The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
What's up with this difficulty bug? Is it still present?
It works like Easy level is Hard and Hard is easy? Are all Human Comedy missions affected by it?

Also, I see you're using TCS, I guess at 1, I was trying not to use it since I feel like it makes me lose power and time; do you advise using it regardless?
Just spend my lunchbreak in throwing a few laps. The difference between TCS2 and TCS0 for me is somewhere around 0.5 to 0.7sec faster with TCS0 I guess
Jaguar (fastest lap without drag assisting frontrunner) / RX Vision (fastest lap pulled on the straight)
1677584633521.png
1677591017912.png

2 seconds faster over these 9 laps (- drag assisting) could have a lot of factors, one could be the RX is simply a bit better.
And if going by feeling the RX was the faster one, maybe because it is a bit easier to accelerate out of corner 1 and 2.
Fuelconsumption (both pits refueling to 10 laps remaining) and tyrewear on Maggiore doesnt differ too much.
What's up with this difficulty bug? Is it still present?
It works like Easy level is Hard and Hard is easy? Are all Human Comedy missions affected by it?
I think it is not present anymore, at least I couldnt tell a difference.
But also I think this is something that would have been mentioned in the patchnotes, so I am very likely in the wrong.

Last edited:
I did some testing today on Human Comedy Tsukuba. After 10 laps, the AI ran a fastest lap of 59.297 seconds on Hard difficulty. The AI ran a fastest lap of 57.491 on Easy Difficulty

I will check other tracks but this is a clear indication that the difficulty bug still exists
Edit: on Redbull, the difference is only 0.6 seconds per lap, but the AI is still slower on Hard

Last edited:
Quick question, since I haven't seen any lists of race car fuel and tyre efficiencies...

I have been told about the R8's bad aero, and the Corvettes decent amateur quality with good tyres and drivability...

But how good is the Skyline Super Silhouette? Could that be a good one to use in these events?

I dont know. Try driving it. If you can't hit consistent 1:58's at Maggiore or gain time on the AI at Red Bull it's likely not a good car.

I'll have to try these out.

Also, curious about a friend's score. Has anyone else managed 36 laps on Red Bull, or 30 on Maggiore?
I ran 37 laps at Red Bull and 30 laps at Maggiore. Both were in the RX Vision.

Quick question, since I haven't seen any lists of race car fuel and tyre efficiencies...

I have been told about the R8's bad aero, and the Corvettes decent amateur quality with good tyres and drivability...

But how good is the Skyline Super Silhouette? Could that be a good one to use in these events?
For BoP Gr3 there is a list (all credits to windfire1010 for his efforts)

5. 620pp - Deep Forest Raceway
For this race, the decision is between a more fuel efficient GR.4 car or a road car that can make up time on the straights.
I went with the Mclaren 650s GR.4 on RH tires for a 1-stop strategy. Looking at the results, it seems likely to be the easiest strategy for this race.
View attachment 1138098
View attachment 1138102

Tune:
I went with a slight ballast and detuned power to reach the 620pp limit. Otherwise the setup is default.
If i was to do the race again, i would reduce downforce, put on a bit more ballast and increase engine power, as this is a really fast track, and with the default setup i lost quite a bit of time on the straights.
View attachment 1138100
View attachment 1138101

Strategy:
For the GR.4 cars the strategy is simple: fuel map 1 and stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and fuel for the last 30 minutes. This strategy will be viable in any GR.4 cars as they all have good fuel efficiency.
Go for a car that has good straight line speed to make the race easier.

When racing, don’t worry about the Taycan blasting ahead up the road, he will stop at 15, 30, 45 and 58 minutes to recharge.

6. 1979 and earlier - Alsace
This was another really fun race. I went with the BMW 3.0 CSL with the wide body. The main goal here was to use a car that could 1-stop the race with fuel being the limiting factor, so i tried to find a car with a small’ish engine compared to some of the main rivals.
View attachment 1138211
View attachment 1138221

Tune:
View attachment 1138212
View attachment 1138214
I tuned based on the comfort soft tire, as it’s simply easier to drive a 450pp car on comfort soft than on the other two compounds. The main goal was to keep weight low to reduce fuel usage and keep car nice and smooth to drive.

Strategy:
Even the soft tire wont wear out in this race, unless you really slide around a lot. With this car it was possible to reach the halfway point before having to refuel running map 1 with a bit of short shifting at around 85-90% rpm.
Depending on the fuel usage of the car a lower map may be necessary, but it’s about staying patient as most of the fast AI‘s will do two stops.

For these older cars its always about smooth driving and inputs, they can slide a lot, and its faster to stay in traction.

7. GR.3 - Red Bull Ring
Coming up.

8. GR.3 - Lake Maggiore
Time for the final challenge, and there’s been a lot of talk on the difficulty of this race on the forums. Compared to most of the other races it’s definitely harder.
I went with the 911 RSR for my first attempt as it’s my favorite GR.3 car. I lapped 1:57’s through most of the race on a two stop RM->RM->RM strategy and won with 22 seconds to the M6 who also did a two stop on RM’s.
View attachment 1138222

Tune:
No tune for this race as its BoP.

Strategy:
Two possible strategies here that are quite close in terms of total race time.
1-stop RH -> RH, i think this is the easier strategy. For some cars it might require a bit of fuel saving to reach the 30 minute mark before stopping. In general this strategy is favored for cars with turbo engines as they generally use less fuel. The exception is the RX-VISION that has great fuel economy even being NA due to the rotor-engine.
Good car choices:
  • RX-Vision
  • Peugeot RCZ
  • Peugeot VGT GR.3
  • Mclaren 650s GT3

2-stop RM -> RM -> RM, i used this strategy in the 911 and used fuel-map 1 all race and pushed all race while trying to avoid excessive tyre wear.
The two-stop will work with most cars, but requires quite fast times throughout the race to be able to pull it off.
I will update the post once i have done another attempt at this race to figure out the best strategy.
I just made in my 3rd try, with RX vision, RM, map 1, 2 stops and fuel for 11 laps, all the race in front of Rubillar (M6)… thanks @EmilThaudal for the hint!

5. 620pp - Deep Forest Raceway
For this race, the decision is between a more fuel efficient GR.4 car or a road car that can make up time on the straights.
I went with the Mclaren 650s GR.4 on RH tires for a 1-stop strategy. Looking at the results, it seems likely to be the easiest strategy for this race.

Tune:
I went with a slight ballast and detuned power to reach the 620pp limit. Otherwise the setup is default.
If i was to do the race again, i would reduce downforce, put on a bit more ballast and increase engine power, as this is a really fast track, and with the default setup i lost quite a bit of time on the straights.
View attachment 1138100
View attachment 1138101

Strategy:
For the GR.4 cars the strategy is simple: fuel map 1 and stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and fuel for the last 30 minutes. This strategy will be viable in any GR.4 cars as they all have good fuel efficiency.
Go for a car that has good straight line speed to make the race easier.

When racing, don’t worry about the Taycan blasting ahead up the road, he will stop at 15, 30, 45 and 58 minutes to recharge.
The Deep Forest Raceway mission is impossible to win with some cars you suggested (Gr. 4), like the Huracan or the Silvia Touring car (that in fact is a Gr. 4 too). With the Silvia i managed to be in 1st place, using the strategy you did, but the Taycan stopped with 7 laps to go and still managed to pass me in the penultimate lap, i was doing a lot of dirty trajectories, i went off and finished 3rd (but i can only come 2nd with that car). Happened the same with the Huracan, this time even the Megane trophy didn't stopped until the end, and finished ahead of me and the Taycan won again. So any ideas on how to win this race ? I reach gold in the races before this one, but for now seems impossible to me to beat the Taycan and win (i don't have the McLaren Gr. 4 or credits to spend on another car). If you can help me please, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Deep Forest Raceway mission is impossible to win with some cars you suggested (Gr. 4), like the Huracan or the Silvia Touring car (that in fact is a Gr. 4 too). With the Silvia i managed to be in 1st place, using the strategy you did, but the Taycan stopped with 7 laps to go and still managed to pass me in the penultimate lap, i was doing a lot of dirty trajectories, i went off and finished 3rd (but i can only come 2nd with that car). Happened the same with the Huracan, this time even the Megane trophy didn't stopped until the end, and finished ahead of me and the Taycan won again. So any ideas on how to win this race ? I reach gold in the races before this one, but for now seems impossible to me to beat the Taycan and win (i don't have the McLaren Gr. 4 or credits to spend on another car). If you can help me please, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Stratos. The build is posted in here and I believe it is available right now in the UCD.

Stratos. The build is posted in here and I believe it is available right now in the UCD.
Thanks, i will try with the Stratos, if i have the car. Or maybe trying with Suzuki Swift Gr.4 or Impreza Gr. 4. The main problem in this race is the straight line speed, in the corners, everything is fine. The Silvia is a very good car, smooth in the corners (i didn't have any penalties) but lack some speed in the straights (i needed to tuned the car, reduce power and increase weight).

Last edited:
Thanks, i will try with the Stratos, if i have the car. Or maybe trying with Suzuki Swift Gr.4 or Impreza Gr. 4. The main problem in this race is the straight line speed, in the corners, everything is fine. The Silvia is a very good car, smooth in the corners (i didn't have any penalties) but lack some speed in the straights (i needed to tuned the car, reduce power and increase weight).

Stratos is still fine, though the Alfa really killed it by a long shot.

Last edited:

Stratos is still fine, though the Alfa really killed it by a long shot.
Sorry, i don't have the Stratos or money for that. The Alfa, you mean the 155 DTM ? I have these cars from Gr. 4 ans Gr. 3:

Attachments

• 187249087c676-screenshotUrl.jpg
    187249087c676-screenshotUrl.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 187249087c511-screenshotUrl.jpg
    187249087c511-screenshotUrl.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sorry, i don't have the Stratos or money for that. The Alfa, you mean the 155 DTM ? I have these cars from Gr. 4 ans Gr. 3:
Try the Toyota Levin or Trueno. Very fuel and tyre efficient. I made a single pit and had well over a minute lead by the end. It really surprised me!

Try the Toyota Levin or Trueno. Very fuel and tyre efficient. I made a single pit and had well over a minute lead by the end. It really surprised me!
If i have the car, i will try it and i will give feedback later. Thanks.

I have the 4C Gr. 4, the 155 DTM and the Giulia. I have a Peugeot RCZ road car version.
It is this one:
1679993966336.png

Taking the lead when the other guy pits (you dont need to pit even once, just do lap after lap):
1679994021997.png

And not having to worry about anything until the results:
1679994061499.png

It is this one:
View attachment 1243294
Taking the lead when the other guy pits (you dont need to pit even once, just do lap after lap):
View attachment 1243296
And not having to worry about anything until the results:
View attachment 1243297
But you tuned the Alfa or not ? I made another try with the Radical and came 2nd, again Taycan won, passing me with 3 laps to go. It's so frustrating, the AI is all wrong in this event, Taycan fly in the pits and in the straights :(

But you tuned the Alfa or not ? I made another try with the Radical and came 2nd, again Taycan won, passing me with 3 laps to go. It's so frustrating, the AI is all wrong in this event, Taycan fly in the pits and in the straights :(
Yes, it is on the link I previously posted:

Deep Forest 620
version 1.27 Alfa 4C
Wide body+tyres+rims, front areo and rear wing set to 40 and 250, 1kg of ballast at +0 position (with the game updates in the time, a few slight adjustments may be required).
fully customizable ECU, racing transmission, sport intercooler, racing brakes and pads, racing flywheel
weight reduction step 3, increased body rigidity, stroke up and polish ports
Fully customizable suspension:
1676295116095.png

Tyres of choice: racing hard

Shifting at around 5800 RPM (when the indicator has like 10% or so), no pitting required
Transmission set to 300 (default I think), and then adjusted:
1676295207334.png

Lap times consistently around 1.35, but potential of 1.34.5.

Last edited:
And you did any special tuning or not ?

Yes, it is on the link I previously posted:

Deep Forest 620
version 1.27 Alfa 4C
Wide body+tyres+rims, front areo and rear wing set to 40 and 250, 1kg of ballast at +0 position (with the game updates in the time, a few slight adjustments may be required).
fully customizable ECU, racing transmission, sport intercooler, racing brakes and pads, racing flywheel
weight reduction step 3, increased body rigidity, stroke up and polish ports
Fully customizable suspension:
1676295116095.png

Tyres of choice: racing hard

Shifting at around 5800 RPM (when the indicator has like 10% or so), no pitting required
Transmission set to 300 (default I think), and then adjusted:
1676295207334.png

Lap times consistently around 1.35, but potential of 1.34.5.
Thanks again for the setup. I will try :)

Maybe used Praianos and modified it to the worse but it felt very understeery. Couldn't even turn on the last corner. Had to use the handrake to get round. :D Standard tune couldn't be worse.

Than
Maybe used Praianos and modified it to the worse but it felt very understeery. Couldn't even turn on the last corner. Had to use the handrake to get round. :D Standard tune couldn't be worse.
Thanks again, i will try and i will feedback later.

Did this last week in the Silvia S15 Gr.4. Easy. Hard tires, pitted after about 40 minutes. More than a minute in front at the end.
I did the strategy you suggested, but in the end i was 3rd, it's impossible to catch the Taycan, really. Or this race is bugged, i don't know what i could do more. :ill::confused::(

Last edited:
I did the strategy you suggested, but in the end i was 3rd, it's impossible to catch the Taycan, really. Or this race is bugged, i don't know what i could do more. :ill::confused::(
The suggestion you probably don't want to hear - drive faster. Just have to practice until you can do quick consistent laps on a 1 stop strategy. The race isn't bugged. There's no magic bullet or special trick you can employ. I struggled the first few times but have beaten it twice now - once in a stock Gr3 Mazda Atenza and then more recently in an engine-swapped Ford Focus. Same strategy as everyone suggests, use hard tyres and stop once. Both times I overtook the Taycan after its final stop, was about 10 seconds ahead and it was gradually catching all the way to the finish.

The suggestion you probably don't want to hear - drive faster. Just have to practice until you can do quick consistent laps on a 1 stop strategy. The race isn't bugged. There's no magic bullet or special trick you can employ. I struggled the first few times but have beaten it twice now - once in a stock Gr3 Mazda Atenza and then more recently in an engine-swapped Ford Focus. Same strategy as everyone suggests, use hard tyres and stop once. Both times I overtook the Taycan after its final stop, was about 10 seconds ahead and it was gradually catching all the way to the finish.
Ok, i will try to drive faster, but probably i will be penalized. My average lap times are about 1:36 or 1:37.

Sorry for not being a Verstappen at the wheel, Sir :(

I'm curious. What's your average laptimes ?
My average lap times are about 1:36 or 1:37. I don't have steering wheel or VR, i play old fashion, with ps5 controller.

Last edited:
My average lap times are about 1:36 or 1:37. I don't have steering wheel or VR, i play old fashion, with ps5 controller.
I think being just 1 second faster per lap is way enough to even leave the Taycan in the dust. ;-)

Btw I'm on a DS4 and guess what ...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back