I own a Nikon D70:
angledview.jpg

A D100:
nikond100_p.jpg

A P12:
Sony-DSC-P12-1176.jpg

A GZ-MC500:
103041_gz_mc500_fr.jpg

I also own a telelens, and a macro one for the Nikon's..

I share a digi cam with my dad but planning on getting a DSLR in about 4 to 7 months time.

What camera do I own?

Well, right now... none. My Canon S30 died a few months ago. I've been borrowing my dad's Nikon 4300 and 5700, and his Olympus Evolt E300 since then. I was just about to buy a Canon 20D a few weeks ago but the car needed new tires, wheels and springs more than I needed a $1600 digital camera.

So, I'll buy the Canon when I can afford it. In the meantime I'm going to have to put up with the godforsaken Nikons except when my dad will let me borrow the Olympus.

Woo, my Mum is getting a Fuji S9500 when it comes out any moment now, hopefully I can get to use it. :)

Well woo and hoo. I just purchased a Canon 300D/Digital Rebel off eBay. :D

Transferable NSI Protection Plus Warranty thru 11/11/06 ($25 Transfer fee)
Brand new 18-55 EF/S II lens w/Canon Warranty
BG-E1 Battery grip (like new-rarely used)
512mb Sandisk CF card Memory Card
32mb Canon CF Memory Card
“Da Protector” LCD cover (On since new-original LCD is perfect)
4 batteries: Original Canon & 3 Aftermarket
3 battery covers
Canon CB-5L Battery Charger & Power Cord
Custom rubberized grip pad on rear body (peel-off removable)
Eyepiece cover
Body cap
Canon neck strap (unused)
Video Cable (unused)
USB cable (unused)
Software CDs (Adobe PhotoShop Elements, EOS Digital Solutions, ArcSoft Camera Suite)
Original box
All Manuals

all for $658.90. :D

Integra Type R

3 battery covers
Eyepiece cover
Body cap
Video Cable (unused)
USB cable (unused)
Software CDs (Adobe PhotoShop Elements, EOS Digital Solutions, ArcSoft Camera Suite)
Original box
All Manuals

omg.

usux.

Integra Type R

3 battery covers
Eyepiece cover
Body cap
Video Cable (unused)
USB cable (unused)
Original box
All Manuals

Seems like a nice deal, man. 👍

Are you keeping the S5100?

It is a nice deal.

Yes, I will be keeping the S5100 as a backup. I still have the HP Photosmart 733 that started this whole photography bug. Aahh...memories. :D

These Are The Digital Cameras I Own

Model: HP PhotoSmart 315
Shutter Speed: 1895/10000 second
F Number: F/2.8
Focal Length: 6 mm

Model: Canon EOS 20D
Shutter Speed: 2/1 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 28 mm

Model: Sony DSC-P10
Shutter Speed: 10/600 second
F Number: F/5.2
Focal Length: 24 mm

Sparxxx
These Are The Digital Cameras I Own

Model: HP PhotoSmart 315
Shutter Speed: 1895/10000 second
F Number: F/2.8
Focal Length: 6 mm

Model: Canon EOS 20D
Shutter Speed: 2/1 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 28 mm

Model: Sony DSC-P10
Shutter Speed: 10/600 second
F Number: F/5.2
Focal Length: 24 mm

What? I have no idea what the crap you've just listed here.

Shutter speeds vary on cameras. For instance, on the 20D, I think it can be ask quick as 1/8000th of a second, or for as long as you wish (with a cable release). And I've never seen a camera with a quicker shutter speed 1/8000th and those are only on higher end SLR cameras.

And F Numbers and focal lengths vary based on the lense your using at the time. For instance, I have a few lenses for my Canon dRebel. Right now I have a F1.8 (F Number/Aperature Size) 50mm (focal length) lense on there.

Goomba
What? I have no idea what the crap you've just listed here.

Shutter speeds vary on cameras. For instance, on the 20D, I think it can be ask quick as 1/8000th of a second, or for as long as you wish (with a cable release). And I've never seen a camera with a quicker shutter speed 1/8000th and those are only on higher end SLR cameras.

And F Numbers and focal lengths vary based on the lense your using at the time. For instance, I have a few lenses for my Canon dRebel. Right now I have a F1.8 (F Number/Aperature Size) 50mm (focal length) lense on there.
Unless the lense is fixed, like on the HP and Sony. Besides, he probably has the kit lense on his EOS.

Although I'm not sure what those shutter speeds mean... Are they the fastest, or slowest, or both? :confused:

I had (well... still have) a 4 Megapixel Kodak which was adequate at the time.

I just bought one of these:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0506/05060301samsung_v800.asp

I checked a review on the previous model and that scored 4 stars out of 5 and this has I believe a better lens.

I did try a few images and the level of detail is pretty good. I took a picture of a 1:76 scale model bus and on zooming I could read the lettering on the side (which I need a magnifying glass to read). I have a 512 Mb SD Card with it. It will take over 200 images at the highest resolution (3264x2448) or 26 minutes of 640x480 30 fps video or 11 hours of voice recording. I must say that it has more features than I am ever likely to need and I am impressed so far. I only bought it last Saturday.

It has a good range of shutter speeds (15 seconds to 1/2000 sec) which means it ought to be OK for action shots.

I have yet to try the Text recognition feature which sounds useful.

Hmm, i never realised the quality of the s5500 before. I'm looking into buying it, so i thought i'd check back :)

Canon Digital Rebel (Home and wife use) and a Kodak DX6490 (job use).

I've had the Kodak on the job site for almost 6 months and it has held up suprisingly well. Cold weather, wet weather, 100+ degrees and all identical shots.

I'm disappointed with the shutter speed on the Kodak, but absolutely amazed at how good the Canon shoots.

I own the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I havn't learned all the features it has, because there's a WHOLE BOOK about it, but i'm getting to it. I need to look in to getting a macro lens, close-up pictures are great. 8 Megapixels are awesome.
1342IMG_0156.jpg

I have a Minolta DiMAGE A1 right now.

I'm getting a Canon EOS 20D and a EF 28-135 IS USM lens as soon as it's back in stock at B&H.

For those looking for new cameras, Dpreview.com has the best camera reviews I've seen. They get a little technical, but oh well.

For people with Canon DSLRs, I reccomend this website for lens reviews:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-Zoom-Lens-Reviews.aspx

You can find reviews for EF-S and other types of lenses there as well.

As of today, I've got a Canon EOS 20D. 8.2MP of SLR goodness :)

Now I just need some decent lenses, a battery grip, a fitted case, a few extra batteries, a bigger CF card (the 2GB one I've got just isn't gonna cut it for this), a decent external flash, an underwater case, a remote shutter release... more stuff that I haven't thought of yet... (see, this is why I didn't want to get into photography... it's an even more expensive hobby than computers) Also need to figure out how to get it to do continuous drive, preferably without opening the manual. :D

Nice one Geeky! Be sure to post some pics up 👍

As of yesterday, i have a Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, and i need to get a decent sized memory card, as 64mb is barely anything.

i used have a little trustcam 1300 , it was usefull for snapping parked cars but it was awkward to use , some mofo blagged it on me recent , don't really miss it but i will need a documentation device soon .

i have a olympus camedia c-4000 digicam [4mp camera]:

i also have access to an olympus e-300 Evolt digital SLR [8mp camera]:

Back