• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 136 comments

Tidgney

Premium
United Kingdom
Southport
LZR_Tidgney
Hey all,

I think it deserves it own thread imho, but the almighty and as most say Impossible task of achieving gold on all 3 X2010 laps on a pad has now been done!! I achieved it today by getting a 2:09.915 on a pad on Suzuka. I will also be making tutorials on how to and also just making a video for youtube

Feel free to check out the replay

www.livestream.com/tidgney

And no more bashing saying its impossible :D! As it's been proven now! :D

As I said before, You Sir, are Gt God.

lgbrz12roman02125.jpg

Imagine a GT logo with it! 👍

Holy Baby Batman on a Chapperell 2J, i think i need to drive to blackpool hi jack you and make you do my x2010 challenges , i find it near damn impossible to get bronze im like 15 seconds of the pace !!!

A joypad salute to you !!

This does indeed deserve its own thread.

I have been following your progress in the other thread; a lack of time, talent, old age and a recent thumb injury each and all make this beyond myself.

Well done Sir ! 👍:bowdown::cheers:

This does indeed deserve its own thread.

I have been following your progress in the other thread; a lack of time, talent, old age and a recent thumb injury each and all make this beyond myself.

Well done Sir ! 👍:bowdown::cheers:

haha cheers, :). My wrists are happy of the break i think!! Another few days of this my RSI would have come back with a vengeance!!! :P.

And no words can describe my feeling right now its amazing!! (Sad as its over a game, but just the feeling its somert everyone should feel!!!, now buying both collectors and signatures was so worth while!! :D)

Yup major congrats on this one. If you hadn't come in my thread and posted how you had gotten gold on GP/F and were getting close to Suzuka gold I probably wouldn't have been motivated to work on it myself. So much thanks for that. :) Hopefully I can get this suzuka gold and then I'll be done for good with this god forsaken challenge :lol:

Yup major congrats on this one. If you hadn't come in my thread and posted how you had gotten gold on GP/F and were getting close to Suzuka gold I probably wouldn't have been motivated to work on it myself. So much thanks for that. :) Hopefully I can get this suzuka gold and then I'll be done for good with this god forsaken challenge :lol:

Im hope you get it aswell instrumental as its such a feeling when you've done it!!! :D. I will be bringing out tutorials soon of it so if you do get stuck might be of help to you, or to anyone trying to do this! :D! One thing i would recommend is gioteck triggers, my fingers were getting constant cramp in them without them so i bought them (Their only £1/2) and well worth the cramp reduction, (Although be warned both of mine have cracked from the amount of work they have gone through lol)

Hey Tidgney, congratulations :) 👍 !

Could you please tell me which settings you used ? I'm not a bad driver but until now it's absolutely impossible for me to even bronze the challenge with DS3 (I ordered a DFGT which I haven't received yet) :( !

Hey Tidgney, congratulations :) 👍 !

Could you please tell me which settings you used ? I'm not a bad driver but until now it's absolutely impossible for me to even bronze the challenge with DS3 (I ordered a DFGT which I haven't received yet) :( !

Pad was set to brake and accelerate on L2/R2

And on the car;

Driving line/Skid Recovery Force: On
ABS: 1
Everything else: off.

Once again thanks everyone :))

Did you need to rehabilitate your fingers afterwards?

That's an excellent acheivement by the way:tup: I wish I could be faster with the controller.

Pad was set to brake and accelerate on L2/R2

And on the car;

Driving line/Skid Recovery Force: On
ABS: 1
Everything else: off.

Once again thanks everyone :))

That's exactly what I'm using too but I'm not even able to bronze Monza :( ! Guess I'm not a good driver after all :lol: !

Hm, I guess I already have to accelerate when I'm steering in a corner or accelerate and brake at the same or something like this :).

Any general driving tips ?

I salute you. One day I will achieve the same feat, but as you're the first to do so, you receive infinite kudos. Kaz should give you some sort of prize..

That's exactly what I'm using too but I'm not even able to bronze Monza :( ! Guess I'm not a good driver after all :lol: !

Hm, I guess I already have to accelerate when I'm steering in a corner or accelerate and brake at the same or something like this :).

Any general driving tips ?

Dont try and drive fast to achieve bronze. Unlike any other car you drive this differently, so i would recommend rather than the old "Dont accelerate till you know you don't have to take off" you can let go and put back on and the car should drive more into the corner.

You'll notice on suzuka degner 2 or w/e its called i either have to use the dirt OR (If you've watched me previously) do a Scandinavian flick which the car can do and it will slide round a bit more.

Monza the best tips are to cut the chicanes. (I was using default setup for monza and manual :S with no SRF or ABS, so haven't tried with my suzuka setup) and you will loose alot of time at the top of the course with the left long right left, try and maintain 180mph through their and you should get your bronze :D!.

I will be bringing out tutorials for each track so will get on that asap so people can help. Will be video with stop start and talking through the important parts of the laps!!! (Monza and nurb need a memory jog but should still be np).

Is there any way to do this with the analog stick instead of L2 and R2?

I don't like L2 and R2.

I dont believe so as you do need to be able to brake and accelerate instantaneously. E.g. would be Degner 2 and the hairpin. Nurburg and Monza are possible though with the sticks though!

I dont believe so as you do need to be able to brake and accelerate instantaneously. E.g. would be Degner 2 and the hairpin. Nurburg and Monza are possible though with the sticks though!

Ok, but I also experience some lag when trying to steer quickly from left to right. Is this normal with a pad?

It's really annoying because it's forcing me to go slow on Suzuka!!!

Ok, but I also experience some lag when trying to steer quickly from left to right. Is this normal with a pad?

It's really annoying because it's forcing me to go slow on Suzuka!!!

Yes it is you'll see that on some of my attempts if you watch some of the sessions. Especially through esses, because it doesnt turn quickly enough with a pad (Also why people claimed for it to be impossible). So you have to judge the lag in with the lap, so an example would be i put the analog stick straight before the corner finishes before the last S bend before the long left. This way I could turn a bit quicker in.

Yes it is you'll see that on some of my attempts if you watch some of the sessions. Especially through esses, because it doesnt turn quickly enough with a pad (Also why people claimed for it to be impossible). So you have to judge the lag in with the lap, so an example would be i put the analog stick straight before the corner finishes before the last S bend before the long left. This way I could turn a bit quicker in.

I see, I shall try that and turn earlier on the S bends.

What 12 year old said it was impossible??

They dont put stuff in games thats impossible nowadays.

People said it was impossible on a pad, which is also where I read a few GT is biased to wheels threads, as it is much easier on a wheel :).

Give that man a beer. He needs it!

Friends 21st Birthday this saturday and mine next week so alot of drink will be going down now!!! :D. And my house mates are rather thankful because i can socialize again ;) and as their girls they really hated the gaming full stop lol! (And no im not gay just lucky :P)

F1Addict
I salute you. One day I will achieve the same feat, but as you're the first to do so, you receive infinite kudos. Kaz should give you some sort of prize..

Like a gold watch, or a mink coat, cause you da pimp!

Amazing. I don't have much time invested, but I haven't even't bronzed yet on my G27.

Major congrats!
Just curious, how much time did it take for you do achive this?

Well over the past week i've done 5 13/14 hour sessions. And since christmas/New year kinda period i have been doing 2-3 hour sessions everyday.

Lets just say I'd rather not count ;P.

Cheers again everyone!

Back