The GTPFIA Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jav
  • 379 comments
  • 27,851 views
We need to do some recruiting, 16 entrants is not enough. In the last series with the Caddy we had 35 entrants and were only getting 10-12 per race.
Hopefully more people will join on the iRacing forums.
Jav, why don't you make a post on CMS?
Not sure if it would be propper... I'll talk to Dan and see what he thinks about it!
Are you pushing this on the iRacing forum at all?

The thread went online on Monday, so far 2 entries.
 
Just anybody on iRacing can join or just people who see it, create a GTP account then add you to join the league? I don't care either way is fine by me but I'm curious
 
Jav, have you given T Ray an invite? :trouble:
And did any of the old guys like Owens and hon ever make the switch to iRacing?
I know quite a few of them are still alive, well, and active on the forums. I even just had a conversation with Sephy a few weeks ago.
 
Last edited:
Maybe PM Jordan about it, he might be interested.
 
Javier - love to join if you'll have me after my dismal failure in the Caddy Cup!

GTP: RichardF
iRacing: Richard Ferguson
Class/Saftety Rating: D/4.18
Car: Ford GT
Number: 65

Any ideas yet on when race 1 will be?
 
Jav, have you given T Ray an invite? :trouble:
And did any of the old guys like Owens and hon ever make the switch to iRacing?
I know quite a few of them are still alive, well, and active on the forums. I even just had a conversation with Sephy a few weeks ago.

He's already on the league's members list, but I'm messaging him right now on FB!
I've been trying to get Owens into iRacing but he's still hessitant to do it, hon I haven't heard of, Veloci and Jet are already on iRacing but Veloci is still not active Potato is on the league's list as is SohnVonStig. Hopefully they'll come out and play!
 
Hopefully it's some good competition and we all can get the cars evened up
 
The DP registration is now closed, we should start with pre-season testing this weekend!
 
Jav
The DP registration is now closed, we should start with pre-season testing this weekend!

What track do you plan on using?
 
Sebring, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, or maybe Barber.
Or at least those are all the tracks I have that appeal to me and are not already on the schedule. I would say Laguna too, but I know how much you hate that track lol.
 
Sebring, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, or maybe Barber.
Or at least those are all the tracks I have that appeal to me and are not already on the schedule. I would say Laguna too, but I know how much you hate that track lol.

Lol! Yeah! Sounds good, let's see what the rest of the guys like!
 
Any thing's fine by me, there's a 50% chance I might make this weekend, from what you've said I think I want to do the GT but I'll make up my mind when I get a ballast run in hopefully
 
Sebring, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, or maybe Barber.
Or at least those are all the tracks I have that appeal to me and are not already on the schedule. I would say Laguna too, but I know how much you hate that track lol.


Jav
Lol! Yeah! Sounds good, let's see what the rest of the guys like!

Those tracks sound good to me, except for "Seca Lugonna eat your car" :D
 
I will be able to make some of the races! sounds like fun! thank you for creating the series!

GTP: Patrocles
iRacing: Patrick Moore4
Car: Ford GT
Number: 64
Team Name:
 
I don't really care too much about the tracks, since I've only raced a few
 
Is it still not possible to join a hosted session that you don't have all the car it's using?
 
Is it still not possible to join a hosted session that you don't have all the car it's using?


How can we solve this problem? I have 6 track and 2 cars just at one click from buy, and I would like to join this series but don't want to buy the ford GT because I have made my mind about what series I want to run and the GT is not part of it.
 
Not a problem we have control of.
 
Been testing Ford GT round Daytona without ballast of course.

I'm running consistent 1.47's - is it worth me turning up or am I gonna be everyones favourite mobile chicane?
 
How can we solve this problem? I have 6 track and 2 cars just at one click from buy, and I would like to join this series but don't want to buy the ford GT because I have made my mind about what series I want to run and the GT is not part of it.

But the Ford GT anyways, it is so much fun to drive, even if it's only hot lapping. When connected to a 7.1 A/V system the Ford GT is one of iRacings best sounding cars, not to mention this unit has power. I have only hot lapped and practiced with my my GT, I love driving that beast.
 
Ok guys, today's session is scheduled to start at 4:00 P.M US EST/20:00 GMT at Sebring International Raceway for 50 minute practice/10 minutes quali/60 minute race! Hope to see you all on track!
 
i see you are set to qualify for the Belgium GP! so am i.
 
Back