The 'Impossible' Achieved!

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 136 comments
beer-mug.jpg

You earned it.

btw, I'm working with the analog stick for acceleration/braking. I think it works pretty well for throttle control.

Ye it does as i race with that usually, but i found that just to get that extra little bit i needed the L2/R2 :P.

They dont put stuff in games thats impossible nowadays.
If games are tested properly then, no they do not, but GT5 clearly was not fully tested. The fact that Tigdney alone has managed this does give PD a get-out, and if they are happy that just one person (and maybe in time just a handful of people) out of the millions who have play GT5 with a DS3 are able to gold an event then that is a very poor show indeed.

I would climb down only if PD come out and state that the time set for Vettel is based upon someone using a DS3.

Tigdney 👍👍 PD 👎👎

Wow. Great ****ing work... It was hard enough for me with the wheel, I just can't imagine someone being able to do it on controller. Amazing!

[youtubehd]fB_1gPRCLCo[/youtubehd]

Well done Sir! :D
I'm a G25 user, and I had to use the pad for the Corvette / Indy seasonal event. I hated it, the steering is evil - throttle control on the stick is so much worse than it was in GT4. :(

So yeah, bloody well done. 👍

I dont believe so as you do need to be able to brake and accelerate instantaneously. E.g. would be Degner 2 and the hairpin. Nurburg and Monza are possible though with the sticks though!

I can brake and accelerate at the same time with X and [] but there is no way I'm going to say you don't deserve a large round of drinks!
This achievement is something I imagine doing on the bus home from work and never thought it possible with a DS3!
I have to say you have some bo****x on you just for persisting with this (until now) ridiculous task.
:cheers:

Thank you for proving it can be done, but my frustration threshold is very, very low. Can't handle it. Therefore, unless I can gold them all first time, I won't ever gold them.

You sir deserve my respect:bowdown:
But may I ask you a question...Why? Why have you "wasted" your time with this?

If im honest im a bit of a weird one when it comes to challenges. I saw the challenge and went for it :P, and thought "Impossible?? Nah i can do this!" and when i get that mind set i dont quit, as friends/family know irl lol, and as the people iv met online also know :P. Thats the reason really lol :s, but hey the feelings i got after doing it though were so awesome it was well worth it! :D.

Cheers everyone once again!!

Might make a new religion called Tidgneyism (Only 1 rule, GT5! :D)

Wow, very impressive. Mad skills. 👍 I just golded Monza with a G27 and felt like a god. Can't imagine how you feel by achieving all golds with a DS3. Haha. :lol:

Is there any video of you showing the DS3 instead of the game or even both at the same time? I'd love to see that, cause I bet it looks very interesting. :embarrassed:

Wow, very impressive. Mad skills. 👍 I just golded Monza with a G27 and felt like a god. Can't imagine how you feel by achieving all golds with a DS3. Haha. :lol:

Is there any video of you showing the DS3 instead of the game or even both at the same time? I'd love to see that, cause I bet it looks very interesting. :embarrassed:

Im going to try see if their is someway to show me livestreaming me (Playing) and the screen at the same time but ill have to look into that. I do have a webcam but it doesn't capture the screen properly as i was streaming via that before capture card arrived.

If im honest im a bit of a weird one when it comes to challenges. I saw the challenge and went for it :P, and thought "Impossible?? Nah i can do this!" and when i get that mind set i dont quit, as friends/family know irl lol, and as the people iv met online also know :P. Thats the reason really lol :s, but hey the feelings i got after doing it though were so awesome it was well worth it! :D.

Cheers everyone once again!!

Might make a new religion called Tidgneyism (Only 1 rule, GT5! :D)
I'm now a Tidgneyan (or something):)
Tidgney (god) bless me:bowdown:

That was just impressive, the closest I ever got to getting gold on a DS3 was .081 away from gold. I have never even gotten close to that time again. I guess now I know I can go for Platinum.

Thanks... for making me go back to the game after two weeks.

Great job, congrats!

Is there any camera footage of your reaction when you did it? I'd love to see that :)

Haha unfortunatly not but if you want someones opinion of my reaction ill get my housemate to say somert :P as she was home on her lunch break and well i just went completely nuts. Ill describe it to you though ;).

After the chicane i saw my time reference point (The pit wall) that i was in 1:03's well (1:00's which it takes 3 seconds exactly to get to the line), so got nervous so so quick and usually i get nervous in the lap but wasn't really paying attention to the time for a change.

When i cross the line i said "Come on......" hoping i had done it. Saw the time i suddenly couldn't breath, i jumped up through controller on the floor and proper jumped about as if i had won the lottery. I was shouting "Oh my god... oh my god... oh my god..." while house mate was trying to say "You done it?". I Jumped through my bedroom door into living room into hallway saying that, and holding my hands on head. Then rushed to the computer typed in chat, and went a bit crazy lol. I then couldn't stop shacking and believing it for the next 2 hours :P.

Hope that can give some sort of mental image for you :P.

Haha cheers all and yes no more excuses now ds3 users :D!

Back