The Interiors Thread.

The dashboard of the 1986 Oldsmobile Incas Concept is fascinating, to say the least.

1986_ItalDesign-Oldsmobile-Incas_09.jpg

oldsmobile_incas_concept_8.jpg

The first image is the driver’s view. The second you can see the seat the driver sits in. The passenger seat is rear facing in front of the driver. You can see the steering tiller and parking brake on the driver’s side where they sit and the gauges are under the passenger seat.

An old Reddit post mentions it's possible USA was trying to switch to kilometres around that time. I was 17yo in '88. Trying to remember if that was the case.
It goes back before that. Gerald Ford signed the Metric Conversion Act into law in 1975, and Carter continued the push. It kind of died with Reagan after Carter's single term, though.

In my experience of almost buying a 996, Porsche would happily sell you any 911 in any interior color you want no matter how ridiculous it was versus the rest of the car. That's a lot more tame than the dark blue one I test drove that had a canary yellow interior.

The amount of interior options is also nuts on Porsches. IIRC correctly there was even an option to wrap the hvac vent blades in leather! :lol:

My 986 was optioned to a sort of 7/10 level...they didn't go overboard.
Didn't the 930 turbos have an option to wrap the gauges with leather? Unless that was Gemballa.

Man that Boxster interior is hideous. It doesn't help that the regular interior didn't really look like anything special.

Back