The Human Comedy Tune And Strategy Collection

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 202 comments
I'm struggling trying to find a usable tune for the Autopolis race. I don't have an engine swap, nor currently a cappuccino. I've tried the beat, Copenhagen and s660 but always just a bit too slow, lapping 2:26 at best and never catch up with the AI.

Am i stuck until I can get hold of a cappuccino or has anyone got a tune that will work on the current version?

I'm struggling trying to find a usable tune for the Autopolis race. I don't have an engine swap, nor currently a cappuccino. I've tried the beat, Copenhagen and s660 but always just a bit too slow, lapping 2:26 at best and never catch up with the AI.

Am i stuck until I can get hold of a cappuccino or has anyone got a tune that will work on the current version?
I am wondering about why there are 2 threads to this, and my entry is around game version 1.19 or so.

I choose Daihatsu Copen and made it light. Wide body and tyres, no aero parts installed.
Short shifting at 50% powerband indicator, pitting after 20 minutes to change to fresh tyres and refill for 8 laps, repeat once.
The first pit stop will see you in the lead because you need less fuel than the AI (except for maybe a few late pit runners, but they are very slow on the track)
1658013550242.png

I tried it a month ago and it still works the same (as my other other entries from the thread) just with slight changes, mostly because my cars have lost PP so in fact are stronger now.

I'll give it a try, although it seems like every other tune for these cars I've seen, this one is also now over 400pp. I checked the exact weight and power, put the wide body and wheels on, bought the same things.

It must be the latest update as this comes out just under 410pp now so at least not much to shave off in comparison

To confirm, this worked. I added a couple of kilos ballast, knocked a couple of steps off the power restrictor and then won by 52 seconds.

It's important to get the manual shifting down for the fuel saving. I was using the rev counter and shifting up at around 6000rpm and easily had 4 more laps of fuel left at each stop.

Thanks for the advice.

RED BULL RING
I've seen strategies for racing first 18/19 laps in one stint (before rain comes) on FM6 but I ended up 20 seconds too slow for Gold and this strategy might have worked back in April but unlikely now with updates unless particularly lucky with AI. I have just won by what was classified as a lap ahead.

So for what it is worth this is my strategy as of 1.27 ...

In summary :-
RS, FM1, Lap 1-10, Refuel to Max,
RS, FM1, Lap 11-19, Refuel to Max (I pitted on 18 but was probably premature for best result)
W, FM1, Lap 20-26, Refuel to Max (you may get away with 90% if you run to 36 laps but not worth risk)
RS, FM1, Lap 27-37 (had 11% fuel as end of 36 and could have waited for clock to run down, had 4% of fuel a lap later)

Detail/tips :-
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 - make sure you own Wet and Racings Soft tyres. Put on Racing Soft and go to Red Bull Ring on Time Trial and make sure you can lap in the 1:28 - 1:29s with unrestircted car - mine was PP787.34 with 450/620 wing and High RPM Turbo - no idea how the game reduces your car's PP for the mission so just adding this for context. I used TC1, ABS and all other assist off.

This worked for me right now
And, if it worked for a "driver" like me, it will work for everyone :)
I managed to spin the car in turn 3 far before the rain :)
Went cautious during the rain but did not pay too much attention once back on the Racing softs and did spin it another couple of times, luckily I managed to come back to the track pretty fast and GOLDED it at first try using this strategy

many many many thanks

Tsukuba

Car: Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Tsukuba Circuit_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221230165634.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221230165640.jpg

I did this on Hard difficulty because I got smoked on Easy, lol. I was going to post a video, but PS5 is only able to record max 1 hour, so I didn't bother. I also went off the road like 8 times, and crashed twice, so I might as well not embarrass myself.

Anyway, I did 3 stop race. i ended up winning by over 40 seconds on Hard difficulty, even with the aforementioned offs and crashes. With this set up in the dry I was able to consistently do low-mid 59s with no traffic. Here is the race summary:

- Lap 1: Started on the Racing Hards, fuel trim on 1. Consistently did 59s-1:00s going through traffic. Was very slowly catching the leader, though the lead AI car set the fastest lap of 59.250, and I think my best was like a 59.3.

- Lap 14: Made first pit stop for fuel. Did not change tires, as it was not necessary. The Racing Hards had more than 50% remaining at this point. I think I passed the leader sometime between the first and second pit stops.

- Lap 24: Started raining hard enough to require wet tires. Pitted for Intermediates. Continued with fuel trim turned down to 6, as I did not know how long the rain was going to last, and I didn't want to have to pit for fuel, then pit a few laps later if the track dried out. Which is exactly what the AI proceeded to do at this point. They pitted for Intermediates, then a few laps later pitted for Slicks, then a few laps after that pitted for Intermediates again, then ~10 laps after that pitted for full Wets, lol.

- Lap 45: Track started drying out enough to use dry tires, but I stayed out on the wets for the time being.

- Lap 48: Pretty much out of fuel at this point. Pitted for 10 laps worth of fuel, and changed tires to Racing Hard. Continued with fuel trim turned back up to 1.

- Lap 56: Won the race by over 40 seconds.

Last edited:
Trial Mountain

Car: BAC Mono '16

Trial Mountain Circuit_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231153013.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231153019.jpg

This one is fairly easy. It's as straight forward as races get. It doesn't rain or anything. As long as you're consistent, and don't crash I don't really see how you can lose. I won by over a minute.

There are two viable strategies I can see for this one. The fastest AI use Sport Softs and do 2:03s. They pit every 7 or 8 laps due to tire wear. I can see that they actually have plenty of fuel left when they pit. The AI pits 3 times.

Strategy 1: This is the one I used. Use Sport Mediums, and fuel trim at 1 the entire race. Both tires and fuel should last about 10 laps. Pit on laps 10 and 20, and you should do 29 laps total. With this setup I was doing 2:03s. Lap times will drop off by a second or two once you get to the last 2 or 3 laps of each stint as the tires start to wear out. I actually set the fastest lap in my race with a 2:03.212.

Strategy 2: I didn't actually try this one, but I think it might be even faster than strategy 1. Use Sport Softs, and fuel trim at 1 the entire race. Pit every 7 laps (7, 14, 21), and refuel until you have 8 laps worth of fuel (no need to fill it all the way up). You might need to drive a little conservatively to make the tires last 7 laps without performance dropping off (with strategy 1 you can drive balls to the wall with no issues), but you should be about a couple seconds a lap faster than with Sport Mediums, which should more than make up a pit stop over 29 laps.

I would suggest using TCS 1. Unless you are a much better driver than I am, using no TCS here:

youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

Last edited:
Autopolis

Car: Honda S660 '15

Autopolis International Racing Course_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231225908.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231225912.jpg

I just happened to have a Honda S660 handy, so I used it. It also appears to be the best car to use in the race anyway, as all the AI S660s ended up ahead of all the other different car AIs.

This one is pretty straight forward, as you don't really have a lot of options in terms of strategy as the tires are fixed. Basically just run at fuel trim 1 for almost the entire race. A tank of gas lasted me exactly 8 laps, which seems to be the same as the lead AI, as we all pitted every 8 laps. If you're easy on tires, you can consider double stinting them to save a few seconds on the pit stop, but it isn't necessary. You would also want to turn down the fuel at some point in the last stint to avoid making an extra pit stop, as you will probably end up doing a total of 25 laps (1 extra lap for the final stint). With this set up my best lap time was 2:22.281. I was lapping about a second a lap faster than the leading AI and just caught them by the first pit stop. After you get past them, it's like they give up and start lapping a couple seconds a lap slower. I ended up winning by ~45 seconds.

In terms of the set up, you don't really have to follow exactly what I have. I only used this particular set up because I already had this car tuned and didn't want to build another one from scratch. In fact, it's probably better if you don't do the weight reductions at all. It seems like the most important aspect for this particular race is horsepower, as even with 119hp I was the slowest car down the straights. Before I ended up with this set up, I tried one where I was really light but only had 84hp, and I got absolutely annihilated down the straights, and I lost like a second a lap to the lead AI. An odd thing I found was that the Low RPM turbo actually reduced PP (by like 10), while increasing hp and tq at the same time. So I would actually recommend not getting any modifications that increase PP without increasing power, and try to maximize horsepower.

Last edited:
Kyoto Driving Park

Car: Radical SR3 SL '13

Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230101144132.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230101144136.jpg

I actually had no idea which car is the best to use in this race, so I just sorted my garage by PP and this was the closest to 550 without going over so I used it. My Mazda Roadster Touring Car was also pretty close, and I was debating using it, but I decided to use the Radical because I already used the Mazda in the first endurance so I wanted something different.

I just used the car as is from the dealership. I didn't change a single thing, so you don't have to look at the settings above. This car without changing anything is good enough to easily win this race. I set the fastest lap at 2:45.548, and I won by 1 minute and 15 seconds.

This race is actually easily doable without pitting at all if you do a bit of fuel management. The fuel will not last the entire race on fuel trim 1. It might last around 19-20 laps, but I ended up doing 22 laps total, so if you don't want to pit you'll have to turn the fuel down at some point. The tires will easily last the entire race. Or if you don't want to do any fuel management, you can do a pit stop at the half way point of the race. It's not really going to matter, as the AI pit like 3 times.

Deep Forest Raceway

Car: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

Deep Forest Raceway_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230102173809.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230102173813.jpg

First off, I'm gonna say that unless you're up for a challenge, I do not recommend using this car. It's possible that my set up was just not optimal, and there's a way to set this car up to be quicker. Throughout the 1 hour race, I only made one real mistake that cost me only maybe 4 seconds, and I ended up winning the race by 1 second...

That being said, this is one of the easiest cars to drive in the game. So if you have to drive it for an hour, at least it's pleasant. And I had some really nice battles with a couple of the AI cars, as there were a couple that were very evenly matched with me. The McLaren in the photo above used Racing Hard tires and pitted once, and it was fun to catch and pass him. I had to catch and pass him twice, once near the beginning and again after the pit stop, as for some reason his pit stop was way faster than mine. Another one was the Alpine, who used Racing Mediums and pitted twice. Fighting the Alpine was a lot of fun, as we were completely evenly matched. Once I caught up to him, he upped his pace, and I wasn't able to get past him. But unfortunately he pit after battling for ~5 laps or so. There's also an R34 GT-R that's kind of annoying. You pass him in the first couple of laps when he's stuck behind other cars, but a few laps later he might catch back up and try to barge his way past you. He's extremely fast for like 2 or 3 laps, then he runs out of steam, and he also has to pit twice so don't worry about him.

The strategy I used was Racing Hard tires and fuel trim 1 the entire race, just pitting once at the halfway point. I was doing lap times in the 1'36s, occasionally dipping into the 1'35s. I did 37 laps total. The AI car you really have to watch out for is the Porsche Taycan. I pretty much never saw him at all the entire race until the very end, as he starts on pole. He is the fastest car in the race, and set the fastest time of 1'33.6. He is on Racing Medium tires. So you can see that he lapped at least 2 seconds a lap faster than me. But he pits 3 times for tires. Make sure you find your way around lapped cars quickly, as that was what saved me at the end. When the Taycan caught up to lapped cars, he got stuck and each one cost him a good 2 seconds or so. He had extremely good straight line speed, and would have just breezed by me down the straight if we had to do an extra lap.

This race would have been a lot more fun without the Taycan. Not really because he's fast, but because his performance didn't really match the other AI cars.

Last edited:
Lake Maggiore with the Merceded-AMG GT3 '13. 2 stops, one at end of lap 10, one at end of lap 20, RM tires and Fuel 1 all the way through. No TC or driver aids, just ABS and using wheel. I wish we could get paid every time we win, it would be a great race to try a bunch of different cars and strategies with but it's not worth it for zero cr. It's a fun race, I wish there were more like it in GT7 that paid out cr., or prizes like engines.. or something. 🤷‍♂️

I made a 4K60 real time race recording video.

Alsace

Car: Mini-Cooper 'S' '65

Alsace - Village_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230105224406.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230105224409.jpg

I only used the Mini because I already had a tuned one on hand from the early menu missions. It's not bad for this race. Strategy is to set fuel map to 1 for the entire race. Fuel should last almost exactly 12 laps (I had 1% fuel remaining when I pit at the end of lap 12), and you should be able to do 24 laps, so make a single pit stop at the half way point. No need to change the tires. A set of comfort softs would probably last 4 full race distances. At the end of the race my rear tires had literally 1 pixel of wear (see picture below).

Gran Turismo® 7_20230105224155.jpg

Even though the tires don't seem to wear any significant amount, I did gradually lap slower and slower as the race wore on. As you can see in the picture above, in the last 10 laps of the race or so I'm lapping around 2'29-2'30. But at the beginning of the race I was doing 2'27-2'28. So maybe the tires are only at their best in the first few laps.

I took the lead at the end of lap 2. The fastest car in the race was the VW Bus for some reason. You can see in the picture above that he set the fastest lap, which was almost 3 seconds faster than my fastest lap. But you don't really have to worry about him. He pits a ridiculous number of times, like 4 times. And he made his last pit stop with 3 minutes remaining, so he's not too bright. Also, he only set the ridiculously fast laps in something like 3 lap bursts. Most of the time he only lapped around the same times as I did. He still ended up 2nd, but I won by over 30 seconds.

The original leader was the Mercedes in the first picture. But for some reason on around lap 4 or 5 he just completely disappeared from the leaderboard. I watched the replay after the race to find out what happened to him, and found that he did something very strange. See video below. He ended up finishing the race in like 15th or something.

Last edited:
Alsace

Car: Mini-Cooper 'S' '65

View attachment 1220981

View attachment 1220982

View attachment 1220983

I only used the Mini because I already had a tuned one on hand from the early menu missions. It's not bad for this race. Strategy is to set fuel map to 1 for the entire race. Fuel should last almost exactly 12 laps (I had 1% fuel remaining when I pit at the end of lap 12), and you should be able to do 24 laps, so make a single pit stop at the half way point. No need to change the tires. A set of comfort softs would probably last 4 full race distances. At the end of the race my rear tires had literally 1 pixel of wear (see picture below).

View attachment 1220988

Even though the tires don't seem to wear any significant amount, I did gradually lap slower and slower as the race wore on. As you can see in the picture above, in the last 10 laps of the race or so I'm lapping around 2'29-2'30. But at the beginning of the race I was doing 2'27-2'28. So maybe the tires are only at their best in the first few laps.

I took the lead at the end of lap 2. The fastest car in the race was the VW Bus for some reason. You can see in the picture above that he set the fastest lap, which was almost 3 seconds faster than my fastest lap. But you don't really have to worry about him. He pits a ridiculous number of times, like 4 times. And he made his last pit stop with 3 minutes remaining, so he's not too bright. Also, he only set the ridiculously fast laps in something like 3 lap bursts. Most of the time he only lapped around the same times as I did. He still ended up 2nd, but I won by over 30 seconds.

The original leader was the Mercedes in the first picture. But for some reason on around lap 4 or 5 he just completely disappeared from the leaderboard. I watched the replay after the race to find out what happened to him, and found that he did something very strange. See video below. He ended up finishing the race in like 15th or something.

The bus in Alsace is Porsche-swapped, that's why it's the fastest car around. He pits four times but every time I tried the race he ended up being the main rival regardless.

Red Bull Ring

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

Red Bull Ring_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230107165916.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230107165921.jpg

I don't really have a lot of Gr.3 cars. I only have like 5, and I thought this might be the best out of the ones I have so I used it. My guess is that it doesn't really matter which Gr.3 car you use, as they are all probably pretty much the same in terms of performance. Just use whichever one you like driving. Regardless if this one is one of the better ones or not, it's capable of winning this race easily as long as you get the pit strategy right. The settings above are probably useless, as I don't think you can change any of the settings. Everything is greyed out.

This is a dry-wet-dry race, so be prepared to have to deal with rain. It will start raining lap 19, and start to dry out on around lap 24. Your goal would be to make your second pit stop for full Wet tires on lap 19. How you do that is up to you. I can't really tell you exactly what fuel trim to use to last 9 or 10 laps, because I changed it several times during my stints. I ran part of the stint on fuel trim 1, then turned it down after a few laps. I know you'd definitely be fine to do 10 laps on 3, but you might be able to do it on 2. On fuel trim 1, a tank lasted 8 laps for me. So maybe you can do the first stint on fuel trim 1 and do 8 laps, then turn it down to 3 or 4 the second stint and do 11 laps. Or you can even it out a bit and do something in between.

You might as well use Racing Softs when it's dry, as they will outlast a tank of fuel. When I used fuel trim 1, my best lap was a 1'28.718. But you probably wouldn't want to use fuel trim 1 the entire first half of the race, because you'll end up making maybe 1 extra pit stop. Or use fuel map 1 if you don't want to deal with fuel management, as it probably wouldn't really matter if you make an extra stop. I won the race by well over a minute.

The lead AI for the first half of the race is Beauvois in an AMG GT (or Beavis, as I like to call him). But he makes some poor pit strategy decisions, and I think ends up 4th or 5th in the end.

Once you finish your pit stop at the end of lap 19 for Wet tires, you might as well turn the fuel trim all the way down to 6, as I tried doing a lap on 1 and it wasn't faster than I was on 6. It will start to dry out on lap 24, so you might be tempted to pit and put on dry tires. You could if you're confident you're good enough to stay on the dry line. I wasn't, so I stayed out on the Wets until I ran out of fuel, which was about lap 27 or 28. When I changed to dry tires, of course I spun out right when I came out of the pits, because the pit exit wasn't on the dry line... But at that point it was dry enough that once I was on the dry line, I found it pretty easy to stay on it. If you're not confident, you could probably use Intermediates in the last portion of the race instead of slicks.

At this point, just do whatever fuel management you need to to complete the rest of the race without pitting again. You'd probably end up doing 37 laps. I think in my last stint, I just set fuel trim to 1 the entire time and I was ok. Overall, this race is pretty easy. I also quite like this track, and it's quite nice to drive with these cars.

Last edited:
Lago Maggiore

Car: Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230108132403.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230108132406.jpg

Alright, last one. In this race, I found out that car choice can make the difference between undoable and not very difficult. I also found that you can either be lucky or unlucky.

Let's start with undoable. I first tried to do this race with the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R I used in the Red Bull Ring race. I was able to lap in the 1'57-1'58s. I was barely keeping up with the initial AI leader (Yamanaka), but was losing maybe 2 or 3 tenths a lap on average. To add insult to injury, not only was I lapping slower, I was also using more fuel. I found that out at the first pit stop on lap 10, where I had 9L remaining, but Yamanaka and Beavis had 30L remaining. So not only was I not fast enough to catch them, I had to spend a lot more time in the pits to fill up the tank. By the way, for some reason fuel refills extremely slowly in this race. So at that point, I figured the race was not winnable with that car and gave up.

I looked around in my garage for an alternative, and I read that the Mazda RX-Vision is supposedly quite fuel efficient, so I gave it a try. This car made all the difference. It not only used less fuel, but was also like 7 or 8 tenths quicker per lap. I was able to lap in the 1'56-1'58s. I ended up taking the lead at the end of lap 2. One thing about this car that isn't as good compared to the Corvette is that lap times seem quite a bit more sensitive to tire degradation. With the Corvette, even with the tires showing half worn, I was still doing lap times reasonably consistent with when the tires were new. But with this car, lap times dropped off pretty quickly.

For strategy, I used Racing Medium tires and pitted every 1/3 or the race, which should be every 10 laps. When you pit, only refill up to the 80L mark. Doing 10 laps here in this car should only require about ~75L fuel, so there is no point wasting precious seconds sitting in the pit. Here is where we come to where you can either be lucky or unlucky. For some reason, in my first attempt with the Corvette, Yamanaka and Beavis pit on lap 10, so I assume they make 2 stops in the race, but in this attempt they pit every 9 laps, so they make 3 stops. They pitted the third time with only 5 minutes remaining, which totally destroyed their races.

The AI you have to watch out for is Kokubun in another Mazda RX-Vision. He only does 1 stop, and he is actually decently fast putting that into consideration.

In the end, you would probably do 30 laps total. I ended up winning this race by a fairly comfortable 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Hey guy`s can someone tell me are these challenges now fixed or is the difficulty level still messed up ie:hard =easy and vice versa

Hey guy`s can someone tell me are these challenges now fixed or is the difficulty level still messed up ie:hard =easy and vice versa
It's still broken. I don't think that the difficulty setting was ever intended to affect the missions. If you read the description in the difficulty setting screen, it says it specifically affects races in World Circuits.

I'll add to the Tsukuba Tunes and Strategy.
Sorry no pictures at the moment, but using my Martini livery definitely made all the difference! Search v8stage1 tag!

Tune - I struggled with the great tunes that were posted, so butchered these to provide a little more controlled rotation (for my lack of driving style). I have no doubt this can be improved, but I was getting 58.8, and consistently low 59s. In my races, this gave me the FL! The rear feels a bit unstable, but once the initial breaking is done, it felt quite nice for the rear to rotate around the corner. If you stamp on the throttle in the wet, it will send you to Narnia.

599.94pp / 218 bhp / 796 kg
Tyres: RH
FM1 throughout

Body Height: 85 / 100
Anti Roll: 6/7
Dampers: 34 / 36 and then 44/46
Frequency: 2.60 / 3.00
Camber 1.00 / 1.00
Toe: 0.00 / 0.20

Differential: 12 / 45/ 35

Downforce: 70 / 150
ECU Custom: 100%
Ballast 1 kg - 50
Power 100%

Custom Racing Transmission, 220 km/h
Brake Controller: -1

Other parts: Racing air filter, sport brakes with racing pads, racing clutch

Strategy
4 stop, remembering to minimise time lost to AI and weather. As long as I can get to start the 56th lap, then I'll win.
In one event, Kokubun got an FL in the 57s. I restarted the game, I can't get near this!

RH to pit at the end of lap 15. (If it is only lap 14, that isn't a problem). In the first two stints, if you get up to second then there is a good chance for a win. I aim for 59s with the odd low 1 min lap when it is dry. Generally, I lose time to the fastest AI in the first half of the lap and gain a bit more in the second half. If you consider Tsukuba to have 5 main corners (which need braking), I lose 4 to 5 tenths in the first two, and gain 5 to 7 tenths in the final 3 corners, most of them by not breaking so hard, (and just lifting) in the third braking zone

Pit at the end of lap 31, switching to IM. Again lap 30 isn't a huge issue. This is crazy because it is a drying track, but heavy rain comes 7 laps later. I'm terrible on RH in damp conditions and lose too much time meaning that I won't be able to get to the 56th lap. The AI will also get too far ahead (for me to catch).

On lap 38, I switch to Wets, and fuel save to get to the end of the race. I'm better at driving consistently, without falling off than driving flat out in tricky conditions. When it is very wet, I tend to use a higher gear to accelerate out of corners, lift and coast a but more into corners. In the second half of the race, the AI go from slicks to IM, then W, then IM and finally onto slicks. Each of their stops takes 15 seconds or so.

I've repeated this 4 times across 3 accounts, winning every time (apart from when I restarted when Kokuban got a 57, maybe the level set to easy?).
In most races, I lost 10 - 15 seconds due to a spin by being rubbish.

RED BULL RING
I've seen strategies for racing first 18/19 laps in one stint (before rain comes) on FM6 but I ended up 20 seconds too slow for Gold and this strategy might have worked back in April but unlikely now with updates unless particularly lucky with AI. I have just won by what was classified as a lap ahead.

So for what it is worth this is my strategy as of 1.27 ...

In summary :-
RS, FM1, Lap 1-10, Refuel to Max,
RS, FM1, Lap 11-19, Refuel to Max (I pitted on 18 but was probably premature for best result)
W, FM1, Lap 20-26, Refuel to Max (you may get away with 90% if you run to 36 laps but not worth risk)
RS, FM1, Lap 27-37 (had 11% fuel as end of 36 and could have waited for clock to run down, had 4% of fuel a lap later)

Detail/tips :-
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 - make sure you own Wet and Racings Soft tyres. Put on Racing Soft and go to Red Bull Ring on Time Trial and make sure you can lap in the 1:28 - 1:29s with unrestircted car - mine was PP787.34 with 450/620 wing and High RPM Turbo - no idea how the game reduces your car's PP for the mission so just adding this for context. I used TC1, ABS and all other assist off.

For the mission, start off on RS, FM1 and aim for 1:31 - 1:32 pace. I pitted end of Lap 10 just a whisker under the 45mins remaining with left rear about 80% worn and I was 22 seconds behind leader with 5% fuel left.

Put on a new set of RS and fuelled to max, came out 32 secs behind leader. I came in at end of Lap 18, 12.5 seconds behind leader and 32mins left on clock, 26% fuel. I put on Full Wets and refilled and switched to TC5.

I come out 42 seconds behind leader and start practicing braking off the racing line but I notice that with 30mins left on clock, as I almost complete lap 19 the tyre meter is only just at the Inters level so I daresay I could have pitted and end of Lap 19 for a quicker strategy - I lost 12 seconds on that lap alone being over-cautious and being on wrong tyres.

By end of Lap 20 the tyre metre is into the Wets range and I am giving myself 50m more braking distance and being ultra careful around turns 4, 9 & 10 as these are super slippery. On Lap 21 I pass Beauvois for the Lead, he looks like he has stayed out on the wrong tyres and I am 18 seconds ahead at the end of that lap. This is the trickiest phase of the race - brake off the racing line if you can, don't be in a rush to visit the scenery, keep a cool head, easy on the throttle and brake and don't take risks in 4, 9 & 10 - keep away from kerbs. You should be able to keep the gap fairly steady. On Lap 25 a dry line starts to appear, try keeping to it and braking on racing line again, start decreasing braking distances to normal.

I came in end of Lap 26, 14 seconds ahead, 17 mins on clock, put on RS and fuelled to max. Came out 19 seconds behind leader.
No heroics, keep to racing line where it is dry, uber careful corners 4, 9 & 10 still, part from that flat out as per the first stint but keep off kerbs. On lap 31 I felt brave enough to go back to TC2, had made a few errors by this point and was 26 seconds back. Gallo was showing 1 second behind me but not in mirrors which was odd and nearest car behind me in 3rd was half the longest straight behind.

Lap 33 the Leader (Lopez) pits - he is showing as being on Wets with 32 Litres of fuel, he emerges 7 seconds ahead of me - at this point I thought race was lost as only 4 mins left, but I am catching him ... I get the gap down to 2 seconds by the end of Lap 34 but he pits again!! I notice he was still on Wets so he either didn't do anything in his previous pit or he put on new Wets, either way some bizarre choice. I notice on the replay, he then puts Inters on - there is no water on the track! So he is 20 seconds behind me now and on the wrong tyres. I am still uber careful corners 4, 9 & 10 - that's my key advice.

There was 8 seconds on the clock as I started Lap 37, Lopez was 21 seconds behind so I could have just waited on the line but I went for another lap.

That was my last Mission Golded, the most satisfying as I had my ass kicked yesterday and then read in loads of places that since the update this was impossible and everyone was losing by 20s with few mistakes. I practiced some more Time Trial, decided to do the 3 stop strategy, learnt where I was most vulnerable in the wet to losing time in the gravel and although I made a few small mistakes going off between 9 & 10 a couple of times, I only got 1 time penalty.
I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! Followed this strategy with the Mazda RX Vision GT3 (only kept the wets for a few laps longer) and won by 30 seconds, which turned out to be one lap since I started lap 37 with only 15 seconds left on the clock. Thanks!

Deep Forrest mission tune, regarding strategy, just pit once at 30 min mark and you're good. Add some fuel and go full throttle to the end, it's probably the easiest mission to win. I was lapping consistently around 1:34, but even if you don't have the pace, others will pit more times (2, 3, 4) and it's an easy win.

my strategy on Lago (Lake) Maggiore: need a fairly fast car but with average/good fuel consumption, let's say that it should give fuel consumption, with mapping 1, at least 13 laps of autonomy (between the start and the second/third lap, when fuel consumption is levelled). medium tyres, first pit on lap 10, new medium tires and fuel for 10.5 laps; second pit on lap 20, new medium tires and fuel for 11.5 laps. you should do it. yesterday I gave up after lap 21, in the comeback I was fourth close to the first three, I understood that I had reached the finish line and I didn't start 31st lap for 2 seconds, a little more
I used a Porsche GT3

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone clocked if easy is still hard and vice versa?

Beat Alsace in the Stratos and Trial Mountain in the Mono this afternoon. Both on the first tries. Both cars handle really well. A bit of sliding around but all very controllable. Tried Deep Forest in the Aston DP-100 but wasn't fast enough and ran out of fuel on the downhill after the hairpin on the last lap. The Taycan only pits 3 times and runs 3-4 seconds per lap faster than me. I catch up to him while he is in the pits, but he exits right as I'm crossing the start/finish line and can never get past him with a reasonable gap to win. I'm looking to either use the Stratos for a 620pp tune or the Silvia will be my last hope.

Last edited:
I'm looking to either use the Stratos for a 620pp tune or the Silvia will be my last hope.
Stratos is my go-to car for everything where you can use it.

Stratos is my go-to car for everything where you can use it.
Well, I set up the Stratos to your tune and gave it a teat run at DF. It first I was unimpressed. Hit the final sector marker after the first long tunnel running a 1:01 flat. That's about 3 seconds slower than my best. Then I hit the hairpin. OMG this car handles that tuns like it's nothing. I end up crossing the line with a high 1:34 lap time beating my fastest lap on the track. First lap out! Ran a couple more laps and kept getting faster. Low 1:34's with only 3 laps under my belt. I would suspect 1:33 or 1:32's are doable with more seat time.

Tried Vule's tune for the Silvia and it was over a second slower than the Stratos in my hands. So I'm going to give this race one more try with the Stratos. Hopefully I can beat that stupid Taycan.

Last edited:
Well, won Deep Forest in the Stratos with lapping everyone. Ran 38 laps, needed to get 14 laps of fuel and new tires at the one pit stop around the 40 minute mark. My fastest lap was a 1:34.000 with the Taycan running a fastest lap of 1:33.701. My average lap was mid 34's to low 35's.

The car feels like it floats on some parts of the track and can get a bit squirrely if your tires get really worn. Fortunately, it's really forgivable and easy to get it back in line without much of a fuss.

@Meythia thanks for the tune on this one and for Alsace. The little Stratos is turning out to be a really good performer.

20969906360807000.jpg

@Meythia thanks for the tune on this one and for Alsace. The little Stratos is turning out to be a really good performer.
As my tunes are from before PD decided to remove suspension settings from PP they might be possibly faster now, if someone invests the effort to do a better setup with all freedom there is now.
What I like to do in DF is staying behind the Alpine until it pits and just let it drag me around as both cars are almost equally fast in the first few laps (at least to my experience).

As my tunes are from before PD decided to remove suspension settings from PP they might be possibly faster now, if someone invests the effort to do a better setup with all freedom there is now.
What I like to do in DF is staying behind the Alpine until it pits and just let it drag me around as both cars are almost equally fast in the first few laps (at least to my experience).
Both the Alpine and the GT-R were pretty fast. They were running low 1:34's and took me a few laps to finally pass them. It was either the hairpin or that 90 degree left hander on to the back straight where I would pass most cars.

Tried Vule's tune for the Silvia and it was over a second slower than the Stratos in my hands. So I'm going to give this race one more try with the Stratos. Hopefully I can beat that stupid Taycan.
I took a screenshot mid race (with the Silvia)

IMG_3029.JPG

With this pace you win so easily, it becomes boring after 20 mins.

I took a screenshot mid race (with the Silvia)

View attachment 1231625

With this pace you win so easily, it becomes boring after 20 mins.
No doubt. I'm sure it's a great car but I just couldn't get that car to work for me. It may be the suspension tuning that's just not working for me, but the Stratos, with the tune that was provided, could hit 1.34's in my hands on its first lap of testing. I was running high 1.35's with the Silvia and couldn't get it to go much below mid 1.35's after 4 or 5 laps. The Stratos, for me, hit 1:34.2's on my 3rd lap of testing, so I didn't fight the decision. It was the better car for me.

Back