The GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition (Gr.3 Edition) - Winner: NBDESIGNZ

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 286 comments
Hello people!

Since the launch of the GT Sport I have been making only gr3 car designs for my friends/team.
Incidentally, last week, I noticed that the contest's theme would be a tribute to GTplanet. Site that I have been following for a long time and that has always helped me to improve. Therefore, I think that there is no better opportunity to debut my first participation and show my gratitude to GTPlanet. Just being part of the contest makes me very satisfied!
Such participation was only possible thanks to the prompt help of Cytoria, who set up my shared photos according to the rules.

I hope you like it! Thanks!

FINAL ENTRY
You have got to do a team vehicle with blue in place of the red

Thanks for the likes. Atlhough I've been here for what seems like forever, it's my first entry.
I still find it incredible that we can pour over detailed liveries, then race and post them up for others to see.
As well, nice job on the mandatory image settings. A nice image fade (background) from front to back : )

FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

full

full

One of my ideas was to combine the regulations of LEC #50 'Fluoresence' with this Anniversary/tribute contest, together with the mandatory number 50 that was set. But I couldn't make a choise so I was on another idea I had a month earlier, making a whole series of the Hyundai Genesis. And that was the start to make this livery in a range of colour combinations.

Besides the above, I set myself to use only the GTplanet logo's from the user content, but also used the numbers 5 and 0 to complete that side-mission. Most fun part was to create a wider car with the blacked fenders + the grid decals to create something like a carbon-ish effect. On the bonnet I scaled the GT planet logo almost maximum and made the dots more 3D.
It's always a challenge to challenge yourself, learning new techniques AND making a livery you're content with it. In the end, with all the colour combinations, I still was in doubt between the Red/white livery and this Honeybee edition. I ran through this thread and noticed there wasn't that much yellow compared to the red, blue or other colours. So the Honeybee GTplanet tribute it was !

Photo's
I've seen the photo's on my cmputer, I'm not satisfied by it.. I will update them between now and Friday morning.

Download the Honeybee

Some other editions ;
Download 1, Download 2, Download 3, Download 4

Last edited:
You have got to do a team vehicle with blue in place of the red

Well, I was in doubt. I could use both colors, just red or just blue. Despite the high amount of lines and stripes (I reached the 300 layers allowed only for bodywork), I thought the blue would give Porsche a more classic and calm appearance. On the other hand, using the two colors in addition to black and white, I realized that, because of the intricate bands, the look would be polluted and heavy.
In the end, I thought that red would be better for giving a more aggressive impression, without exaggeration, and even matching the category of the car and the suggested theme. In fact, I sought balance in the design (difficult to achieve). But, in my opinion, these sensations are individual and each person perceives them in their own way ... This brings even more beauty when we appreciate any type of art.

Take care and thanks for the comment!

By the way, I wanna give a quick shout-out to @daan. I was unable to find the GTP logo masks either in my library or on Discover, so he provided me with the .svgs for me to upload myself so I could use them. Unfortunately, the livery I made with them turned out to not be that great, so I had to start over, and wound up making this one. Still, props to daan for going out of his way to help me out. I appreciate it!

If you want, you can grab the livery here, the suit here, and the helmet here.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

So here we are again with the GTP liveries :lol:
This time around I have decided to use the only Gr.3 car that I cannot recall seeing a GTP livery used on in previous LEC ( I have the feeling nobody likes to use it much because of the number board placement) I wanted to do a livery that flaunted the traditionally bold twin stripes that the viper is so well known for and the GTP theme fits perfectly to that as well so I kept it all pretty basic. I chose W1 matte metallic for the base instead of a more usual white base paint as I think it looks much better on the Viper and the decals I have kept at full gloss.

I also decided much like a few other entries here that an alt/inverted livery would work well on the Viper and I only had to change the colour of a few of the sponsor decals from black to white along with the base paint, this time having the base glossy and the decals matted.

I will add download links to the comments in the gallery at the conclusion of this LEC.
:D:gtpflag::D

Last edited:
Well, I was in doubt. I could use both colors, just red or just blue. Despite the high amount of lines and stripes (I reached the 300 layers allowed only for bodywork), I thought the blue would give Porsche a more classic and calm appearance. On the other hand, using the two colors in addition to black and white, I realized that, because of the intricate bands, the look would be polluted and heavy.
In the end, I thought that red would be better for giving a more aggressive impression, without exaggeration, and even matching the category of the car and the suggested theme. In fact, I sought balance in the design (difficult to achieve). But, in my opinion, these sensations are individual and each person perceives them in their own way ... This brings even more beauty when we appreciate any type of art.

Take care and thanks for the comment!
You are right, the red does give a more aggressive look. I was just thinking that the teammate of this car would have blue. That way you have both. Lol

FINAL ENTRY

This entry is meant to pay tribute to three important pioneers of our beloved hobby.

P1 - Armand Peugeot
This Frenchman was the very first automobile race driver ever. In the year 1891 there were no automobile races, so he entered with his self-constructed Typ 3 Quadricyle the long-distance road bicycle race Paris–Brest–Paris – and he finished after 2,000 km. That’s the reason why I chose a Peugeot for my livery – and the VGT because it allows me use the “side “window” for design.

P2 - Kazunori Yamauchi (Japanese. 山内 一典)
All of us owe this Japanese genius not only our beloved driving simulator but also this overwhelming Livery Editor Competition. For this reason a portrait of “Kaz” and his driver name take pride of place on the side windows of my car.

P3 - Jordan Greer
As a tribute to the founder of this excellent and friendly platform his driver name gets a place of honour next to Mr Yamauchi.
Thanks to Jordan we are having a warm community which more than ever is important during these days of misery. As a reminder to this I placed SARS-CoV-2 decals at the front of my car.

For the basic paint I chose “BRG coloushift” after long time of hesitation which would be the most matching colour. I had also taken in account white, silver, black, red and blue.

It is overwhelming how many brilliant entries with unique designs we can see in this thread.
Best of luck for the poll and stay clean!

Livery at gran-turismo.com

I know exactly what you mean! I'm so jealous of the talent parading around here so humbly. Everyone's work is just outstanding. :bowdown:

I thought I'd give it a shot, and after my game crashed, taking all my replays, photos and a couple dozen paints with it, dag nab it. I got most of it back from an old save. I guess it's time for PS Plus, huh. Anyhow, I guess I'd better get a wiggle on and finish up.

For this LEC I decided to do this two face theme with the red and blue. I will also make another two versions with only the blue as basecolor and red stripes and vice versa, so there will be team red and team blue. I hope you like it!

I have to tell the quality of the entries so far is beyond amazing

Last edited:
Back