The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
I feel like just about all advice/strategy provided for these races has all been rendered useless by the recent updates. Or maybe the people winning these races don't have the AI set to hard? :ouch:
The difficulty setting has no impact on these races. It's for world circuit races. I have used the strategy here to win all the races except last, all first try, most from first page (Cappucino for Kei cars, A220 for Alsace, DP-100 for Deep Forest)

Last edited:
The difficulty setting has no impact on these races. It's for world circuit races. I have used the strategy here to win all the races except last, all first try, most from first page (Cappucino for Kei cars, A220 for Alsace, DP-100 for Deep Forest)
I'd normally agree with you on that but there are reports that some people are experiencing harder human comedy races when the AI is set to easy and vice versa, although i take this with a grain of salt because unless someone is willing to run a lot of tests there's not a lot of evidence other than varied personal experiences. Basically YMMV.

I have another theory that i posted on the how to gold everything sticky thread "that the AI is running something similar to B spec in GT5 where your B spec driver can get hot and cold depending on if they are battling or not and their temperament stat because once i cleared a gap to gallo in tsukuba after the second shorter pit stop i pulled away very easiliy."
If the leader is in a battle with anyone (you or another AI) the down side is it will get faster, on the plus side is they will use more fuel and chew up their tyres and possibly make mistakes. They don't even have to be battling side by side (which would make them slower in general) but within a perceived pressure zone where they just get hotter and hotter. I got into an amusing 4 way battle at Alsace in my z28 against the sambabus and 2 others, i just let them have at it as i knew i was on a different pit strategy and saving a little bit of fuel and tyres.
tl;dr - you can "pressure" the ai into mistakes/burning fuel/ruining tyres by running close enough to them if you know you can't pull a gap straight away if you stay just behind them and saving fuel and tyres if you need to and pull a gap in the pits later on

One last tidbit i posted in the other thread
"Another thing that might help those that don't find these missions so easy is that you should read what the "pros" have to say at the race setup screen, eg: lucas odonez says his sambabus had an engine swap, others might tell you what pit strategy they're on, and so on."

I'd normally agree with you on that but there are reports that some people are experiencing harder human comedy races when the AI is set to easy and vice versa, although i take this with a grain of salt because unless someone is willing to run a lot of tests there's not a lot of evidence other than varied personal experiences. Basically YMMV.

I have another theory that i posted on the how to gold everything sticky thread "that the AI is running something similar to B spec in GT5 where your B spec driver can get hot and cold depending on if they are battling or not and their temperament stat because once i cleared a gap to gallo in tsukuba after the second shorter pit stop i pulled away very easiliy."
If the leader is in a battle with anyone (you or another AI) the down side is it will get faster, on the plus side is they will use more fuel and chew up their tyres and possibly make mistakes. They don't even have to be battling side by side (which would make them slower in general) but within a perceived pressure zone where they just get hotter and hotter. I got into an amusing 4 way battle at Alsace in my z28 against the sambabus and 2 others, i just let them have at it as i knew i was on a different pit strategy and saving a little bit of fuel and tyres.
tl;dr - you can "pressure" the ai into mistakes/burning fuel/ruining tyres by running close enough to them if you know you can't pull a gap straight away if you stay just behind them and saving fuel and tyres if you need to and pull a gap in the pits later on

One last tidbit i posted in the other thread
"Another thing that might help those that don't find these missions so easy is that you should read what the "pros" have to say at the race setup screen, eg: lucas odonez says his sambabus had an engine swap, others might tell you what pit strategy they're on, and so on."
Yes, the AI does in deed have different "moods" if you pressure them. I've seen it too, sometimes they're impossible to overtake or hold on to you, until pits or the tires finish at least, because then suddenly you start to gain seconds per lap. But in some races, you need also the right car. I've done the last race now, third try with the Hyundai Gr.3 and immediately the lap times were 2-3 seconds better then any other "good" cars that I've tried. I wonder what is BoP good for, if it can't even guarantee similar lap times across different cars.

Yes, the AI does in deed have different "moods" if you pressure them. I've seen it too, sometimes they're impossible to overtake or hold on to you, until pits or the tires finish at least, because then suddenly you start to gain seconds per lap. But in some races, you need also the right car. I've done the last race now, third try with the Hyundai Gr.3 and immediately the lap times were 2-3 seconds better then any other "good" cars that I've tried. I wonder what is BoP good for, if it can't even guarantee similar lap times across different cars.
Car selection can be important depending on your skill, we all know the BoP is crap, just look the manufacturers cup, that being said i did both Gr3 BoP races with the BoP nerfed V12 vantage.

I don’t care. Maggiore ER is the worst thing about this game! I’m ok not getting the gold. But I got golds and silvers on all the others relatively easy. But this race the AI decide to not just beat you, but lap you and still have the audacity to to dive bomb you. Furious.

Hi,
Yesterday I have Tsukuba a try With the Mazda Roadster TC ... Took a Setup from YT - watched the Guy having a quite simple win.

He Had Track Times which are around 1:00 to 1:01 - which ist clearly 1-1.5 Seconds faster then me. But I am No semipro and I am driving With Standard PS4 Controller.

The 1.00,5xx Drive by the YT was permanently the fastest Lap over His Race. And Herr my Problem Starts - With my lap Times technically Need to win also ... Including my knowledge when I have to Change Tires and when Not - but my AI is driving Like crazy! The Top3 in my Race are lapping around 0:58 permanently (!), Which I can easily notice as they regularly Change FL - so they are constantly 2-4 Seconds faster then me - so I was never able to get better any better as Position 6.

What Lap Times can you See or estimate in this Race? And why are my AIs so fast?!? Or are they now Always that fast as they have been updated by one of the Last updates?

BR K.

Hi,
Yesterday I have Tsukuba a try With the Mazda Roadster TC ... Took a Setup from YT - watched the Guy having a quite simple win.

He Had Track Times which are around 1:00 to 1:01 - which ist clearly 1-1.5 Seconds faster then me. But I am No semipro and I am driving With Standard PS4 Controller.

The 1.00,5xx Drive by the YT was permanently the fastest Lap over His Race. And Herr my Problem Starts - With my lap Times technically Need to win also ... Including my knowledge when I have to Change Tires and when Not - but my AI is driving Like crazy! The Top3 in my Race are lapping around 0:58 permanently (!), Which I can easily notice as they regularly Change FL - so they are constantly 2-4 Seconds faster then me - so I was never able to get better any better as Position 6.

What Lap Times can you See or estimate in this Race? And why are my AIs so fast?!? Or are they now Always that fast as they have been updated by one of the Last updates?

BR K.

I just did this race on hard, medium, and easy difficulty multiple times each. THIS RACE IS BUGGED: THE AI GO MUCH FASTER ON EASY DIFFICULTY THAN ON HARD DIFFICULTY! Like 2-3 seconds per lap faster! On Easy, I couldn’t come close. Switched to Hard, and won by about 50 seconds.

(In the last 20 minutes of the race, the AI swapped tires a bunch of times, letting me run up a big lead. Only switched to IM once around the 17 minute mark when rain got really heavy, then back to RH when the rain stopped around 12 minutes to go. RH / FM6 the whole time. Only had to get gas twice. Tires never wore out. )

Did the Roadster TC race at Tsukuba last night. Used RH tires at the start and kept an eye on the weather. When the first band of rain showers hit I could see that it was going to be a short one. So I gambled and stayed out on slicks when the others pit for rain tires. It was a bit sketchy for a couple laps but then a dry line formed and it was good for another 10 laps or so. Then more rain came and I pit for IM tires. From this point on it was pretty clear sailing. Even when the rain started clearing up I stayed out on the IM tires and only did a quick stop at the end for a splash of fuel. Won it pretty easy.

Tonight I did the Kyoto Driving Park race and used the Mitsubishi EVO V at 548pp, 317hp. Used SM tires the whole time. Tire wear wasn't great but I managed it. Caught up to the leader about 15 minutes in but he picked up the pace a bit so I just cruised along behind. We both pit around the 20 minute mark and I took tires only. That gave me the lead by a fairly large margin which I was able to maintain the rest of the race. Pit with 18 minutes to go for fresh tires and a few liters of fuel and won by 50+ seconds.

Last edited:
Hi,

That's a possibility - I also asked myself If the Race was Generally updated, as PD found IT too easy.

Which MX5 did you use and what was you General Setup?

BR K

Do these tunes still work in the current patch? i have only got gold on kyoto, everything else im struggling with using some of the tunes from here

Do these tunes still work in the current patch? i have only got gold on kyoto, everything else im struggling with using some of the tunes from here

I recently replayed these and would suggest to you that the Mazda Touring Car mission has slightly changed in terms of tuning and strategy.

The others were straightforward but obviously needed decent consistent lapping/pace.

any help with kei car? the s660 tune now requires 124 ballast instead of 35 and it is too slow i think

I used this:

20220608_155654.jpg

20220608_155658.jpg

Autopolis race: is it still the best solution the S660 and double pit? Because i am
Not able to tune anymore like you did in the first post

Managed to do the Alsace, Red Bull Ring and Lago Maggiore all in two days, but it wasn't easy.

Used the 73 BMW CSL for the Alsace race: custom manual transmission, comfort hard tyres and abit off extra weight to get the car below 450pp.

Ran hard with fuel mixture on 1, first pitstop to top off fuel and change tyres once the tank was almost empty, second pitstop only fill up so I can finish the race. I put the ingame difficulty to max for this one, I think.

I bet the opponents are not 450pp cars, not even close.

RBR was done with the M6 GT3, medium tyres and fuel mix 1.

First stop I think I only got gas because the rain was approaching, next stop full tank and wet tyres. Third stop, mediums again and only enough fuel go last the remaining laps. Beauvois was the one to catch on his AMG GT3, but in the end he was behind at least 15 seconds. Lowered the ingame difficulty to none.

Lago Maggiore was also done on the M6 GT3. Medium tures and fuel on 1.

Beauvois was once again the one to catch but Inostroza also was fast in his M6. Managed to do mostly 1.57~1.58 laps with one lap being 1.56.xxx and few laps in the 1.59's.

Did 30 laps overall. the S-curves after the first uphill can be taken 4th gear after a brief drop to 3rd on approach. Also coasted a bit on the last double right before the final downhill left back to main straight.

The ingame difficulty was on zero chilis on this one as well.

Last edited:
My best times for lago maggiore are 1:58's at best and start to weaken after lap 5 or 6. I manage to get up to 4th or 5th and then it starts to become difficult to stay there.
I think I loose time in the last sector double right and last turn. Not 2 seconds but still I have the feeling they catch me there. I keep trying different cars. amg, Z4, viper srt, subaru WRX, M6 etc. I can't seem to find where to win more time. the training with the alfa doesn't seem completely right. The car has a weird way of turning when you lift the throttle. Practising with the car you want tu use outside the challenge is not the same as the power is restricted so you get a false feeling of how quick you are.

My best times for lago maggiore are 1:58's at best and start to weaken after lap 5 or 6. I manage to get up to 4th or 5th and then it starts to become difficult to stay there.
I think I loose time in the last sector double right and last turn. Not 2 seconds but still I have the feeling they catch me there. I keep trying different cars. amg, Z4, viper srt, subaru WRX, M6 etc. I can't seem to find where to win more time. the training with the alfa doesn't seem completely right. The car has a weird way of turning when you lift the throttle. Practising with the car you want tu use outside the challenge is not the same as the power is restricted so you get a false feeling of how quick you are.
You can change the tire wear and fuel consumption in time trials on GT7. I didn't realize that for a while. Hope that helps with practice laps.

I've just copied the Autopolis tune and my PP is 409.38.

Is there an updated tune?
The screenshot before has no G values on max speed which decreased PP back when it was possible.
I suggest removing mid RPM turbo and instead use permanent upgrade einginebalance tuning.

Last edited:
Maybe someone should make updated guide for this? Emil the OP hasnt been here for couple of months and guide has been outdated...
Unless stated otherwise, these tunes are from version 1.18

1. Mazda Cup: no car choice and not much of strategy planning. This event will be won depending on whether you switch from dry to intermediate or wet at the right time. I did start on racing medium, then switch to intermediate on the 1st rain, back to medium, then wets on 2nd rain accompanied with changing fuelmap to 6, then back to medium and fuelmap 1. Always fueling up and for the final pit match the remaining laps (in my case no refuel was necessary).

version 1.27: Setup is medium tyres, rear aero at 344.
Other non stock parts are customizable ECU (only installed, not change), racing brakes and pads, racing flywheel, increased body rigidity and racing crankshaft.
Also non standard is fully customizable suspension with these values:
1676896059244.png

and customizable racing transmission, set to 230 then adjusted for shortshifting at 50% powerband indicator (or 10% while cornering on the wet tyres):
1676896105103.png

Then to match the PP, add +8kg of ballast at position -46
And engine power limiter to 94

Except for a stupid spin in the last round, I did dry laps of mostly low 59, intermediate laps of 1.04 and wet laps of 1.10, small spinning in lap 56, for a result of 57 laps while running low on fuel in lap 57.
1676896270449.png

I was driving on medium tyres with rear aero at maximum setting, otherwise stock settings.
As long as the surface isnt on the 2nd slippy bar, you can stay on dry tyre, when it starts filling up just below the 2nd section, you can switch to wet (no need to consider intermediate, I rather ran a few slower laps instead of making a next change in this case). Always fill up on gas whenever you pit, so you can sprint the last 15 minutes. AI sometimes makes the right guess on tyres and did keep up to me for just a 4 second lead on the finishing line.

2. Bac Mono: I dont like this car, so slippy on the accelaration.
Invest in all power upgrades, then power restrictor down.
Natural frequency set to 3.30 and 3.85 felt better for me.
2 stop strategy on medium tyres. FM1 on the straights, FM6 in the technical sections so I didnt need to be as sensitive with the throttle. On pitting fill up for 10 laps and change tyres to fresh.
Dont switch lower than 3rd gear during racing.
The event isnt actually difficult as soon as you understand the cars behavior: Once in the lead you know you won.1657925933417.png

3. Autopolis Kei-Cars version 1.29
I choose Daihatsu Copen and made it light. Wide body and tyres, no aero parts installed, other parts as by screenshot.
Short shifting at 50% powerband indicator, pitting after 20 minutes to change to fresh tyres and refill for 8 laps, repeat once.
The first pit stop will see you in the lead because you need less fuel than the AI (except for maybe a few late pit runners, but they are very slow on the track). Power Limiter set to 95
1677266131193.png

Transmission setup (set to 210, then adjusted)
1677266215393.png

8. Lage Maggiore Gr.3
My selection Jaguar on medium tyres.
FM1 and refueling for 10 laps on 2 stops after, dont forget to change to fresh tyres.
As long as your average lap time is 1.57 you are doing fine, you should be in the lead at around lap 5, as long as Rubilar and Beauvois are behind this is sufficient, because they are on the same pitting strategy.

4-7 to come, not yet done on the current version

Attachments

• 1658013550242.png
    1658013550242.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
4.5.6. One car fits them: used car dealer - Lancia Stratos
The car has all upgrades installed, including widebody and wide tyres

4. Kyoto 550, all parts installed
no pitting required, Sport Hard
1658052878090.png
1658052965840.png

5. Deep Forest 620
version 1.27 Alfa 4C
Wide body+tyres+rims, front areo and rear wing set to 40 and 250, 1kg of ballast at +0 position
fully customizable ECU, racing transmission, sport intercooler, racing brakes and pads, racing flywheel
weight reduction step 3, increased body rigidity, stroke up and polish ports
Fully customizable suspension:
1676295116095.png

Tyres of choice: racing hard

Shifting at around 5800 RPM (when the indicator has like 10% or so), no pitting required
Transmission set to 300 (default I think), and then adjusted:
1676295207334.png

Lap times consistently around 1.35, but potential of 1.34.5.

customizable transmission (not racing), and default flywheel, otherwise all parts installed
1 pit for fuel as late as possible, refill for 9 laps, Racing Hard dont need to be changed
Transmission setup is for staying in 3rd for almost all corners except the hairpin.
1658065422241.png
1658065455838.png

6. Alsace Classic 450
FM2 will bring you to 1 stop after 30 minutes, Comfort Soft will last throughout the whole event.
A bit of lifting of the throttle right after the last checkpoint (the one behind the penalty zone) until braking for the hairpin right turn.
Then again after climbing the hill just after switching into 5th gear until braking.
Transmission is set to 190
Non-stock parts:
fully adjustable suspension, fully adjustable ecu, fully adjustable transmission, racing air filter, racing braking pads
1658083348988.png

7. Red Bull Ring Gr.3 - not yet done

Last edited:
Is there a Bug with the 550pp race?

Just did the race and 2 cars (Alfa 8c and Honda NSX R) didn't even pit once. I did a one-stopper but both cars never driven into the pits once in the whole 60 min race. Had to make up over 30 seconds which I didn't manage and got only third with a 6 sec gap.

I'm really annoyed that I wasted 1 hour for a bug..

Is there a Bug with the 550pp race?

Just did the race and 2 cars (Alfa 8c and Honda NSX R) didn't even pit once. I did a one-stopper but both cars never driven into the pits once in the whole 60 min race. Had to make up over 30 seconds which I didn't manage and got only third with a 6 sec gap.

I'm really annoyed that I wasted 1 hour for a bug..
I dont see the bug there. There are cars that can run without pitting (see my comment above).

Just did it again to verify they were pitting, but the Brazilian Porsche driver propably did a no-stopper (to no success, he was still trailing behind others at the end.).

I wouldnt call it wasted, its a learning experience.

Last edited:
I dont see the bug there. There are cars that can run without pitting (see my comment above).

Just did it again to verify they were pitting, but the Brazilian Porsche driver propably did a no-stopper (to no success, he was still trailing behind others at the end.).

I wouldnt call it wasted, its a learning experience.
Well, the Alfa 8c isn't exactly what I would call a fuel-efficient car 😅
And also if I would use the 8c it couldn't do a full hour without refueling. Even with Map 6 and shortshifting. Let alone with that kind of speed it had in my race.

That's why I thought this must be a bug. Haha

Well, the Alfa 8c isn't exactly what I would call a fuel-efficient car 😅
And also if I would use the 8c it couldn't do a full hour without refueling. Even with Map 6 and shortshifting. Let alone with that kind of speed it had in my race.

That's why I thought this must be a bug. Haha
Did run it just once more.
Solis with 8c is doing 2 pits at 20 minutes and 40 minutes
Gallo with NSX is doing 1 pit at 30 minutes (for the tyres, 51% fuel left)
Carraza is no pitting, but losing big in the last 5 minutes.
1658176820500.png

I actually was having more trouble with the tyres than with fuel.
1658176777341.png

Decided to give it another try with less weight and less power. The first try was almost stock car with reduced power to fit into PP 550, now it was weight reduction lvl3 and as much power removed as necessary.
this actually added 1 additional lap and still had more fuel left while also being a bit easier on the tyres - though it was more difficult to drive.
1658181639305.png

Last edited:
Back