The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
I can't remeber exactly how I won Tsukaba, but I pitted less than the AI, and the leader overtook me due to faster raw pace with a few laps to go. I dropped to about 4 seconds behind and then on the last lap the leader simply followed a lapped car at a snails pace, and I overtook on the final lap to win. It was like being gifted a win. Strange race. I wish I had saved the replay.

Whelp, new update time, let's see if it hurts any strats for these events, haha.

Also, for the last two endurance events, both Group 3 ones... I only have two Group 3 rides. The C7 Corvette and the R8. Are either of these particularly good or bad? And should I try to outendure the AI, or try to outrace them?

I used the Corvette for the G3 races. I don't think it is the meta car or anything, but a win is certainly possible.

Whelp, new update time, let's see if it hurts any strats for these events, haha.

Also, for the last two endurance events, both Group 3 ones... I only have two Group 3 rides. The C7 Corvette and the R8. Are either of these particularly good or bad? And should I try to outendure the AI, or try to outrace them?
R8 even the AI is struggeling with this cars traction out of corners.
I do the same, it doesnt suit me, also the gearing ratios are awkward in my opinion.
Maybe it is a good car, if you are driving smoother than I do and have no issues with a pretty long 1st gear and shorter higher ones.

C7 is a solid pick. Can eat tyres, but good speed and good on fuel. Maybe better to use hard tyres than mediums, but a car that I like.

R8 even the AI is struggeling with this cars traction out of corners.
I do the same, it doesnt suit me, also the gearing ratios are awkward in my opinion.
Maybe it is a good car, if you are driving smoother than I do and have no issues with a pretty long 1st gear and shorter higher ones.

C7 is a solid pick. Can eat tyres, but good speed and good on fuel. Maybe better to use hard tyres than mediums, but a car that I like.
Have you tried changing the rear wing on the R8? There is an option in GT Auto, lets you add a lot more rear downforce

Ah, forgot about the BoP on the last two missions, you're right
Otherwise, yes, I would have thought of it.

Just gave the C7 a spin on Maggiore, the tyres get pretty worn on the 1stop strategy there, car needs to be used more carefully but absolutely good enough to make it to the gold medal.
Though I think I had my best 1st lap yet with this attempt, especially considering I was using hard tyres instead of medium.

So, now again C7 on medium tyres, my first car to finish with 31 laps on Maggiore.
I cant tell whether this is practice, a change of physics with the current update, or actually because I am particularly good on the car/the car is good.
Anyway, still eating away at the tyres, but was in the lead by 30seconds before the 31st lap was achieved - for which the AI is not fast enough to keep up with.

Next edit: just because I cant let things untested, I jumped back to my favourite Gr.3 car which is the Jaguar.
Directly comparing with the C7, it simply is better in all terms, except maybe when the Corvette may find a few corners where its slighty shorter gear ratios in the lower gears will be of an advantage.
Also the Jag has a gamebreaking bug in rolling starts, where the transition between 1st and 2nd gear sometimes fails to engange and the car simply tries to rev above 1st gear, resulting in a heavy loss of acceleration. Restarting the event helps, otherwise restart again....
Does this even happen in online races? Would be strange if there was a single occurance considering the manufacturer series.

Last edited:
C7 on Maggiore, sounds like a plan to me. Any specific fuel map?

Also, I'll have to get used to Red Bull, not sure what tyres or fuel map is best there. Although I believe rain comes later in that race?

C7 on Maggiore, sounds like a plan to me. Any specific fuel map?

Also, I'll have to get used to Red Bull, not sure what tyres or fuel map is best there. Although I believe rain comes later in that race?
Fuel map unchanged, but shortshifting at around 50% indicator except for 5th to 6th where I change at 20%.

For Red Bull from what I think I did was running racing softs for 2 stints of 10 laps each, on the 2nd pit switch to wet tyres. As soon as the racing line is dry (down to the 1/3rd moisture indicator) switch back to soft and finish the event.
Dont touch the curbs after it began to rain, this will kill you!
Maybe the Corvette needs a bit different touch in the rain, either use a gear up higher to exit corners or change fuelmap +1 for a bit less power, in case the accelerator is too sensitive.

Same as for Tsukuba, I didnt start this event any more often than necessary, so my experience is from versions way back and things can be different. Would need to try again.

Edit: Did Red Bull Ring to confirm it still is the same as in the past versions. Use softs for 10 laps, pit for tyres and 10 laps of fuel repeat, watch for the start of the rain and dont hesitate to instantly switch to wet tyres. I went for fuel map 6 during the wet track phase, on drying up switched to soft tyres and could propably simple do without refueling but decided to go wasteful instead, fuel to 100% and not holding back. The AI on that track isnt good with the changing weather, so as long as you dont mess up the 20 dry laps, you should be on 1st position during the wet laps and then steadily increase the lead.

Last edited:
Fuel map unchanged, but shortshifting at around 50% indicator except for 5th to 6th where I change at 20%.

For Red Bull from what I think I did was running racing softs for 2 stints of 10 laps each, on the 2nd pit switch to wet tyres. As soon as the racing line is dry (down to the 1/3rd moisture indicator) switch back to soft and finish the event.
Maybe the Corvette needs a bit different touch in the rain, either use a gear up higher to exit corners or change fuelmap +1 for a bit less power, in case the accelerator is too sensitive.

Same as for Tsukuba, I didnt start this event any more often than necessary, so my experience is from versions way back and things can be different. Would need to try again.

Edit: Did Red Bull Ring to confirm it still is the same as in the past versions. Use softs for 10 laps, pit for tyres and 10 laps of fuel repeat, watch for the start of the rain and dont hesitate to instantly switch to wet tyres. I went for fuel map 6 during the wet track phase, on drying up switched to soft tyres and could propably simple do without refueling but decided to go wasteful instead, fuel to 100% and not holding back. The AI on that track isnt good with the changing weather, so as long as you dont mess up the 20 dry laps, you should be on 1st position during the wet laps and then steadily increase the lead.
I'll have to try these out.

Also, curious about a friend's score. Has anyone else managed 36 laps on Red Bull, or 30 on Maggiore?

I'll have to try these out.

Also, curious about a friend's score. Has anyone else managed 36 laps on Red Bull, or 30 on Maggiore?
That lapcount is the one "required" to win, 1 additional lap is possible on both events.
Maggiore with 30 laps means 2 minutes on average without pits, 1 pit is like around 30 seconds, and I am doing 2 of them, so 59 minutes to beat 30 laps means 1m58s, minus your first lap split over the next 29 laps.
(Also, you dont need to carry enough fuel for the additional "victory" lap. After the time has run out, you can finish your lap at a steady speed of 80km/h after running out of fuel).
1677151031299.png

Crossing the line with 10 seconds left means I did 31 laps in total.
1677150836052.png

The following AI is about 20 seconds away of the line but only has 10 seconds left, so cant reach 31 laps.

Beating into 32 laps woud be 73seconds per lap. Top10 has recored 34 (well, finding bugs or exploits is some kind of achievement, but it is polluting the leaderboards to compare us with).

Last edited:
I did the Maggiore race with C7, two stops with medium tires, 31 laps. If you can constantly lap in 1:56-57s, you're fine.

What is the recommended strat for Red Bull Ring race? I have C7, R8, and SLS AMG.

I did the Maggiore race with C7, two stops with medium tires, 31 laps. If you can constantly lap in 1:56-57s, you're fine.

What is the recommended strat for Red Bull Ring race? I have C7, R8, and SLS AMG.
Stay with the C7 and have a look a few comments above.

Whelp, that didn't go well at Red Bull...

Fuel Map 3 with the C7 to make it 10 laps with softs. By first pit I was third, by second pit I was second, and almost 40 seconds behind Beauvois and his AMG. I never got within like 20s of first place...

The 1965 Honda formula 1 car weighs in at 1,000 pounds. It's not crazy powerful, either. That means even with PP at 465 you can set the transmission however you want and still not need a pit stop. This thing makes the 787B look like a gas guzzler, never mind the Raptor.
It's also very light on its tires. There was no wear even after me sliding all over Alsace with it for a solid hour. The first half of the race was a bit tense with me clinging to fourth place, as soon as 29 minutes had passed, AI started flying into the pits and it was all over.
I'm honestly thinking it might be a serious contender at Tokyo for that grind

Whelp, that didn't go well at Red Bull...
By one of your earlier comments and combining using a differen fuel map I guess you are playing automatic transmission?
This one was with manual:
1677319104872.png

But then I tried and noticed how much of a challenge it is to play with automatic instead.
Video of the event, maybe it helps you identify a few different approaches.

I didnt expect it to be this kind of difference, because of how much more fuel the car its:
1677329391112.png

1677329437628.png

Anyway, I also tried the "meta car" Nissan GTR and it is a bit easier: both using less fuel while having a similar speed and being much easier on the tyres which means you dont need to be careful on the lap into the pits.

Today I learned: automatic transmission equals hard mode.

Last edited:
Okay, I can probably win this event after a lot of reruns. I do lose a bit of time at the second right hand turn... But I absolutely hate the first left hand turn. The breaking and cornering for it just feels all sorts of wrong, maybe because the corner is longer than I expect.

Okay, I can probably win this event after a lot of reruns. I do lose a bit of time at the second right hand turn... But I absolutely hate the first left hand turn. The breaking and cornering for it just feels all sorts of wrong, maybe because the corner is longer than I expect.
Maybe it works better for you to brake at the 100 marker until 50, then release both brakes and gas and simply rolling through the corner, try to keep a steady speeduntil you can see the big red containerbox then start accelerating.
1677484882865.png

It is all about finding spots on the track that are easy to recognize as a way to know when to brake or accelerate.
The entry will be slower (so doe the total laptime), but as long as you can gain a small advantage compared to your current time it may well be worth it.

That lapcount is the one "required" to win, 1 additional lap is possible on both events.
Maggiore with 30 laps means 2 minutes on average without pits, 1 pit is like around 30 seconds, and I am doing 2 of them, so 59 minutes to beat 30 laps means 1m58s, minus your first lap split over the next 29 laps.
(Also, you dont need to carry enough fuel for the additional "victory" lap. After the time has run out, you can finish your lap at a steady speed of 80km/h after running out of fuel).
View attachment 1233777
Crossing the line with 10 seconds left means I did 31 laps in total.
View attachment 1233776
The following AI is about 20 seconds away of the line but only has 10 seconds left, so cant reach 31 laps.

Beating into 32 laps woud be 73seconds per lap. Top10 has recored 34 (well, finding bugs or exploits is some kind of achievement, but it is polluting the leaderboards to compare us with).
Does the AI slow down after a while? I was doing 58s (really a struggle, I'm a bad driver especially at Maggiore and can't do any better) but Yamanaka guy just kept pulling away, and he's apparently on the same RM/two stopper strategy that I was using. This and Tsukuba are the only two I'm missing but it's really getting frustrating...

Does the AI slow down after a while? I was doing 58s (really a struggle, I'm a bad driver especially at Maggiore and can't do any better) but Yamanaka guy just kept pulling away, and he's apparently on the same RM/two stopper strategy that I was using. This and Tsukuba are the only two I'm missing but it's really getting frustrating...
Tsukuba: you can "outpit" the AI with the changing weather, for reference https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-human-comedy-guide-for-all-races.407711/post-13952454

Lake Maggiore: brute force race, there is no helping but to have a speed that simply is a tidbit better than the AI. The cars have quite a few difference in terms of tyre wear and fuel consumption, so some are "easier" while other cars will need you to be more delicate.
I wouldnt try with quite a few of them as they are unstable in my hands (compared with the other cars) and I dont consider it worthy trying to be better with the bad lot (Audi, Alfa, Ferrari, Lamborghini, they like to spin alot, you see the AI does so too regularly).

Tsukuba: you can "outpit" the AI with the changing weather, for reference https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-human-comedy-guide-for-all-races.407711/post-13952454

Lake Maggiore: brute force race, there is no helping but to have a speed that simply is a tidbit better than the AI. The cars have quite a few difference in terms of tyre wear and fuel consumption, so some are "easier" while other cars will need you to be more delicate.
I wouldnt try with quite a few of them as they are unstable in my hands (compared with the other cars) and I dont consider it worthy trying to be better with the bad lot (Audi, Alfa, Ferrari, Lamborghini, they like to spin alot, you see the AI does so too regularly).
Tsukuba I just managed to win tonight, Kokubun literally gave me the win two laps before the end with two pit stops twice in a row for apparently no reason. I'll take it anyways.

As for Maggiore it's just frustrating, I'm not fast enough both with the DualSense and with the G29, with the latter helping me in keeping focus for longer (I have huge problems on staying focused on long and repetitive tasks such as one hour around Maggiore). I can lap between 1:58/1:59 at best which is not enough both to catch the rabbit and to stay away from those crazy divebombers, I tried with the RX Vision GT3. Don't even have those bad four and won't try with the Audi R8 Evo either, but it's driving me insane. And it drives me even more insane that it's the last mission I need to complete to win that sweet DB5.

Tsukuba I just managed to win tonight, Kokubun literally gave me the win two laps before the end with two pit stops twice in a row for apparently no reason. I'll take it anyways.

As for Maggiore it's just frustrating, I'm not fast enough both with the DualSense and with the G29, with the latter helping me in keeping focus for longer (I have huge problems on staying focused on long and repetitive tasks such as one hour around Maggiore). I can lap between 1:58/1:59 at best which is not enough both to catch the rabbit and to stay away from those crazy divebombers, I tried with the RX Vision GT3. Don't even have those bad four and won't try with the Audi R8 Evo either, but it's driving me insane. And it drives me even more insane that it's the last mission I need to complete to win that sweet DB5.
Where do you feel you are losing most time compared to the AI?
To me it was the last few corners until my head just went "okay, why not simply brake less" and that made a huge difference.
I know the frustration of seeing the other cars leaving you back like its 2 different groups, but once you get the knack of it, you almost reverse the results.

Where do you feel you are losing most time compared to the AI?
To me it was the last few corners until my head just went "okay, why not simply brake less" and that made a huge difference.
I know the frustration of seeing the other cars leaving you back like its 2 different groups, but once you get the knack of it, you almost reverse the results.
Precisely the same section, the last sequence of corners (last 3-4 in a row, especially the very last). Other than that, if I have an AI close behind on the very first corner they 100% divebomb me and send me to the shadow realm, while they keep on driving on their railroad tracks.

Precisely the same section, the last sequence of corners (last 3-4 in a row, especially the very last). Other than that, if I have an AI close behind on the very first corner they 100% divebomb me and send me to the shadow realm, while they keep on driving on their railroad tracks.
1.st corner: if there is any AI behind you, as you already said, they absolutely will do and mess up. The only solution to this is taking a defensive line in the center of the straight so the AI will decide to take the normal line of outside-inside-outside.
You likely will get a small bump in the midcorner, but you shouldnt lose neither traction nor a position this way.

Last corner sequence of right-right left-left
1st right: full brake shortly before the 50 sign, release brake and turn in hard, only carry your speed, acceleration will carry you wide
into 2nd right: gently brake at the end of the broad curbs on the left of the track, you can cut the inside and you need to accelerate
into the 1st left: if you nail it, your inside tyres are "on rails" between the sausage curb and the regular curb, take a wide swing so your steering input is straight when you reach the rightside curbstone into the
2nd left: (which is the most difficult part). I dont really have any point of recognition for where to brake, I think I do after passing 2/3 of the length of the curbs. You absolutely can cut the inside.

Approximatly like this (with a bit less speed on the first corner so the second has a better entry)

1.st corner: if there is any AI behind you, as you already said, they absolutely will do and mess up. The only solution to this is taking a defensive line in the center of the straight so the AI will decide to take the normal line of outside-inside-outside.
You likely will get a small bump in the midcorner, but you shouldnt lose neither traction nor a position this way.

Last corner sequence of right-right left-left
1st right: full brake shortly before the 50 sign, release brake and turn in hard, only carry your speed, acceleration will carry you wide
into 2nd right: gently brake at the end of the broad curbs on the left of the track, you can cut the inside and you need to accelerate
into the 1st left: if you nail it, your inside tyres are "on rails" between the sausage curb and the regular curb, take a wide swing so your steering input is straight when you reach the rightside curbstone into the
2nd left: (which is the most difficult part). I dont really have any point of recognition for where to brake, I think I do after passing 2/3 of the length of the curbs. You absolutely can cut the inside.

Approximatly like this (with a bit less speed on the first corner so the second has a better entry)

Thanks, will definitely give this a try, especially the AI baiting on turn 1 and the way you tackled that final corner (which always baits me, I can't seem to be able to judge that corner properly).

Which car are you using, btw? The engine noise makes me thing C7 Gr.3, do you suggest said car or should I stick with the RX Vision? Also, I see you're using TCS, I guess at 1, I was trying not to use it since I feel like it makes me lose power and time; do you advise using it regardless?

Thanks, will definitely give this a try, especially the AI baiting on turn 1 and the way you tackled that final corner (which always baits me, I can't seem to be able to judge that corner properly).

Which car are you using, btw? The engine noise makes me thing C7 Gr.3, do you suggest said car or should I stick with the RX Vision? Also, I see you're using TCS, I guess at 1, I was trying not to use it since I feel like it makes me lose power and time; do you advise using it regardless?
My Gr.3 favourite is the Jaguar (it can have a bug right at the roling start where it should gear into 2nd but stays in 1st - restart until it works).
Video is TCS2, I was playing this way basically all of the time since GT7 started.
When I felt I am lacking power I usually reckognize there is a better line available, or I am accelerating too soon pushing the car wide.

I just currently (yesterday) tried to drive without TCS at all though I have not yet directly compared the times for a full run, though it definitly is faster.
Recommendation: totally up to you. If you have the focus to not mess up, go as low as you feel comfortable or your "car supports" it.

Back