The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
Hey guys, Just a heads up, I just found out (the hard way) that you still have to own all cars used in a league session in order to run that session at all (I didn't own the radical), I thought they had fixed that for the leagues but apparently not đź‘Ž. So everyone planning to run the Cadillac must own the Ford GT and Riley, or if you are running the GT you still need the Riley and vice versa, in order to compete.

Awwwww I don't own the gt or the Riley. that is really lame.

Has this started yet? I just noticed this thread... damn I have been disconnected lately...

I'm in with the DP. About time I learn to drive the thing.

Quick question, can I run this league if I don't have the Ford GT, or will I have to purchase it even though I will be driving the DP?

Has this started yet? I just noticed this thread... damn I have been disconnected lately...

I'm in with the DP. About time I learn to drive the thing.

Quick question, can I run this league if I don't have the Ford GT, or will I have to purchase it even though I will be driving the DP?

^ right above you man

Agreed, that isn't exactly "fair"

well it is very odd to me that iRacing lets it in their servers, but not our servers, that still at the end of the day someone is paying for. kind of a let down. im looking right now at tracks i need and cars. i always buy 6 things at a time never only 2 or 3.

I'm gonna wait with my sign-up, since my build is still giving me random BSODs, and I haven't ran a single race yet, just some laps. And even on those I struggle to keep the incident count down. Damn GT5 habits of pushing track boundaries.

Last edited:
well it is very odd to me that iRacing lets it in their servers, but not our servers, that still at the end of the day someone is paying for. kind of a let down. im looking right now at tracks i need and cars. i always buy 6 things at a time never only 2 or 3.

That is exactly what I do too. Hmm. Decisions...

It apparently is an easy fix, but if people don't say anything about it they wont fix it. On the first day of Week 13 you had to own every car to race, a few hours later they fixed it after everyone started complaining. It was said by the staff that the standard system was to be incorporated to hosted sessions but they seem to have forgotten about it...

I only needed the Riley and that is all cars for me :-).

It's a good thing I chose the CTS, much nicer to drive of the 3. After 5 minutes in the DP I was ready to punch puppies lol.

Jav
It apparently is an easy fix, but if people don't say anything about it they wont fix it. On the first day of Week 13 you had to own every car to race, a few hours later they fixed it after everyone started complaining. It was said by the staff that the standard system was to be incorporated to hosted sessions but they seem to have forgotten about it...
Yes. I voted for it in the threads. I think you had suggested it. Lets start a freaking GTP RIOT in that thread lol.

But seriously lets keep that thread at the top of suggestions and features. All help and post are appreciated.

I think we if enough people complain we can get this fixed before the season starts. Not everyone is made out of money! Right now its just a scam to make you buy cars....

That thread I made was to make the weight penalty system available for private test sessions. You guys can comment on this video along the lines of the top comment: (that's me BTW)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOriRMFpwsc
I'm really hoping it catches their attention and they get on top of it by implementing the standard system.

I'm just purchasing the cars. Javs got a lot of time into this I'm sure. Only fair as far as I'm
Concerned with having to not pay a fee to be in the league. I already got the tracks. Wouldn't mind to have the gt or thr dp car

i always buy 6 things at a time never only 2 or 3.

You can get deals in any sets of 3 ... 3,6,9,12 etc..

Jav
That thread I made was to make the weight penalty system available for private test sessions. You guys can comment on this video along the lines of the top comment: (that's me BTW)

I'm really hoping it catches their attention and they get on top of it by implementing the standard system.

Yes, especially when you are spending your money to sort out the ballast for the league.

GTP: mamenzies
IRACING: mark menzies
CAR: DP
TEAM: GB :)

if all places are took for the DP i would be happy to run in either ford or caddy, i just wana get some gud races in so i dont mind which car i run : )

I commented on the Youtube video. Can anyone link me to that other thread mentioned so I can comment on it as well?

GTP: mamenzies
IRACING: mark menzies
CAR: DP
TEAM: GB :)

if all places are took for the DP i would be happy to run in either ford or caddy, i just wana get some gud races in so i dont mind which car i run : )
Welcome to DP sir! Good to have you back!

I commented on the Youtube video. Can anyone link me to that other thread mentioned so I can comment on it as well?

Thank you sir! This is the thread:
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2021513.page

i would be interessted in this championchip. but i have some questions.

How many driver can participate in this serie? i can only see 8 places for DP and 18 for GT.

The maximum number will depend on the track, IIRC the least grid spots on all of the tracks beign used is 40 and the most is 46...

I tried the dp and cadi. I like both of them but the cadi needs tuning which you can't do. I'm unable to try the gt , I can't find races for it!?!?

Last edited:
I tried the dp and cadi. I like both of them but the cadi needs tuning which you can't do. I'm unable to try the gt , I can't races for it!?!?

Can't you tune the Caddy? I didn't see anything about fixed championship, if I can't tune my DP I rather watch paint dry than race.. :scared:

OLDSKOOLACURA
I don't think so, I couldn't find anything. I just kept seeing "fixed setup"

Do a test session or hosted race, I'm sure some of us around here have setups from our last championships, I'd give them to you but my laptop isn't around

Do you have any more info on dates? And is it possible to switch cars?
I'll post up the dates tomorrow, and you can change as many times as you want before the start of the season. However I'll be posting tomorrow on iRacing's forums so the DP spots may fill up quickly.

I don't think so, I couldn't find anything. I just kept seeing "fixed setup"

I'll post up my setups tomorrow!

Back