The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition) - Winner: NBDESIGNZ

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 286 comments
Code:
FINAL ENTRY

Hello There....

Here in my first entry to this competition.... fairly new to this on this forum, so be gentle with me :gtpflag:

1C883E06-F6D0-4EB6-B1DE-76DE410872D5.jpeg
492AFD6B-D4BD-408B-BFE2-8B93E62BA226.jpeg

2880E2FF-3C0D-4898-840C-4B7DBBF88781.jpeg
B00E0C02-429D-4C46-BA28-385DA657BA98.jpeg
F3BC7CB3-804A-44B8-BC81-3C863D7F78A7.jpeg
FE162DD5-E579-47B7-8CCB-677CEBC5BC98.jpeg
8CB90460-C072-495E-9F00-E841F092BD55.jpeg
1C883E06-F6D0-4EB6-B1DE-76DE410872D5.jpeg
492AFD6B-D4BD-408B-BFE2-8B93E62BA226.jpeg

All the Best,
Marfless

Check my profile on instagram @marflessdesign

Last edited:
I made a non-sport-mode version of my livery on the Merc. I wanted to use the flag inlay on the wordmark for my entry but thought it looked too much with the flags also being on the skirting below.
(only just noticed on this photo that the decal leaks below the mask around the window :dunce:

5980806706538480660_0.jpg

@stepsinpairs this looks awesome!

Each year, the car I use has a special meaning. For the first year I've chosen a french car, using the blue/white/red theme to celebrate both the website and my country. For the second year, I've used the Ford GT LM, an american car like our site founder, and used it to make a tribute video to the iconic Gran Turismo 4 intro.

For this third iteration, I've still to go to the asian continent. Even if it might be too obvious to those who know me, what better car could I've chosen apart from the NSX? It was my favourite race car since GT1, and the car with the most liveries I've done in GTSport yet.

I tried to do some "wild" designs, but everytime I came back to some pure lines, red/blue accents so I gave up and followed my style. Instead of the usual asymmetrical red/blue, I made the front red and the back blue, the two colours crossing each other on the door, recreating the iconic banner of our website. The base colour is a K2 Half Matte chip, with glossy decals, and the body alone contains 274 layers.

The car is of course Sport Mode friendly, as the numberboard will cover the round logo.

Here is the link to the livery.

For those interested, here are some more details and easter eggs of the car :
Most of the secondary sponsors come from my favourite race car, the GT500 Raybrig NSX (from GT3 and GT4). I must admit I'm not a big fan of these BBS wheels, but I wanted to stay with centerlock wheels and they were the most suitable for this car.

Both the front and rear wheel arches are left unpainted, the matte black creating a nice effect like an added carbon widebody. You can see that the rear Bridgestone "B" logo has a blue triangle instead of red to echoe the blue lines at the rear.

Who drive GTPlanet ? @Jordan and @Famine have to be featured on the car! @daan had the same idea, and you can guess he is part of the pit crew with @Sjaak !

I've also signed the car. On the mirror support, I've added a monochrome version of my avatar.

Last edited:
Each year, the car I use has a special meaning. For the first year I've chosen a french car, using the blue/white/red theme to celebrate both the website and my country. For the second year, I've used the Ford GT LM, an american car like our site founder, and used it to make a tribute video to the iconic Gran Turismo 4 intro.

For this third iteration, I've still to go to the asian continent. Even if it might be too obvious to those who know me, what better car could I've chosen apart from the NSX? It was my favourite race car since GT1, and the car with the most liveries I've done in GTSport yet.

I tried to do some "wild" designs, but everytime I came back to some pure lines, red/blue accents so I gave up and followed my style. Instead of the usual asymmetrical red/blue, I made the front red and the back blue, the two colours crossing each other on the door, recreating the iconic banner of our website. The base colour is a K2 Half Matte chip, with glossy decals, and the body alone contains 274 layers.

The car is of course Sport Mode friendly, as the numberboard will cover the round logo.

I’ll update the link to the livery soon.

For those interested, here are some more details and easter eggs of the car :
Most of the secondary sponsors come from my favourite race car, the GT500 Raybrig NSX (from GT3 and GT4). I must admit I'm not a big fan of these BBS wheels, but I wanted to stay with centerlock wheels and they were the most suitable for this car.

Both the front and rear wheel arches are left unpainted, the matte black creating a nice effect like an added carbon widebody. You can see that the rear Bridgestone "B" logo has a blue triangle instead of red to echoe the blue lines at the rear.

View media item 60242Who drive GTPlanet ? @Jordan and @Famine have to be featured on the car! @daan had the same idea, and you can guess he is part of the pit crew with @Sjaak !
Edit : I’ve made a mistake for Famine, I’ll correct it tonight (thanks @daan for the heads up).

I've also signed the car. On the mirror support, I've added a monochrome version of my avatar.
So clean :bowdown:

With all that is going on and it directly effecting my family, I don’t know if I can find the motivation and creativity to do a design

My aim was to maintain the awesome carbon weave this car has as stock. So transperant decals were used where possible so the weave comes though over the whole car. My goal was to keep the livery dark and menacing and ensure its presence is felt on the race track. Had a blast doing this and all of your entries are so impressive guys, have a few new ideas to try, well done and best of luck.

My first ever livery competition entry - absolutely blown away by all of the entries so far! Never anticipate winning, but the aim was simply to challenge myself. I have done a couple of masks before but never on a scale like this design. In terms of the look itself, I'm generally a fan of cleaner liveries rather than those with lots of things happening all at once. Clean liveries tend to be "safe" though so again I tried to put a few extra bold statements into this design than normal. I have used matte stickers over the colourshift chrome as again I like the contrast and dynamic when the car is moving through light and the livery "transforms" as it does so.

I wanted to choose a car no one had yet entered, but eventually used the Mazda Atenza instead given that most cars would have been used by the time I submitted an entry anyway. Instead, I have picked Mazda in celebration of them being the latest manufacturer to provide a Vision car coming in May. Most of the sponsors are also selected as partners to GT Sport or GTPlanet, though yes I forgot about Michelin prior to adding most of the Bridgestone decals!!!

I have also made an "away" livery, equally as safe as the main entry and simply swapping the black and white areas around. The difference shows exactly how a livery can be used to make 1 base car look like 2 entirely different ones when applied though!

After watch 2 sim racing events last night, gonna update my entry :boggled: but still running with Citroen and that red rims. Reason after seeing car entry it just feel mine pretty much overworked :crazy: but I'll use this as experiment land too just like my first entry :lol:

After watch 2 sim racing events last night, gonna update my entry :boggled: but still running with Citroen and that red rims. Reason after seeing car entry it just feel mine pretty much overworked :crazy: but I'll use this as experiment land too just like my first entry :lol:
I’m not sure you have to. Your entry is clearly great, and busy/overworked designs always had my preference on the Citroen GT. The car by itself is already a shapes’ festival so it’s hard to have « pure » lines with this car.

You silly human, you forced me to save your images in case you went through with your mad scheme. :P

I'm with Cytoria, you clearly have the potential to have won already. I'm one of those trying to be MORE complex in my liveries to look decent alongside you mega talents.

It's funny, but between the absolutely fierce level of skills here, and the server pooping out every time I thought of starting an entry of my own, I've been playing a lot of Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky the past couple of weeks. But seeing as this thing is still open, I might just give it a shot after all, just to see if I have what it takes.

I’m not sure you have to. Your entry is clearly great, and busy/overworked designs always had my preference on the Citroen GT. The car by itself is already a shapes’ festival so it’s hard to have « pure » lines with this car.

I'm with Cytoria, you clearly have the potential to have won already. I'm one of those trying to be MORE complex in my liveries to look decent alongside you mega talents.

plan denied, wouldn't bother with this one for smalling the size :crazy: 10kb is around 1/30 image :lol:
EURzRb7UEAEp7BS

Screenshot_1939.png

Screenshot_1940.png

Hello people!

Since the launch of the GT Sport I have been making only gr3 car designs for my friends/team.
Incidentally, last week, I noticed that the contest's theme would be a tribute to GTplanet. Site that I have been following for a long time and that has always helped me to improve. Therefore, I think that there is no better opportunity to debut my first participation and show my gratitude to GTPlanet. Just being part of the contest makes me very satisfied!
Such participation was only possible thanks to the prompt help of Cytoria, who set up my shared photos according to the rules.

I hope you like it! Thanks!

FINAL ENTRY

Back