety and iRating be in effect. I plan on racing either way, was just curious.

-There will be an enforced 1 Daytona Prototype to 2 GT-X cars ratio in the sign up process.

I'm not sure what you mean by the above comment. Are we required to drive both types of cars at some point during the series. I was hoping to stay with the Riley for all the races. Or are you saying you want 1 Prototype for 2 GT-X cars on the grid.

Looking forward to running some laps with you guys.

Blair

Uh I think you are right Aaron :ouch: I shouldn't post from my iPad, I never can see the page very good, apologies to Jav.

Is there anyway we can test the ballast? like in hotlapping or is it tied into the administrator of the league? I do recall seeing a vote on it in a thread Jav set up at iRacing in regards to testing without the need to use a payed server. Would be nice if all members of the service could test ballast out in hotlap/practice/race
Unfourtunately only on hosted sessions at the moment Darren.
A couple of questions for Jav.

Are you planning to use the new league function in iRacing? Will the safety and iRating be in effect. I plan on racing either way, was just curious.

-There will be an enforced 1 Daytona Prototype to 2 GT-X cars ratio in the sign up process.

I'm not sure what you mean by the above comment. Are we required to drive both types of cars at some point during the series. I was hoping to stay with the Riley for all the races. Or are you saying you want 1 Prototype for 2 GT-X cars on the grid.

Looking forward to running some laps with you guys.

Blair
Yes we will be using the Leagues function so please send a request to GTPFIA when you get a chance and no iRating and SR will not be affected. However we might adopt a system that other series use where if you manage to collect 10 incidents on a particular round you will loose 50% of the points you scored on that particular round and if you collect 20 you will be DQd from the results of that particular round.
The ratio only means that there will be 1 DP for every 2 GT-X cars, that's why the signups are restricted to 9 DPs and 18 GT-X entries at the moment.

Jav
Yes we will be using the Leagues function so please send a request to GTPFIA when you get a chance and no iRating and SR will not be affected. However we might adopt a system that other series use where if you manage to collect 10 incidents on a particular round you will loose 50% of the points you scored on that particular round and if you collect 20 you will be DQd from the results of that particular round.
The ratio only means that there will be 1 DP for every 2 GT-X cars, that's why the signups are restricted to 9 DPs and 18 GT-X entries at the moment.

Sounds great.

Will send a request to GTPFIA now.

I am interested in this pending the start date, I am lacking a steering wheel at the moment and trying to get one sorted for the next few weeks. Early Septemberish.

Just to make sure Jav. We do rolling start I assume? Or I would seriously have to re do the first gear of the DP :crazy:

I started with some setup, and I read through the thread 3-4 times now to see if I missed it. So if its there and I missed it.. well I guess getting glasses didn't help ;)

I just did my first Silverstone test friday in the DP on the National course for my NW league race tomorrow, it's actually quite tough to see braking points. I probably need more practice :lol:

Anyway, for daytona I assume we are doing daytime lighting?

I just did my first Silverstone test friday in the DP on the National course for my NW league race tomorrow, it's actually quite tough to see braking points. I probably need more practice :lol:

Anyway, for daytona I assume we are doing daytime lighting?

Yea most of the turns seem "high speed" but really are not, at least from seeing the track. Iracing I would think it plays mind tricks on you for braking points.

It may be the surface, I think it's concrete instead of asphalt, and it might be slicker possibly?

I think. I'm not 100% on that, but I know what you mean. I need to do as many practice laps before this jumps off.

Also you think the speed of a different car is the problem? I don't know if you are new to the dp or not? Like I said before, I just got into D class so I'm new to all the cars aside from the miata of course lol.

It's not really speed because the DP is faster but has quite a bit better brakes. I treat it similar to the Ford GT but the DP requires a little faster reactions I guess.

Are reserves allowed Jav? I'd be interested in running a race or two, but not the full season.

I am interested in this pending the start date, I am lacking a steering wheel at the moment and trying to get one sorted for the next few weeks. Early Septemberish.

When does this start? I'll have to try and get a lot of practice in. Either the gt or cadi.

Just curious Jav, are the dates set yet? I don't see any on the 1st page.
No dates set yet, hopefully we'll get the sign ups done by the begining of September. Will most likely start the official pre-season testing on the first week of September.
Just to make sure Jav. We do rolling start I assume? Or I would seriously have to re do the first gear of the DP :crazy:
Rolling start! I'll add that to the OP!

Are reserves allowed Jav? I'd be interested in running a race or two, but not the full season.
You can sign up and race as many as you can!
Hey Jav, you need to add one place for the DP class. Currently you have a max of 8 DP's instead of 9
It'll be taken care of if needed.

Guys I'm gonnabe hosting a test session tonight on Watkinsglenn at 7P.M US-EST it will be an open session so no password required, 90 minute practice session, 10 minute qualifying and 20 minute race so please feel free to join in! Looking forward to seeing you guys in there!

Jav! please add me

GTP: OLDSKOOLACURA
iRacing: Jeffrey Haft
Car: GT or Cadillac (need to test them out)
Number: 18
Team name: none

Added!
One more thing, tonight's session is just GT-X, no DP cars for this session...

Hey guys, Just a heads up, I just found out (the hard way) that you still have to own all cars used in a league session in order to run that session at all (I didn't own the radical), I thought they had fixed that for the leagues but apparently not 👎. So everyone planning to run the Cadillac must own the Ford GT and Riley, or if you are running the GT you still need the Riley and vice versa, in order to compete.

Last edited:
Back