The 'Impossible' Achieved!

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 136 comments
Massive respect, thats a seriously impressive piece of driving, congratulations.
I felt awesome after finally achieveing it with a wheel, but I can imagine how you must of felt achieving all the golds with a DS3.

Once again Congratulations!!!!!

Another configuration to try is use right-stick for acceleration so you have more finesse, but disable the right-stick down as brake and move that to L2, then you can feather acceleration through corners as you hold the brake changing your braking speed and providing a stable engine revolution to clean acceleration exiting the corner.

Congrats on the gold using a controller,(thumb-sticks and shoulder-pads) that gives me hope to at least achieve a bronze, I've tried the challenge a few times, I'd have to compare it to trying to capture a squirrel with your bare hands, its possible, but you will land on your face, numerous times. Congrats and thanks for sharing your story.

No idea what your on about mate. I used a pad you can ask people who was watching me do it, you can ask people who were affected IRL by it entering/exiting my room. Its easy to stay sensitive on a dual shock on a long corner and i mean easy you can do it on any game, MW2 you can walk or run with DS same principle applies slight to left then bit more and so on. As for the acceleration if you let go entirely the car will do 50% on high speed (Well i noticed that on the hairpin at nurb anyhow), and i think you should try using L2/R2 you can get quite precise with that. And 75% is very easy on a Dual shock (When i normally race, but here it was L2/R2) I also suggest you watch the hours of footage of attempts for the proof.

I did expect a flame post at some point, but thats what i expect on any gaming forum nowadays nice try though mate.

This isn't lame post, yours is man. Trying to achieve some glory over a lie. I'm not going to ask anyone who was in your room :dunce: man. Are you serious? No!! you are just sad.

Ask how many games try and try over and over play Vettel Challenge using DualShock and their all failed badly. This is real proof that Gold on Suzuka with DS is impossible. Because all those guys out there stuck with that Challenge in this point, not knowing where to find this extra seconds, it's hard to do with Wheel, because i did this many times. And I'm pretty sure that their play there countless hours trying to improve their laps but still fail. Not because they don't have enough skill to do it, but guess what champ! Yeah, because this is impossible.

When i cross the line i said "Come on......" hoping i had done it. Saw the time i suddenly couldn't breath, i jumped up through controller on the floor and proper jumped about as if i had won the lottery. I was shouting "Oh my god... oh my god... oh my god..." while house mate was trying to say "You done it?". I Jumped through my bedroom door into living room into hallway saying that, and holding my hands on head. Then rushed to the computer typed in chat, and went a bit crazy lol. I then couldn't stop shacking and believing it for the next 2 hours :P.

Lol, that's great. Reminds me of when Man United won the CL in '99, at the final whistle I was running around the house shouting and jumping up & down for about 15 minutes, must have seemed like a right loony.

Congrats on the golds, sounds like you deserve it for your dedication. 👍

The gear changes are much to quick to use manual on the DS3. (I've no experience with a wheel though).

This isn't true either. I'm using manual just fine with the DS3.

Oh and congrats Tidgney, looks like you have your own (first?) dedicated and jealous troll! Just look at ussr go.

don't mind your jealous trolls, they need to get a life.

ANYWAY, Tidgney gets our

seal-of-approval.jpg

👍

very good work! how many tries did it take? i gave up on my third, the car reminds me to much of the FGT [which i hate]

Are you all guys fall for this guy?? Seriously???

There has been numerous threads and posts, saying the same thing. Gold on Suzuka using Dual Shock is impossible. And that have been proved by anyone who spend many hours including me, yes i did failed, Bronze was anything i could get. And i did spend almost a week driving just on Suzuka because i said to my self. Suzuka is the hardest, but maybe if i try then i would be able to cut those missing seconds. But i was not alone, many players tried and we all failed. So now some completely new dude appears here claiming that he did it 👎 That's just very sad, lying will get you nowhere. I saw your movies and obviously no Dual-Shock will allowed you to go so smoothly in those Suzuka corners. Kudos 👍 for you, because you have Gold but used Wheel, not DS. For someone whose playing using Dual Shock watching your movies should be enough evidence. Smooth cornering, and analog throttle control is impossible with DS, period!

Are you all guys fall for this guy?? Seriously???

There has been numerous threads and posts, saying the same thing. Gold on Suzuka using Dual Shock is impossible. And that have been proved by anyone who spend many hours including me, yes i did failed, Bronze was anything i could get. And i did spend almost a week driving just on Suzuka because i said to my self. Suzuka is the hardest, but maybe if i try then i would be able to cut those missing seconds. But i was not alone, many players tried and we all failed. So now some completely new dude appears here claiming that he did it 👎 That's just very sad, lying will get you nowhere. I saw your movies and obviously no Dual-Shock will allowed you to go so smoothly in those Suzuka corners. Kudos 👍 for you, because you have Gold but used Wheel, not DS. For someone whose playing using Dual Shock watching your movies should be enough evidence. Smooth cornering, and analog throttle control is impossible with DS, period!

Yay my 2nd troll. Now i can easily go on television, happily pull out lap times that match what i did, on a pad. I'm looking into setting up my webcam and capture card at same time so i can show that lap times are possible.

Lol you sir must have never used a dual shock before because smooth cornering is very possible and analog throttle control is exactly the same (Although i used L2/R2 so shows how much you read this thread :P)

I haven't come out of no where might i add, perhaps on gtplanet maybe but i've been saying its possible since i've been on the challenge on OPC. I would love to see this supposed Wheel attempt i've done but unfortunatly i have not. And as can be seen by other members also getting close to the Gold that its possible.

I do love some peoples mentality though ;) "IM ZE BEST IF I CAN'T DO IT NOONE CAN TEHEHEHE". But seriously if you actually try it using my tutorial you will suddenly see a drop in your times ;).

Cheers for yet another try, hey maybe u and ussr are brother trolls or something?? who knows.

very good work! how many tries did it take? i gave up on my third, the car reminds me to much of the FGT [which i hate]

Hmm tries im unsure hours are more of a better goal i can say. Since christmas / new year i've done 2-3 hour sessions daily (Training/Learning), and recently 13/14 hour sessions (4/5 of em)

I haven't come out of no where might i add, perhaps on gtplanet maybe but i've been saying its possible since i've been on the challenge on OPC.

Hmm actually this is good point, your only posts are around trolling this challenge, do you have some God Syndrome or something? Because you did not give a single proof of your drive using DS. That video of yours is made using Wheel, to smooth for controller.

Hmm actually this is good point, your only posts are around trolling this challenge, do you have some God Syndrome or something? Because you did not give a single proof of your drive using DS. That video of yours is made using Wheel, to smooth for controller.

Listen you can believe what you want to believe im not getting into an argument over the internet. If you really think that its impossible on a DS3 then feel free to think that. But me, Instrumental and the others attempting gold presently all know the truth. The 'non' trolls and the people who understand that it is possible all know. Friends/Family know, its not my problem if you don't believe it really as to me your just saying this because you yourself can't do it on a pad and so just produce this sort of thinking "I can't so noone can".

As i said smoothness on a pad is very possible (I've played on a pad all my life since GT1 and obviously on the PS2 onwards i used Analog sticks) so i know how smooth they can be.

Proof? Many people were watching my attempts during it, you can see that im on a pad from my attempts.

Ill give you timeframes as i rewatch which show im on a pad; 0:21, 0:24, 0:30, 0:43 (Please tell me how you can do that on a wheel, turning to straight instantaneously), 0:48, 1:10, 1:15, 1:17, 1:25, 1:28, 1:48, 1:53, 2:11 - 2:14, 2:18, 2:20, 2:30

But im not responding anymore to random trollness.

Thanks to the congratz though from other people very much appreciated :).

I believe that he used a controller and he said he will post further proof. I can't see someone spending so much time trying to get Gold on Suzuka with a wheel unless they suck to get the consistency of two laps if they have the speed for Gold. Controller I can understand as it will be impossible for most or probably 99% of players due to the amount of effort, skill and luck required to Gold Suzuka.

Controller is smooth generally, just to slow in the steering rate. Wheel is less smooth as you can change direction much quicker and aggressively. It is your opinion he used a wheel, not a fact.

Congratulations Tidgney, I thought it was impossible after trying Suzuka with a controller just after Golding it with a wheel to see what the fuss was about. It is very hard to get a consistency of speed through the esses with the control pad.

Cheers Sauder_Ali,

Yes i will I've actually just thought of an idea.

Rather than running the stream through the card im going to run the stream via the PC screen which should show the game screen, and the webcam at the same time (Ill have a few goes at this). Then if it works fine ill organize a date for all those "Non-believers" to have a look and watch me pull out the lap times.

Cheers Sauder_Ali,

Yes i will I've actually just thought of an idea.

Rather than running the stream through the card im going to run the stream via the PC screen which should show the game screen, and the webcam at the same time (Ill have a few goes at this). Then if it works fine ill organize a date for all those "Non-believers" to have a look and watch me pull out the lap times.

You could just record it with your hand and pad close to the screen, doing a lap or two around Suzuka with good pace. Just use the webcam to record it and upload to YouTube so people can see your inputs correlate with what is happening on screen.

I believe you from seeing a few minutes of your live sessions and the way you go through the esses is a bit different than the wheel and the way you go off the track sometimes is due to not compensating for steering lag in time. In a wheel it is unlikely for people to go off in the ways you go off. It reminds me of my very few attempts using a controller. You have to turn in one go and early to nail the corner unlike the wheel where you can do corrections easily in mid-corner. Also for people saying it looks like the wheel then obviously it will resemble it as you have to go fast as Gold Lap times. It won't look completely different but you can notice the subtle differences between pad and wheel.

You could just record it with your hand and pad close to the screen, doing a lap or two around Suzuka with good pace. Just use the webcam to record it and upload to YouTube so people can see your inputs correlate with what is happening on screen.

I believe you from seeing a few minutes of your live sessions and the way you go through the esses is a bit different than the wheel and the way you go off the track sometimes is due to not compensating for steering lag in time. In a wheel it is unlikely for people to go off in the ways you go off. It reminds me of my very few attempts using a controller. You have to turn in one go and early to nail the corner unlike the wheel where you can do corrections easily in mid-corner. Also for people saying it looks like the wheel then obviously it will resemble it as you have to go fast as Gold Lap times. It won't look completely different but you can notice the subtle differences between pad and wheel.

Cheers i tried the webcam method earlier before capture card arrived and the screen is to bright for it to capture (Only a cheap cam you see) but im thinking that i can actually ask some of the livestreamers for me to do something in the car or w/e to prove it i'll think of something :D.

I don't know if I would even be bothered trying to prove to these guys even further that you did it with the DS3. If it's not one excuse they'll make it's another. The fact that they don't even have a grasp of the basic mechanics and limitations of the controller and won't acknowledge the obvious differences between gold times with a wheel and your run make it obvious that they're just here to troll.

Once I get gold on Suzuka, I never want to look at that challenge again so props if you have at it yet again :lol:

I don't know if I would even be bothered trying to prove to these guys even further that you did it with the DS3. If it's not one excuse they'll make it's another. The fact that they don't even have a grasp of the basic mechanics and limitations of the controller and won't acknowledge the obvious differences between gold times with a wheel and your run make it obvious that they're just here to troll.

Once I get gold on Suzuka, I never want to look at that challenge again so props if you have at it yet again :lol:

I've no idea why i am either, i just like to prove a point i guess but if they try make up some other random excuses etc then fair play for their childness eh :P.

I know what you mean about Suzuka challenge hehe :). Hang in their mate you will get it! :D!

:lol: @ the trolls and their sad arguments. They wont get over the fact that someone out there is more skilled with a controller, just ignore them. Congrats bud, that was an amazing run.👍

Think people what you want, it's easy to fool majority like politicians do, but it's impossible to fool intelligence. 👍 Good job there. Keep continue.

As I said before, You Sir, are Gt God.

lgbrz12roman02125.jpg

Imagine a GT logo with it! 👍

Mr Picky would like to point out that is a statue of David who was not a God but a clever, intelligent, and highly-flawed man who did the work of our God.
(he must be delivering the message of congratulations to the OP from God? or the image is a symbol of the David (OP) slaying the Ogre (GT5)? or the DAvid statue is the prize itself?...my head is starting to spin!!! :dunce: )

anyhoo....congrats to the OP! damn good work on a pad!!!!
👍

Congrats OP - I haven't even tried the challenge yet out of fear of my controller ending up in the TV screen at some point! The amount of time and effort put in was truly remarkable. Well done!

Cheers again.

For the 'additional' proof on top of the time stamps i have given i can manage any time after the 24th of February. This is because im home for my birthday and won't have my PC near me. I will however see if theres a video camera about and plant in the lap time via that and upload that if that works. But if anyone has a particular day that they might want to see this after the 24th feel free to PM me otherwise i'll just set up an event in the livestream, with the webcam and/or capture card (Depending on settings and other things which i've been playing about with)

Mr Picky would like to point out that is a statue of David who was not a God but a clever, intelligent, and highly-flawed man who did the work of our God.
(he must be delivering the message of congratulations to the OP from God? or the image is a symbol of the David (OP) slaying the Ogre (GT5)? or the DAvid statue is the prize itself?...my head is starting to spin!!! :dunce: )

anyhoo....congrats to the OP! damn good work on a pad!!!!
👍

Hey,
The guy deserved a statue, so I gave him a statue!

Back