The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
  • 27,864 views
Hey Matt! Just fill this out so we can sign you up:
GTP:
iRacing:
Class/Saftety Rating:
Car:
Number:
Team Name:
 
Jav
The Ford is even worse! That thing is always on the edge and that's a very thin edge!

Eeeehhhh kind of, I've never liked sebring mostly because I don't have more than 2hrs of practice total on it. So I took the Cadillac for a spin and it wasn't much better for me given it was only 15 mins, but the GT is right a home on Daytona, the cadillac suffers from tight-loose condition, and the GT suffers from wheelspin, and very little suspension. So there's kind of a trade off, it's the small and sharp tracks like Okayama to worry about, I think there's only 2 problem areas for the ford at daytona, 5 & 6? just before the oval that are slick. I'm going to run the GT, just because that's what I'd like to get better in, not because it's any better.

BTW Jav, You can mark me as GT in signup
Edit: or paste over

5) GTP: Roush_fan_99
iRacing: Aaron Stowe2
Car: Ford GT
Number: 99
Team Name:
 
Last edited:
Sweet I think shortening the race was the way to go. Should be free sat to make the race.
 
Is it this saturday?
 
This Saturday is Road America, still pre season I think. I think Javier want's more signups before he kicks it off. But I wouldn't mind more information either. I don't want to put Saturdays to the side because we aren't going to race. Waste of Saturdays for me.
 
Word im in the same boat
 
it's a bummer that we cant host practices at centripetal circuit, i'd be interested in a test with weight there, If we could I'd be willing to host it
 
This Saturday is Road America, still pre season I think. I think Javier want's more signups before he kicks it off. But I wouldn't mind more information either. I don't want to put Saturdays to the side because we aren't going to race. Waste of Saturdays for me.

Yes, it is only pre-season this saturday. The season start is still set for the 15th, if attendance is ridiculously low we will put it on hold.
 
What time on Saturday?
 
Gtp: mattdemichele
Iracing: Matthew demichele
Car: ford gt
Number: 42
Team: n/a
 
Also how do I add ballast to the ford gt! I must be being blind but I can't find it anywhere!
 
Also how do I add ballast to the ford gt! I must be being blind but I can't find it anywhere!

you can only set it in a hosted race.


on a side note you may want to slow down on the double posts, their is an edit button.
 
Jav
Ok, just scheduled a race for this Saturday! You guys should get e-mail notifications shortly, if you didn't get it let me know and remember to accept the league request!

I didn't get a mail. Just letting you know as I'm ready for the event, but maybe we could have more people joining if they get the mail.
 
Yeah, still figuring out the League system. I probably need to look into the settings for the email notifications to work...
 
I think our league is about > < that far from dropping the iRacing league functionality altogether and going back to doing it on our own. We get bonus points for staying on the lead lap, less than 5 incidents, etc. When our organizer added the bonus points to some of the Mustang drivers, it wouldn't reflect those points when sorted by class. So he added it there too...then it shows double the points when showing all classes.
 
I should be able to race tomorrow,i have to go to the garage tomorrow and I don't know how long I'll be there.
 
Looking forward to it now. Just a few minutes away from practice start I guess ;)
 
Session is launching now! See you on track guys!
 
Sigh, cable guy still working on my new connection. Which leaves me with no time to practice before the race. So, have fun, I'm gonna look at the race pace and see how far back I'd be.
 
Sigh, cable guy still working on my new connection. Which leaves me with no time to practice before the race. So, have fun, I'm gonna look at the race pace and see how far back I'd be.

Oh man! That sucks! I'll post up the results when we're done!
 
Thanks to Jav for your hard work organizing the league, always a pleasure to run with you guys.Congrats to Erik good win and a great drive and thanks to the rest of you guys,I thought everbody drove well and sensibly.

Lookin forward to the start of the league races so hope to see you guys again :)
 
Great race guys.

Thanks for hosting Jav. 👍

Nice win Erik, you and Mark are too fast for me. I had a lonely race in third after Darren had a slight mishap early on. The GT guys were very good at letting me past when I came up on them, nice job guys. 👍

I enjoy driving the Riley. :) This was my first ever race with it, looks like I need lots more practice to hang with the fast guys though. Overall I'm happy with my race, I managed to keep it on the track for the whole race. Slow but steady. :sly:

Looking forward to the first official race.
 
Last edited:
Thanks to Jav for your hard work organizing the league, always a pleasure to run with you guys.Congrats to Erik good win and a great drive and thanks to the rest of you guys,I thought everbody drove well and sensibly.

Lookin forward to the start of the league races so hope to see you guys again :)

Yeah great fun Jav, thanks for organizing it, I know a few things about doing it so I really mean thanks ;)

And thank you mamenzies was great pressure you put on me in the beginning of the race. It seem you were faster in the last sector of the track and I was faster in the middle sector. So even if the finish result say 21 second behind me that was actually a close race. Not exactly photo finish, but I felt the pressure throughout the race. Same as you I'm looking forward to next week when we start to race hopefully with more people on the track ;)

Any thoughts on the tracks tested Jav? adding to the calender? I would love to see both Sebring and Road America, but that's me ;) And why not do the Daytona race at night?

EDIT just noticed the Daytona race is at night ;)
 
Last edited:
Thanks again Jav, great fun. First time ever in iRacing I got a tire blowout, of course I made a rookie mistake and took way too much fuel. Sebring and Road America would be fine by me. I like those big tracks for the DP. How could the Caddy beat the GT? Too much ballast?
 
I'd love to use those 2 tracks also, but I want to keep it as it is at the moment, some people bought the content just for this league and changing the tracks last minute would be unfair to them.
The Caddy and Ford where pretty even actually. For the first lap we where running 1.7 seconds from each other the whole time till I spun at Station 5, from there on the gap staid constant with my mistakes marking the difference. Qualy and fast lap was pretty close too, I would've put down a mid .09 on qualy but totally blew the last turn on my fast lap.
 
Without ballast, wouldn't the GT walk allover the Caddy?
 
Back