The Highway Girl: Page 9 - The New Reina

The first round of Super GT will be on the next page.

Tokyo R246 (600 PP Super GT Seasonal).

Let's see if that phantom Supra will stir up trouble.

Page 5 - Showdown in Aoyama

After weeks of thorough testing, we have found the ideal settings for the Supra. The Super GT will officially start and the first round will be held in Aoyama. As a result, the race route is closed for traffic, hence the traffic jam around the area where I live. Plus, it's a weekend.

Our team is one of the early ones to assemble at the pit lane. We are doing last touches to the car. I can see Samui-kun, obviously nervous about it.

Samui: "This is already tense. Look at the other teams, they are very much spot-on."

Nobuyuki: "I know you can do it, Samui-kun! Just do your best, and you'll take home a trophy."

Samui: "All right."

And what a surprise, the Kanonji Twins arrive, to support us!

Takanori: "Hey Samui. You really are into big leagues now, huh? Oh, you're driving a Supra, eh?"

Takuma: "Reminiscing your Senpai, Samui?"

There's a brief silence. Yeah, we all remember that... Seeing my Supra reminds me of my beloved younger brother.

Samui: "I hope Nobu-senpai is watching me. I will make him proud."

Takanori: "With the clear sunny sky, he is definitely watching you."

Takuma: "The competition seems rough. Careful, Samui. Super GT races are always a dogfight."

In Mie prefecture, Hiroyuki goes to his 2nd home where Nobuhiko's Supra is stashed. However, he sees tire marks at the garage, and as he opened the electronic door, he is taken by shock to see that the car is missing.

Hiroyuki: "What the...!? How could this be?"

He checks the house, and all is in order. Nothing was stolen.

Hiroyuki: "There's no sign of robbery here, but the car is missing!"

He calls up the police to report this strange occurrence...

Then he asks the neighbor just in front.

Neighbor: "Oh, don't you know that Nobuhiko-san often drives that car? Today, he went out this morning..."

Hiroyuki: "I... see...."

Then Hiroyuki is now disturbed, and with the growing stories of the Phantom Supra, he now has a hunch.

Hiroyuki: "My son is driving it??? How??? Does it mean that his spirit still lingers on? The Phantom Supra stories in Suzuka, and this... are they connected?

After a rather long ceremony with the National Anthem and fireworks, the first round has officially started. Samui-kun will be the one driving. He can win this...

8584565914_006211a1fb_c.jpg

8583465337_c27c275727_c.jpg

Samui: "Just keep calm.... and win."

8583464959_9b1f938ea9_c.jpg

He is really effective in overtaking his opponents. I knew that I made the right decision of recruiting you!

8584565112_dcb930d5bd_c.jpg

8584564776_9e7c128985_c.jpg

Samui-kun does not speak much. And I guess we are trouble-free for this round. He just flies by...

8583464017_ccd3212062_c.jpg

Samui: "Tires and brakes are okay, Nobuyuki-san."

Nobuyuki: "Got it."

8584563994_00ba374050_c.jpg

Samui: "I am now chasing GT-Rs. Am I at the high ranks?"

Nobuyuki: "Definitely! Just show them what you are capable of!"

8584563720_5c5acba9b1_c.jpg

Samui: "Tell to Takanori that I'm sorry, that I will have to beat his favorites, hehehehehe...."

Nobuyuki: "Roger that. Hey Takanori, Samui-kun is apologizing that he is going to beat your favorite GT-Rs now."

Takanori: "Awwwwwwww..... I can't stand to see GT-Rs lose, but I can't stand seeing Samui losing either!"

8583463087_4927204419_c.jpg

Samui: "All right! I have the lead!"

Nobuyuki: "Protect it. You know how things in Super GT can get cranky."

8583462911_eecfe90138_c.jpg

Samui: "Nobu-senpai... I will win the entire season... for you."

Yes! We take the first round! I guess I'll be keeping Samui-kun in my team forever... hehehehehe.

Takanori: "You did it, Samui!"

Samui: "I think I won by luck..."

Takanori: "You didn't! You showed to everyone what a Kanonji is capable of! And to think, you beat those mighty GT-Rs. Overtaking those is like a medal of honor in Super GT."

Takuma: "And you set the course record for today. You did a lap time of 1 minute and 43 seconds."

Hours go by, and all of the teams and audience are vacating the track, with some of them and the organizers left to clean up.

However...

8584562918_2f5b789f4a_c.jpg

Circuit Marshal: "What the...!? That car!!!!"

8583461987_08c972415e_c.jpg

Some of the marshals have to back off in fear since they were busy taking off the circuit guardrails.

8583461327_ee2afc72ef_c.jpg

Organizer: "The rumors are true! The driver-less, Phantom Supra!!!"

8584561102_676307fab9_c.jpg

8583460275_6fd6cb725d_c.jpg

8584560356_ee437a966d_c.jpg

It sets a lap time of 1:35.7....

End of Page 5

Page 6 - The Substitute

At night, I have heard the reports that the Phantom Supra showed up just as the organizers were cleaning up the track. And it had easily beaten Samui-kun's record. The young man feels a bit saddened after hearing it.

What does it want to prove? Why is it there?

I am strolling around... and I end up in the Hiramoto household, where I really live...

I am seeing my mother, about to put a potted plant outside, but her hand slips. I run for it and catch that pot. Seeing her makes me feel overjoyed! Though when can I tell the truth to them?

Kyoko: "Oh thank you. May I know your name?"

Nobuyuki: "Ishida Nobuyuki. Good evening, ma'am."

Kyoko: "Nobuyuki? Oh... I had a son with a similar name, but he died..."

Nobuyuki: "Really? That's sad to hear..."

Kyoko: "Actually, that's the real source of Nobuhiko's sadness. Nobuyuki was everything to him."

Hearing that, I just looked down... To think that he was sad all along, until he died.

Kyoko: "What's wrong?"

Nobuyuki: "Oh nothing. I'm going to put up the pot. Where do you want to put it?"

Kyoko: "Oh, just in front of you."

I did what she told. She has aged a lot, and I can tell that she has gone through a lot.

Then my father arrives. He looks rather flushed. But I am happy that I see my parents again, and together. I want to tell them that I'm alive, but...

Hiroyuki: "Oh Nobuyuki. What brings you here?"

Nobuyuki: "Hiroyuki-san, I just passed by and helped your wife put the pot that slipped through her hands."

Hiroyuki: "Oh thank you for helping her. Since it's dinner, why don't you join us?"

Really!? Actually, I want to... I want to be with you again...

Nobuyuki: "Oh sure. I actually live alone, and I haven't thought of dinner yet."

Kyoko: "I will serve dinner shortly. Please come inside."

At the dining room, my father still is disturbed.

Nobuyuki: "Is something wrong?"

Hiroyuki: "About that Phantom Supra.... I think it's true."

Nobuyuki: "I guess so. Why?"

Hiroyuki: "I planned on running that Supra in Suzuka this morning. But I was taken by shock. That car is missing."

Kyoko: "What? Oh dear... did you report it to the police?"

Hiroyuki: "I did, but they have no luck in finding it. What is horrifying is that...

...the neighbor actually saw Nobuhiko taking that out."

What!? Little Nobu is actually running that thing!? No wonder they say it's driver-less.

Kyoko: "Nobuhiko.... so his spirit still lingers in this world? I wish he is here in this house right now."

Hiroyuki: "I wonder what are his intentions. I believe that the neighbor is not mentally challenged."

Nobuyuki: "There are people born with sixth sense. And that neighbor is one of those people."

We start to eat. I miss Mom's large sashimi platter. Lots and lots to eat! Little Nobu and I used to compete as to who eats the most sashimi.

Kyoko: "Please taste my Sashimi Platter. I used to make that before... I hope I still got it right."

It's still delicious, Mom! I really miss it!

I can see the couple actually eating sadly. They miss Little Nobu a lot...

Kyoko: "I wish both Nobuyuki and Nobuhiko are in this room right now, eating very voraciously as they compete."

She starts to cry, and Dad just calms her down. I can't stand to see them like this. I just can't blurt out the truth to them!

After dinner, I take time to go upstairs. This house, still has not changed. I go to my room. As I enter, it still is in condition as it was 16 years ago.

Kyoko: "That's Nobuyuki's room. I never touched it ever since he was kidnapped. He used to scatter all his toys there. I want to remember him that way."

She excused herself and goes to the bathroom. Next, I enter Little Nobu's room. It's very clean. Nobuhiko loves to put things in order, and he usually hits me when I scatter his room. I saw that yellow ball. The moment I hold it, I remembered that fateful day we were separated, and the news of his death.

My emotions have built up. I cried... I keep on crying and crying until tears reach on the ball.

Nobuyuki: "I'm sorry... Little Nobu! I'm so sorry! I wish I could have been in your side! I wish that we would play together some more!"

My mother comes in...

Kyoko: "Are you okay?"

I quickly wipe off my tears and calmed myself down.

Nobuyuki: "Oh... nothing."

I immediately head home. In my bedroom, I continued on crying... crying and crying...

I remember one of those moments with Little Nobu...

Nobuyuki: "Hey, what are you looking at that night sky for?"

Nobuhiko: "Nii-san, I want to be as fast as Otousan! I will be the greatest racer in the world! When the shooting star passes by, I will wish for it!"

Nobuyuki: "Don't say that out loud when it does, okay? Just keep it to yourself."

Nobuhiko: "Oh really? Okay."

The very reason why my cars are yellow is because of you. Your favorite color is yellow, right? I want to live on your dream... I want to make it happen for you!

And with you lingering around in spirit form, I guess you have something to say to me, huh? You want to see me for one last time... You want to play together again.

Okay, so it's the 2nd round. The team is in Fuji Speedway, and this time, I will do the driving. I will show Little Nobu that I am fulfilling his dream!

8585625890_13a1db5d0a_c.jpg

8585626028_0139c98a16_c.jpg

I will definitely capture the pole position! I am dead serious, even in this qualifying session.

However, I hear a very loud whine. I can't shift gears! Dammit!

8584524921_18bf8c99c9_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "The transmission broke down. I will go back to the pits."

Samui: "Roger that."

What's worse, the transmission is totally broken and we have to source for a new one. The chief mechanic told me that it will take 4 hours for it to be delivered here. Damn! The race will start in 30 minutes! Another bad luck has struck down on me. I am the unluckiest person in the world, huh?

Samui: "Shall we retire?"

Nobuyuki: "I'm afraid so."

Suddenly... that Castrol Supra arrives! The entire pit crew is surprised, and the other teams as well.

Samui: "Nobu-senpai!"

Nobuyuki: "Nobu-senpai? You can see him?"

Samui: "I can. And he is showing a thumbs up to you right now."

He's here.... And everyone is shocked by his presence. Even though Samui-kun is the only person that can see him, I can feel that he's here. Our bond as brothers is strong!

I leave it to you... Little Nobu. I want to see you run! I want to see why you are The GT500 Legend!

8584524601_e726941b23_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Watch me, Nii-san... This is your Little Nobu!"

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Little Nobu

Everyone, including the organizers, is surprised by the appearance of Nobuhiko and his so-called Phantom Supra. Heh, they should fear, because the Hiramoto name is the fastest in Super GT.

And little Nobu will show everyone why. He is actually taking my place... I am very happy! I am so happy to see him once again... even though only in spirit form.

8585625474_d3dd94eca2_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "How are you, nii-san?"

8584523977_0da4a38f88_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "There is a reason why I still linger in this world... I have to see you before I completely move on."

8584523617_fe8dccd161_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I want to play with you for one last time! It's been too long.... I missed you so much."

8584523399_a16b1260ba_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I guess I'll be substituting for you. Just watch Little Nobu, with his dreams fulfilled!"

8585624332_3c9a9be7e8_c.jpg

Back at the pit lane...

Samui: "Whoa..."

Nobuyuki: "He really is The GT500 Legend. To think he can overtake the high-powered GT-Rs easily."

Samui: "Senpai's racing spirit is so strong, and he is not the one that will not give up."

8584522743_6b5ed7b103_c.jpg

8585624308_7a54da3cdb_c.jpg

What? He's just playing along... He can overtake the NSX anytime at the long straight.

Nobuhiko: "I have detuned this Supra a bit. I want to play with you and have fun."

8584522177_3948cf82f3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I feel so guilty whenever I have to pass an NSX. I just love that car too..."

8584521893_bda2210c36_c.jpg

8585622748_4884d463d5_c.jpg

Samui: "He has the lead!"

Nobuyuki: "NSXs are very difficult to overcome. No wonder they're being hindered by weight handicaps later on. Yet Little Nobu managed to just play along with it? This is insane..."

8584521421_d34b26cefc_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Oh well... I gotta do this for nii-san! Till next time, NSX-sama!"

8585622284_3b8a976950_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I must admit, you are a worthy opponent."

8584520949_189f4d40ac_c.jpg

8585621896_5c7a13f414_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Seeing that you are in this league, I want to race you, Nii-san! Our Supras shall roar Suzuka soon!"

8584520477_63ef2bda7a_c.jpg

What a stellar performance! That's to be expected, and everyone had a glimpse of a legend.

Thank you for being on my side, Little Nobu... I knew that we'd meet someday.

He immediately left the track just as the reporters form different media stations start closing in. Man, everyone is either freaked out or amazed at what happened today. A paranormal activity has just took place.

Samui: "He's just gone."

Nobuyuki: "I understand. I am very thankful that he helped us out."

Samui: "Really?"

Nobuyuki: "For some reason, he gave the points he earned to our team. He did not race just for exhibition. He did it for us."

Samui: "I am also very happy to see him..."

Nobuyuki: "Isn't it scary for you, that you actually see him?"

Samui: "I don't mind. Don't worry, you'll be able to see him too..."

Meanwhile, in Tokyo, Kasumi is busy putting her infant son to sleep. When the infant finally does so, she goes back to her computer, and finds out that Nobuhiko has actually taken part in the 2nd round of Super GT.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun?"

Suddenly, the curtains move about despite the fact that the window is closed, and the aircon is not facing the curtains.

She looks back, and suddenly Nobuhiko appears in front of her. He is somehow materialized, and he came out from a ray of light.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun!"

Nobuhiko: "How are you, Kasumi?"

Kasumi manages to hug Nobuhiko and starts to cry.

Kasumi: "You have no idea how much I miss you!!!"

Nobuhiko: "I want to talk to you before I leave this living world. I have little time left. I was given a short time to fix things here, especially when it comes to you. We haven't had closure..."

Kasumi: "You know how I felt when you passed on? I was so depressed! I love you so much, Nobu-kun..."

Nobuhiko: "I know that, and I can feel it."

Kasumi: "Oh look, here is my child. His name is Toshirou."

Nobuhiko: "So cute... and he looks a lot like you. Kasumi, I have yet to return your feelings. I am here to do it.... here and now.

The two kiss each other on their lips. Kasumi's tears keep on flowing.

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Little Time Left

Nobuhiko and Kasumi have shared a kiss. The latter keeps on crying while doing so.

Nobuhiko: "Kasumi... Don't cry."

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun. Please stay with me. Please..."

Nobuhiko: "As much as I want to, I just cannot. Forgive me, Kasumi. I wish a happy life ahead of you."

Kasumi: "Being with you makes me happy. It's the only thing I want!"

Nobuhiko: "I am a spirit, and you are a living being. I cannot live with you forever. I am only here to return your feelings.

I have watched you, and since you have moved on, just continue on living, even without me. You don't want your son seeing you miserable. Despite what happened a year ago, I have never changed my view towards you. It's not right to judge you."

He wipes off the tears on her face.

Nobuhiko: "You are very beautiful, Kasumi. And it will be even more if you keep on smiling."

Kasumi: "My heart will beat... and scream your name forever."

Nobuhiko: "Me too. Once I move on, I will never forget your smile, and your kindness. I will be watching you and your happy family."

Nobuhiko's spirit starts to disappear.

Kasumi: "So, this is it?"

Nobuhiko: "Yes. I am using this short time just to talk to you. Now that we have confessed our feelings to each other, I can finally move on very happily. The only thing left for me to do now is to see my big brother again... for one last time."

Kasumi: "I don't want to say goodbye. There is no such thing... We will see each other again."

Nobuhiko: "Time for me to go."

And so, Nobuhiko smiles at her and finally disappears. Then she hears his voice once again as he departs.

"I love you, Kasumi.... I love you very much."

Kasumi looks at the sky, still in tears.

9365_10200780355734710_1898799352_n.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Kasumi... Finally, we have settled everything. And I will always love you..."

388383_10200780359614807_1915149460_n.jpg

550035_10200780356094719_72614741_n.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Just one more left. I have to see my family once again... and that includes you, Nii-san.

Let's play together for one last time! Just once, and I can truly move on. I can leave this world, when my family is truly happy."

482384_10200780359134795_775065404_n.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'll miss you so much, Suzuka. I guess I won't be haunting racers here anymore once I have moved on."

His Supra sets a lap time of 2 minutes and 3.1 seconds.

Nobuhiko: "I know it's slower, but I have to be fair, of course. This Supra meets the performance levels of today's Super GT machines.

Can you keep up, Nii-san?"

Once again, I visit the Hiramoto household to tell my parents about what had transpired in Fuji Speedway.

Okaasan lets me in, and she gives me a cup of green tea.

Kyoko: "How are you? Oh, how was the race?"

Nobuyuki: "Well, you might not believe what I'll tell you."

Kyoko: "What is it sweetie?"

Nobuyuki: "Nobuhiko... raced there."

Kyoko: "Really!? Did you see him?"

Nobuyuki: "I can't. Samui-kun is the only person that can see him."

Kyoko: "I want to see him one more time."

Then Otousan arrives and joins us at the discussion. This is it. This is the perfect opportunity. I want to be reunited. I want this family to be happy once again!!!

Nobuyuki: "I... have something very important to say."

End of Page 8

Last edited:
Page 9 - Reunion

I have to break it. And seeing the faces of my parents, I guess they're ready.

Nobuyuki: "I..."

Kyoko: "What is it that you want to say, Nobuyuki-san?"

Nobuyuki: "I am... your long-lost first born child.... Okaasan."

Kyoko: "What!?"

I rolled up my left sleeve, and I showed them my birth mark.

Hiroyuki: "That birth mark... It is you."

Kyoko: "No wonder... I felt something from you!!!"

Okaasan stands up and hugs me so tight. After all these years, I finally got home. My real home. Man, I am crying with joy.

Nobuyuki: "I miss you so much!"

Hiroyuki: "We're very sorry.... that we gave up on looking for you."

Nobuyuki: "It's okay... Forget about it. What's important is that I'm finally home, and finally we're a happy family again."

Kyoko: "You're right. Though your little brother is gone..."

Nobuyuki: "That may be true, but as long as he is in our hearts, he is still present."

Hiroyuki: "I have a lot of catching up to do. So, how did you survive?"

And so, I tell them my entire life after that ordeal. Mom could not stop on crying, and she hugs me again.

Kyoko: "This is the best day of my life! I could never afford to lose you again!"

Nobuyuki: "Me too. I'm thinking of this family everyday of my life. I was wishing that I could finally end up here. And the wish is granted."

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko should be present to see this moment. But I guess we are still a happy family."

Nobuyuki: "What really made me happy is that both of you have reconciled."

Hiroyuki: "We have to do it for your little brother... and to you as well. Both of you want to have a happy family, right? You deserve it, because we love you both so much. Now, we promise you that everything will be better, that we will make you smile all the time."

Nobuyuki: "There is one thing I still wish. I want to see Little Nobu..."

Hiroyuki: "If that's your wish, then we can take you to his grave tomorrow."

Nobuyuki: "No.... his spiritual form. According to Samui-kun, he still lingers around here. I might ask Samui-kun to actually meet up."

The next day, Samui is practicing his skills at Suzuka Circuit. He now follows his racing line as he sets a lap time.

timensx1_zpse6b0ac27.jpg

Samui: "I have found my ideal line. It's time for me to set a record."

timensx2_zps951d8cff.jpg

Samui: "Senpai, I will never forget the day you taught me how to drive this NSX properly. Now, I really love the car! This turned me into a better person, actually. I have learned that I have to go out and explore new things, not just tennis..."

timensx3_zpsa2c573dd.jpg

Samui: "Half-throttle.... and then bury it!"

timensx4_zps2116ecef.jpg

Samui: "I love how it can rev up to 11,000 rpm. Ichishima-san is one the best tuners in the world!"

timensx5_zpsbd619444.jpg

Samui: "Stop the clock.... and I did 2 minutes and 2.7 seconds. Hmmmmm.... is that good?"

Suddenly, Nobuhiko shows up at the passenger seat.

Nobuhiko: "No... it was great!!! You beat my lap time, Samui-kun!"

Samui: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

The car returns to the pit lane. The two have a talk...

Nobuhiko: "Samui-kun, you really are a Kanonji. Look at how you beat my lap time here."

Samui: "You would always be my Senpai. And you are the fastest racer I have ever known."

Nobuhiko: "You will be a great person someday. And I will be seeing that from high up the heavens.

You know, I have only up until tomorrow to stay here."

Samui: "Really!? But..."

Nobuhiko: "I was given a special permission to be here and fix stuff. The only thing left for me to do is to see my big brother. I want to see him for one last time, and I also want to play with him."

Samui: "So, you want to race him?"

Nobuhiko: "Yes. And it will take place here. Rain or shine, it has to happen."

Samui: "No problem. I will tell that to him. But... do you really have to go???"

Nobuhiko: "As much as I don't want to, but I have to. Remember, spirits don't linger too long in this world. I will finally move on once I have settled everything. A little talk with my big brother will do. As for you, I have taught you everything you need to know. And I am so proud of what you achieved so far in your life. I am so happy that you are my Kouhai."

Samui starts to cry.

Nobuhiko: "You're crying again? Hey, you don't have to..."

Samui: "It's just that.... I will miss you so much!"

Nobuhiko: "You have to move on, okay? Don't forget everything I taught you. They will make you a great person. Plus, I think you will win the Super GT season. I know you can, even without me! And also, I want to thank you...

...that you made it possible for me to see my big brother again."

End of Page 9

I might be online in GT5 later. I'll lend the Castrol Supra and do a Rain Battle at Suzuka.

Or else, we'll do that on a Saturday. I might do the Nurburgring 4H tomorrow.

Next page:

Nobu vs. Nobu

Page 10 - Nobu vs. Nobu

The next day, while I am having lunch with Mom and Dad, someone just rang the doorbell. Mom opened the door and it turns out to be Samui-kun to be the visitor. He wants to see me, and he joined us at the dining room.

Slurping the green tea, Samui-kun takes a deep breath.

Samui: "I am here to tell you something important. Yesterday, I encountered Nobu-senpai at Suzuka."

Hiroyuki: "Is that so? Well, what did he tell you?"

Samui: "He wants to see Nobuyuki-san and race him for one last time."

I see. No wonder he's been hanging around... Me too... I want to see him. I want to tell him how I miss him so much.

Nobuyuki: "He wants to play... I see."

Samui: "Today is his last day in this world. Please, you have to see him."

Nobuyuki: "All right. I am very eager to play with him."

Kyoko: "We're coming. Where do we have to meet him?"

Samui: "In Suzuka Circuit. He is waiting there..."

So today is his last day. I've got to hurry! Upon ascending to my room, I notice that the weather has gone cloudy, to the point that it might rain. Anyways, I packed my race suit and helmet on to my bag.

With so much that happened, what will I tell Nobuhiko? But I think this would be a grand reunion...

As hours of traveling go by, the rain starts to pour. I rarely do rain races, you know? This is a disadvantage.

But rain or shine, this has to happen! I cannot let Little Nobu go without seeing me! Then tears start to flow...

Hiroyuki: "Something wrong?"

Nobuyuki: "To think... he actually wants to see me in his last moments before he could depart. He never got angry. I'm actually happy..."

We arrived at the track. The Kanonji Twins are also present to see the race. And Takanori-san is a bit horrified...

Takanori: "Samui... Are you sure? You can see him?"

Takuma: "Good thing my blundering twin here does not have an open Third Eye."

Takanori: "I DON'T WANT THAT! My wife loves to watch horror films. And I cannot sleep last night because we watched The Ring..."

Then we hear a loud exhaust note. And there it is...

supraduel1_zpsba85dcb3.jpg

Otousan is very shocked upon seeing that car pass by.

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko..."

Kyoko: "No driver... His soul drives that car."

supraduel2_zps616a1890.jpg

That Castrol Supra returns to the pit lane. The driver side door opens by itself, and that made Takanori-san freak out.

Takanori: "Waaaaaahhhhh!"

Samui: "Nobu-senpai. Everyone is here. You want to say something?"

Takanori: "W...W... Wait. You can talk to Nobuhiko as well???"

Samui: "I can see and communicate with ghosts, Takanori. Don't fear... he's not the typical ghost."

Nobuhiko: "I guess 3 laps would do. This shall be long enough for us to play."

Kyoko: "Where is Nobuhiko? I cannot see him..."

Samui: "In front of me, Kyoko-san. I am the only person here that can see him."

Nobuyuki: "What did he say?"

Samui: "The race would be three laps."

Nobuhiko: "And tell him that we will talk after the race."

Samui: "And both of you will talk after the race, Nobuyuki-san."

I knew it. He also misses me so much, huh? We can do that later...

For now, let us play!

We lined up our cars at the starting line. I don't feel fear even though I'm racing against a ghost. But I think this would be very difficult.

Samui: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!!"

And we're off! Whoa, the Castrol Supra had a rocket start!

supraduel3_zps25b2ce2c.jpg

He already got me in the first corner! This isn't some sort of magic, is it?

supraduel4_zpsce031756.jpg

supraduel5_zps85fec60a.jpg

You can really tell he has been tearing up in Suzuka for his entire life... even from beyond the grave.

Hiroyuki: "Even from beyond the grave... Nobuhiko's still has his top-notch reflexes. You need that to control a high powered car in wet conditions."

Takanori: "Unreal... Nobuyuki will have a difficult time here!"

Takuma: "Plus, Nobuhiko's Supra is turbocharged which is an advantage in acceleration. Nobuyuki's Supra, on the other hand, is normally-aspirated but the nature of the V8 engine makes it have a high level of torque equal to that of a turbocharged engine. Actually, it all depends on car control now, as both cars are disadvantageous in this type of weather condition."

supraduel6_zps7669d5ae.jpg

Shoot! I lost control! The gap is further widened!

Nobuhiko: "What's wrong? You usually don't give up when we play catch, right?"

supraduel7_zps1e813779.jpg

What? He backed off to wait for me? Heh, you do want to play, huh? Okay then. Then let us play, Little Nobu!!!

supraduel8_zpscfd69655.jpg

130R may look simple, but it is actually a dangerous corner. On wet, that corner has to be taken seriously.

supraduel9_zps626ac19c.jpg

2nd lap! I'm still struggling to keep up with Nobuhiko. Man, you make this place like your 2nd home.

supraduel10_zpsaac4fbbd.jpg

supraduel11_zps2a162269.jpg

Takanori: "2nd lap has started! Back when I was racing Nobuhiko, I had a hard time. He's really good."

supraduel12_zpsaa812d2a.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I agree. No opponent had taken Nobuhiko very lightly. By all accounts, they had pushed themselves to the limit upon racing him. Even in tennis, I exerted my body to its limits simply because I have to keep up with his speed."

Nobuhiko: "Finally, we are playing together again. It's been 16 years... I thought you were dead. Because of that, I was so sad. You are the person I have been looking up to when we were together. I always asked advice from you. You are my greatest Sensei..."

supraduel13_zpsc788423e.jpg

Crap! I have to slow down a lot! Nobuhiko blocked my passing attempt at the 130R!

supraduel14_zps64fd9466.jpg

Whew, I thought I'm gonna crash...

It's the start of the 3rd lap. This time, I shall get serious. Pretty soon, I shall be The GT500 Legend just like you!

Nobuhiko: "What the..."

supraduel15_zps5b8c67ad.jpg

supraduel16_zps959b6165.jpg

The real battle begins now... Come, my little brother!

supraduel17_zpse86c5654.jpg

End of Page 10

Last edited:
Page 11 - The White Butterfly

It's the final lap. Time to show everyone what a Nobuyuki Hiramoto can do! And of course, to cherish these last moments with my little brother...

Takanori: "Suzuka is slowly turning into a Hiramoto playground. First, my loss to Nobuhiko. Second, Hiroyuki-san's race against Nobuhiko, then the "haunting" of Nobuhiko's Supra here, and then this... the battle between the siblings."

Takuma: "The last thing to do is for Hiroyuki-san to buy the track."

Hiroyuki: "Ahahahahaha... Well, can't complain about that."

Shoot! I entered too fast! I am sliding!

supraduel18_zps39de8306.jpg

He's slipping through! He does not fear of a crash!

supraduel19_zps94caa064.jpg

Man, that was close. Super GT drivers are gutsy...

supraduel20_zps6d43621a.jpg

supraduel21_zpsea0e87cc.jpg

And while he's smooth-sailing, I am struggling to control 500 horsepower on wet tarmac!

supraduel22_zps3e8d6843.jpg

This shall do the trick, I tapped the Castrol Supra's rear.

Nobuhiko: "That's my trick! Oh well, I'm known for that, anyway."

supraduel23_zpse706126e.jpg

That's odd, the Castrol Supra looked sluggish at the corner exit. Could that be the reason why I can somehow keep up?

supraduel24_zpsb3540465.jpg

Gotcha! The rain has totally taken both of us, actually. We have to be very careful!

Nobuhiko: "The road has gotten too slippery. The rain can even the odds between drivers of different skills. Nii-san... you never give up! That's why I'm inspired to race back then! You and Otousan... both of you were my inspirations!"

supraduel25_zps92b732fa.jpg

Just watch and learn, Little Nobu. You are looking at a legend in the making!

supraduel26_zpsb819f058.jpg

Nobuhiko: "He does not fear at the road's slippery surface! He just took that corner at speed!"

At the corner exit, his Supra has fallen back a bit...

..I got it!!! It's a turbo lag! NA engines don't have that problem! Normally, one takes off the throttle so as to control the car, especially when it comes to wet roads. Doing that in a turbo is like a sin! Once you do it, the boost drops! And it takes time to recover it! On a normally-aspirated motor, you may not have the kick from a turbo, but you get power at the step of the pedal! But a V8 has lots of torque in nature...

...so that makes us even!

supraduel27_zps0d285795.jpg

Dammit, he squeezed past the 130R. I'm not gonna give up even if it is the last leg! I'll fight till the end!

Got you again! By late braking!

supraduel28_zps9e21a37d.jpg

Both of us are controlling our cars' oversteer.

supraduel29_zps26d23ea4.jpg

But I shall show you the naturally-aspirated engine's absence of lag!

supraduel30_zps0adeb810.jpg

Nobuhiko: "He took advantage of this Supra's turbo lag. That's expected from my big bro! I love your witty and confident personality... You're like Takanori-san..."

Takanori: "They're here! Who is winning?"

Hiroyuki: "It's gonna be close..."

supraduel31_zps3f811ca7.jpg

Let's go, V8!!! Show them your true power!

supraduel32_zpsa4ad00f9.jpg

Kyoko: "Nobuyuki wins!"

Samui: "All right!"

Both of us slowed down until to a complete stop...

supraduel33_zps3ba3f8ba.jpg

I stepped out of the car and showed thumbs up as a sign of victory. At a blink of my eye, Nobuhiko suddenly appears in front of me! I can see him! Is this a dream?

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko!!!"

Takanori: "He just popped up? Scary..."

So everyone proceed to join both of us. Then Nobuhiko placed his hand on my shoulder. It's actually warm, unlike a cold touch that a usual soul has.

Nobuhiko: "Nii-san... I can never beat you whenever we play."

Nobuyuki: "Hey, you're great too! You are the reason why I joined Super GT. And... I miss you so much."

Nobuhiko: "Me too. Actually, I want to talk to you for one last time, before I go."

Nobuyuki: "What is it?"

Nobuhiko: "Where have you been for all this time?"

Nobuyuki: "I was kidnapped, remember? And you thought I was dead. Here I am, alive and well, talking to you right now."

Nobuhiko: "Do you have any idea what you've put me through?"

Nobuyuki: "Yes. I'm sorry..."

Nobuhiko: "It's okay. Finally, I saw you!"

He hugged me. And I did so too. But now I have started to cry...

Nobuyuki: "Do you really have to go???"

Nobuhiko: "I have to. Forgive me."

Nobuyuki: "It's okay. I will miss you so much! I will always think of you. And from now on, every race will be won for you..."

Nobuhiko: "Otousan... Okaasan? Can you join us?"

And so they did, they hugged Nobuhiko as well.

Kyoko: "Nobuhiko! Don't go!!!"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko, I'm so sorry. I'm being such a bad father. I never saw you grow up. Actually, both of you."

Nobuhiko: "It's okay, Otousan... Look at us, we became great. We are because we think both of you. And I think you're the best father I had. And I'm really happy... that you and Okaasan are together once again. That matters most of all, and I can finally move on because I'm seeing my family happy altogether. All I want for my entire life is a happy family, you know?"

And then his body starts to disperse into white butterflies.

Nobuhiko: "Everyone, please be happy... for me. I want a very happy Hiramoto family...

...Thank you, Samui-kun."

Samui: "Nobu-senpai!!!"

Kyoko: "Nobuhiko!!!"

We just watch bright white butterflies fly upwards the cloudy sky. Okaasan is crying hard. I could not fight back my tears either, despite being washed away by the rain.

Takanori: "You know what, Aniki? I'm happy for them."

Takuma: "A happy family. That's one thing that Nobuhiko desired in his entire life. He finally moved on, knowing that his family is together once again."

Samui: "Nobu-senpai is finally at peace."

Takanori: "And it's now up to Nobuyuki to keep his family together. A lot of catching up is needed."

The next day, the sun shines brightly. And I am looking up the sky, thinking of you, Little Nobu. I wonder what's there in heaven? I forgot to ask that... hehehehe.

Well, the next round of Super GT will be held next week. I have to prepare.

We go first at a cemetery. We enter at a mausoleum where Nobuhiko is laid. There is a brief silence for praying.

Nobuhiko... we will never forget you. Your greatness, your contribution in the racing world, and being a loving member of our family. Because of your desire of having a happy family, you reunited us.

You will always be my little cunning playmate. No matter how many years we were apart, our bond has not perished.

Hiroyuki: "Despite the fact he's gone, we can feel that he's still with us."

Kyoko: "As long as he's in our hearts, that would be more than enough."

Nobuyuki: "Little Nobu... I think I shall visit this place more often. It's my way of catching up."

And so, a week has gone by. I am now driving his Supra in his honor.

nxt1_zps4331f395.jpg

nxt2_zps3e812097.jpg

From now on, I will win races for you. I am continuing what you've started.

I love you, Little Nobu...

Hey, that was emotional! That was really a nice moment with you, guys! Hmmmm... I'll tell you the next part once Super GT has ended, hehehehe...

After all, no matter what your career is, and no matter what you achieved in life, family is still the most important thing in your life. You can never take that away. Your family is on your side, supporting you. And as long as your are happy with your family, every challenge can be conquered.

Unknown to Nobuyuki, a white butterfly perches on the Supra's rear wing as the race goes on...

The End​

Butterflies have no butterfingers it seems, especially if it can hold on at 100+ MPH.

Great end. Nobuhiko can rest knowing his family is happy and united now.

Butterflies have no butterfingers it seems, especially if it can hold on at 100+ MPH.

Great end. Nobuhiko can rest knowing his family is happy and united now.

The white butterfly could increase the Supra's drag especially when its wings spread out.

:lol:

Glimpse​

Page 1 - One Make

Hello there! My name is Ben Kanonji. And you think some kid is telling a story? Nope, I am now 25 years old. Yep, 20 years have passed! I am not a kart racer anymore. I am a pro racer, just like Daddy!

Oh, if you're wondering how is he doing, he now runs a restaurant; something he hesitated to own in the first place. But his cooking skills attracted even the international foodies.

Currently, I am watching a one make race in Circuit De La Sarthe in France. A GT By Citroen one make race participated by racers from across the globe.

gtc1_zpsa98040aa.jpg

To represent Japan, ours is a white one.

gtc2_zps772a0e89.jpg

Driven by my cousin, Takuharu Kanonji! I'm so jealous of him, to think he had reached that far in his career. His father really inspired him a lot.

And they're off! Takuharu is off to a rocket start! He is known as the Rocket Launcher, since he always has a perfect launch at the start.

gtc3_zps44d3e371.jpg

gtc4_zps35855ef0.jpg

He has the lead already? Wow... Even I can't do that...

gtc5_zps2f33ef06.jpg

gtc6_zps5c63fefd.jpg

The GT By Citroen is such an amazing car, isn't it? A road going version costs more than a house, yet it provides race car performance already. No wonder this has turned into a one make series.

gtc7_zps8f1812c5.jpg

It's the start of the 2nd lap, and he outran his opponents already? That is insanity!

gtc8_zpscadcbdc3.jpg

I wonder when can I be as good as him...

After the race, I gave a congratulatory noogie to Takuharu. Hehehehehe...

Takuharu: "Hey, quit it!"

Ben: "You deserve it, little shrimp! Haha!"

Takuharu: "So, where will you treat me, eh?"

Ben: "I don't know. Maybe at a French restaurant nearby?"

Takuharu: "You know how I hate small portions. Racers eat a complete meal! Haha!"

Ben: "Can you starve yourself for 14 hours until we get to Daddy's restaurant back home?"

Takuharu: "I don't think so."

Ben: "Look at you, you already achieved this far. I am just stuck at touring car racing, while you are eligible to race in FIA sanctioned races."

Takuharu: "But you know, we share the same dream. To race in the Red Bull X Series that happen only once a year."

That's true... we all want to race there. It's every man's dream.

Ben: "My stomach is growling... shall we eat?"

Takuharu: "Okay!"

Well, a week after, we return to Japan. After all, the second round will be held in Suzuka. For some reason, Suzuka Circuit is a special place for our parents. I don't know why... even the Hiramoto family feels the same way.

We first visit the Mochi shop, and it's doing better than ever! Takanori-ojisan is now running the shop, as Tomoko-obaasan is now just at her home, since she is in her late 60s.

Takuharu: "Otousan!"

Takanori: "I am so proud of you! So what brings you here?"

Takuharu: "The 2nd round will be held in Suzuka, and I plan to stay here in Japan for a while. How's the shop?"

Takanori: "It's great! And with your Uncle's help, new flavors are coming out!"

Takuharu: "Hmmmm.... where's my little sister?"

Takanori: "Oh well, Reina is out again. But don't worry, she'll be okay.

Oh that GT-R girl!!!"

Yeah, Reina is known for that. She is Japan's GT-R Girl... She is an out-going person who loves socializing.

End of Page 1

Man it's weird that the mochi shop with all those customers didn't turn to a franchise after a generation.

Well, the mochi shop is not really the one that puts food on the table. The family's racing members are the ones doing so. That shop is just their small way of earning money.

Franchising it or not, does not matter to them. :)

Next page to be posted later.

Latest Posts

Back