The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
On the Tsukuba race, do I have to tune the car or is it all about the pit stop timing? I've done 3 partial runs on it in a rm shod stock car, averaging mid 58's flat out and 1 minute flats using fm3 but I'm up against low 57's from the top 5 who are a pit stop gap ahead by the time I need to go in and then lapped during my second stop about 40 minutes in. Wet track times were around 1.03 for about 15 minutes by the way. Maybe a bit too careful?

On the Tsukuba race, do I have to tune the car or is it all about the pit stop timing? I've done 3 partial runs on it in a rm shod stock car, averaging mid 58's flat out and 1 minute flats using fm3 but I'm up against low 57's from the top 5 who are a pit stop gap ahead by the time I need to go in and then lapped during my second stop about 40 minutes in. Wet track times were around 1.03 for about 15 minutes by the way. Maybe a bit too careful?
When I did that event during patch 1.18:
I was driving on medium tyres with rear aero at maximum setting, otherwise stock settings.
Changing depending on the wheather to intermediates or wet condition tyres as necessary.

My lead back then wasnt too assuring, but I currently have no newer timed runs as it is simply a not very interesting race to do once in a while.

When I did that event during patch 1.18:
I was driving on medium tyres with rear aero at maximum setting, otherwise stock settings.
Changing depending on the wheather to intermediates or wet condition tyres as necessary.

My lead back then wasnt too assuring, but I currently have no newer timed runs as it is simply a not very interesting race to do once in a while.
I'm not a fan of Tsukuba either so it's killing me having to keep trying.

Looking at YouTube, I haven't seen lap times like the ai are doing in mine so it's really got me scratching my head finding a strategy that I compete with.

Thanks anyway, though.

I'm up against low 57's from the top 5
I just did this mission but the Top 5 were running 59's, I guess your difficulty is set to hard? (I'm on normal!)

The race itself was fun. I took the advice of the guide here and stayed out (on RH) during the first rain and then pitted for the second rain. I would have completed 56 laps had it not been for a couple of careless spins, but got the win fairly easily!

I just did this mission but the Top 5 were running 59's, I guess your difficulty is set to hard? (I'm on normal!)

The race itself was fun. I took the advice of the guide here and stayed out (on RH) during the first rain and then pitted for the second rain. I would have completed 56 laps had it not been for a couple of careless spins, but got the win fairly easily!
After the first failed attempt and the thought of doing it again, I tried dropping the difficulty but they're still running low 57's. I haven't tried stopping out when the first lot of rain arrives, though. That's worth a shot. If all else fails, I'll finish the race to see where the ai are gaining so much time.

It's been a while since I did that one but I think you make up time later in the race - the AI tends to do at least one extra unneccesary stop. Pretty sure you can stay out for the first batch of rain.

Your lap times are good enough to win. Is your difficulty level set to hard? If not, please make it hard. 'Hard' is the easiest difficulty level in the human comedy missions. Just keep driving consistently and the AI will eventually pit more frequently than you, leading you to victory.

Last edited:
Alsace.. Difficult hard.. Patch 1.27 .. any suggestions?
I used the Stratos tune posted earlier. The pp has increased to 465, so I upped the power but found that I needed to run Fuel Map 3 to get it with 1 stop halfway for fuel. I won by a few seconds but my driving was sloppy - could have won by a minute.
The VW camper is going to keep a similar pace but it stops 3 times for fuel.

After the first failed attempt and the thought of doing it again, I tried dropping the difficulty but they're still running low 57's. I haven't tried stopping out when the first lot of rain arrives, though. That's worth a shot. If all else fails, I'll finish the race to see where the ai are gaining so much time.
I ran the race not too long ago. Don't think I saved the replay, but I definitely still have the tune. It'll be a moment before I can share it, or maybe I can find it again on Reddit.

I'm gonna take a stab at the 1st challenge in the "Human Comedy" series. I will record my video on Youtube and let you see how I did. What car should I use and in the fuel map, should I have it set on 4 or 5?

I'm gonna take a stab at the 1st challenge in the "Human Comedy" series. I will record my video on Youtube and let you see how I did. What car should I use and in the fuel map, should I have it set on 4 or 5?
There is quite a selection in this thread available, and though they are (mostly) from previous game version, you can use the setup and either increase power or reduce weight in many cases.

For starters you dont have much options as Event 1 and 2 are dictating you to use a specific car (but allows for a bit of tuning).
What changes you make also depend on how you are driving, this will also be the answer to race 7 and 8.
Just for the races with free selection of cars and basically free tuning up to a certain PP there are wildly different setups available.

If you want to try with a bit of advice, just have a look at this thread: whenever you see a picture, you very likely see some tuning info there ;)

I used the Stratos tune posted earlier. The pp has increased to 465, so I upped the power but found that I needed to run Fuel Map 3 to get it with 1 stop halfway for fuel. I won by a few seconds but my driving was sloppy - could have won by a minute.
The VW camper is going to keep a similar pace but it stops 3 times for fuel.
Yes I did the same. It works.

The last Race is impossible.. Strat with one pit on hard or with med and 2 stops..

impossible.. :-D

I ran the race not too long ago. Don't think I saved the replay, but I definitely still have the tune. It'll be a moment before I can share it, or maybe I can find it again on Reddit.
The car and tyre wear isn't a problem at the end of a stint so I doubt I'll go the tuning route. Thank you for the offer, though. It's appreciated.

I'm going to try again tomorrow morning and ignore the first lot of rain to see how it goes. It might give me some better options.

It's just weird how the ai's lap times are so quick compared to what I've seen on youtube. I guess they've been tweaked a bit since then...

Yes I did the same. It works.

The last Race is impossible.. Strat with one pit on hard or with med and 2 stops..

impossible.. :-D
Did it right now with the Viper on medium tyres with heavy shortshifting at about 10% indicator bar.
The Viper destroyes the medium tyres like its all-you-eat, and though I did lots of smaller and bigger mistakes, I won by barely 1 sec (would have, if not for running out of fuel on the final straight ;)) seconds. I actually threw it on a 7 second crash that made me think its a loss, but somehow the speed was enough to finish 1st.
I dont have my older times to compare with, nor have I played GT much recently, but it felt actually very good.

Last edited:
With a Viper?
I tried, Supra GT Concept, RSR, Mazda GT Vision, Ferrari GT3.. but it was always the same result.. The First with his Supra destroyed everthing.. No Chance..
My Laps are 1:58:x.x

Interesting that a Viper works

With a Viper?
I tried, Supra GT Concept, RSR, Mazda GT Vision, Ferrari GT3.. but it was always the same result.. The First with his Supra destroyed everthing.. No Chance..
My Laps are 1:58:x.x

Interesting that a Viper works

point of biggest fail, though the whole race was bad.
Not attempting for a human clean race, some of the punts were intentional, others were simply "didnt care" moments.
You are totally allowed to do dirty driving against AI, it doesnt care and does the same. Though if you want to stay clean its also possible (of course), and may or may not be a bit more difficult.

I did Lake Maggiore with quite a lot of cars in the past. The ones I didnt finish with are of that kind that I simply cant keep on the track.
To me , the most important corner would be the tripple chicane, if you can floor the gas on the 3rd exit, the car is mostly okay for me, 2nd most important corner is the long stretched right with a changing radius (the one before the tripple chicane). The car needs to be stable on the brakes there. If at any of these 2 points I cant do as just described, I simply skip it and try the next.
From memory I think the "falcon AMG" (the same car Beauvois is driving in this event) was my fastest attempt.

It's just weird how the ai's lap times are so quick compared to what I've seen on youtube. I guess they've been tweaked a bit since then...
Just tried this, fastes AI lap was in the low 59sec.
Running medium tyres, running fuel for 15 laps, changing to inters on the first rain, changing to wets on the 2nd rain, in between going back to medium again and finishing on medium. Almost lapped 2nd place AI because they were running on wets when the track has dried after 2nd rain and decided to switch in the last 2 minutes on the clock.

Last edited:
Hizal ran a 1:55.946 in my race. I won the race by 2.301 seconds running lots of 1:58's and 1:59's. I got lucky in the end when lapped traffic blocked the leaders and I was able to catch up to them. If that didn't happen I would have been 20 seconds behind the leaders.

Edit: For clarification, this is for race 8 at Maggiore.

Last edited:
The car and tyre wear isn't a problem at the end of a stint so I doubt I'll go the tuning route. Thank you for the offer, though. It's appreciated.

I'm going to try again tomorrow morning and ignore the first lot of rain to see how it goes. It might give me some better options.

I went and had a look at what I said about the first event on Reddit. Fuel Map 6 the whole event, Racing Hards to start with, and at first pit. Full fuel when pitting, as you'll be empty. Second pit window is when empty again (unable to do another whole lap with the fuel left). Get Intermediates with the second pit, and full fuel again.

I had to get a lap or two extra fuel at the end, but won it in 55 laps, with a 22 second lead.

My last 15 or so minutes was a tight battle between AI Fraga. They'll hop onto Wets. Only reason I won by 22 secs and not 2 secs is the fact that he went for pit on two consecutive laps.

Finally, Deep Forest done with the Stratos. 1:00:36.097. 8.8 seconds ahead of the Taycan. Best lap was a 1:35.330. That's a fun build, time to do Alsace next, when able.

I went and had a look at what I said about the first event on Reddit. Fuel Map 6 the whole event, Racing Hards to start with, and at first pit. Full fuel when pitting, as you'll be empty. Second pit window is when empty again (unable to do another whole lap with the fuel left). Get Intermediates with the second pit, and full fuel again.

I had to get a lap or two extra fuel at the end, but won it in 55 laps, with a 22 second lead.

My last 15 or so minutes was a tight battle between AI Fraga. They'll hop onto Wets. Only reason I won by 22 secs and not 2 secs is the fact that he went for pit on two consecutive laps.
Just had 4 runs at it. My best result was a 2nd over 56 laps and a full lap behind. 1st lapped the whole grid in that race but on my last run, a 3rd, they lapped everyone at least twice.

Looking at their flat 57's, they're using RS tyres and 10-12mph quicker going into the last turn.

Anyway, I've seen enough Tsukuba to last me a lifetime so I'm giving up on trying for 1st.

Thank you for the Stratos builds, it was great for Deep Forest and Alsace. All I have left is Lake Maggiore and Red Bull Ring. Are there any good and up-to-date strategies for those last two events?

Just had 4 runs at it. My best result was a 2nd over 56 laps and a full lap behind. 1st lapped the whole grid in that race but on my last run, a 3rd, they lapped everyone at least twice.

Looking at their flat 57's, they're using RS tyres and 10-12mph quicker going into the last turn.

Anyway, I've seen enough Tsukuba to last me a lifetime so I'm giving up on trying for 1st.
They're doing 57s? I'm looking at the screenshot of my end result there. I completed the race in an hour and 6 seconds. But the fastest lap was Fraga with a 59.198 on lap 2. Only thing I can think of is maybe you've got the game on a lower difficulty setting?

Amusingly I have heard that some of these longer events are harder/impossible to win if your game's difficulty is lower. Because I won with lapping everyone except the top 5.

Although you gave it up:
Updated tune for Tsukuba, posting tomorrow. Tried twice, just shy of 57 laps because of driving mistakes by sleepiness.
Thank you for the Stratos builds, it was great for Deep Forest and Alsace. All I have left is Lake Maggiore and Red Bull Ring. Are there any good and up-to-date strategies for those last two events?
Pretty much test and try for the car that suits you the most there. They are BoP races, tyre wear and fuel consumption hasnt changed in such a way as to change strategies in these events.
I like the Jaguar by driving-feeling the most, but I think the "falcon" AMG (the one with blue livery) was my best result.
Personally I prefer medium tyres and pitting more often.

They're doing 57s? I'm looking at the screenshot of my end result there. I completed the race in an hour and 6 seconds. But the fastest lap was Fraga with a 59.198 on lap 2. Only thing I can think of is maybe you've got the game on a lower difficulty setting?

Amusingly I have heard that some of these longer events are harder/impossible to win if your game's difficulty is lower. Because I won with lapping everyone except the top 5.
57.1 mostly but Kokubun had a 57.0 in one run. Other than a couple of missed apexes, my runs have been drama free so I've run out of ideas for a strategy. Especially when I go a lap down.

Although you gave it up:
Updated tune for Tsukuba, posting tomorrow. Tried twice, just shy of 57 laps because of driving mistakes by sleepiness.
Can you remember what the fastest lap was?

On the tune, if it can get me into the 57's, I'd like to give it a go if I can? My 58.5 average just isn't quick enough.

57.1 mostly but Kokubun had a 57.0 in one run. Other than a couple of missed apexes, my runs have been drama free so I've run out of ideas for a strategy. Especially when I go a lap down.

On the tune, if it can get me into the 57's, I'd like to give it a go if I can? My 58.5 average just isn't quick enough.
Okay, that's perplexing. Unless you're game difficulty is on normal or easy, I have no clue why they're lapping Tsukuba so fast. Especially since it's only dry for the first half. One your second tyres, you should catch a bit of rain before having to change, but that's no real struggle even on Hards.

My fastest laps I think were around 1:01 or 1:00. And any AI not on Hards should need more pit stops, or be sliding when the tyres die.

The fastest in both attempts yesterday was a low 58, though it doesnt really matter as long as the AI doesnt exceed 56 laps with their pitting "strategies" - at 57 laps I can see it becoming difficult.
At the beginning of the first attempt, one of the AI seemed like running away without being exceptionally fast, though at some point halfway through the course of the race I caught up by using a bit less fuel on almost the same speed.

View attachment 1232647
Tune updated https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-human-comedy-guide-for-all-races.407711/post-13790438

Last edited:
Okay, that's perplexing. Unless you're game difficulty is on normal or easy, I have no clue why they're lapping Tsukuba so fast. Especially since it's only dry for the first half. One your second tyres, you should catch a bit of rain before having to change, but that's no real struggle even on Hards.

My fastest laps I think were around 1:01 or 1:00. And any AI not on Hards should need more pit stops, or be sliding when the tyres die.
The weather hasn't always followed the same pattern in my races. At first, it was two spells of rain, light then just shy of full wets but my last few runs have skipped the first bit and doubled up on the second, which is too much for inters. It's certainly keeping me guessing.

The fastest in both attempts yesterday was a low 58, though it doesnt really matter as long as the AI doesnt exceed 56 laps with their pitting "strategies" - at 57 laps I can see it becoming difficult.
At the beginning of the first attempt, one of the AI seemed like running away without being exceptionally fast, though at some point halfway through the course of the race I caught up by using a bit less fuel on almost the same speed.

View attachment 1232647
Tune updated https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-human-comedy-guide-for-all-races.407711/post-13790438
My last run was 56 laps where 1st lapped everyone twice. Horrible lines but their car seems to be running a lot more power, going at least 10mph quicker (120mph+) into the last turn, plus they're running soft tyres.

Anyway, I'm baffled. The strategies in this thread are just the same as I've seen on YouTube and they usually work but with the ai's pace in mine, it means they don't work.

Probably a bit drastic but I might try reinstalling the game to see if it changes things.

Horrible lines but their car seems to be running a lot more power, going at least 10mph quicker (120mph+) into the last turn, plus they're running soft tyres.
More power would mean burning more fuel.
I do prefer less power and less weight, makes things easier in the rain for an overall same speed.
I did a few runs on racing hards with more power, but it just empties the tank with increasing rate vs the speed gain.
Didnt try how much power can be gained when adding weight, but at least for me I doubt this is beneficial.

It all comes down on the total laps when the flag is ending the race.
57 laps on my clock, and I guess I could improve with skipping the intermediate and just doing 2-3 careful laps instead.
The weather isnt accuratly identical every time on my last 4 attempts now, but it always goes like
dry-interwet-dry-fullwet-dry
Simply switch to fullwet tyres on the 2nd, no guessing, no trying hard, just do it.

For reference: I just tried with racing hards (the free PP is invested into reducing rear aero, handling was still all fine, but increases speed while staying on good fuel economy this way) and skipped changing tyres on the first pit and not using intermediates for the first rain.
I again ran a total of 57 laps at the end.
I also tried adding weight for adding power and as expected, this is a stupid idea on this event ;)

Last edited:
I managed to hit 58 Laps at Tsukuba about 3 laps ahead of the AI
The difficulty was set to hard as I believe the AI on easy and medium go faster for some reason, go figure.
I took racing mediums to help in the corners and made 3 pit stops.
First Stint was 13 laps with medium tires on fuel map 1
Second stint was 14 laps with medium tires on fuel map 1
Third Stint I used intermediates till the end of the 46th lap using fuel map 3 until the heavy rain then dropped it to fuel map 6 for extra traction and fuel economy.
The Final Stint I swapped back to mediums and fuel map 1
The lap times in the dry were usually mid 58's but managed to hit a couple of high 57 second laps.

Hope this helps somebody

Back